Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So we all agree that this show has a shocking amount of excellence for something nearly 300 eps in, but what's everyone's least favorite MBMBAM? Really all I can think I didn't like was the one that had like, a ten minute rant from Griffon about 'nerd shame' which, while a very correct and sincere opinion, just wasn't funny and kinda rambled on beyond the point of 'do you'. It wasn't even a bad episode it's just the only one I tend to have a large chunk I skip through if I relisten.

This is the right answer. It's not even like 10 minutes; it's like half of the episode. There's some not great episodes but this is the only one I remember as being outright "bad."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I'm still surprised that Elizabeth Gilbert is a fan of the show, and that she was able to hang so well. Admittedly, I've never read anything she wrote but I hated the film so much I just sort of hated her by proxy. Show's what I know about people, I should just try to like everyone and let it flow. Ride a painted pony let the spinning wheel spin etc.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The best episode is the one that has horse emotions, guy who keeps winking, yoga guy who wants to hook up, sheryl crow laws, lunchables with the word hometown on them, and shaq's mental conversations all in the same episode

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The Hodgman one was the one where he revealed his son went to a camp literally across a lake from a rich kid's camp right?

Yep, in fact the name of the episode is "The Rich Kid's Camp".

Quest For Glory II posted:

The best episode is the one that has horse emotions, guy who keeps winking, yoga guy who wants to hook up, sheryl crow laws, lunchables with the word hometown on them, and shaq's mental conversations all in the same episode

Im like 99% sure this one was on the list. Fuckin munchables

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

That episode is Taco Nexus by the way

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I go back to The Legend of Cracker Barrel about once a month just to listen to the yahoo about Obama being supreme leader and determining the fate of every American.

Be cool
Come onnnnnnn
Niiice

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

TheFallenEvincar posted:

The times that they're not as funny or entertaining usually tend to be pretty rare or pretty forgettable so :shrug: I guess I'm also usually never a fan of guests on the show (I'm sure John Hodgman was great though) since they're usually forced-quirky/twee/painfully white/ people from the terrifyingly-advertised non-McElroy shows on MaxFun (omg lol the airport has an instagram account!!!! have u ever wondered what a kazoo would sound like underwater).

The only show guests have been Clint McElroy (which owned all 3? times), Elizabeth Gilbert (which was pretty cool), Lin Manuel Miranda (which got us Fugue for Brotherhorns and was pretty good otherwise), John Hodgman (good), and Dan Savage (don't even remember this but someone else said this happened so I guess I'm the rear end in a top hat now).

They talked about getting Paul Scheer and Carmen Esposito but I don't think those ever happened. So that's just John Hodgman and Clint as a fellow Maxfun hosts.

They've been pretty good about avoiding the incestuous pit of endless podcast guesting which is definitely one of the reasons I like the show. It is nice to have people have viewpoints outside of the UCB/LA comic paradigm, especially when they aren't doing a one note wacky premise podcast just to get their name heard for pilot season.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I think the way that John Hodgeman assimilated the brothers' strange West Virginia vocabulary almost immeditately after hearing it is a great metaphor for how well he gelled with them. Cameron Esposito, by contrast, was my least favorite guest host. She's funny, but she just didn't click. Though some of that may fall on the fact that they had to include questions about her area of expertise, which happens to be a rather sensitive subject not ripe for goofing.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Authorman posted:

The only show guests have been Clint McElroy (which owned all 3? times), Elizabeth Gilbert (which was pretty cool), Lin Manuel Miranda (which got us Fugue for Brotherhorns and was pretty good otherwise), John Hodgman (good), and Dan Savage (don't even remember this but someone else said this happened so I guess I'm the rear end in a top hat now).

They talked about getting Paul Scheer and Carmen Esposito but I don't think those ever happened. So that's just John Hodgman and Clint as a fellow Maxfun hosts.

They've been pretty good about avoiding the incestuous pit of endless podcast guesting which is definitely one of the reasons I like the show. It is nice to have people have viewpoints outside of the UCB/LA comic paradigm, especially when they aren't doing a one note wacky premise podcast just to get their name heard for pilot season.
Wait, are we counting guest advice requests as guests or not? I might have been thinking of some of those. I guess those would be prerecorded. Like I vaguely remember some British guys talking about facial hair one time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think you're thinking about the ads.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I thought the beard guests were those two Canadians with the unfunny ads?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

No there was a prerecorded question from some guys from another show (Tim and Simon?) about how to seem younger. I think Jesse Thorn did one too as well as Brental Floss.

