Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Started reading through the book this weekend. Game looks really fun, and I'm now wishing I'd started doing winter bases instead of swamp bases for all of my KoW stuff because it'd be cool to share some models.

Luckily I have two kickstarters worth of bones melting in my garage, so I should be able to field any warband I'd like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

drgnvale posted:

Started reading through the book this weekend. Game looks really fun, and I'm now wishing I'd started doing winter bases instead of swamp bases for all of my KoW stuff because it'd be cool to share some models.

Luckily I have two kickstarters worth of bones melting in my garage, so I should be able to field any warband I'd like.

There isn't any big reason to have a winterscape board. Swampgrave would be legit.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Got my first couple games in with a friend who never tabletop gamed before. Love the dynamic where instead of a one off pitched battle where you spend models willy nilly you really gotta think objective based and manage risk for campaign play. Get in, get the goods, and get out. I'm kind of thinking doing away with kill-XP is good and cool because it further changes the focus.

She had a blast, too. The ongoing campaign style makes it a nice half measure between the investment of a pick-up-and-play tabletop game and a TTRPG.

A couple weird things came up like can you really shoot while in combat? I just took it as part of the canon of mini games that Thou Shalt Not Shoot While Engaged, but when she asked I could not find chapter and verse that would keep a crossbowman from ignoring the enemy crusader swinging at his head and just tag some dude across the board. Did I just miss it?

Also, mind control is a motherfucker. I almost felt bad about making her fight her own warband. Kind of makes me want to start a native Soothsayer warband and use the Reaper NotMindflayers for the Wizards. :v:

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
The only thing anyone can do while engaged in combat is fight with their melee weapons (or their fists if it was destroyed). If they win the combat round, but don't manage to kill their opponent, they can push him back 1" and thus be out of combat. The only exception to this that I know of are some spells that specifically say they can be used in combat, like Leap. 10-gold wardogs sicced on the enemy wizards are great for this.

Mind Control is a nasty spell. There are some other ones that come to mind as well. Beauty pisses people off no end, as does Blinding Light. The most deadly spell in our games always seems to be the lowly Bone Dart.

Also..get some more terrain on there! The game recommends no LOS greater than 12", and it has that right. Stacks books and canned peaches if you have to.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
The very first houserule we adopted was "spell XP is +20 instead of +10, wizard gets +40 for a kill only if he does it personally with a weapon rather than a spell." Haven't looked back.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I'm going to pick up a nice 4 pack of ruined corners/walls from the Amera line that will really clutter things up nicely.

I had a bunch of acrylic status tokens from D&D4 that I repurposed to this. I would highly recommend something like that, because it's so easy when you have a persistent debuff like Blinding Light or Mind Control to write the target will number to shake on it in wet erase and set it next to the figure.

I ordered the soldier sprues from the only US provider and watched the tracking number like a hawk only to have the post office report "no such number" on the delivery date Saturday and realize then I'd somehow brain farted after my recent move and put the old street name with the rest of the new address. I hope I can either catch the post office before it gets returned or I guess I'll let Brigade Games know I'll pay to have it reshipped. :doh:

E:

:whatup:

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 17, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This is my new favourite warband.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

The Dregs posted:

I'm so confused. What's a slapbook? I feel like there is a joke I am not getting. I was talking about splatbooks... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splatbook

:doh:

My fault, shouldn't be posting late at night / tired.. i meant splatbook but my brain was all "nah it definitely said slapbook"

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I keep wondering if I should try running this pbp like I'm running FNG over in the LP forum.
I might well do the rolls through orukus, so I could play as well!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

If I were only going to get one or two Hirst molds for this, which ones would people recommend? The selection is a little daunting?

Also are there any good ways to do a quick and convincing coin pile from scratch?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Make a green stuff mold by poking a piece with a rod with the same diameter as you want the coins to be. Use the mold to make piles of monies.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Otisburg posted:

If I were only going to get one or two Hirst molds for this, which ones would people recommend? The selection is a little daunting?

