Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

black.lion posted:

Y'all gonna be mad that I'm perpetuating this conversation but... what is the purpose of female ejaculate, precisely? Besides to see how much you can catch in an empty cup?

The same purpose as any man with a vasectomy has for ejaculating; feels super good. If you're asking what evolutionary pressure there was for it, there's likely none. Not everything biological has a "purpose", that's not how natural selection works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
The mystic wand is a good alternative if you want something like the magic wand but slightly smaller, weaker, cheaper, and battery powered.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

hoobajoo posted:

The same purpose as any man with a vasectomy has for ejaculating; feels super good. If you're asking what evolutionary pressure there was for it, there's likely none. Not everything biological has a "purpose", that's not how natural selection works.

The body is deliberately creating and then expelling it. There must be some sort of driver behind it. One suggestion I've heard is that it might be something to do with flushing the urethra out when it thinks something is about to get in and infect it. Lots of good sex could maybe lead to the body thinking "uh oh better flush down there, too much friction!" or something?

At the end of the day though, who cares? If it feels good (and is safe, sane and consensual), go for it.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Masonity posted:

The body is deliberately creating and then expelling it. There must be some sort of driver behind it. One suggestion I've heard is that it might be something to do with flushing the urethra out when it thinks something is about to get in and infect it. Lots of good sex could maybe lead to the body thinking "uh oh better flush down there, too much friction!" or something?

At the end of the day though, who cares? If it feels good (and is safe, sane and consensual), go for it.

No, there can be literally no aid to survival and it can exist. It could be a holdover that once provided an advantage to our distant lizard-y ancestors, and hangs around because there was never a reason to select against it, but not every niche biological reaction is there to aid the survival of a given organism. The body doesn't have a will, evolution doesn't have a goal, it's a very messy process that has four billion years of baggage behind it.

It doesn't matter to sexy fun of course, but it's still neat to talk about.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Masonity posted:

If it comes through the urethra I think we can round it up to pee. Therefore men ejaculate piss.

No?

Nah because semen isn't stored or produced in the bladder, an organ that pretty much exists to store liquid waste(pee). If you have to specify "very very little urea" you're making allowances for a non-zero amount of urea which is not ever a concern when a dude ejaculates. Sorry if I touched a nerve though. I'm not saying its eww super gross women squirt pee eww.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

hoobajoo posted:

No, there can be literally no aid to survival and it can exist. It could be a holdover that once provided an advantage to our distant lizard-y ancestors, and hangs around because there was never a reason to select against it, but not every niche biological reaction is there to aid the survival of a given organism. The body doesn't have a will, evolution doesn't have a goal, it's a very messy process that has four billion years of baggage behind it.

It doesn't matter to sexy fun of course, but it's still neat to talk about.

So what youre saying is... lizards squirt?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

black.lion posted:

So what youre saying is... lizards squirt?

All I meant was squirting as a process could be a holdover from something that was useful to an ancestor species tens or hundreds of thousands of years ago, and persists in vestigial form. Just if you think every little thing needs a biological imperative, you can hang your hat on that.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Someone referenced a purpose and i was curious what that could be, I dont rly care or wear hats, just curious. Thanks!

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

black.lion posted:

Oh I'm familiar with the magic wand ofc, was hoping for something that didn't require an outlet - buuuuut if that's just absolutely THE most pleasing appliance to the female anatomy...

e: Is the rechargeable version of the same quality? I know I just shattered my price ceiling but I didn't realize there was a cordless Hitachi...

http://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-...=p_89%3AHitachi

There's also this thing: http://www.ohjoysextoy.com/doxy/ . Still needs to be plugged in, though.

edit: oh jesus gently caress. Don't read their latest comic unless you have a furry piss fetish. :barf:

Hydrolith fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Aug 18, 2015

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hydrolith posted:

There's also this thing: http://www.ohjoysextoy.com/doxy/ . Still needs to be plugged in, though.

edit: oh jesus gently caress. Don't read their latest comic unless you have a furry piss fetish. :barf:

what the gently caress happened to erika moen jesus Goddamn gently caress.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Travis343 posted:

And here I thought the comic on straight up furryism was weird enough.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I haven't been reading the sex toy comic. I used to like her autobio stuff though. Christ on a pita.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Travis343 posted:

It looks like a guest comic at least. But :wtc:

Digital-Smoke
Feb 14, 2013
I want to know how to choke a girl and make her pass out safely like Roxie jezel does. I know it sounds rapey but I like rough sex.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
There is no safe way to choke someone until they pass out. You are depriving the brain of oxygen, which literally causes brain damage. Get rough in some other way less likely to injure or murder your partner.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Digital-Smoke posted:

I want to know how to choke a girl and make her pass out safely like Roxie jezel does. I know it sounds rapey but I like rough sex.

