Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ignite Memories posted:

I get a reasonable amount of enjoyment out of 40k, sometimes I just like the idea of playing a game that doesn't make me drag multiple suitcases full of poo poo across town.

SRM, just do me a quick favor and take a gander at the starter boxes I mentioned in my post. I tried to imagine I was you, and pick out what I could stand to play. If you don't like any of them then I won't bother you again about it.

edit: dang, bloodbowl would have been my other choice.

I just don't care for sportsball, even violent fantasy sportsball. Gorkamorka or Necromunda though, sign me the gently caress up.

The webstore for Malifaux is down because of Gencon. I'll look up the starter boxes then. If I can just play with the cowboy guys I might be interested. I just don't want weird half angel zombie dogs and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

SRM posted:

I just don't care for sportsball, even violent fantasy sportsball. Gorkamorka or Necromunda though, sign me the gently caress up.

The webstore for Malifaux is down because of Gencon. I'll look up the starter boxes then. If I can just play with the cowboy guys I might be interested. I just don't want weird half angel zombie dogs and poo poo.

If you go to http://www.wyrd-games.net/malifaux , there's a number of faction icons. Clicking on one of those faction icons will take you to a page with the faction Masters, lore, and a general tactica. Clicking on one of the Masters will take you to the page showing their background, starter box contents (front with art, back with renders), and general tactica.

It doesn't cover *all* the models available yet, but at least you can see what the starter pack models look like.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

I just don't care for sportsball, even violent fantasy sportsball.
I didn't think it'd be my thing either, but I got into the PC game years ago and loved it. It's a solid game that manages to be goofy as hell at the same time. It has to be simultaneously the most entertaining and frustrating tabletop game I've played. Now with the whole Age of Sigmar thing I have a perfect excuse to convert a bunch of teams. I'm even making a board out of insulation foam for like $10 with enough left over to make two more if need be. Buying kits off of ebay has been a bit pricier, of course :v:, but still fairly cheap for what I'm getting. It's also easier to hassle people about coming over to drink and shout over plastic men when you provide the models and they don't have to worry about things like measuring or more than 11 dudes at once. Plus, it's footbawl. :911: Sort of.

There's still a bunch of old teams on ebay if converting's not your thing and then you'd have the perfect excuse to paint them in rad 90's color schemes.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

ANAmal.net posted:

Honestly the only thing that pisses me off playing 40k these days is when I'm actually not loving up and then I get stunted on by poor dice rolls. It's frustrating and I know I'm being a dick about it, but I have to catch myself sometimes. I played a game against TheChirurgeon a couple weeks ago, where he was the one getting the bad rolls, and I didn't know how to react to being on the other side of that.

Yeah, def something I need to be better about. My cause was doomed regardless; Khorne Daemonkin seem really at low points values since the have to pay the MoK tax on all their SM units. The list I brought of painted mans was pretty terrible, and it was no surprised I got housed by Shadow Daishi's Space Wolves in every game we played. It was neat to see your dudes get housed when I got into combat, but failing a charge range inside of 7" with a unit when you *need* to get into CC to avoid getting demolished may be one of the most demoralizing things that can happen in modern 40k.

not lame!
May 9, 2006
STYLE!
Is there any use for a Daemon Prince in a chaos army (of any kind) that doesn't have power armor or wings? I think I've made a terrible mistake misreading the rules when I built this guy :ohdear:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

SRM posted:

If I can just play with the cowboy guys I might be interested.

You can totally just play cowboys. In fact, the Guild faction is just straight-up humans with guns and robots and some (sanctioned) magic.

And they are really good at what they do, too. In one of the last major tournaments (gencon? maybe?) they topped at 1st, which surprised a lot of people.

How's your groups thoughts on Infinity? Seems like it'd be a way to scratch that sci-fi itch. The rules are free so if nothing else people can just proxy some poo poo to get an idea of how it works before they decide to buy anything.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

BULBASAUR posted:

For sure, but you'd have to talk about it if it happened. Going from the reactions to AoS some of your show regulars had, I imagine it would be even more dividing/derailing.

