Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Now I will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Happy Home Designer's miiverse sure is a thrill

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Nintendo just released Rosalina x Luma gear for Style Savvy 3 (you will never play Style Savvy 3):

i never want to loving fight style savvy ever again

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
EU dudes, here's another look at the DBZ New 3DS bundle:

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I wonder when we're getting a N3DS bundle in the US. If I can't rip off a big retailer for one at half off I can at least do some Rick & Morty poo poo. :v

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
Anyone have experience with the New 3ds and grip addons? I got Walmart to price match Kmart on the New 3ds deal and find the 3ds hurts my hands after extended play times.

My friend tried, this grip, and says it makes the button mushy and weird to hit. He's gonna let me try it out, but what do people prefer here?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That's pretty much the only one they make for it. I have it and it's fine.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Rubicon posted:

Anyone have experience with the New 3ds and grip addons? I got Walmart to price match Kmart on the New 3ds deal and find the 3ds hurts my hands after extended play times.

My friend tried, this grip, and says it makes the button mushy and weird to hit. He's gonna let me try it out, but what do people prefer here?

I have this hard one and it's ok. Sometimes it feels more comfortable, sometimes it doesn't. The kickstand is useless. But I like those "comfort grips" less.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Rubicon posted:

It isn't exactly a grip, but the Nerf one seems sturdy and not uncomfortable. My kid has one and really likes it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm enough of a DBZ nerd that I'd probably buy that game even though it looks kinda lame.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It's like a half assed attempt at Super Butoden from the SNES. All the sounds sound like they were recorded through a tin can and wire and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'm gonna believe someone messed up pretty badly because this is the most ridiculous demo usage ever seen on the 3DS. 1! :psyduck:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Saoshyant posted:

I'm gonna believe someone messed up pretty badly because this is the most ridiculous demo usage ever seen on the 3DS. 1! :psyduck:

Trap sprung.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
So, just never quit the demo.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
So i jumped on SMT4 and played it for a while today. drat, LCD displays in the 15th century is some hella technological advance.

That said, it took me just shy of an hour of running back to heal or reloading just to convince this one Napaea to join my group which was, let's say, slightly aggravating. Is the negotiation system as completely random as it looks?

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

HenryEx posted:

So i jumped on SMT4 and played it for a while today. drat, LCD displays in the 15th century is some hella technological advance.

That said, it took me just shy of an hour of running back to heal or reloading just to convince this one Napaea to join my group which was, let's say, slightly aggravating. Is the negotiation system as completely random as it looks?

It seemed that way to me, so I'd always negotiate from a position of strength.

I.e. I'd blow up all the other demons except for the one I wanted to sweet-talk.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Is there a way to transfer bought games from one 3ds to another without wiping what is on the 3ds already? Like a merge or something? Never done this before

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

African AIDS cum posted:

Is there a way to transfer bought games from one 3ds to another without wiping what is on the 3ds already? Like a merge or something? Never done this before

If there isn't an account linked on the target system it will merge whatever pre-installed game(s) are there with your account. If there is, I think it will refuse to system transfer until you delete everything in the target system.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

HenryEx posted:

Each dialogue option actually has its own set of random possibilities, with some options having the potential to have different effects (randomly healing, instant joining).

Buuuuuuuuuuuut yeah it's basically random.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

African AIDS cum posted:

If the 3ds you're transferring to is a new one with a digital game already installed from a bundle or something that game will survive. Not so sure about transferring games from one used 3ds to another used 3ds that had someone else's account on it.

e: beaten by someone who knows more than me.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Color Printer posted:

Each dialogue option actually has its own set of random possibilities, with some options having the potential to have different effects (randomly healing, instant joining).

Buuuuuuuuuuuut yeah it's basically random.

I used to hear that dragging it out a bit and then picking "end negotiations" works well, but yeah, it's a little random.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Saoshyant posted:

If there isn't an account linked on the target system it will merge whatever pre-installed game(s) are there with your account. If there is, I think it will refuse to system transfer until you delete everything in the target system.

That is lame

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

HenryEx posted:

Make sure you have killed all other enemies. You have one freebie Refuse basically every negotiation, use it. Cheat when you can. Don't give them something if you don't want to. The moment End Talks shows up, use it.

