Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They usually do a bit of hype for it, but it's only been mentioned in passing. Hope it is next week though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Is the Wompler spinoff podcast good?

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I listened to the first ep and didn't get into it. I think a lot of these characters need an Aukerman to shout out, to anchor them...with hate.

Much like the Hoho/Santa ep on WSGLL which while funny, really needed someone else for Santa to threaten to beat the poo poo out of.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

GNU Order posted:

To follow up on that, the whole episode was people screaming into a microphone and then it just ended

If I were an A.V. Club reviewer I'd grade this episode an A.

If I was the av club reviewer I'd probably pass on reviewing this in favor of some 3rd tier npr lite how things work ripoff hosted by a guy with a fat nerd voice and a guy with a skinny nerd voice and their guest, some undergrad they know.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I can't tell if you guys are doing a bit but I really enjoyed Tim, Jon and Bret. :)

Scott I could do without.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Scott is literally the Hitlerest person of modern times, IRL.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Off topic, why is AV Club such loving garbage at reviewing everything

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

ElGroucho posted:

It was amusing timing for last night's episode of the CBB TV show to get a C+ in AV Club.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Tavarin posted:

It was amusing timing for last night's episode of the CBB TV show to get a C+ in AV Club.

You can get a better grade than C+?

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Eel hovercraft posted:

Scott is literally the Hitlerest person of modern times, IRL.

mm yes i'm manually retweeting this

Beeez
May 28, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

I don't think there's any one thing, they just generally suck really bad.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Drunkboxer posted:

Is the Wompler spinoff podcast good?

It's pretty good. I like that they don't stop every minute or two to fill you in on the backstory, it's sort of assumed that if you're listening to it you must be familiar with the history of Wompler/Listler and the goings on at Marina Del Rey Public High School. The episodes are relatively short - most come in at under and hour - so things move quickly and bits don't grow tiresome. The appearances from established characters have been good, and the new ones have been pretty strong. Andy Daly debuted Joe Bongo there, and I was a big fan of Chris Gethard's appearance as a "foreign exchange student" from New Jersey who is currently living with Marissa.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

If I was the av club reviewer I'd probably pass on reviewing this in favor of some 3rd tier npr lite how things work ripoff hosted by a guy with a fat nerd voice and a guy with a skinny nerd voice and their guest, some undergrad they know.

lol

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I appreciate that Scott seems to still be constantly amused by the long version closing up the plug bag theme.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
The Tim, Jon, and Bret episode is the only CBB in recent memory that I just lost complete interest in finishing. Whatever they were gunning for didn't work for me at all. I don't even mind Tim, Ching-Chong Matinee is one of my favorite classic bits.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
This Paul Scheer ep any good?

Seemed like this week's HDTGM was unlistenable. :smith: (from an audio perspective)

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

VagueRant posted:

Oh def. Huebel is a treasure, they do beautifully together.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VagueRant posted:

Seemed like this week's HDTGM was unlistenable. :smith: (from an audio perspective)

FYI you can EQ it to make it better.

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

That's why you don't answer the question early, you dip poo poo.

Goddamn, I have been laughing all day.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

How are u posted:

The Tim, Jon, and Bret episode is the only CBB in recent memory that I just lost complete interest in finishing. Whatever they were gunning for didn't work for me at all. I don't even mind Tim, Ching-Chong Matinee is one of my favorite classic bits.

Aaaaaaaahhhhh its a bit!!! Hahahahahahahhahahahahahha

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

VagueRant posted:

There's some jossy gossy about June and Kulap in the interview part, otherwise, a solid "eh." Scheer and Huebel's characters later on are kinda one note, though the game of Would You Rather has its moments.

How are u posted:

Really? Did you make it to the back half where they start calling one another out about the bits they each lean a little too heavily on?

Beeez
May 28, 2012

JethroMcB posted:

Really? Did you make it to the back half where they start calling one another out about the bits they each lean a little too heavily on?