Eh - the only one super upset about it is Justin. MAYBE Bryce (to a much lesser degree - but he didn't even play Fantasy so... what's to be upset about?) The rest of us are actually pretty interested.\

I haven't played my first game yet because the last two weekends have been events for 40k at my house, and playing in other 40k events around the area.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Is there any way to make a decent shooting-focused Space Marine Captain/Chapter Master?

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

not lame! posted:

Is there any use for a Daemon Prince in a chaos army (of any kind) that doesn't have power armor or wings? I think I've made a terrible mistake misreading the rules when I built this guy :ohdear:
Not really. You can make an argument for one or the other, but even that isn't too great. The model just isn't tough enough base to handle a lot of fire, and Bolters can ruin your day. I guess you could make him Nurgle and walk him behind other Daemons, so he can at least rely on Shrouded + Intervening Models. That might be okay.

The correct answer is just to run him however. He's a Daemon Prince. He magics himself around. Also, his flesh is the stuff of raw chaos, so it is tougher. Chaos, man.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ghost Hand posted:

Eh - the only one super upset about it is Justin. MAYBE Bryce (to a much lesser degree - but he didn't even play Fantasy so... what's to be upset about?) The rest of us are actually pretty interested.\

I haven't played my first game yet because the last two weekends have been events for 40k at my house, and playing in other 40k events around the area.

I felt really bad for Justin when I was listening to the last ephisode :(

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Is there any way to make a decent shooting-focused Space Marine Captain/Chapter Master?

No.

Well, I guess Pedro Kantor is the closest vanilla marine.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Aug 18, 2015

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Lias the CM of the raptors is pretty good at the bullets. But no, the HQ slot for marines is utility or a face beater

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

SRM posted:

I hate the aesthetic and how inconsistent things are per gang, thematically, and I want an army-scale game. 40k's aesthetic and lore have their hooks in me real deep and I don't want to play with a little girl and her killer teddy bear against samurai zombies. If they were doing Necromunda again I'd jump back in in a heartbeat.

Pretty much this. I was hooked by the setting over a decade before I started playing, my favorite fiction books have come out of it. Playing the game this past year has only deepened by fanboyism. Even if the table top game were to disappear entirely I'd simply be waiting for a company to pick it up in GWs place.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Naramyth posted:

Lias the CM of the raptors is pretty good at the bullets. But no, the HQ slot for marines is utility or a face beater

It's a shame, Thule looks so cool with his heavy bolter.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Uroboros posted:

Pretty much this. I was hooked by the setting over a decade before I started playing, my favorite fiction books have come out of it. Playing the game this past year has only deepened by fanboyism. Even if the table top game were to disappear entirely I'd simply be waiting for a company to pick it up in GWs place.

The AoS debacle somehow drew me further in. I don't want to support AoS and GW's broken decisions, but I ended up buying the Cohort Mechanicus. I love the Cult Mechanicus, love the lore, and I love the new miniatures. I even love the rules, the fluffy formations, and so forth.

I'm 37 now, but have memories of sitting in junior high english class reading a white dwarf about Blood Angels, probably late rogue trader or very early 2E. I've been hooked by 40k ever since.

X-Wing and Warmachine are more practical games, and I hate GW's current stewards. I want this game and IP to be in the hands of someone who can really shepherd it well and I think a lot of the hate comes from the same point of view.

If any of you hamgoons are in the Seattle area and want to play, send me a PM. We can play fluffhams and cry about GW.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I've only really run Rogue Trader (my friends collected Fantasy models in highschool) but that was a fun game. We decided it would be a Mecha game, so we had a human with an Imperial Knight, an Eldar Wraithknight pilot, a Tau Riptide pilot who was the sister of Not!Char Aznabel the Tau, and an Ork Mekboy who was just a pure Super Robot pilot who made an engine that ran on the Waaagh.

They were captained by a Rogue Trader pretending to be an Inquisitor pretending to be a Rogue Trader. It was fun.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Onmi posted:

They were captained by a Rogue Trader pretending to be an Inquisitor pretending to be a Rogue Trader. It was fun.

Ghost Hand, new serial podcast idea

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
If only they did something with AoS where they said "max squad size=x" and then balanced it with an FOC of sorts. Take X core warscrolls and Y HQ scrolls. Would probably have been better received than what they have now.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Warhammer World on the 19th September for those who have expressed an interest. I want to do a logistics post and then I have written a scenario that you can all mercilessly pull to pieces which I shall post subsequently.

