Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

IF ONLY THERE WAS A BETTER WAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

indifomercial

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

page break hosed you there but i liked it

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

It's called Robinson's Requiem.

That game was so weird. I never got anywhere in it but it was fun for a while just trying to frantically ward off all the lethal problems. That drat death screen. With all the survival games on Steam I'm surprised someone hasn't made a more Hunger Games 1-ish version of it.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I liked Tomb Raider but it really had that thing where as soon as your sidekicks get out of your line of sight you knew they were going to gently caress up or get captured

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Tomb Raider was a lot of fun, speaking as someone who had never played old Tomb Raiders or the Uncharted series. I bought the Uncharted Series (and a ps3) after finishing TR but the bullet sponge nature of enemies really turned me off.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm kinda worried that the new Tomb Raider previews are all saying "it's so much BIGGER with more EXPLORATION than the first game!" Usually that's the codeword for boring, open-world collectathons. I loved that the TR reboot dared to be short and not waste my time.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Jordan7hm posted:

Tomb Raider was a lot of fun, speaking as someone who had never played old Tomb Raiders or the Uncharted series. I bought the Uncharted Series (and a ps3) after finishing TR but the bullet sponge nature of enemies really turned me off.

uncharted 1 was a total slog to get through but tomb raider has been fun so far. i think part of it is they don't try and force uncharted's action hero combat style on you where you want to constantly be mixing in melee and poo poo. they let you just hang out and shoot people in the face with a bow and arrow if you want to and that's nice.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
So is Plus worth it for One Way Heroics? Especially considering the base game's on sale for 74 cents but Plus is over 5 euros.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Aug 17, 2015

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Kanfy posted:

So is Plus worth it for One Way Heroics? Especially considering the base game's on sale for 74 cents but Plus is over 5 euros.

I would say get the base game and try it out for 74 cents. If you like it, get the plus update on steam.

I bought the plus update immediately, if that makes a difference

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
http://store.steampowered.com/app/364940/?snr=1_7_7_weeklongdeals_150_4

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

2 friends want this game:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Awesome! posted:

2 friends want this game:
Sever.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

Speaking as someone who has played both Uncharted and some older Tomb Raider games, I liked the 2013 Tomb Raider most out of either of those series from a gameplay perspective; it's a lot of fun. Uncharted has the better characters and story though.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

1 friend wants this game but ya know he's more of a "own every game on steam" kind of guy.

edit: I really need to check out Tomb Raider. I enjoyed uncharted 1 and 2 (1 was rough). I wanted to finish 3 but now that it's getting a remake I might as well wait for that.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

havenwaters posted:

1 friend wants this game but ya know he's more of a "own every game on steam" kind of guy.

edit: I really need to check out Tomb Raider. I enjoyed uncharted 1 and 2 (1 was rough). I wanted to finish 3 but now that it's getting a remake I might as well wait for that.

The new Tomb Raider is a pretty fun and gorgeous shooter. I didn't spend too much time collecting random stuff like the gameplay allows, however. If I had been forced into doing the collectathons, I'd've hated the game.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

havenwaters posted:

if you still have a ps3 tomb raider was a free + game last year so you might have picked it up already

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Awesome! posted:

if you still have a ps3 tomb raider was a free + game last year so you might have picked it up already

Oh I've had tomb raider on steam forever. It's more of a "sitting on the backlog and man why haven't I played it yet" sort of thing like with Dishonored, Alpha Protocol, and KOTOR 2.

...I have all four of those installed too but more important things gotta be played. Looking at you Peace Walker. I only have a couple more weeks until Phantom Pain is out.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Shadow Warrior is a good game and you should play it if it's hidden in your backlog. :black101:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

havenwaters posted:

Oh I've had tomb raider on steam forever. It's more of a "sitting on the backlog and man why haven't I played it yet" sort of thing like with Dishonored, Alpha Protocol, and KOTOR 2.

Holy loving poo poo that you own these but haven't played them yet. :psypop:

Play DIshonored first, and after you have beaten it flip a coin to play Kotor2 or AP next. Once you play them, go back to dishonored and play the DLC/expansion - Daud.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Drifter posted:

Play DIshonored first, and after you have beaten it flip a coin to play Kotor2 or AP next. Once you play them, go back to dishonored and play the DLC/expansion - Daud.
If you do play KOTOR 2 get the Restoration Mod, its a Steam Workshop mod now so its really easy to install.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Aug 18, 2015

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

All three of those games are great, but yeah play Dishonored as soon as you can. I had it for awhile before I got around to playing it and I regret not getting onto it immediately.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Accordion Man posted:

If you do -play KOTOR 2 get the Restoration Mod, its a Steam Workshop mod now so its really easy to install.

