Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Sexual Lorax posted:

I have some places in my house that need walls but don't have them, and this will help me make them:

Excellent brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Makita 4 Lyfe

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
REI Garage sales make me all :signings:

Salomon Quest 4D 2 GTX's.

Camelbak Eddy & Kleen Canteen 27oz.

Chums Zipquix Zipper Pulls - Package of 5.

Earlier last week I also took a trip to Tactical Tailor's remodel opening in Lakewood & picked up some stuff.

McNett Tactical Ultra Compact Microfiber Towel & Camo Form. Reusable Heavy-Duty Fabric Wrap in MultiCam.

3M Peltor Combat Arms Earplugs. When the yellow end is inserted into the ear it allows regular noise to pass thru & only blocks high-end decibel levels, while the green end provides continuous passive protection at an NRR rating of 22 dB.

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

Bought a new phone.

Xiaomi Note Pro

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That doesn't have a stylus, does it?

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Lilleput posted:

Bought a new phone.

Xiaomi Note Pro

I have the Xiaomi Yi Camera & a powerbank from them and they're great. Not sure if I would trust the company to get a phone though, how is it?

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

Harley C posted:

I have the Xiaomi Yi Camera & a powerbank from them and they're great. Not sure if I would trust the company to get a phone though, how is it?

I believe they're in the top 5 of the biggest Mobile phone manufactureres in the world. Besides that i have read a bunch of reviews of this and the Mi4 and both are highly regarded.

I really like it. It's like if Apple made an Android phone. Quality wise it feels like an iPhone 6 Plus to hold, the custom version of Android it's running is missing the App Drawer, so it's a lot like the iOS home screen in that sense (But with Widgets)

They do weekly updates though their own OTA app and you can root it by going into a menu and hitting a button.

And it costs less than half of a Samsung Note 5..

... No stylus.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lilleput posted:

... No stylus.

DEAD TO ME. Oh Samsung, you've got me stuck so good with your loving phones...

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

PerrineClostermann posted:

DEAD TO ME. Oh Samsung, you've got me stuck so good with your loving phones...

If a phone needs a stylus, it's not a phone.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sigma X posted:

If a phone needs a stylus, it's not a phone.

Smartphones aren't phones.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Lilleput posted:

Bought a new phone.

Xiaomi Note Pro

How is the battery life?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Probably the same as every phone. When you first get it
When new = lasts 3 days without a charge.
1 year later = dies every 5 hours

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

very good choice even if it isn't a bosch. I have a Makita circular saw from the 80's that still works perfectly and is a pleasure to use. Makita is a lifetime investment imo.

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

CaseFace McGee posted:

How is the battery life?

Same as every other high end Android phone. You will get a full day out of it with 4ish hours of screen on time. A charger at work is probably a good idea.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Lilleput posted:

Same as every other high end Android phone. You will get a full day out of it with 4ish hours of screen on time. A charger at work is probably a good idea.

Cool, just making sure it can compete with US mainstream manufacturers.

Content:

My 3220 just doesn't have the balls for triple 1080p iRacing with a full field of cars. This should last for quite a while, so I should only need to get video card upgrades every so often.

codespace
May 3, 2011

CaseFace McGee posted:

Google and Apple both manufacture their devices in Chinese factories.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

+ x2

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

For my daily commuter.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

codespace posted:

Google and Apple both manufacture their devices in Chinese factories.

Yup, big brands and knockoff brands can be manufactured in the same area, but they often are spec'ed with different levels of component quality and QA. It sounds like this brand has similar finish to the brands commonly found in US pockets.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

plain blue jacket posted:

very good choice even if it isn't a bosch. I have a Makita circular saw from the 80's that still works perfectly and is a pleasure to use. Makita is a lifetime investment imo.

I can't second this enough. I worked construction for several years during and between colleges; Makita is Numero Uno - lasts forever.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My garage is a mix of Makita and Ryobi. If I weren't looking at them when I use them, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them. Makita is good, but they're not the huge step above everything else people treat them as.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

CaseFace McGee posted:

Content:

I have no idea what kind of drive that is, we truly live in the future.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

PCOS Bill posted:

My garage is a mix of Makita and Ryobi. If I weren't looking at them when I use them, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them. Makita is good, but they're not the huge step above everything else people treat them as.

Uh, excuse me but my personal experiences are clearly proof of a global reality.

Also, Ryobi is poo poo; the circular sander I bought to redo some large furniture crapped out halfway through the third piece.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Daimo posted:

I have no idea what kind of drive that is, we truly live in the future.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-DISC - basically fancy DVDs and Blu-Rays...that can last 1000 years

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

tribbledirigible posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-DISC - basically fancy DVDs and Blu-Rays...that can last 1000 years

For 20 dollars, fantastic!

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

CaseFace McGee posted:

Content:

My 3220 just doesn't have the balls for triple 1080p iRacing with a full field of cars. This should last for quite a while, so I should only need to get video card upgrades every so often.

Why did you get SATA II cables when your MOBO is SATA III and your optical drive almost certainly is too.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Why would it even matter since the absolute fastest that thing can write the disc is way less than the pipe.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Gotta get the Monster cables brah

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

blarzgh posted:

Uh, excuse me but my personal experiences are clearly proof of a global reality.

Also, Ryobi is poo poo; the circular sander I bought to redo some large furniture crapped out halfway through the third piece.

That's weird. Fortunately Home Depot replaces stuff like that on the spot while it's under warranty, so it was only a small inconvenience.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Daimo posted:

For 20 dollars, fantastic!

With $7 instant savings on top of that, so it's stupidly inexpensive.

cool kids inc. posted:

Why did you get SATA II cables when your MOBO is SATA III and your optical drive almost certainly is too.

Because the cable is not going to be the bottleneck there. I have gone three years with no disk drive at all, so it's not going to get very heavy use anyway.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

I bought a present for my boyfrand.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

Is that a pin?

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Slimy Hog posted:

Is that a pin?

Yep!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I have a bunch of Amazon credit, so I spent some of it.

The Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus

edit: also bought a new Cardinals hat

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. has a new favorite as of 00:02 on Aug 19, 2015

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

This is great.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

blarzgh posted:

I've had decent luck with the two Ryobi things that I bought thankfully. I have their sander and I've used the heck out of it with no problems. I have a circular saw too, but I haven't used it all that much. If I were using it a lot more often, I'd have gotten a better saw though.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

i have a monster cable i got as a gift and it's my only right angle to straight cable so it gets used a lot!!. it's also nice that if it ever breaks down i can just get a new one. i wish it wasn't gold plated though, that poo poo is counterproductive

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

My favorite thing about the Beats headphone company is how they hosed over Monster in their deal somehow. Monster got really angry when Apple bought Beats for 3 billion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

PCOS Bill posted:

That's weird. Fortunately Home Depot replaces stuff like that on the spot while it's under warranty, so it was only a small inconvenience.

Freal?

poo poo, PCOS, you might have just saved me $75.