WHW opens at 10am and I would ask all to aim for 1030 to set up for game start at 1100. I would like to end the game at 1730 so we can be packed up and away by the closing time of 1800. We can have 60-90 mins for lunch and at this point I feel after turn 2. I am not sure if this is enough time if people want to see the exhibitions as I have not been since the refurbishment but we can be a little bit flexible on the day depending on what people's preferences are and how many demo games of Age of Sigmar everyone wants to do. Five, I think five. It might be that we play your army for you for the time you are away if thats okay.

At this time as I am anticipating 6+ players I have gone with 1500pts each for a non-apocalypse multiplayer game. We could potentially discuss a superheavy or knight but I think it would be beneficial if it is only one or two per side and they need to be balanced by an equivalent on the other side. If there are less players we can potentially increase the points but this will also increase the turn time and it will become a little more apocalypsesy . There is time for two normal 1500 pts games in the day easily so I hope that despite the additional time involved in deconflicting simultaneous player turns (and a potentially messy psychic phase) we will be able to get to the end. My scenario is slightly more destructive than normal which is intentional so that the turns get faster as the army shrinks.

My biggest fear is that guys don't have fun. I hope people can aim for mid level lists so that nobody is alpha struck off the board. I also feel we can potentially add in a safety net rule or two to ensure everyone has stuff to do up to the final turn.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Scenario Goonpocalypse II “Return to D’Jimigan’s Bridge

There was little interest when contact was lost with Avius IV, the only occupied planet of the Avius system. It was many months after when the Imperial Tithe gathering vessels arrived to find the planet devoid of human life. The navigators and astromancers from these ships reported the sense of a malign intelligence permeating the planet. The name ‘Iagobus’ is reportedly whispered on the winds of the warp but he does not appear to be a native of the empyrean.

The captain of the vessel soon departed and given the uncertainty and the lack of importance declared the planet Interminus. Not long after this a number of small forces began to arrive in system. The nature of the intelligence sensed was not clear but there were those who believed that this was a power to be harnessed, and those who believed it was essential to destroy such a potent force. Small skirmishes have broken out as the forces have made planetfall. Uneasy alliances have formed due to the common cause between those who are natural enemies and often due to the oppressive presence on the planet . As Iagobus has begun to manifest itself in the area known as D’Jimigan’s Bridge the patchwork of forces have converged to do battle….

The Armies

1500pts a person, Battle Forged but feel free to use any detachments/formations you have. I would encourage you to bring your favourite models rather than beat face lists. Painted models for preference.

For this scenario I propose randomly selecting teams, all Allies of Convenience regardless of who is with who.

Each army has a warlord and each team must nominate an overlord. This is relevant to the victory conditions.

The Battlefield

Is obviously D’Jimigan’s Bridge and has fixed terrain. Five objectives, one at the centre of the board and one at the centre of each quarter of the board.

Deployment up to 12” from the centre of the board. Depending on number of players on each team depends on the width of each players deployment zone. (ie the table length divided by number of players). One unit of each player can be deployed out of their own deployment zone (can be a unit embarked on a transport) in another friendly players deployment zone.

Objectives

At the start of the game and at the start of each game turn a playing card is dealt for each objective. The number on the playing card is the objective’s value in victory points for that turn. Each team scores these points if they are in control at the end of their player turn. ObSec applies as normal. Face cards have no score.
Slay the Warlord (any warlord) 8pts
Slay the Overlord 15pts
Maintain Control – Number of table quarters occupied by each player x2pts at the end.

Night fighting, reserves, scout moves, as normal. Damaging objectives (outlined below), Mobile objective

The whims of Iagobus mean that whilst the proximity to his condensing form allows the nature of his being to be determined by the learned he is a risk to those nearby. As such all friendly models within 6” of an objective must make a test, determined by the card at the start of each player turn. If they fail they take a wound, no saves allowed. If rolling for a number of members of a unit the player who owns the unit can choose who to remove. Vehicles will remove a hull point.

