Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Bape Culture posted:

I can't get up in the morning cause I suck at dropping off to sleep lol

a good nights sleep starts with a good mattress that's why i sleep on a mammoth

https://mammothmattress.co.uk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I have a hammock aND 2 cats

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

rndmnmbr posted:

A lot of people down on antidepressants ITT, but that's cool. Not everything works for everybody.

Week four of Lexapro, and I feel better, flirting with a cute girl, and I haven't had the urge to commit suicide for a week now. It's amazing how good it feels to not have that particular monkey on my back.

I'm glad you found one that works for you. They weren't my thing, but they were created to help people, even if they can't help everyone. Also, so many people get the wrong ones prescribed first and think they'll all have the same effects. Another thing that people should look into is EMDR. hosed if I know how a grid of blinking lights work to rearrange your brain, but they do.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I'm just starting to get into cars, are there any good recommended books to read about them in general and that will teach me how they work and maybe help with DIY repairs?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Got a stack of "explanation of benefits" from my insurance company - I told the office manager at my IOP place that I knew I was beyond my out of pocket, so go ahead and start billing.

Looks like each IOP session is billed at $120. My portion? Zero. :smug: Not only that, but they're getting their full billed amount; that amount, IMO, is on average for an IOP.

corn in the fridge posted:

I need a new mattress... bad. Mine is... was... a really nice pillow top mattress (Sterns & Foster, I get sick thinking what I paid for it). But it's basically turned into the grand canyon. The middle sits several inches lower than the rest of the bed, and actually getting out of it takes a lot of work. :sigh:

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Get a Haynes manual for your particular model and keep it next to your toilet paper holder.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

My mattress is extremely nice (ask yer mam if you don't believe me)
I'm just retarded haha

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I dreamt about getting a new dog last night. This poo poo is gonna stick with me for a while, huh? :(

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I dreamt about getting a new dog last night. This poo poo is gonna stick with me for a while, huh? :(

Losing pets is easily comparable with losing a family member. It's loving horrible. You have my sympathy dude. :/

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

rndmnmbr posted:

A lot of people down on antidepressants ITT, but that's cool. Not everything works for everybody.

Week four of Lexapro, and I feel better, flirting with a cute girl, and I haven't had the urge to commit suicide for a week now. It's amazing how good it feels to not have that particular monkey on my back.

Was on lexapro... Made things great at first then worse, lots of suicidal thoughts, got off it. Now in therapy/exercise regiment. Seems to work, mood much improved.

Therapist helps through some anger/resentment/depression issues. poo poo seems to be working.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Enourmo posted:

hey guys have you considered just not being depressed ? its easy!!1

Despite how horribly cynical I am, I found something that works for me.

http://tinykittens.com

Cresting a hill on the Tarmac in the early morning and seeing a valley spread out in front of me is more than enough reminder the man made problems are nothing to the glory of Creation and enough to forget humans exist at least for a moment.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Nurburgring are getting rid of the flugplatz jump. I'm bummed :(

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Cresting a hill on the Tarmac in the early morning and seeing a valley spread out in front of me is more than enough reminder the man made problems are nothing to the glory of Creation and enough to forget humans exist at least for a moment.

have you ever thought for a second that maybe your not nearly as smart as you think you are

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Despite how horribly cynical I am, I found something that works for me.

http://tinykittens.com

i wish i could be religious sometimes, it seems like it would be nice. you live in the blue mountains iirc that has to make it easy b/c that place is beautiful as poo poo.

antidepressant chat, dont touch effexor if you can avoid it, sick of waking up every morning drenched in sweat (through the doona) and last time the dr changed it i ended up in the er and back on it.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Bape Culture posted:

What? No! :(

That's like getting rid of the Karussell.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

have you ever thought for a second that maybe your not nearly as smart as you think you are

Yes. At 4am in the morning getting up to get out on the bike to climb said hill.

For some odd reason I dont give a gently caress about that or what anyone thinks about an hour later.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

i live in loving metro Orlando theres no beautiful inspiring terrain around here just traffic grids and assholes who can't drive

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

drat that's a good looking bike

Bape Culture posted:

That's just wrong :mediocre:

I've never dealt with real depression but I definitely have my lovely weeks/months or whatever where everything sucks. It's been much better since I've started lifting more often and heavier, can't really think about how stuff sucks after a heavy squat/dl session.

UK goons, how lovely is it there in early October? I'm going to be really tempted to detour through Frankfurt on the way home to get some laps in at the Nurburgring.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
it will be cold and rainy hth

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

NitroSpazzz posted:

UK goons, how lovely is it there in early October? I'm going to be really tempted to detour through Frankfurt on the way home to get some laps in at the Nurburgring.

Well we haven't had summer yet so this year all bets are off. It's usually cool and wet though. Where are you thinking of hitting up?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
CAT INTERCEPTOR why are you making me agree with corn in the fridge. Bro.

For what it's worth I'm sorry you see the world like that, as rigidly as you do. It's gotta be hell to live in.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Big Daddy Keynes posted:

i wish i could be religious sometimes, it seems like it would be nice. you live in the blue mountains iirc that has to make it easy b/c that place is beautiful as poo poo.

antidepressant chat, dont touch effexor if you can avoid it, sick of waking up every morning drenched in sweat (through the doona) and last time the dr changed it i ended up in the er and back on it.