Roxy Jezel is acting, dude. Find someone who's also a good actor.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Or have rough sex that doesn't involve strangulation

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Become a police officer, learn the carotid hold, arrest a "resistor" and jizz your pants.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Any choking, while unlikely, can cause cardiac arrest. Sm 101 is a kinky beginner's guide I recommend, and in it the author goes into detail about breath play (choking someone). He talked to a bunch of doctors and professional doms and there is literally no safe way to do it, barring being in a hospital with a defib handy. Mind you grabbing someone by the throat is still great, just don't choke them without written consent to possibly have a heart attack.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

So the cordless Hitachi I ordered got here and whoa it's definitely a thing. I let it vibrate against my hip bone for awhile and even that felt really nice.

I'm looking for online resources to learn shibari/kinbaku/japanese bondage rope knot tying braid art. Or whatever. I just wanna learn basic stuff for now, but I'm having a hard time finding any instructional resources that aren't $40 books. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I remember Sex Nerd Sandra did a podcast on it last year, I think. She spent most of the episode talking with a shibari teacher that lives in LA

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Hmm but is it instructional or abt the history and art and etc.? I can find tons about the history and symbolism and blah blah but very little about the actual knots/tecnhiques/etc.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
I've heard good things about the Two Knotty Boys' books but I personally have never read them. I just popped over to their site and it looks like they have videos. I know Twisted Monk has videos on his site as well. Another book, Shibari You Can Use, by Lee Harrington was pretty good.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

I was hoping to keep my cost around $0 seeing as how I just bought the Ferrari of vibrators and if I max my credit card buying kinky sex stuff i'm almost certainly going to be on a list somewhere.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

black.lion posted:

So the cordless Hitachi I ordered got here and whoa it's definitely a thing. I let it vibrate against my hip bone for awhile and even that felt really nice.

I bought my wife a magic wand for christmas a few years ago and it gets far more use as an actual deep tissue massager than a sex toy.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

black.lion posted:

I was hoping to keep my cost around $0 seeing as how I just bought the Ferrari of vibrators and if I max my credit card buying kinky sex stuff i'm almost certainly going to be on a list somewhere.

Twisted Monk has free tutorial videos. Heads up though, good rope is probably one of the most expensive sex toys you will buy this side of furniture. Cuffs and chains are easier and cheaper if it's just the restraint aspect you're interested in.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Hrmm I bought two of these after reading enough to learn that you wanted natural fibers so they'll lock together in relatively simple knots instead of sliding and loosening like slippery synthetic silk stuff. Are those not good? I didn't think $10 a pop was too bad.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

black.lion posted:

Hrmm I bought two of these after reading enough to learn that you wanted natural fibers so they'll lock together in relatively simple knots instead of sliding and loosening like slippery synthetic silk stuff. Are those not good? I didn't think $10 a pop was too bad.

No, that looks fine as long as it's comfortable, and is cheaper than I remember. You may need to treat it if it's too rough, though. Which isn't expensive, it's just a pain in the rear end.

Make sure to get shears for emergencies, if you haven't already.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Seconding the medical shears, they are as important as having the rope itself. If you are in a larger city look on fetlife for any munches, they are completely casual meet ups, usually in bars, and there's a high likelihood some of those people are into rope. Portland is extremely kinky, and there are rope classes here at least once a month.

The rope you got looks fine, and if all you're doing is tying someone up on the floor then you don't need to worry about too much. Mostly don't tie on joints as they are fragile, and the upper arm has a bunch of nerves that can be hit. If you feel weird sensations in your hand that are either your thumb and pointer, or little and ring finger, that's the way to tell a nerve is being hurt by rope on the upper arm. Just untie and it should be alright. Also body parts going numb is really dangerous with rope, because then you won't feel nerve damage occurring. If anything goes numb, readjust or untie so feeling returns.

Hoobajoo I dropped $140 on rope for 5 25 ft lengths and 2 10 ft lengths of pretty colored hemp rope. It's still pretty expensive buying from vendors, and I'm tempted to pick up some of what black.lion got to compare. Vendors like boss bondage are good, I bought from them at kinkfest, but they are not cheap.

Brutor Fartknocker fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 20, 2015

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

Hoobajoo I dropped $140 on rope for 5 25 ft lengths and 2 10 ft lengths of pretty colored hemp rope. It's still pretty expensive buying from vendors, and I'm tempted to pick up some of what black.lion got to compare. Vendors like boss bondage are good, I bought from them at kinkfest, but they are not cheap.

Let me know if you do, I'm interested in how much that artisinal rope gets you in terms of quality for that extra money.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Yeah I'm in God's Own American South so not exactly surrounded by kink-friendly culture, I'm sure I could find a class somewhere but I'm not trying to go rocketing into japanese bondage at full speed quite yet, and also :tenbux: is a thing. My plan for now is just to learn how to bind arms/wrists comfortably, that's what got me into researching this stuff, is I want to be able to tie my partner's hands together firmly in a way that is very comfortable and not distracting to her, but that twisting and sliding around isn't going to make the knots come undone to the extent that she has to "pretend" to be bound (this is what has happened to me in the past, sorta defeats the point when you have to stop halfway through to re-tie or loosen a knot) - after actually sex happens and we're just hanging out being bored I may try to practice a body harness on her, but I'm not trying to be overly ambitious for my first rodeo.