Red cards – standard test (ie roll under the characteristic)
Black cards – reverse (roll over the characteristic)

Heart and Spade – test against strength or hull points remaining
Diamond and Club – test against toughness or AV on 2d6

King – the executioner – 12” rather than 6” range to effect
Queen – the healer – Test as normal but regain a wound (including members of the unit who have died so models can be placed back on the table, ICs do not benefit if they were a member of the unit)
Jack – the fool - After resolving the damage effects of the suit unit controlling an objective at the start of their turn must select a unit within 3” of another objective. These units must then trade places and the units are moved immediately as if they are disembarking from a transport. Following this the player turn continues as normal. As this will take place in the first of the players turn the subsequent second playing team will also be able to exchange places (I am not sure about this rule but feel it will counteract the bigger table in this game).

Mobile Objectives - At the end of each game turn following scoring the objectives scatter (turn number)D6 inches. On the hit roll they stay where they are and they follow the rules for inertia guidance with drop pods. If they go off the board they are gone and if they meet another objective (after both have moved they annihilate and both disappear).

What do you think? I will have a cheat sheet for everyone just to ensure that the order of these extra actions is maintained and doesn't get confusing. There is an element of randomness to it which I know isn't anyone's cup of tea but for a fun game it will prevent things being static and make us decide whether a rush for all the objectives we can grab early will balance off against the potential damage of them.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

GreenMarine posted:

The AoS debacle somehow drew me further in. I don't want to support AoS and GW's broken decisions, but I ended up buying the Cohort Mechanicus. I love the Cult Mechanicus, love the lore, and I love the new miniatures. I even love the rules, the fluffy formations, and so forth.

I'm 37 now, but have memories of sitting in junior high english class reading a white dwarf about Blood Angels, probably late rogue trader or very early 2E. I've been hooked by 40k ever since.

X-Wing and Warmachine are more practical games, and I hate GW's current stewards. I want this game and IP to be in the hands of someone who can really shepherd it well and I think a lot of the hate comes from the same point of view.

If any of you hamgoons are in the Seattle area and want to play, send me a PM. We can play fluffhams and cry about GW.

What city? Excellent chance I'll be moving to Port Orchard next spring and finding some equally old 40k gamers is on my list.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Slimnoid posted:

You can totally just play cowboys. In fact, the Guild faction is just straight-up humans with guns and robots and some (sanctioned) magic.

And they are really good at what they do, too. In one of the last major tournaments (gencon? maybe?) they topped at 1st, which surprised a lot of people.

How's your groups thoughts on Infinity? Seems like it'd be a way to scratch that sci-fi itch. The rules are free so if nothing else people can just proxy some poo poo to get an idea of how it works before they decide to buy anything.

I'll look into them. Unfortunately nobody in my group plays Infinity to my knowledge, or if they did it was a flavor of the month thing a long time ago. Sci-fi is my thing, and especially army-scale sci-fi. Malifaux, if I were to enjoy it, could be a fun distraction, but 40k's probably always going to be my "main" game.

GreenMarine posted:

Is there much of a hamscene out in Seattle? The grimdark goons map doesn't have a ton of folks around it unfortunately.

SRM fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 18, 2015

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

JackMack posted:

...What do you think?...

Looking good to me! Only thing I can think of which may cause issue is remembering the different stats and high/low tests for Objectives causing damage, but shouldn't be a problem with cheatsheets.

Now to decide what to bring...

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

LingcodKilla posted:

What city? Excellent chance I'll be moving to Port Orchard next spring and finding some equally old 40k gamers is on my list.

I'm in Kenmore, work in Bellevue. There's a great store in Bellevue called the Mox Boardinghouse. They do Warmachine on Mon, Warhammer on Tues, and X-Wing on Wed. Thursday and Friday are card games, but they have separate rooms for cards and wargames so tables are always around to play on. They also have a full bar and restaurant.

There is a Warhammer scene here, although I'm not too active in it preferring to play with friends. Most friends are into Warmachine, which I also play, but I'm looking to balance that with some hams. The Warhammer scene here used to be bigger but GW closed the battle bunker in Bellevue. Still, most of the independent game stores carry GW stuff.

Mox is worth a visit if you're in the area. Or in Seattle it's Card Kingdom. Same company, also has a bar.

Port Orchard is a bit far, given it's on the other side of the sound. The Dwarf Fortress creators live over there.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

SRM posted:

Is there much of a hamscene out in Seattle? The grimdark goons map doesn't have a ton of folks around it unfortunately.

