Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Team Ninja's already outright said that if there's enough demand for it then they'll bring it over. Still can't believe they didn't double down and call it Dead or Alive XXX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh gently caress :cripes:. UC3 was by the same team responsible for UC1's endless waves of enemies as UC2's guys were off making The Last of Us.

No, that's not how Naughty Dog works.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I'd be shocked if it doesn't come out in the US, there's just as big an audience for that stuff here as there is in Japan. Even bigger possibly, I recall reading something from NIS about how those Hyper Dimension games do waaaaaaay better in the US than they do in Japan.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I said come in! posted:

Is Dragons Dogma Online still in closed beta on Japanese PSN? Will you have to make a separate account for the game, or will just your PSN sign in do?
The beta at least forced you to sign up for a separate account, no idea if that will carry over though. I think someone in the import or PS Store threads might be able to dig up more information for you, it'd just get buried here.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Aphrodite posted:

No, that's not how Naughty Dog works.

Oh, really? What I'd heard was some/most of UC3 got B-Teamed because of The Last of Us.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

There was definitely some hasty script rewrites due to actors not being able to do the roles for later in the game development. That was definitely a thing during uc3.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BreakAtmo posted:

I did hear that the gameplay improvements from the later entries are being 'rolled back'. So what we'll probably get is UC3's gameplay in all 3 titles.

I wonder if that means they'll strip out the stupid motion stuff from 1. Back when Sony demanded every game include controller motion for some kind of major feature.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

I wonder if that means they'll strip out the stupid motion stuff from 1. Back when Sony demanded every game include controller motion for some kind of major feature.

they still like to see 1st party games use it for something going off of bloodborne's emotes and infamous' spraycan

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PC version of Final Fantasy Type-0 is out now for $30. The PS4 version is $50 though. :confused: The PC version got updated models too, makes the graphics more consistent.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Real hurthling! posted:

they still like to see 1st party games use it for something going off of bloodborne's emotes and infamous' spraycan

Bloodborne just uses it as a pair of buttons, that's hardly forced usage, and the spraycan uses the DS4's gyroscopes as a really-accurate cursor rather than something dumb like running your finger across the trackpad. The only bad thing there is when you can't find that last goddamn unpainted spot.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Doesn't come with the FF XV demo so the PC version is effectively worthless.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Type-0 is $32 right now on Amazon so buy that instead so you can get the cool Episode Duscae.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Real hurthling! posted:

Infamous' spraycan was really cool and I was kinda bummed that it was literally the only use of motion controls in infamous, and pretty much the only thing any dev has done with motion controls on sixaxis/dualshock4 that was worth a drat.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they're making the motion controls completely optional in UC1

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm surprised that gyro assisted aiming isn't more common off of 3ds, vita, and wii u. with a reticule on screen, the ds4 gyro could be really useful for fine tuning a headshot or whatever but i guess its a lot of work for something lots of people would switch off

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm surprised that gyro assisted aiming isn't more common off of 3ds, vita, and wii u. with a reticule on screen, the ds4 gyro could be really useful for fine tuning a headshot or whatever but i guess its a lot of work for something lots of people would switch off

It's part of the standard codebase at some level, so might not actually be that hard - the PS4 itself uses it as a cursor for inputting codes on the PSN store.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Zaphod42 posted:

Infamous' spraycan was really cool and I was kinda bummed that it was literally the only use of motion controls in infamous, and pretty much the only thing any dev has done with motion controls on sixaxis/dualshock4 that was worth a drat.

I would have liked to see the spray can implemented more into Delsin's character. Like, maybe you could unlock a melee attack where you blind people with it. I had expected paint powers as well, although I can't say I was disappointed by the...ah...variety of abilities you DO get.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I would have liked to see the spray can implemented more into Delsin's character. Like, maybe you could unlock a melee attack where you blind people with it. I had expected paint powers as well, although I can't say I was disappointed by the...ah...variety of abilities you DO get.

I did like the Neon Graffiti in First Light, shame Delsin didn't get to do any :allears:.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

I could have sworn they said they removed them or made them optional at least.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

big mean giraffe posted:

I could have sworn they said they removed them or made them optional at least.

