Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Fishstick posted:

Twitter says it should be out everywhere by tomorrow (Tuesday)

Oh sweet, there goes all my free time for the next fortnight. Again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm hoping back in after beating the game back in early June. I know there have been a ton of updates. Anything I should know before getting into a new playthrough?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
New Game+ is out on GOG Galaxy. :getin:

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Finally got to starting the Isle of Mists, Goddamn that Ciri reunion scene, that was some really good directing of the initial scene, and 'acting' wrt facial expressions / animations. And that so short on the heels of a dumb snow white reference.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 17, 2015

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Fishstick posted:

And that so short on the heels of a dumb snow white reference.

I just started laughing when I figured it out. The Witcher universe is all about the fairy tales so it fits.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Do you ever get to redeem Skjall's name once you find Ciri?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Fishstick posted:

Do you ever get to redeem Skjall's name once you find Ciri?

Dang, man, you just found Ciri 10 minutes ago, give it a minute.

She has a questline that involves stuff like this, she can't do anything to clear his name, but she at least gives him a proper burial

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Crappy Jack posted:

Dang, man, you just found Ciri 10 minutes ago, give it a minute.

She has a questline that involves stuff like this, she can't do anything to clear his name, but she at least gives him a proper burial

Haha I was just wondering, it was more "do you ever" rather than "do you ever". But thanks.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Why aren't there any cheats available any more these days? I put 80 hours in this loving game, and I can't finish it because I can't beat Imlerith. I am too old and too slow and the first form takes forever to whittle down just so the second form smashes me to bits within seconds so I don't even learn anything. gently caress.

Edit: Hahaha, drat. Disregard, I made a decision right at the beginning not to use Quen, because it trivialized everything. Over the course of the game I forgot it even exists. Turns out, it still does trivialize everything, even unupgraded.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 17, 2015

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
NG+ is out on Steam, looks like

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

CVagts posted:

New Game+ is out on GOG Galaxy. :getin:

I didn't want to pass Differential Equations and Discrete Math anyway. :sigh:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

GhostDog posted:

Edit: Hahaha, drat. Disregard, I made a decision right at the beginning not to use Quen, because it trivialized everything. Over the course of the game I forgot it even exists. Turns out, it still does trivialize everything, even unupgraded.

Quen is for cowards. :colbert:

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

JetsGuy posted:

Quen is for cowards. :colbert:

Letho doesnt use Quen. So i dont use quen either.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

ughhhh posted:

Unfortunately there's no sign that allows Geralt to take cover behind an enemy's corpse.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

OAquinas posted:

I didn't want to pass Differential Equations and Discrete Math anyway. :sigh:
Depending upon how you want your career path to go, I'd generally opt for making sure you understand discrete math super well over differential equations. Diff eq was pretty easy for me though while I just slept through discrete math during a bad time in life and got the appropriate grade for it. Doing well or mediocre in one or the other hasn't actually impacted me honestly though.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I switched from engineering to finance which was way easier

I work in corporate finance though which is generally a lot more relaxed here than the horror stories i hear from friends

How do I download dlc from the site btw? Is it under "goodies" because that's 7GB of something and it looks like dlc might be in there.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

ughhhh posted:

He sure used quen alot in W2.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

ughhhh posted:

I just got the point in W2 where you fight him (and have to decide Ioverth v Roche) and he uses it all the damned time, it seems. It's ok he's a slow punk who's 10x easier than that laggy Kayran fight was. Crap.

Also, Roche all the way. :colbert:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I finished Wild Hunt over the weekend. I killed Radovid, got Empress Ciri, and saved Roche and Ves. Seriously, that wasn't much of a choice. Roche is Super Bro and Dijkstra is an rear end in a top hat. I think the best ending is Witcheress Ciri. She just seems happier. I've been playing video games since the early 80s on an Apple II+ and Witcher 3 is probably the best game I've played to date. Beautiful graphics, outstanding writing really compelling story, etc. Some of the pop culture references were hilarious as was the mom/dad routine of Yennefer and Geralt around Ciri. CDPR did an awesome job, leaping games forward with no loading screens (pay attention Bioware!) and the ability to switch easily from game pad to m/kb, which made the somewhat awkward inventory system a little easier. My only little quibbles are the inventory system, the level based gear use, and the ugly armor which honestly looked better, graphics aside, in Witcher 2 (though the swords were outstanding).

Since NG+ is out, I'll have to give that a try, since I got the mastercrafted stuff right before I finished the game. I hope Geralt gets to keep all his crap. Maybe I'll win some Gwent rounds. I was just starting to get the hang of it when I finished. :v: Hopefully, I can set it so Letho is alive too. I didn't kill him in W2, but my game import had him dead for some reason.

vvv Thank you.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 17, 2015

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Might wanna fix the second spoiler bracket man.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
New Game+ will end up being my fourth playthrough of this game, so I think I might hold off on it for a while. Got other games to play anyway.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

CVagts posted:

New Game+ will end up being my fourth playthrough of this game, so I think I might hold off on it for a while. Got other games to play anyway.