I'm always tempted to go back and replay KOTOR 2, but then I remember all the running around - even with force speed - and hours of lovely combat. I just can't go back to that. Once was good, more than that ...

:negative:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Drifter posted:

I'm always tempted to go back and replay KOTOR 2, but then I remember all the running around - even with force speed - and hours of lovely combat. I just can't go back to that. Once was good, more than that ...

:negative:
Yeah both KOTORs have terrible combat. Its one of the reasons I never left Taris in 1 and probably will never go back, because now that I've played 2 what could 1 possibly offer me that 2 didn't do much better?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Drifter posted:

Well in my defense I started KOTOR 2 a few years ago and did a bunch of dumb stuff in an attempt to make it work with widescreen and also get the cutscenes to not be 640x480 or something dumb. like hex editing dumb. Eventually I got stuck at broken swoop races and just gave up in frustration. Now that it's patched up to work right I get that buzzing noise bug from consoles that persists until you reload your save/just quit and restart the game. People finally found what was causing it and made a mod to just get rid of those sound files so I should be good to go.

Dishonored and the rest I don't really have an excuse.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
To those people who have done this kind of thing before: Is Dota2 content that some games give away with pre-orders sellable on the marketplace? I'm interested in the Moogle/Chocobo from the FFT0 pre-order, but not like £20-interested.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Pierson posted:

To those people who have done this kind of thing before: Is Dota2 content that some games give away with pre-orders sellable on the marketplace? I'm interested in the Moogle/Chocobo from the FFT0 pre-order, but not like £20-interested.

After a set time period, yes. They usually drop pretty quickly in price, though how quickly depends on what game they come from.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I imagine there will be a shitload of the stuff available but yeah was just wondering how it had worked before really. Between how many people are buying FFT0 and how many people are probably really bad at selling things and undercutting properly I can grab it for a couple of quid this time next month. :v: Thanks!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Accordion Man posted:

Yeah both KOTORs have terrible combat. Its one of the reasons I never left Taris in 1 and probably will never go back, because now that I've played 2 what could 1 possibly offer me that 2 didn't do much better?

The combat in kotor is basically 3D Star Wars Baldur's Gate. It was legit cool if you picked the right abilities

Definitely finish Peace Walker but your backlog is a list of some of the best RPGs ever made.

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 18, 2015

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Drifter posted:

Definitely go back and play the DLC for Dishonored, but it's also worth going through the main story again and playing in a different style. If you went ghost the first time through, then kill everything in sight the second time through :black101:.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I hope this isn't half-assed, because I'm interested!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Krowley posted:

Which is a good thing because melee combat in Skyrim is really painfully bad

Melee combat in almost everything is bad. Except Bushido Blade.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Wendell posted:

I hope this isn't half-assed, because I'm interested!

People should play the game but the PS2 port gets like 5fps in big maps which they almost all are after the first hour or so.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tippis posted:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance put their early melee stuff into the alpha build a couple weeks ago and it's actually fairly decent. If the rest of that game is any good it might be pretty cool.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tippis posted:

I'm sorry, you bastard, you're wrong.

Now come meet me at the middle of the map. Make sure to turn off your lightsaber and bow or everyone will know you're not honorable.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ImpAtom posted:

I'm sorry, you bastard, you're wrong.

Now come meet me at the middle of the map. Make sure to turn off your lightsaber and bow or everyone will know you're not honorable.

And then I press L2 + R2, and both of us get cut in half at the waist

Bushido Blade was good for messing around with your friends, but I dunno if I'd call it a good game.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

The White Dragon posted:

And then I press L2 + R2, and both of us get cut in half at the waist

Bushido Blade was good for messing around with your friends, but I dunno if I'd call it a good game.

I refuse to accept any notion that a game where you can slash someone over both legs so they can only roll around helplessly, and then go on to lose 5 seconds later because you manage to slice yourself open on their sword as you try to move in for a good coup de grace is bad.

:colbert:

Also, late-'90s dynamic bamboo cutting — if that doesn't qualify as good game, then I don't even know.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Bushido Blade is a neat concept that would work if merged with some other kind of gameplay beyond a pretty basic fighting game. Like if Way of the Samurai had Bushido Blade combat so you get these brutal and fast Akira Kurosawa battles in a completely non-linear narrative driven game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

al-azad posted:

People should play the game but the PS2 port gets like 5fps in big maps which they almost all are after the first hour or so.

Luckily this is the Dreamcast version. :dance:

• Locked thread