Yeah, the motion to toss genades is being made optional and everything else motion-related is being cut, last I heard.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Twibbit posted:

I like it, but at time you do feel like your performance amounts to nothing in the scheme of the game. At least for me as I do my best when we are all dying horribly.

The game is slightly balanced away from VS at the moment. If in doubt, grab a medic or mechanic and heal/repair your way to certs. The healing tool is on a weird toggle that I can't remember offhand.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

gamefly has type 0 with the code for xv for $18 used.

baram. fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Aug 18, 2015

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

There was definitely some hasty script rewrites due to actors not being able to do the roles for later in the game development. That was definitely a thing during uc3.

It's true, the guy that players Cutter disappears so abruptly because he got to be in The Hobbit. You can tell the ending was probably going to heavily involve him since the final conflict ends up being with the henchman guy that brainwashes him and is super abrupt. The last third of the story ends up being the same as UC1 and 2 also where it's like "Oh this powerful thing is actually a natural chemical that makes people go berserk." They also don't even touch upon Drake's name not really being Drake or how Cate Blanchett figured that out after it's brought up even though the game is titled "Drake's Deception." I assume the story of the fourth game will deal with that now.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Watching the story trailer for the remastered UC, it sure has a lot of set up for Sully dying in UC4.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

baram. posted:

gamefly has type 0 with the code for xv for $18 used.

do they guarantee the code is valid?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I wouldn't mind that. Either way I do hope this is the final Uncharted game as it looks to be pretty cool. I'm not the biggest GoW3 fan but it was still lame to see the series end with a game as crappy as Ascension.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Hav posted:

The game is slightly balanced away from VS at the moment. If in doubt, grab a medic or mechanic and heal/repair your way to certs. The healing tool is on a weird toggle that I can't remember offhand.

Yeah my engibeer is doing great in the game, the AI turret you can unlock helps hold down an area pretty well. But here is a thing I want to know...

How do you throw grenades on PS4? I have tried so many buttons and the options screen tells me NOTHING.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Real hurthling! posted:

do they guarantee the code is valid?

The codes are never sent out with the rentals, so there shouldn't be any issues (barring a Gamefly employee stealing a code, which seems unlikely)

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Twibbit posted:

Yeah my engibeer is doing great in the game, the AI turret you can unlock helps hold down an area pretty well. But here is a thing I want to know...

How do you throw grenades on PS4? I have tried so many buttons and the options screen tells me NOTHING.

L1 & R1.

Yeah.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Seedge posted:

L1 & R1.

Yeah.

.... that is stupid. But glad to now know.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

WHOOPS posted:

Watching the story trailer for the remastered UC, it sure has a lot of set up for Sully dying in UC4.

doesn't Sully "die" in every game?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I think only in Uncharted 1. IIRC in 2 and 3 the group just splits up for reasons.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sully fake dies in Uncharted 3 for sure. It's during Drake's hallucinations at the end of the game.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

But isn't he hallucinating?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

You can't blame Sully for Drake's idiocy.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yes, but I don't see why there's a distinction. Drake (and the player) still think Sully is dead.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Yeah, in 2 out of 3 Uncharted games for console, Sully is presumed dead but actually turns out to be totally fine.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Steve2911 posted:

You can't blame Sully for Drake's idiocy.

he raised him that way

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees
My Pulse Elite headset just snapped at both cups, where they attach to the head band. Apparently this is a common flaw in their design, since the Amazon review page is littered with 1 star reviews of people having this happen to them.

I did use them for almost two years, but I'd rather not buy another $100+ pair just to wait for their lovely design to break again. How are the Playstation Gold headsets, in terms of build quality?

Soma Soma Soma fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

NESguerilla posted:

Well Zombi is 19.99. That was the price I was hoping for.
24.95 in AusPSN which is nice. :sigh: But I only have 23.49 left after buying the Rocket League DLC.
So:

Genocyber posted:

Has anyone here tried Zombi yet?
Is it worth making the effort to go and get that PSN $$$ card?

• Locked thread