Robophile
Apr 20, 2003

We know a remote farm in Lincolnshire, where Mrs. Buckley lives.

Authorman posted:

They also had John Roderick as a guestpert, and I thought he did a pretty good job despite the fact that his typical style of delivering long-winded anecdotes shouldn't mesh with the MBMBAM format.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Drunkboxer posted:

I'm still surprised that Elizabeth Gilbert is a fan of the show, and that she was able to hang so well. Admittedly, I've never read anything she wrote but I hated the film so much I just sort of hated her by proxy. Show's what I know about people, I should just try to like everyone and let it flow. Ride a painted pony let the spinning wheel spin etc.

To be clear elizabeth Gilbert is not a good person and you were totally right to hate her

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Aug 16, 2015

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So we all agree that this show has a shocking amount of excellence for something nearly 300 eps in, but what's everyone's least favorite MBMBAM? Really all I can think I didn't like was the one that had like, a ten minute rant from Griffon about 'nerd shame' which, while a very correct and sincere opinion, just wasn't funny and kinda rambled on beyond the point of 'do you'. It wasn't even a bad episode it's just the only one I tend to have a large chunk I skip through if I relisten.

That one where they didn't answer any advice and instead blather about their pasts.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

toanoradian posted:

That one where they didn't answer any advice and instead blather about their pasts.

how the gently caress can someone be so wrong and such an rear end in a top hat at the same time

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

"Mr Sweats" is another really great episode, one of my favourite, featuring the Monster Cereal opening and Sword Myths.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Travis343 posted:

No there was a prerecorded question from some guys from another show (Tim and Simon?) about how to seem younger. I think Jesse Thorn did one too as well as Brental Floss.

One of the donor episodes had questions from Jesse, Brental Floss, John Hodgman, and, I think this is what the first part of your post refers to, Stop Podcasting Yourself.

Also, Bill Corbett was a guestpert some time back.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It definitely wasn't Stop Podcasting Yourself. It was Tim and Simon's Brain something, because Justin suggested they change it to Timmy and Simmy's Brain Spimmy or something like that. These guys had really thick British accents and one of them said he looked "like Benjamin Button in the early stages of his life". I'm also pretty sure this is in a non donor ep. Not saying SPY wasn't in a donor ep but that's not what I'm thinking of here.

V speaking of bits that wore out their welcome in the first five minutes

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Nobody gonna mention frequent guestpert Edward Snowden?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Amelie is also a frequent guest

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Nobody gonna mention frequent guestpert Edward Shnowden?

Those appearances are shecretsh!

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

The very worst episode was when they announced they were no longer doing jingles in the Money Zone :(

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

TACD posted:

The very worst episode was when they announced they were no longer doing jingles in the Money Zone :(

I miss Stacks Soap

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

http://griffinspacejam.com/ is still the best site on the internet

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm more into Teen Google myself :smug:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

you would be, you dirtyboy

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

GNU Order posted:

you would be, you dirtyboy

Frank Lloyd Dirty Boy

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
No new episode this week?

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I'm more into Teen Google myself :smug:

Every time I have a particularly good shave, I feel the need to visit https://www.mysmoothface.com

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Twitter said it'd be a few days late.

LIKE TEN DICKS
Feb 25, 2009
The best introductory episode I've found is Sex Draculas, every bit hits well and Griffin's extended mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm at the end is a good indication of what you're in for with the rest of the episodes
I've gotten a half dozen people hooked with that episode I think

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

If you think about it the show is all sex draculas and Scott bakulas

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hi, I'm independent real estate agent Scott Dracula

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

myron cope posted:

If you think about it the show is all sex draculas and Scott bakulas

Giant Scott Bakula fighting Gonorrhea is my favorite tangent they've ever gone on.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Travis343 posted:

Hi, I'm independent real estate agent Scott Dracula
I'm Tit Liquid, and I'm here to spread awareness about childhood obesity!

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
"Underwear Man: The Punching Genius" is now tied for me with "Impossible Dave: The Impossibly Handsome Man" as The Best Name.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
MBMBaM has been on a hot streak over the past couple months but Tit Liquid really was a high point. Reminded me of a Superego bit, really. Just pure, condensed punchline-punchline-punchline.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Tit Liquid is already on Youtube. Good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKuEtAyTPtg

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I am the japanese bullet train of assassins, there is no impediment you can put in front of me to stop my dark goals. I'm Tit Liquid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
That was one of the best riffs they have done.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Aug 24, 2015

• Locked thread