Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Don't think anyone has disagreed on that point. Like he outright says that in the cutscene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
This whole discussion has just made me sad that the Crusaders Kings II witcher mod isn't very good. And has weird off-putting poo poo added to it like a "rape prisoners'" button.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Rizzo Crackers posted:

Put together one of my Alternative Launch Trailers for the game. It took bloody ages to make. Hope you folks like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moiS5zDIuPM

This is really good.

edit: I also watched your The Last of Us Alternative Launch trailer, and it's amazing as well. For what it's worth, I think you're a real artist. These trailers grabbed me as much as any really good professional film trailer. I would love to ask you about your process, but this isn't really the place. Do you have an FAQ or bio somewhere where you talk about it?

Snak fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 18, 2015

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Oh poo poo, NG+ is out. Goodbye another 100 hours.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Gonkish posted:

Oh poo poo, NG+ is out. Goodbye another 100 hours.

Is it out on PS4 yet? I looked a few hours ago and didn't see any new DLC. is it a patch?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Rizzo Crackers posted:

Put together one of my Alternative Launch Trailers for the game. It took bloody ages to make. Hope you folks like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moiS5zDIuPM

Looks loaded with spoilers, could've slapped a warning on there.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Snak posted:

Is it out on PS4 yet? I looked a few hours ago and didn't see any new DLC. is it a patch?

It's not supposed to be up until "tomorrow" on PS4....

So 10 minutes or several hours.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I tried to start a NG+ game, but it told me that my previous saves were not from after I completed the game, even though they are.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

pik_d posted:

I tried to start a NG+ game, but it told me that my previous saves were not from after I completed the game, even though they are.

From what I read earlier in the thread - install the DLC, load your game, save it, then try to start NG+ again.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

pik_d posted:

Load the save where you've beaten the game, make a new save, then reload the new save.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I can't for the life of me figure out to throw bombs or use the crossbow while keeping my sword out. Whenever I hit the button to use one of those things Geralt puts away his sword and THEN uses it. Makes it a bitch to fight flying things when you down them with a bolt but by the time you pull out your loving sword again they are back on their feet and maybe even up in the air again. Please tell me there is a way to quick way to throw bombs/shoot the crossbow in the middle of combat like the Witcher 2.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I started to do the enhanced ursine armor diagram quest, but the diagrams I got were of the superior version. Where can I find the enhanced ones now?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I started to do the enhanced ursine armor diagram quest, but the diagrams I got were of the superior version. Where can I find the enhanced ones now?

I seem to remember one set of armor where they were both in the same area... I know that doesn't help much but are you sure you looted everything?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I see what my problem is now. I had both superior and enhanced the whole time, but they aren't listed next to each other in the crafting screen so when I didn't see one I thought I didn't have it.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Jerusalem posted:

From what I read earlier in the thread - install the DLC, load your game, save it, then try to start NG+ again.

Poetic Justice posted:

Load the save where you've beaten the game, make a new save, then reload the new save.

Weird, I loaded a game, hit F5, then tried to use that quick save which didn't work. I then loaded that quicksave and manually saved, which did work.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I see what my problem is now. I had both superior and enhanced the whole time, but they aren't listed next to each other in the crafting screen so when I didn't see one I thought I didn't have it.

Terrible menus strike again. Everything in crafting menus is listed in alphabetical order. This does not organize things relationally at all. I would have rather things not be sorted at all and had the the tiers grouped together, or the sets grouped together.

Also what kind of crafting systems tells you how many of each ingredient are in your inventory, but not how many of the finished product?

Edit: ^ It's not weird at all that quicksave didn't work. The quick-save system is practically separate from manual save system.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
So is New Game + a horribly glitchy mess?

Please tell me it is so I don't feel so bad about being in the middle of a regular re-play now and convince myself to start over to use the New Game + feature.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Poolparty posted:

Looks like Tomira the white orchard alchemist has been cut from NG+ I'm guessing because making swallow would take away the superior swallow.

Hopefully more important things haven't been removed.

This isn't true. I did her quest and just gave her a Superior Swallow and it worked just fine.

Though buckthorn appears to be the only herb that carries over in NG+, so (assuming you have one) as soon as you get to her part of the griffin contract, they just skip the "go to Tomira" part because you already have the buckthorn you need.