Gothic Dungeon Builder and the Cavern Accessories mold. Gothic Dungeon Builder gets you basic blocks, door and window frames and accessories, and Cavern Accessories gets you crates, barrels, chests and other neat usable bits.

edit:

quote:

Also are there any good ways to do a quick and convincing coin pile from scratch?

A mound carved from foam or sculpted from putty or whatever, plus http://www.walmart.com/ip/Glitter-Shaker-7.5-oz/24622103

Silhouette fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 17, 2015

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Otisburg posted:

I've seen recommendations for nail art studs/circles. You can get them pretty cheaply on ebay in various colours. 1mm is a pretty big coin, but might look OK in a pile - build a base pile out of putty or scrap and cover it in coins.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

My book arrived, I'm pretty psyched for this! Got a few ideas for warband minis, will hopefully get a couple of practice games in soon.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

The Dregs posted:

I'm so confused. What's a slapbook?

AoS rules :v:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
making snow bases is fun

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Moola posted:

making snow bases is fun

Just a really pleasant avatar/post combo. Brought a smile to my face.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

I've been working on, among other things, this set of more sophisticated creature behaviors. I've played four test games so far and while there are still a lot of tweaks to make, they're getting to the point where a 1P game can actually be kind of challenging and unpredictable, which is nice. Please let me know if anything below isn't clear.

This is designed to be used in tandem with an Encounter Escalation Chart that draws increasingly dangerous creatures onto the table as the game progresses. The Escalation Chart is meant to screw with this very simple game's predictability and, more importantly, incentivize players to grab treasure and get the gently caress out of dodge. (I'll talk about the Escalation Chart more in another post--it needs some more work.)

For now, I'd appreciate any feedback anyone has.

CREATURE PHASE

ACTIVATION ORDER: In reverse Initiative order, the players take turns choosing creatures to activate.

TARGET PRIORITY DEFINITIONS
Bloody - The Bloodiest target is the enemy that is currently out the most HP (not necessarily the enemy that has the lowest HP).
Clear - The Clearest target is the enemy that benefits from the smallest cover/intervening model modifier.
Close - The Closest target is the enemy that takes the least amount of this creature's movement (in inches) to reach in combat.
Dangerous - A Dangerous target is an enemy that killed another figure this turn.
Hard - The Hardest target is the enemy that currently has the highest Armor value.
Magical - A Magical target is an enemy that is capable of casting spells.
Ranged - A Ranged target is an enemy that is capable of making shooting attacks (including spells that are resolved with Shoot rolls).
Soft - The Softest target is the enemy that currently has the lowest Armor value.
Open - An Open target is an enemy that is not in combat.
Threatening (X) - A target is threatening X when it is within 10" of X. X could be a specific character, a type of soldier or creature, an object, or a piece of terrain.)
Weak - The Weakest target is the enemy that currently has the lowest HP (not necessarily the enemy that has suffered the most damage).

Default Melee-Exclusive Priority: Close
Default Melee-Dominant Priority: Close
Default Ranged-Dominant Priority: Open, Close

ACTIVATION: MELEE-EXCLUSIVE CREATURE
1) Is the creature in combat? FIGHT.
If the creature is currently in combat with an enemy, it will use its first action to fight. If it wins the combat, it will choose to stay in combat. If it loses the combat and is pushed back, or if its opponent steps back, it will use its second action to move into combat once again. If it wins the combat and kills its opponent, run through these steps again to determine its next action.
2) Is there an enemy in 10" and in line of sight? APPROACH.
If a creature is not in combat, it will move toward an enemy that is within 10" and in line of sight. If there are multiple enemies within 10" and in line of sight, then run through the creature's Target Priorities, in order. E.g., if the creature's priorities are (1) Bloody, (2) Close, and there are three enemies within 10" and in line of sight, and two of those enemies are Bloody, then the creature will move toward the closer of those two enemies even if the non-Bloody enemy is closer still. If this brings the creature into combat, it will use its second action to fight. If this does not put the creature in combat, it will use its second action to Approach again.
3) Is neither situation applicable? PATROL
If a creature is not in combat and there are no enemies within 10" and in line of sight, the creature will make one move in a random direction. If the creature hits any obstacle that must be climbed or jumped, it will stop. If the creature is still not within 10" and in line of sight of an enemy, it is done for the turn and takes no additional action. If an enemy presents itself, it will Approach (see above).