Do I really need medical sheers?? I mean, I have scissors... big scissors... and like I said I'm not trying up her throat or anything, and I'll certainly get some as I try more complicated and possibly risky stuff...

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

black.lion posted:

Yeah I'm in God's Own American South so not exactly surrounded by kink-friendly culture, I'm sure I could find a class somewhere but I'm not trying to go rocketing into japanese bondage at full speed quite yet, and also :tenbux: is a thing. My plan for now is just to learn how to bind arms/wrists comfortably, that's what got me into researching this stuff, is I want to be able to tie my partner's hands together firmly in a way that is very comfortable and not distracting to her, but that twisting and sliding around isn't going to make the knots come undone to the extent that she has to "pretend" to be bound (this is what has happened to me in the past, sorta defeats the point when you have to stop halfway through to re-tie or loosen a knot) - after actually sex happens and we're just hanging out being bored I may try to practice a body harness on her, but I'm not trying to be overly ambitious for my first rodeo.

Do I really need medical sheers?? I mean, I have scissors... big scissors... and like I said I'm not trying up her throat or anything, and I'll certainly get some as I try more complicated and possibly risky stuff...

The rope is fine for that, just keep in mind a pricier rope will probably be more comfortable, if she finds that one too scratchy. It's also on the thick side for bondage rope.

All rope play has the potential to cut off blood flow, which can cause nerve damage. Shears are cheap, and if your lady friend says her hand is going numb and you can't immediately untie the knot, you'll be glad you have them. Normal scissors cannot handle rope well; just get the shears.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Ooooookaaaaay - where does one buy medical sheers? Brick and mortar preferably, I'm on a tight schedule. Would a CVS analog have them?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

black.lion posted:

Ooooookaaaaay - where does one buy medical sheers? Brick and mortar preferably, I'm on a tight schedule. Would a CVS analog have them?

Looks like Walmart sells them in the first aid isle. The ones you want will be the bigger ones, and will be listed as "EMT Shears" or something like that.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Really, while being careful and taking it slow you probably won't need the shears. It's the random, taking it slow and careful time that goes a little wrong, someone feels real nerve damage, you try to take it off and the knot you've tied a bunch of times fine gets stuck, you're nervous since something went wrong, it doesn't come off quickly enough. Loss of hand function. A couple bucks is worth nerve function.

I'm sorry to sound doom and gloomy, rope is awesome. I've been put up in a simple suspension using a crotch and chest harness, and it was an incredibly blissful and spiritual experience. I've also tied up, beaten and hosed people, which is great. Safety in play though is just as important as consent, you don't want to permanently damage the person who trusts you enough to want you to do such things to them.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Heard, I will get the shears - I have to go out and get a sleep mask to serve as a blindfold anyway so it's no problem. In truth though, Mr. or Ms. Fart Knocker, I'm having trouble reconciling your first and second sentences. But in any case I will make sure I have the large sharp cutting utensils around while I'm doing sex.

Is there a better idea for cheap blindfold than a sleep mask that I'm not thinking of? Something that she can't peek out from under. While I'm here in the realm of sexcessories I may as well ask.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I think the point is that even when you're playing it safe accidents can happen that are rather minor, but the stress can cause it to spiral out of control. And for what it's worth, medical shears are a little different from normal scissors, they're made to quickly get between the skin and whatever you're cutting (clothes, seatbelt, rope) without damaging the skin. They're also probably going to be stronger than a pair of scissors so more easily able to cut through the rope quickly with a single squeeze.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Masonity posted:

Technically, if having sex makes you more likely to reproduce, and the response increases the enjoyment of sex, then that itself can be selected for.

Same reason sex is fun at all, basically, it doesn't need to be fun, it works even if it's not fun, but it being fun makes us do it more, so it being fun is evolutionarily advantageous, even if not mechanically necessary or efficient.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

black.lion posted:

Heard, I will get the shears - I have to go out and get a sleep mask to serve as a blindfold anyway so it's no problem. In truth though, Mr. or Ms. Fart Knocker, I'm having trouble reconciling your first and second sentences. But in any case I will make sure I have the large sharp cutting utensils around while I'm doing sex.

Is there a better idea for cheap blindfold than a sleep mask that I'm not thinking of? Something that she can't peek out from under. While I'm here in the realm of sexcessories I may as well ask.

I think all Brutor means is rope is great, but there is a small chance of something going wrong, and it's just irresponsible to not be prepared for that 0.1% chance.

Sleep mask is a fine blindfold. In the same vein of sensory deprivation, the over ear protection for gun firing works great for shutting out sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Exactly what Fishmanpet and hoobajoo said. My rope teacher has done rope stuff a ton for the last 10 years, and has only used shears twice. It's all about those two times though. The old saying of rather have and not need than need and not have: condoms, guns, etc.