CVagts fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Aug 18, 2015

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

Weird, for the White Orchard section her hut was locked the whole time. I just went back to it from Velen and it's business as usual.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Merchant opening times can be a bit wonky. I think half of Velen's shops were marked on my map but completely inaccessible regardless of what time I went to it until after I'd done a couple of plot missions.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Does NG+ mean that I can start the game wearing my mastercrafted witcher gear, but those early game swords and gambesons you find in White Orchard are actually better?

Silentgoldfish
Nov 5, 2008
Without any graphical differences is there any real difference between a NG+ and a regular replay, aside from the numbers all being higher?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I spent over an hour trying to find nekkers so I could get nekker hearts to make a potion and killed about 30 nekkers without finding a single nekker heart and wow gently caress this game sometimes.

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Snak posted:

Terrible menus strike again. Everything in crafting menus is listed in alphabetical order. This does not organize things relationally at all. I would have rather things not be sorted at all and had the the tiers grouped together, or the sets grouped together.

Also what kind of crafting systems tells you how many of each ingredient are in your inventory, but not how many of the finished product?

Edit: ^ It's not weird at all that quicksave didn't work. The quick-save system is practically separate from manual save system.

How moddable are those menus? They are my single greatest gripe about the game, the journal especially. Would it have been so hard to indicate the current distance to objective there, or at least a "show on map" button? No, I have to open up the "Secondary Quests" list, find the quest there, track it, switch to map screen, find where the hell is the objective icon, and decide if its worth to go there. And if not, do the same thing again with another quest.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Does NG+ mean that I can start the game wearing my mastercrafted witcher gear, but those early game swords and gambesons you find in White Orchard are actually better?

Apparently, there's a "legendary" set of witcher gear for each school that as their base is better than the mastercrafted.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
<y biggest gripe about W3 is the text is very tiny, especially on enemies. I have to be pretty close to the TV to read anything,

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

cheesetriangles posted:

I spent over an hour trying to find nekkers so I could get nekker hearts to make a potion and killed about 30 nekkers without finding a single nekker heart and wow gently caress this game sometimes.

That's really a shame, those nekkers are truly heartless.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

cheesetriangles posted:

I think they only drop from Nekker Warriors (red faced type) sometimes. Only place you can reliably get them is from the nests. That's why they're a common target for the re-loot bug.

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Yeah, RIP.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

OAquinas posted:

That's why they're a common target for the re-loot bug.

YUUUUUP.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

:eyepop: :chanpop: :eyepop:

nohopeindope
Aug 24, 2004
Got Oil?
Anyone have a save at the beginning of Act 3? I just lost all of my saves and I haven't found a save repository online.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I just got to Skillege after basically completing EVERY side activity in Velen/Novigrad and holy poo poo, theres a lot to do here to. I can feel my interest draining, I am thinking about skipping a lot of side content. If I do end up skipping some of it, what are the level requirements to finish the game? Whats a good level you kind of need to be around?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I just got to Skillege after basically completing EVERY side activity in Velen/Novigrad and holy poo poo, theres a lot to do here to. I can feel my interest draining, I am thinking about skipping a lot of side content. If I do end up skipping some of it, what are the level requirements to finish the game? Whats a good level you kind of need to be around?

You will be around level 30. if you just power through the main quests now you will have around 10 hours to go or so.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

don't be a pussy

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
via reddit:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

JetsGuy posted:

via reddit:

"GIMME A KISS"

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

JetsGuy posted:

via reddit:

:asoiaf:

Is that a Dire Griffin?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

OAquinas posted:

:asoiaf:

Is that a Dire Griffin?

It says "Archgriffon"

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

How do you even get up to that level? Or are they expecting you to do NG+ multiple times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

It says "Archgriffon"

I know that's what it says (well, I guessed at the moon language) but a Level 78 Griffin seems like it deserves some new taxonomy.

Crows Turn Off posted:

How do you even get up to that level? Or are they expecting you to do NG+ multiple times?
That's probably the NG+ version of the level 48 Skellige beast--looks like NG+ just tacks on 30 levels to every creature. So you could fight it towards the end of the game, and/or when you get archgriffin decoction.