Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I bought Deus Ex when it came out. Most of what people gloss over because it's old was also lovely back then. It's really, really overrated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

rob liefeld is working in video games now?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Every time I play Hyrule Warriors is dislike it more and more. It's somehow worse than kens rage 2

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

Every time I play Hyrule Warriors is dislike it more and more. It's somehow worse than kens rage 2
What's your issue with it?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

A ranks are all bullshit like don't take 4 hearts of damage between you and your friend, exp and badges are ridiculously grindy compared to other modern Warriors games.

Its strange how the Nintendo backed one has the worst QoL

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's some dumb stuff it HW but none of it is as bad as literally the worst Warriors game ever Ken's Rage 2.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Best is still Warriors Orochi 2, followed by 3

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Ok, saying KR2 was better was a stretch, but HW is more disappointing than KR2 because it had much more potential.

theultimo posted:

Best is still Warriors Orochi 2, followed by 3

Have you tried SW4 yet? It isn't as super stuffed with content like WO, but the new hypercombo system owns and the gimmick in it is great.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TheScott2K posted:

I bought Deus Ex when it came out. Most of what people gloss over because it's old was also lovely back then. It's really, really overrated.

I tried to play Deus Ex in 2012 and gave up almost immediately.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i played deus ex first in 2010, it was alright. human revolution was a lot more fun tbh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

it would be more accessible if the shooting was easier in the beginning. if you've never played before the pistol feels totally worthless in the opening levels and the systems they use for aiming were pretty novel when the game came out.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Persona 5, Xenoblade X, and Final Fantasy 15 are all coming out on different days on the same week.

I'm ready to drop 300 dollars on Collector's Editions, who else is with me?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Persona 5, Xenoblade X, and Final Fantasy 15 are all coming out on different days on the same week.

i can't wait for them to all sell really poorly specifically because of this fact.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

One of these games will be a commercial success.

None of these games will be fun enough to be worth reatail, let alone CE.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

when did ffxv get a 2015 release date? should i check my taint for signs of reapage?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Nasgate posted:

Persona 5 is actually going to be Roughly Epic

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Ekster posted:

Twitch plays Dark Souls.

Three days in and they still haven't made it out of the tutorial zone.

Watching that was so frustrating I started playing Dark Souls for the first time.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Hard Core PC Gaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmS9vcVNr5A

The PC master race seems to always have the worst examples. :allears:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Hard Core PC Gaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmS9vcVNr5A

I miss the gamers.txt thread :smith:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Golden Goat posted:

I miss the gamers.txt thread :smith:

I could post stories on how People who frequent retro game stores are lamenting that all the MMos today suck and were not fun like they used to be.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

I could post stories on how People who frequent retro game stores are lamenting that all the MMos today suck and were not fun like they used to be.

Tell me more about your loving elfdwarf dragonwarrior mageknightblade priestdancer, bob from accounting.

(bad memories)

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Mmos have always sucked, they just seemed fun when you were young and dumb.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Nasgate posted:

weird u would say this when persona 5 is already confirmed GOTY for this year as well as next year

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

No they're not

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Nasgate posted:

Mmos have always sucked, they just seemed fun when you were young and dumb.

Ah, wasted youth.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Final Fantasy XV, Mario Maker, Metal Gear Solid V, Bloodborne 2, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Dragon Quest 8, and Bubsy 3-D are all being released on the same day.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
so 6 ofo the worsot games of all time. and bloodborne.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Final Fantasy XV, Mario Maker, Metal Gear Solid V, Bloodborne 2, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Dragon Quest 8, and Bubsy 3-D are all being released on the same day.

And that day is RIGHT NOW!!!

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

I knew I was in for a treat when he started talking about 'yellow' people.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

jaundice isn't a race?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
This. I had several discussions about dropping money on free2play games.
Gaming is a hobby, and hobbies cost money.
I spend cash to make something i enjoy even more enjoyable.
You dont need a sound system in your car, its perfectly good without. Yet people stuff equip in there that puts supporter packs to shame.
A bottle of wine for 10 bucks lasts less than an hour, but 6 stash tabs last me months or years.
People will never understand how you can spend money on something that you cannot physically hold in your hands, then go see a movie with no second thoughts.

Just tell them you could also have spent that cash on crack (or their mum) and they usually go silent.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The problem is that the money you spent on Gems in a free to play game could have been spent on you know. An actual video game.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
According to the article, an Exalt costs 10 dollars.
You cant do this with (paid) humans and possibly make profit.
Havent done the math, but i dont think lvl1 bots running strand 24/7 can do this with profit.

Maybe they have some tool that allows them to generate items, or lets them dupe items and altering the outcome (they had different sockets on unid items), or have someone generate them for them.

Of course it could also be some kind of exploit/hack that magnifies drops hundred/thousandfold for only certain items (like exalts or coils) so you only need one drop to get a nearly endless supply .
Ive played 6 chars through merciless and found ONE exalt, theres no loving way in loving hell you can fair and square sell 1000 ex on day 2 of a league, not if all players combined sold all exalts they found to a single source.

Dev earning a little on the side sounds fairly reasonable too, in the end everyone has his price.
If i was a dev and got the chance, id do it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Chomp8645 posted:

in the end everyone has his price.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Real hurthling! posted:

jaundice isn't a race?

Simpsons is though.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i think it's time to play through the Deadly Rooms of Death series again.... really great puzzle games, one and all. im wondering what caravel games intends to do now that the main storyline was wrapped up with second sky

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

Simpsons is though.

yeah to the bottom

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

What if time's just a construct of human perception? An illusion created to

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
stop posting like a thug in a world of autists guys

this world isn't for you, it's for true gamers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Chomp8645 posted:

A bottle of wine for 10 bucks lasts less than an hour

You're either drinking cheap wine way too fast or expensive wine way too slow. A $10 bottle of wine is like, a 750ml Yellow Tail, which should last you at least two hours.

Trust me, I have done a lot of research on this subject.

• Locked thread