ACTIVATION: MELEE-DOMINANT CREATURE
If the creature is currently in combat with an enemy, it will use its first action to fight. If it wins the combat, it will choose to stay in combat. If it loses the combat and is pushed back, or if its opponent steps back, it will use its second action to move into combat once again. If it wins the combat and kills its opponent, run through these steps again to determine its next action.
2) Is there an enemy in 7" and in line of sight? APPROACH.
If a melee-dominant creature is not in combat, it will move toward an enemy that is within 7" and in line of sight. If there are multiple enemies within 7" and in line of sight, then run through the creature's Target Priorities, in order. If this brings the creature into combat, it will use its second action to fight. If this does not put the creature in combat, it will use its second action to Approach again.
3) Is there an enemy 7-10" away and in line of sight? SHOOT.
If a melee-dominant creature with a shooting attack is not in combat and no enemy is within 7" and in line of sight, it will shoot at an enemy within 10" and in line of sight. If there are multiple enemies within 10" and in line of sight, then run through the creature's Target Priorities, in order. After resolving the attack, run through these steps again to determine its next action.
4) Is neither situation applicable? PATROL
If a creature is not in combat and there are no enemies within 10" and in line of sight, the creature will make one move in a random direction. If the creature hits any obstacle that must be climbed or jumped, it will stop. If the creature is still not within 10" and in line of sight of an enemy, it is done for the turn and takes no additional action. If an enemy presents itself, it will Approach (see above).

ACTIVATION: RANGED-DOMINANT CREATURE
If the creature is currently in combat with a member of either player's warband, it will use its first action to fight. If it wins the combat, it will step back 1" directly away from its opponent. If it loses the combat and is pushed back, or if its opponent steps back, it will use its second action to WITHDRAW (see below).
2) Does the creature's weapon need to be reloaded? RELOAD.
3) Is there an enemy in line of sight? SHOOT.
If a creature with a shooting attack is not in combat, it will shoot at an enemy that is in line of sight. If there are multiple enemies in line of sight, then run through the creature's Target Priorities, in order. After resolving the attack, run through these steps again to determine its next action.
4) Is there an enemy in 10" and in line of sight? WITHDRAW.
If a creature with a shooting attack is not in combat, it will move away from any enemies that are within 10" and in line of sight, withdrawing, without coming within 1" of an enemy, to a position that is as far away as possible from enemies. After resolving the movement, run through these steps again to determine its next action.
5) Are none of these situations applicable? PATROL.
If a creature with a shooting attack is not in combat and there are no enemies within 10" and/or in line of sight, the creature will make one move in a random direction. If the creature hits any obstacle that must be climbed or jumped, it will stop. If the creature is still not within 10" and/or in line of sight of an enemy, it is done for the turn and takes no additional action. If an enemy presents itself, it will Approach (see above).

