Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Jaguars! posted:

Election of the top scoring Y13 NCEA student each year whether they want to be there or not.

In all seriousness forcing people to be leaders whether they want it or not has a great track record. Vide Marcus Aurelius et al.

Divine Right of Kings works great with a Louis 14 or Elisabeth I but not so good for a Charles I or James II. Democracy evens out the performance of government and provides a good outlet for the opinion of the people, not to mention you can throw the bastards out in a few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

One time I came across this weirdo niche forum for reactionaries, and they had this really cool feature where under everyone's avatar there was a little box saying what your ideology was. there was one guy who was a Bonapartist

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

would you meet with the Pike River families if this was the alternative? :3:

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

WarpedNaba posted:

Just what we need. Another kiwi media producer that doesn't have the creativity to come up with anything decent himself, resorts to plagiarism and remakes and he still fucks it up.

But enough about Peter Jackson

gently caress you talking about the man who made Braindead that way

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

swampland posted:

You spelt Meet the Feebles wrong

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Exclamation Marx posted:

would you meet with the Pike River families if this was the alternative? :3:

"Think I can get away with pulling its tail?"

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

swampland posted:

I didn't like that movie, bite me t:mad:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Good dead eyed stare on that dog, I imagine a lot of people around Key get that same look whenever he tries to interact with them.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

WarpedNaba posted:

I didn't like that movie, bite me t:mad:

Its the greatest nz film of all time, drat show some respect

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Meet the Feebles is awful in that way where it can't be genuinely enjoyed unless you like awful for awful's sake.

Bad Taste is a better awful movie.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Agreed Braindead is where he perfected it, it was THE movie (I probably shouldn't have been allowed to watch) of my childhood

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

swampland posted:

Its the greatest nz film of all time, drat show some respect

I'm an immigrant and even I know this..

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Slavvy posted:

I'm an immigrant and even I know this..

Stop buying houses you son of a bitch

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Good dead eyed stare on that dog, I imagine a lot of people around Key get that same look whenever he tries to interact with them.

It's a known side effect from being within the effective radius of a literal animate nightmare.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

:patriot:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Is this the new northland flag?

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Poor heating technique; voted 1.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

no ring, voted 1.5

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't know Worm, Mice, Guinea Pig, Alpaca farmers were so hardcore.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Gower misrepresenting the legislation hard there. It gives workers the option to elect a H&S rep, it doesn't mandate it. This stable center-right John Key led government is gonna let a bunch more farm workers get killed :thumbsup:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

At the end of the day middle New Zealand families something something rugby.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Not enough head wobble.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

From Duncan Garner it is a selection of the email domains in the Ashley Martin leak today.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Varkk posted:

From Duncan Garner it is a selection of the email domains in the Ashley Martin leak today.

Hand me my popcorn, coz this is gonna be good.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Once you realise the website required no verification for email addresses this becomes much less interesting :<

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
only one @parliament.govt.nz address :(

but seriously it's kind of hosed up to expose people doing something legal if unethical, just because they work for the government.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Jacobin posted:

Once you realise the website required no verification for email addresses this becomes much less interesting :<

You think people who work in offices wouldn't be dumb enough to use their real email addresses.

From my experience you'd be lucky if half the in an office environment, especially government ones, understand what a computer even is.

Exclamation Marx posted:

only one @parliament.govt.nz address :(

but seriously it's kind of hosed up to expose people doing something legal if unethical, just because they work for the government.

If you're dumb enough to use your real email address on a website that organises affairs, you probably deserve everything that happens.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
people don't lose their privacy rights because they're stupid cheating idiots

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRHoUeZzF60

dang i'd never seen this, it's perfect

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
what is it with the NZ right-wing and stealing Eminem as background music

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Lancelot posted:

people don't lose their privacy rights because they're stupid cheating idiots

Government email adresses aren't for private correspondence unrelated to the job.

There's like, rules about that. Pretty specific ones, actually.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Government email adresses aren't for private correspondence unrelated to the job.

There's like, rules about that. Pretty specific ones, actually.
Sure, but breaking those rules doesn't entitle the government agency in question to plaster my affairs (heh) all over the internet. Privacy obligations persist even where one party has breached their ethical and legal obligations.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Lancelot posted:

Sure, but breaking those rules doesn't entitle the government agency in question to plaster my affairs (heh) all over the internet. Privacy obligations persist even where one party has breached their ethical and legal obligations.

Doesn't seem to stop certain government officials plastering people's names everywhere for no other reason then they dislike them personally.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Spokesman for the State Services Commission: "At the very least this is a breach of the State Sector Code of Conduct."

Employment lawyer who is friends with a journalist we employ who either hasn't read the SSCC or is even aware the government isn't a company, or has been suckered into being the opposing side by being quoted on misleading questions: 'A breach of contract may occur if there's a blanket ban on personal use of work devices - but most companies don't do that'

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Lancelot posted:

What government agency is doing this???

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

What government agency is doing this???

none, because presumably they're well-advised about privacy rights by lawyers who don't subscribe to the "cheaters don't get rights" school of thought

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

It would own if some of the nothing to hide, nothing to fear digital spying brigade get ruined by this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

i opened this and physically recoiled from the screen while closing it

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

what is it with the NZ right-wing and stealing Eminem as background music

he's a white rapper, so they can pretend they're down with the kids who like rap while also not having anything to do with black people

• Locked thread