I wasn't sure I was gonna bother listening to any of it, but this makes it sound like a must-listen after all.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Beeez posted:

I wasn't sure I was gonna bother listening to any of it, but this makes it sound like a must-listen after all.

In all honesty, this is a quality ep.

Edit: just accept the premise and roll with it.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Aug 13, 2015

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Both episodes were good. C+

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I've been catching up on The Mindy Project and Adam Pally's character drops a MY WIFE in like 6 consecutive episodes.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I skipped the last two eps and jumped to this one because PFT and I guess it turns out Earwolf is basically dead to me at this point?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VagueRant posted:

I skipped the last two eps and jumped to this one because PFT and I guess it turns out Earwolf is basically dead to me at this point?

Yeah, sure. It's dead to you, bro. No more good times. Condolences. {sad face emoticon}

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Scott's reasoning for taking down old stuff sounds like bs though. I wonder if its more they don't make money on those old ads

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Not being able to listen to old episodes anymore while I run is gonna suck

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Parallax posted:

Scott's reasoning for taking down old stuff sounds like bs though. I wonder if its more they don't make money on those old ads

I was rolling my eyes as he tried to sell it as a good thing for listeners. Paul calling out how dumb he was making the audience sound almost made up for it. If he'd sold the whole thing as, 'we need money to pay people to make some cool exclusive content' that might have actually worked. It would have at least sounded honest.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

ImPureAwesome posted:

Not being able to listen to old episodes anymore while I run is gonna suck

I bet it sucks more that you can't afford something that costs five bucks.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Gargamel Gibson posted:

A new phone that he can run with would probably cost more than 5 bucks.

Edit: and of course I mean iPhone because that is the only kind of phone.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Aug 18, 2015

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I only listen to the old eps when I've run out of new podcasts or have an itch to hear a specific bit again, so it's not really used enough to justify $60/year but I'll miss being able to go back to foam corner eps.

Also yeah I use beyondpod on my s4

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I'm a goon and i enjoy throwing :10bux: at every little thing i enjoy, please take my money mr squirt aquaman

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Practical Demon posted:

If he'd sold the whole thing as, 'we need money to pay people to make some cool exclusive content' that might have actually worked. It would have at least sounded honest.

That was one of the reasons given.

ImPureAwesome posted:

I only listen to the old eps when I've run out of new podcasts or have an itch to hear a specific bit again, so it's not really used enough to justify $60/year but I'll miss being able to go back to foam corner eps.

Also yeah I use beyondpod on my s4

Just download those episodes right now.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

LesterGroans posted:

Just download those episodes right now.

Yeah I mean that's the solution. I just did that for my desktop listening, but transferring them to my phone isn't nearly as impulsive and quick as it was to just redownload an ep through beyondpod then delete it for space after I finish my workout. Not impossible, but inconvenient enough

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

ImPureAwesome posted:

Yeah I mean that's the solution. I just did that for my desktop listening, but transferring them to my phone isn't nearly as impulsive and quick as it was to just redownload an ep through beyondpod then delete it for space after I finish my workout. Not impossible, but inconvenient enough
Get iTunes if you don't have it (you don't need an account or fancy iphone things, this is just for a short thing). Search and add all podcats you want the backlog for. Click the "feed" button so you see their entire catalogue. Press Ctrl A to mark all those episodes. Right click and download. It'll download every single episode into a podcast folder and they'll all have the meta-data and names, including album artwork.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

LesterGroans posted:

That was one of the reasons given.

I meant being upfront about it rather than leading with trying to (very badly) sell it as great for new listeners.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
"People are confused by the fact there's 400 episodes. With our new business model, there's still going to be 400 episodes but you can't listen to the first 370 of them. Isn't that great?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I wonder how many Howl subscriptions Earwolf is going to have to sell to make up for the increased bandwidth of panicky hoarders downloading gigabytes of back episodes they're never going to listen to.