ACTIVATION: TREASURE-SEEKER
2) Is there a treasure token within 10" or in line of sight? APPROACH.
If a creature is not in combat, it will move toward the closest treasure token that is within 10" or in line of sight. If this brings the creature into contact with the treasure token, it will use its second action to pick it up. If this does not put the creature in contact with the treasure token, it will use its second action to Approach again.
4) Is there an enemy in 10" and in line of sight? WITHDRAW.
If a treasure-seeking creature is not within 10" or in line of sight of a treasure token, it will move away from any enemies that are within 10" or in line of sight, withdrawing, without coming within 1" of an enemy, to a position that is as far away as possible from enemies. After resolving the movement, run through these steps again to determine its next action.
3) Are none of theses situation applicable? PATROL
If a creature is not in combat and there are no treasure tokens or creatures within 10" or in line of sight, the creature will make one move in a random direction. If the creature hits any obstacle that must be climbed or jumped, it will stop. If the creature is still not within 10" and in line of sight of an enemy, it is done for the turn and takes no additional action. If a treasure token presents itself, it will Approach; if not, and an enemy presents itself, it will Withdraw (see above).

Sample Creature Priority packages:

Harrier (Ranged-Dominant): Open, Clear, Soft, Close

Heavy (Melee-Dominant): Open, Clear, Weak, Close

Defender (Melee): Threatening (Defended), Dangerous, Close

Destroyer (Melee): Dangerous, Hard, Weak, Close

Boyle, Lord of Ash (Melee-Dominant): Dangerous, Magical, Bloody, Close
Special: Boyle does not check Line of Sight when choosing between enemies to Fight, Approach, or Shoot.

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Aug 18, 2015

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Here's the current version of my Creature Escalation Table.

X=Turn Number. At the end of every turn, roll D12. [Probably use a D20 for a 4'x4' table.] If the roll is equal to or less than X, check the roll result against the table below. The creature listed enters the table in the manner the rulebook describes. If multiple identical creatures come on, they should all be within 1" of each other, and they should activate and act as a group.

1. X Skeletons
2. Armored Skeleton
3. Ghoul
4. D20 Zombies[! You can use 2D10 or 3D6 if you want, but I think the extreme Left 4 Dead style swinginess kind of adds to Frostgrave's atmosphere here.] (1 HP each)
5. X-2 Armored Skeletons
6. X-2 Ghouls
7. Large Construct
8. Randomly determine: (A) Werewolf or (B) 2 Minor Demons
9. Randomly determine: (A) Wraith or (B) Worm or (C) Troll or (D) Character Boss*
10. Randomly determine: (A) Vampire or (B) Giant or (C) 2 Trolls (D) Character Endboss*

*Make up your own cool guy to fit your own cool figures.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Right now we're playing the following: In a game with 2+ players, when only one player has dudes left on the board, he gets one more full round to pick up treasure and get the gently caress out. In a one-player game, the game ends when the player gets all of his dudes off the table.

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 18, 2015

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC
It's not listed in the OP (maybe I missed it later in the thread), but I just discovered these nice and cheap PDFs for winter ruins terrain.

http://www.heroicmaps.com/?p=819

There's also sets for more wilderness areas as well. I think I'm going to glue these onto 12 10x10 pieces of foam core. Seems like one of the cheapest ways to get some decent, well-suited, and re-configurable terrain.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

jodai posted:

Just a really pleasant avatar/post combo. Brought a smile to my face.

:downs:

i will post pictures tomorrow !

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Somebody linked this manufacturer in the FB group, and I think I'm in love. Like the dark fantasy aesthetic, LOVE the female soldiers in practical gear (regular, normal-person breasplates, like this cool crossbowman)
http://red-box-games.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=237

If I do a "showpiece" warband this will be my botique miniman supplier for sure.

E: Yeah I really love the dirty gobbers with nasty but plausible weapons and gear who look like exactly the grotty lot who would sign on with a weirdo wizard to go into a demon-haunted waste to fight his peers for the promise of treasure.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 18, 2015

bencreateddisco
Dec 7, 2011

I BLEW $74K IN KICKSTARTER MONEY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS UGLY AVATAR

Otisburg posted:

Somebody linked this manufacturer in the FB group, and I think I'm in love. Like the dark fantasy aesthetic, LOVE the female soldiers in practical gear (regular, normal-person breasplates, like this cool crossbowman)
http://red-box-games.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=237

If I do a "showpiece" warband this will be my botique miniman supplier for sure.

these look like the witcher which looks like my ideal version of the empire i like it

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Do the player-owned bases have any role on the table? Are there "attack the fort"-type scenarios anywhere?