I had the vivid memorable dreams and nightmares and waking up in sweat for over a year before I got given pristiq. The strong dreams and sweats seem to have gone now for the most part, but it happens a couple of times a month. Skipping a pill is the worst thing ever though, never been so low.
But while having the pills, well if the ATO didn't hound me for $20k, my cc wasn't maxed out at $7k, my ute wasn't hosed, my licence not suspended, my back, legs and knees were fine, my hand not buldging with some sort of cyst, if I had some sort of income that could pay the rent and utilities; then I might be actually happy.
E: experiences may differ, but I've probably needed something my entire life. When I was 5y/o in first grade, one of the first things I wrote was "I am dumb and fat".

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Aug 18, 2015

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
i think im beginning to see a correlation between depression and debt in this thread

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
You're not as smart as you think you are.
If that was the case, every home owner would be depressed.
Debt doesn't worry me in general. I've had a $350k debt before for a house.
It's more to the point I just let things go too far after I had a breakdown (e: I was practically mute), also the fact my health is too bad to afford any debt right now. Debt in general for someone healthy and employed isn't too bad a thing.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Aug 18, 2015

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Bape Culture posted:

:(

CommieGIR posted:

*high fives*

Have you started the new job yet, man?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

i think im beginning to see a correlation between depression and debt in this thread

I love debt and I'm relatively happy :newlol:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

some texas redneck posted:

How the hell does her a/c drain being clogged flood your place?

Are you in a condo / duplex / quadplex / whatever situation where you share a wall? Or is your place so close that it's pouring out of the a/c overflow drain from her house and soaking in under the walls of your place?

Beats what I went through at one apartment - the a/c tray rusted through, causing it to dump water into the ceiling, and I'd been complaining to apartment management for over 3 months before half of the bathroom ceiling collapsed while I was in the shower (they'd kept telling me they had a "3 month backlog" on ordering new drainpans, since they had to be replaced in every apartment). I finally called the city, they went to the apartment management and threatened to condemn the entire building unless it got fixed ASAP. They managed to find a new drainpan within an hour of code enforcement showing up, and I had a new (very badly done) ceiling in my bathroom a few hours after that. There was a shitload of mold up there from months of water dripping, and in that apartment (much like a lot of apartments), the "return air duct" was the ceiling, with a vent hacked into a wall above a door to hold an air filter.
We share a wall and apparently the AC drains down a pipe into a p trap and that thing is plugged, so all the AC water just pisses onto the ceiling of her downstairs bathroom and from there it runs into my downstairs closet, which adjoins my downstairs bath, a hallway, and my living room. I wish she'd get on with it already because the water is loving up more and more of my place. I'm happy USAA has told me that they will pursue her company for the damage. My wife keeps prattling on about what flooring will replace the carpet and it's getting kinda old at the moment. I told her to stream of consciousness flooring chat with the insurance guy because there aint poo poo I can do about it right now.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i have $70k in student loans lol

:rip:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0HX4a5P8eE

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I cleared my student loans a few months ago, that felt great. I have enough in my savings currently to buy a nice new car outright, but it's actually all house deposit money so I'll have no money and owe 145k shortly.

The house is worth it though, it'll be a great place to bring the kids up, I'll spend an hour a day less commuting.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
are there any depressed ppl itt who aren't in debt?

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

are there any depressed ppl itt who aren't in debt?

I am, and I'm on a medicine that would make me die pretty quick if I started drinking, and I had to sell my project months ago at a big loss because it was that or not eating. What do people do to cheer themselves up other than gently caress with electronic/mechanical poo poo and get drunk/high? I dunno.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i play video games and take my dog on walks with my wife

dogs make life so much better :)

like, look at this

HOW IS THAT COMFORTABLE?!?! :3:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

88h88 posted:

Well we haven't had summer yet so this year all bets are off. It's usually cool and wet though. Where are you thinking of hitting up?

We had a nice few weeks in June/July.

October weather tends to be pretty meh.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
I would just like to say that I have two friends with audi 2.7TT powered cars. Both are currently on jackstands. One at solo motorsport because it blew low on cyl 6 on a leakdown, the other blew a turbo and a thermostat housing. gently caress those godawful motors forever.

Happy Tuesday!

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

quote:

As the subject states, I would like to see who has some technical knowledge with the following: (All would be IDEAL, but not mandatory)

1. ODB2 automotive programming (understanding terminology and modifications)
2. Experience with Galletto V54 programming (modifying ECU/EPROM settings)
a. This is key for now, if you have used one of these, I definitely want to talk to you! 
3. Electronics background (some tracing may be needed)
4. Soldering skills

I have a small project I am working on and could use a hand, and compensate well for your time. If this interest you, reach out to me directly and we can talk in more details.

I don't have a lick of experience with a Galletto V54, but I'm still curious.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

freelop posted:

We had a nice few weeks in June/July.

October weather tends to be pretty meh.

Those few weeks, were you on holiday somewhere other than the UK during that period?

It certainly wasn't blazin' squad.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
where in the uk do you live? we've had some really nice weather this year in the southeast

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

The psychopathic elite will keep making GBS threads all over everyone in their bid to get more power just like they always have, but despite that things have been getting better over time despite frequent setbacks. Humanity will probably be responsible for its own extinction but ultimately nothing matters anyway and nearly everyone on this forum will be dead in less than 60 years regardless so just have fun where and when you can :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

88h88 posted:

Those few weeks, were you on holiday somewhere other than the UK during that period?

It certainly wasn't blazin' squad.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/coventry/cv1-3/month/326967?monyr=6/01/2015

End of June/July was real warm and there wasn't much rain so I count that as Summer.

I am originally from the North though which would have been a lot worse so maybe my view is skewed on what good weather is.

• Locked thread