Seattle's got a huge miniatures scene. It's shifted toward WarmaHordes because of GW shenanigans and Privateer Press being a hometown flavor, however there's consistently a large market for hams on Craigslist out of Seattle. I've been by several local shops when I'm up that way (usually once or more a month for work) and 40k is still a very popular game up there. It may just be coincidence that the local goon scene aren't 40k hams.

I recall several times hearing about the Bellingham group, which is far enough north of Seattle to be separate, but was active and good. Perhaps one of them will post here about it.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Game stores that also have full bars sound like some kind of holy land to me.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Full bars with games are pretty neat too. Any combination of these things, really.

edit: when I die please replace my blood with rum and bury me in a virtual-on cabinet. tia

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 18, 2015

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

SRM posted:

Game stores that also have full bars sound like some kind of holy land to me.

One old gaming group I hung out with a year ago or so played in a club on Sundays, which included lots of beer being consumed as people played either 40k or Magic. But sadly the owners of that club changed so that whole thing stopped. Instead I just tend to hang at the local boardgame café which seems a mix of Netrunner, Magic and occasionally Warhammer.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Can someone explain the Exalted Court of House Terryn to me? My local store has them and I'm not exactly sure what is special about them if the rules can just be downloaded online. Do you need the "exclusive" rulebook to play them in tournaments? Are they worth such a high price tag?

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
You don't need to own the special rules sheet to play the exalted court, just printing a copy of it is fine. The rules are here:

GW released that datasheet publicly.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

JackMack posted:

Scenario Goonpocalypse II “Return to D’Jimigan’s Bridge

There was little interest when contact was lost with Avius IV, the only occupied planet of the Avius system. It was many months after when the Imperial Tithe gathering vessels arrived to find the planet devoid of human life. The navigators and astromancers from these ships reported the sense of a malign intelligence permeating the planet. The name ‘Iagobus’ is reportedly whispered on the winds of the warp but he does not appear to be a native of the empyrean.

The captain of the vessel soon departed and given the uncertainty and the lack of importance declared the planet Interminus. Not long after this a number of small forces began to arrive in system. The nature of the intelligence sensed was not clear but there were those who believed that this was a power to be harnessed, and those who believed it was essential to destroy such a potent force. Small skirmishes have broken out as the forces have made planetfall. Uneasy alliances have formed due to the common cause between those who are natural enemies and often due to the oppressive presence on the planet . As Iagobus has begun to manifest itself in the area known as D’Jimigan’s Bridge the patchwork of forces have converged to do battle….

The Armies

1500pts a person, Battle Forged but feel free to use any detachments/formations you have. I would encourage you to bring your favourite models rather than beat face lists. Painted models for preference.

For this scenario I propose randomly selecting teams, all Allies of Convenience regardless of who is with who.

Each army has a warlord and each team must nominate an overlord. This is relevant to the victory conditions.

The Battlefield

Is obviously D’Jimigan’s Bridge and has fixed terrain. Five objectives, one at the centre of the board and one at the centre of each quarter of the board.

Deployment up to 12” from the centre of the board. Depending on number of players on each team depends on the width of each players deployment zone. (ie the table length divided by number of players). One unit of each player can be deployed out of their own deployment zone (can be a unit embarked on a transport) in another friendly players deployment zone.

Objectives

At the start of the game and at the start of each game turn a playing card is dealt for each objective. The number on the playing card is the objective’s value in victory points for that turn. Each team scores these points if they are in control at the end of their player turn. ObSec applies as normal. Face cards have no score.
Slay the Warlord (any warlord) 8pts
Slay the Overlord 15pts
Maintain Control – Number of table quarters occupied by each player x2pts at the end.

Night fighting, reserves, scout moves, as normal. Damaging objectives (outlined below), Mobile objective

The whims of Iagobus mean that whilst the proximity to his condensing form allows the nature of his being to be determined by the learned he is a risk to those nearby. As such all friendly models within 6” of an objective must make a test, determined by the card at the start of each player turn. If they fail they take a wound, no saves allowed. If rolling for a number of members of a unit the player who owns the unit can choose who to remove. Vehicles will remove a hull point.