I'm busy working on the Corbetites and obviously their base will be an armoured train and work camp, and now I want an excuse to build one and fight around it.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

What's a good option for dogs that would match the aesthetic of the Red Box guys?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Otisburg posted:

What's a good option for dogs that would match the aesthetic of the Red Box guys?

http://www.custommademinis.com/en/shop/fantasy/F0701400/
http://www.beastsofwar.com/rama/minirama-fantasy/war-hound/ - This one might be a little over the top with the armor.
http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?PHPSESSID=b160170648387e2b4e1ef8feb8a534df&topic=63482.msg791454#msg791454 - Zombicide has a couple of Rotties that might work
http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Mordheim_%E2%80%93_Witch_Hunters - The old Mordheim War Hounds are pretty good also, but nowhere as detailed as teh Red Box stuff

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I got tired of banging my head against Warhammer repositories so I took a break today and whipped up a prototype Frostgrave battlescribe repo.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23274182/Frostgrave/index.bsi

Currently missing: All items that aren't potions, spells, levelups spent towards improving spells, temporary summoned units like Zombies and Demons (don't rightly know whether they should go on a permanent roster, will take feedback). The file also doesn't correctly measure your maximum warband size and the Inn/Kennel does not improve it properly: due to limitations in how Battlescribe works and indexes its various tiers of files, this might take a lot of work to resolve. Unless I'm being dumb and there's a really easy way to do it, in which case do tell me.

Anything else is up for comments, like if people prefer to have the gold measure be in the Vault section. And no, the Ice Toad's rules aren't technically incorrect, it just doesn't have the Animal rule as written. That might change if it's been addressed/a FAQ comes out.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I'd say summons should go on the roster if you have the spell to summon them. Mark them as summoned, not necessarily present, and people don't have to add them if they rarely cast the spell, but if it's a regular thing it would make life simpler.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Miniature market is running a really great deal on minis if you still need a wizard or a certain member of your war band. I know I'm going to snatch Croes Cutthroats to use as some of my dudes.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
I've just made five adventurers out of kitbashing the plastic soldiers box and the statuesque female bald heads. Really easy to do, and the result I think is awesome. I sell the heads and troops of course . Wasn't entirely commercial, was partly to prove some people on another forum wrong (that it wouldn't work) and to find out which of the heads I stock work best. Statuesque heroic are PERFECT. Others are a bit small. And then I actually had fun and did some painting outside of my tin box office!

http://thedicebaglady.net/frostgrave-solider-box-set-of-20-troops/

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

TheDiceBagLady posted:

I've just made five adventurers out of kitbashing the plastic soldiers box and the statuesque female bald heads. Really easy to do, and the result I think is awesome. I sell the heads and troops of course . Wasn't entirely commercial, was partly to prove some people on another forum wrong (that it wouldn't work) and to find out which of the heads I stock work best. Statuesque heroic are PERFECT. Others are a bit small. And then I actually had fun and did some painting outside of my tin box office!

These are great! So great, I just ordered some heads!

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

TheDiceBagLady posted:

Just had a "I've seen these somewhere before" moment, then remembered I'm following you on twitter :) browsing your shop at the mo, eyeballing some bits for pay day!

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

TheDiceBagLady posted:

Brilliant work on those - any tips on green stuff hair? Not something I've tried before.

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing
Does anyone have any advice for the Soldier box set's accesories? I've assembled a little army of dudes but the optional extras are being a pain in the bum.

Small and large leather packs - these are OK, can fit them on without much difficulty.
Quivers - a bit tougher but every ranged dude now has one (somewhere).
Spare helmet - Annoyingly large but can be fitted to a few guys.
Those weird leather packs with scroll things on the sides? - these fit, but I have absolutely no idea what they are.