As for multiple choice questions,

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

HenryEx posted:

You can safely cheat once in just about every negotiation. The most important thing is to not let them take advantage of you by giving in to all their demands. I found success with doing two things to please them (usually cheating was one of those things) and then forcibly ending negotiations when the option arose.

It is still somewhat random, so kill the demons you don't want first to prevent failed negotiations leading to party wipes. You don't have phases of the moon to worry about in SMT IV so...that's something, I guess.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

HenryEx posted:

Basically the only thing to know is to end negotiations after you've done a few things. That gives you reasonable chances of recruiting things. If you keep doing things most of the time you'll just fail.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
So much bad grip advice.

Rubicon posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Rubbercoated-Grip-Black-cybergadget-Japan-Import/dp/B00OTEN5V4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_63_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1SD0W4VFC6FZ59W6REVH

That one is fantastic, just make sure it says "New 3DS LL" on it somewhere to make sure you are getting the right one if Amazon sells out and you have to get one from ebay instead.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 18, 2015

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

katkillad2 posted:

So much bad grip advice.

http://www.amazon.com/Rubbercoated-Grip-Black-cybergadget-Japan-Import/dp/B00OTEN5V4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_63_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1SD0W4VFC6FZ59W6REVH

That one is fantastic, just make sure it says "New 3DS LL" on it somewhere to make sure you are getting the right one if Amazon sells out and you have to get one from ebay instead.

This is correct. Great grip.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

HenryEx posted:

drat, LCD displays in the 15th century is some hella technological advance.

oh, i think you're gonna like this game if you're already thinking like that.

as for negotiating, everything has random odds but certain patterns seem to work more consistently than others. i havent played it in awhile but i think my favorite was cheat -> refuse -> end negotiation. you give them nothing and they often join.

it also depends on the demon itself. some like to be treated like gods and others like when you call them dirty little weirdos and say you would kill them if given the chance.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
While we're on the grip topic, is there a good one for the XL?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

HenryEx posted:

A lot of people have given their advice about this, but allow me to give you a more specific example. This isn't guaranteed to work 100% of the time, but it works very frequently:

The first time they ask for something, cheat. Cheat is most guaranteed to work if done right out of the gate. The second time they ask for something, refuse. The third time they ask for something, end negotiations. This is usually enough to satisfy them. They may ask some multiple choice questions before or afterwards. These are basically random. Don't feel bad about goofing them up.

Sometimes they might open up with a sort of "let's just get this over with" offer and ask for a big sum upfront in exchange for skipping negotiations entirely. Might be worth considering depending on how much money you have.

As a general note, it's typically a good idea to murder every other demon you don't plan on recruiting before attempting to talk to them. Minimizes the risk of things going real bad if the talks don't work out. This can change as you get new skills through Burroughs, but for the time being don't worry about it.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

triplexpac posted:

While we're on the grip topic, is there a good one for the XL?

That Cyber one for the LL is for the XL.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Fix posted:

That Cyber one for the LL is for the XL.

They might have meant the non-"new" XL... I confused myself like 3 times just posting that first link though so who knows.

If that's what they meant, before I had the New 3DS XL and just had the 3DS XL I was using the Circle Pad Pro XL/LL and found that to be very comfortable.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Demo for Miku's new game is on the fuckin' eshop so make fuckin' sure you all download it

peace

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Volt Catfish posted:

Demo for Miku's new game is on the fuckin' eshop so make fuckin' sure you all download it

peace

Ballin, been waiting for it. Anyway Nintendo Life just put up their review of Little Battler's eXperience, http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/lbx_little_battlers_experience. I may still get it despite the lukewarm review, because hey a portable game of robots beating the poo poo out of each other.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Volt Catfish posted:

peace

nah

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Volt Catfish posted:

peace

Does it still only come with 1 use

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

My rule of thumb when negotiating with demons in SMT IV is to give them what they want (or cheat) twice, then end the negotiations. Works most of the time.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Why does nintendo mandate a demo usage thing anyways. There's no reason for it at all.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

probably scared of making a demo people want to play forever like that battlefield 1942 demo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
They don't mandate, there's demos without a usage limit. They offer it as an option, and most use it.