:eyepop:

How long were each of your playthroughs?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pellisworth posted:

NG+ is out on Steam, looks like

But I just finished my first playthrough.... I was finally free :negative:

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

GhostDog posted:

Why aren't there any cheats available any more these days? I put 80 hours in this loving game, and I can't finish it because I can't beat Imlerith. I am too old and too slow and the first form takes forever to whittle down just so the second form smashes me to bits within seconds so I don't even learn anything. gently caress.

Alternatively, wraith decoction which puts up a Quen whenever you'd get more damage than > 1/3 your vitality. I'm a Signs build but I recently put 3 points in Acquired Tolerance and holy poo poo - I can have ekhidna decocotion AND wraith decoction up? While still being able to chug swallow potions? Dude was a long fight on deathmarch since my sword combat is poo poo, but yrden turrets, upgraded quen and flamethrower-ing him worked really well with ekhidna + wraith. It helps a lot when you have a decoction that literally prevents oneshots, and ekhidna heals you for when you use any sign.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 17, 2015

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I was thinking, one thing that would basically fix how awkward signs are to use on console would be to make the castable from the radial menu without switching to them. Like, switching to quen, casting it, then switching back to aard/igni/yrden/axii is really tedious and breaks of the flow of gameplay. Any really situation sign is the same way. You could cut out 2/3 of those steps if you there was a button on the radial menu that just kicked you out of the menu and cast the selected sign without equipping it to your sign button.

This would let you keep whatever your heavy use combat sign is equipped (could be quen), and then when you needed to drop a yrden, pop and axii, or whatever, two buttons and you're there, back in the thick of it.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

just make l1 a toggle when you tap and a radial menu when you hold.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Any of you guys had a chance to get into NG+? How is it?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Zaggitz posted:

just make l1 a toggle when you tap and a radial menu when you hold.

...I'm not sure I understand how that would work. I don't want to pre-select a specific secondary, and I don't want to cycle through. The radial menu is a good interface element, but the fact that the process of casting one sign and then switching to another is so cumbersome is the problem. Hold L1, select from radial menue with triangle instead of X or whatever to cast without selecting. done.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Snak posted:

I was thinking, one thing that would basically fix how awkward signs are to use on console would be to make the castable from the radial menu without switching to them. Like, switching to quen, casting it, then switching back to aard/igni/yrden/axii is really tedious and breaks of the flow of gameplay. Any really situation sign is the same way. You could cut out 2/3 of those steps if you there was a button on the radial menu that just kicked you out of the menu and cast the selected sign without equipping it to your sign button.

This would let you keep whatever your heavy use combat sign is equipped (could be quen), and then when you needed to drop a yrden, pop and axii, or whatever, two buttons and you're there, back in the thick of it.

I think you can cycle through your signs while holding down block, though I've never got the hang of doing it like that.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Sigismund Dijkstra did nothing wrong

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

sebmojo posted:

I think you can cycle through your signs while holding down block, though I've never got the hang of doing it like that.

yeah that's not useful either, because then I have to cycle back to whatever sign I want handy after the situation use. Basically the only time I've held down block is when I was trying to use Witcher senses and entered combat.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Sharmat posted:

Sigismund Dijkstra did nothing wrong

He asked Geralt to abandon Vernon Roche. That's as wrong as it gets :colbert:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Roche is a whoreson.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

The Sharmat posted:

Roche is a whoreson.

You're not wrong.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Poetic Justice posted:

Any of you guys had a chance to get into NG+? How is it?

I've not been able to get it to work on XBone. When I try, it keeps telling me that my game hasn't been completed in that save. Yet when I go into the saved game, there isn't even a section for primary queats, because I beat the drat game already!

E: Okay, XBoxers, to get it to work, first download and install NG+. Then load whatever save you're planning on carrying over. Save the game, then quit out, and THEN start your new game.

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 18, 2015

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

10 Beers posted:

I've not been able to get it to work on XBone. When I try, it keeps telling me that my game hasn't been completed in that save. Yet when I go into the saved game, there isn't even a section for primary queats, because I beat the drat game already!

I read that you have to load that save, then make a new manual save then load the new savefor ng+ to work, try that maybe?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Poetic Justice posted:

I read that you have to load that save, then make a new save for ng+ to work, try that maybe?

Haha, see above! :)

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Jerusalem posted:

you learn early on in W2 not to gently caress with Vernon Roche.
:smug: Killed while attempting escape

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Djikstra is way better than that guy on his own, but it wasn't just him and that whole thing was dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rizzo Crackers
Oct 11, 2009

Like a midget at a urinal, I was gonna have to keep on my toes.
Put together one of my Alternative Launch Trailers for the game. It took bloody ages to make. Hope you folks like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moiS5zDIuPM