But then the ropes - there's just nowhere to put the small ones without their curves leaving gaps behind, and the big loops of rope are totally impractical. I just want my army to be well equipped :(
Backpacks - Just doesn't fit on most of the torsos, and even the best fit still leaves some gaps round the edges.

Has anyone else bothered with these, or just left them out?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

TheDiceBagLady posted:

Those look amazing and anything that lets me put a few female soldiers on the table that don't look like stupid pinup bullshit* is catnip to me. I'll probably order some of your hair-on heads soon because I can't greenstuff sculpt for poo poo. Gave you a plug in the FB group.

E: Huh, it's actually cheaper to order a box of soldiers from you to go with the ladyheads and have it shipped here to the Colonies than to order from the lone US retailer. GTK...

*I'm down with a little cheesecake, like, for desert but this dumb hobby wants it to be the main course, the appetizer, and all the table settings.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 19, 2015

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

immortal flow posted:

Does anyone have any advice for the Soldier box set's accesories? I've assembled a little army of dudes but the optional extras are being a pain in the bum.

Small and large leather packs - these are OK, can fit them on without much difficulty.
Quivers - a bit tougher but every ranged dude now has one (somewhere).
Spare helmet - Annoyingly large but can be fitted to a few guys.
Those weird leather packs with scroll things on the sides? - these fit, but I have absolutely no idea what they are.

But then the ropes - there's just nowhere to put the small ones without their curves leaving gaps behind, and the big loops of rope are totally impractical. I just want my army to be well equipped :(
Backpacks - Just doesn't fit on most of the torsos, and even the best fit still leaves some gaps round the edges.

Has anyone else bothered with these, or just left them out?

I've been using them to make treasure tokens. I've piled them up with a few other bits from my bits box and stuck them to a base.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!

Otisburg posted:

Those look amazing and anything that lets me put a few female soldiers on the table that don't look like stupid pinup bullshit* is catnip to me. I'll probably order some of your hair-on heads soon because I can't greenstuff sculpt for poo poo. Gave you a plug in the FB group.

E: Huh, it's actually cheaper to order a box of soldiers from you to go with the ladyheads and have it shipped here to the Colonies than to order from the lone US retailer. GTK...

*I'm down with a little cheesecake, like, for desert but this dumb hobby wants it to be the main course, the appetizer, and all the table settings.

Cheers man! My shipping is pretty sweet too, I dispatch every day, I send a lot to the USA, probably around half my orders.

muskets - I mostly just blobbed on the greenstuff to where I wanted the hair to be, then "carved" the strands with a big needle. Lots of water to make sure it doesn't "burr", and with the needle as flat down as you can so it pushes down rather than drags. I pretty much just played around with it, really enjoyed it. My only other sculpting experience was jumpers for sheep and fake dragon wings (http://thedicebaglady.net/chaos-gnomes/) wher realism wasn't such an issue!

I guess look at some references, I've got a [relatively short] lifetime of drawing behind me, so I'm familiar with how hair grows etc so it wasn't too hard for me to translated drawing skills to 3D, also, being a girl, I've been subjected to more terrible hairstyle magazines and discussions than most people here, despite having either dreadlocks or a shaved head for most my adult life.

need to use this quote, amazing "I'm down with a little cheesecake, like, for desert but this dumb hobby wants it to be the main course, the appetizer, and all the table settings. "

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Crossposting because I think this stuff would be rad as hell for Frostgrave

signalnoise posted:

I bought some terrain and I have to say I highly recommend it. Here it is fresh out of the box-

http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=124&products_id=705

This poo poo owns

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Funny, I was just looking at this guy if I ever wanted to spend Too Much Money to upgrade from the vynal printed mat:
http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=125_128&products_id=712

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

TheDiceBagLady posted:

I particularly love the dual-wielding one. She just looks gnarly as gently caress.