Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

kayakyakr posted:

Some new shots of Tech's stadium. Just replaced every seat in the stadium. Also resealed the concrete while they were at it. Except that they didn't reseal the new sections, which means that the concrete that used to look out of place because it was too new now looks out of place because it looks too old.

When are they going to replace the fans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

vyst posted:

He's probably going to fail his classes because he was tutored by a FSU grad

I spent every lesson talking about moonshine, bow-hunting, and Jameis

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Frackie Robinson posted:

When are they going to replace the fans?

oh hey, it's an aggie!

Hey everyone, we've got an aggie in here!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if you're a big ten fan and ryan field is too small for your dumb maximalist college football sensibilities here's my advice: stay home and let me watch the game in peace with 30 other northwestern fans and our tarp

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The best high school stadium in Texas is Mustang Field in Marathon

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
Exactly three weeks from this moment Virginia Tech will be clinging to a 1 possession lead sometime in the third quarter.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Used to play in this p big stadium in Austin. They use it for all sorts of stuff now.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

R.D. Mangles posted:

if you're a big ten fan and ryan field is too small for your dumb maximalist college football sensibilities here's my advice: stay home and let me watch the game in peace with 30 other northwestern fans and our tarp

Nah, it was pretty fun to watch Nebraska mount a fourth quarter comeback in 2012 while us fans simultaneously realized how much noise we could create by stomping up and down on the bleachers, which forced Siemian and the Northwestern O to go silent count.

:glomp:

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Frackie Robinson posted:

The best high school stadium in Texas is Mustang Field in Marathon

Mara-thin is literally the best town in Texas.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Real Name Grover posted:

Nah, it was pretty fun to watch Nebraska mount a fourth quarter comeback in 2012 while us fans simultaneously realized how much noise we could create by stomping up and down on the bleachers, which forced Siemian and the Northwestern O to go silent count.

:glomp:

no one wants you there, go home, that structure is not sound enough for even a dozen nebraska fans stomping

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

pugnax posted:

Mara-thin is literally the best town in Texas.

Big Bend/Alpine/Marfa/Balmorhea area loving owns.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

kayakyakr posted:

oh hey, it's an aggie!

Hey everyone, we've got an aggie in here!

Its weird I always get along just fine with my Aggie co-workers and acquaintances.

I suggest we all get into our F-150's (Paid for by BAYLOR ATHLETICS) and scream obscenities at random children wearing orange till they cry.

Frackie Robinson posted:

Big Bend/Alpine/Marfa/Balmorhea area loving owns.

Its nice when its not hot that's for sure.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

R.D. Mangles posted:

If it makes you feel any better, Ryan Field is the biggest midget stadium, and would be considered huge in most G5 conferences.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

vyst posted:

He's probably going to fail his classes because he was tutored by a FSU grad

We need to keep our enrollment numbers up too, vyst.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Thoguh posted:

Checks out.

Is that hey reb on the bottom left :laffo:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dattserberg posted:

We need to keep our enrollment numbers up too, vyst.

We started off with linear functions and slopes.

In a short, intensive three weeks, I'm proud to say he's now illiterate :smug:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

buddhanc posted:

Used to play in this p big stadium in Austin. They use it for all sorts of stuff now.

Oh hey, the Reeves. Used to work right next to that monstrosity. Looks a lot bigger than it really is, I think because you expect it to be dug down further.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Thoguh posted:

If it makes you feel any better, Ryan Field is the biggest midget stadium, and would be considered huge in most G5 conferences.

I actually want Ryan Field to have a capacity of 5-10,000 for season ticket-holders only and anyone wearing opposing gear is welcome to use the visitors' entrance but surprise the visitors' entrance is the lake.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

kayakyakr posted:

Oh hey, the Reeves. Used to work right next to that monstrosity. Looks a lot bigger than it really is, I think because you expect it to be dug down further.

Yeah, I don't know the exact capacity numbers either. Maybe between 8-10 thousand or so for a really big playoff game or rivalry game. We always used to bring big rear end crowds for all the home games. You were working down the road on Parmer or what?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

buddhanc posted:

Yeah, I don't know the exact capacity numbers either. Maybe between 8-10 thousand or so for a really big playoff game or rivalry game. We always used to bring big rear end crowds for all the home games. You were working down the road on Parmer or what?

yeah, half mile back toward 620.

I think it's listed at just over 10k.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Komet posted:

If UMass is going independent next year, is it safe to assume they'll go back to FCS soon? There's no point in being independent in today environment, unless you are Notre Dame and can work out some special bullshit.

Smart money is them ending up in the Fun Belt, which means that UMass vs. Idaho/New Mexico State would be conference games. Have fun selling your allotment of road tickets for that one! (Kibbie Dome games excluded)

R.D. Mangles posted:

no one wants you there, go home, that structure is not sound enough for even a dozen nebraska fans stomping

Most structures on this earth aren't sound enough for a dozen nebraska fans stomping imo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Komet posted:

If UMass is going independent next year, is it safe to assume they'll go back to FCS soon? There's no point in being independent in today environment, unless you are Notre Dame and can work out some special bullshit.

I'd imagine they'd make a bid for CUSA.

E: Yeah, or Sun Belt

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'd throw down cash to watch Georgia Southern put up 90 points on UMass

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I'll play a little devil's advocate here and say UMass actually has had marked improvement from when they first came out of FCS, and they're picked to at least make some noise in the MAC East this year, although that's partly also because Kent, Miami and Buffalo are all a mess. They can finally at least score points and get in some track meets but they still can't stop anyone to save their lives. They could easily wind up finishing 2nd or 3rd in the MAC East. Their last 3 opponents are Eastern, Miami and Buffalo. They could easily go 6-2 in conference.

E: It also appears they're splitting home games this year between Gillette and their on-campus stadium.

E2: And they actually begin their schedule with a bye week :psyduck:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Guys, I'm going to miss the Bama/Wisconsin game because I'm taking my wife to her first WVU game. I'm sorry everyone. I let you all down.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Dabo took the team out for a "lake day." No wonder we've had injuries over the summer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZCNxmiYGbc

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
A Lake Day with no beer or women...

:ughh:

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
16 days until football

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n1KPQmdddY

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Arizona took a day off from their camp and did yoga.

Tucson as gently caress.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Yoga owns

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

A Man and his dog posted:

A Lake Day with no beer or women...

:ughh:

Like a Good Christian Man™ :911:.

vyst posted:

Yoga owns

Yup.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

Like a Good Christian Man™ :911:.

Totally taking the boat out again this weekend bro.

vyst posted:

Yoga owns

Thisssss.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Emron posted:

Guys, I'm going to miss the Bama/Wisconsin game because I'm taking my wife to her first WVU game. I'm sorry everyone. I let you all down.

This almost forgives you for being an Alabama fan.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Emron posted:

Shame!!!

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

vyst posted:

Yoga owns

It also disproves the notion that the fairer sex doesn't fart. Yuck!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Emron posted:

gonna feel bad for you if Bama somehow produces a quarterback and WVU lose to Georgia Southern

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Oh, Tech...

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Raku posted:

gonna feel bad for you if Bama somehow produces a quarterback and WVU lose to Georgia Southern

I'll feel bad for myself, don't worry.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

That rate is like, twice the national average for STEM degrees. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
If any of my engineering classes had been 41% female I would have jumped for joy. I don't think even fake engineering disciplines like Industrial Engineering had anywhere near that a decade ago when I graduated.

• Locked thread