Red cards – standard test (ie roll under the characteristic)
Black cards – reverse (roll over the characteristic)

Heart and Spade – test against strength or hull points remaining
Diamond and Club – test against toughness or AV on 2d6

King – the executioner – 12” rather than 6” range to effect
Queen – the healer – Test as normal but regain a wound (including members of the unit who have died so models can be placed back on the table, ICs do not benefit if they were a member of the unit)
Jack – the fool - After resolving the damage effects of the suit unit controlling an objective at the start of their turn must select a unit within 3” of another objective. These units must then trade places and the units are moved immediately as if they are disembarking from a transport. Following this the player turn continues as normal. As this will take place in the first of the players turn the subsequent second playing team will also be able to exchange places (I am not sure about this rule but feel it will counteract the bigger table in this game).

Mobile Objectives - At the end of each game turn following scoring the objectives scatter (turn number)D6 inches. On the hit roll they stay where they are and they follow the rules for inertia guidance with drop pods. If they go off the board they are gone and if they meet another objective (after both have moved they annihilate and both disappear).

What do you think? I will have a cheat sheet for everyone just to ensure that the order of these extra actions is maintained and doesn't get confusing. There is an element of randomness to it which I know isn't anyone's cup of tea but for a fun game it will prevent things being static and make us decide whether a rush for all the objectives we can grab early will balance off against the potential damage of them.

I'm not going to be there, but this is pretty well thought out and sounds like fun to play. I like the idea of using a deck of cards instead of the tactical objective cards or whatever. People are going to stay away from objectives if possible, that's for sure.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Jackmack that seems good - I'll book my ticket home for 7ish to account for post-game drinks next to the station.

I'll bring Marines or guard as my necrons are hardly mid level.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I'm thinking of going to the Warhammer World thingy but I won't confirm as I have an aversion to travelling on trains so I will have to psych myself up to going into Birmingham and then to Nottingham. I hate trains. I loving hate trains.

Also, that rules-poo poo looks complicated, if I turn up I am going to be bringing lots of Orks on bikes and my converted poo poo. I will go unbound mad-max style.

Because bikes.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

Looking good to me! Only thing I can think of which may cause issue is remembering the different stats and high/low tests for Objectives causing damage, but shouldn't be a problem with cheatsheets.

Now to decide what to bring...

Thanks dude. I will be bringing Blood Angels. Would be good to see either your retro Salamanders or your Orks. Green either way.

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm not going to be there, but this is pretty well thought out and sounds like fun to play. I like the idea of using a deck of cards instead of the tactical objective cards or whatever. People are going to stay away from objectives if possible, that's for sure.

Thanks, that is kind of you to say. If you fancy a trans-atlantic hop to play a game of 40K with strangers it would be great to see your Iron Warriors! I think using playing cards came from a very old White Dwarf in a Necromunda scenario. Inevitably I will forget the deck of cards.

Lord Twisted posted:

Jackmack that seems good - I'll book my ticket home for 7ish to account for post-game drinks next to the station.

I'll bring Marines or guard as my necrons are hardly mid level.

Coolio. Are your necrons quite a hard list? I remember Wraiths and Tomb Blades.

I think Ineptmule had expressed interest and Krushgroove and a friend or two was a possibility. How does the plan sit with you guys? Any other guys who may have expressed interest and I have forgotten please let us know, and anyone else who wants to come and play, or just hang out please do.

There was a distinct desire for Mad Max related Road Warrior rules in addition. I have thought of a couple of options if anyone was interested (I mention the Safety net for anyone who loses too many units too quick) or am I pushing my luck at this point?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Is there any place you can go to see the latest stupid lore that GW has written? Like I only just learned of the stupid poo poo they did to the Schola program.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Onmi posted:

Is there any place you can go to see the latest stupid lore that GW has written? Like I only just learned of the stupid poo poo they did to the Schola program.

The death pool thread. Brace yourself, you're in for one hell of a ride.

VVV and bits of sick

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 19, 2015

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Wriggle. Wriggle.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Anyone know of decent head swaps for terminators? I've found stuff for not-thousand sons but that's about it.
Looking to add some Indominus terminators to my 30k iron warriors

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So who here has been playing Chapter Master? It's pretty fun for an alpha though very dense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

What is Chapter Master.

• Locked thread