Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cuckoo posted:

Eagerly awaiting the sadistic Kaizo-style death reels from Vinesauce and other LPers that don't suck
Oh gently caress, there are going to be Let's Plays of this game?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I wish you could design maps of levels so that you could have alternate secret exits and poo poo to unlock other ones.

they needed to leave something for mario maker 64

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fungah! posted:

they needed to leave something for mario maker 64
If they ever make a builder for Mario 3-D World levels I will literally never play another game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I want a Metroid Maker tbqh

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

it would be a mario golf maker for this gamer

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

HolePisser1982 posted:

would own

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

This would kick a lot of rear end. Do any golf games have course builders?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Eonwe posted:

I want a Metroid Maker tbqh

everyone keeps saying that but all that'd heappen are a couple of cool games and then a bunch of relly bad ones. also like how would that work anyway, you'd have to use the entire toolset for every game because you'd have to make the whole world with the maker so every one would be variations on the smae game. i'd rather them put that time into doing a new metroid

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

FactsAreUseless posted:

The sky is blue, the grass is green, The Mario games will be LPed to loving death

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

now that's what i'm talkin about

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

This would kick a lot of rear end. Do any golf games have course builders?

the golf club, but its a pain in the rear end to make stuff and not very fun to play it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah! posted:

everyone keeps saying that but all that'd heappen are a couple of cool games and then a bunch of relly bad ones. also like how would that work anyway, you'd have to use the entire toolset for every game because you'd have to make the whole world with the maker so every one would be variations on the smae game. i'd rather them put that time into doing a new metroid

ddon't get me wrong i want a new metroid so bad it hurts but metroid maker would probably end up being raw aids

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cuckoo posted:

The sky is blue, the grass is green, The Mario games will be LPed to loving death
I hope that Trey And Matt The South Park Guys do a video walkthrough of some of their favorite levels... maybe some South Park sprites? Oh my god, Mario, you killed Ken from Street Fighter, lmao!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

ideally ill be able to make minigolf courses inside of the morpheus game Dreams

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

If they ever make a builder for Mario 3-D World levels I will literally never play another game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I hope that Trey And Matt The South Park Guys do a video walkthrough of some of their favorite levels... maybe some South Park sprites? Oh my god, Mario, you killed Ken from Street Fighter, lmao!

do you even know what a video game is

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

do you even know what a video game is
I don't, but I can tell you this: they're art.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cuckoo posted:

LPers that don't suck

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im just gonna play a bunch of 100-mario challenge and not really make much

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I'm not gonna make poo poo and will just play everyone else's levels because I am lazy and creatively bankrupt

Also I need to buy the Sonic Amiibo just to play the first Sonic game that doesn't have bad platforming mechanics and furry autism in it in like 20 years

If you don't find vinesauce's video game corruption videos funny then I don't even know

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

vinny is badass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Can you build a Mario 3 airship level?

Yes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

haha, that southpark guy with the name Cuck is really tellin it like it is here in the zone!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

ddon't get me wrong i want a new metroid so bad it hurts but metroid maker would probably end up being raw aids

Yeah. I've seen so many super metroid wannabes over the years that just suck and a metroid maker would be impossible to make well.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i remember liking shadow complex well enough but that was a million years ago

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

elf help book posted:

im just gonna play a bunch of 100-mario challenge and not really make much

probably same but because im not creative

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

i remember liking shadow complex well enough but that was a million years ago

I've always heard its good but it's a 360 game only, right?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

haha, that southpark guy with the name Cuck is really tellin it like it is here in the zone!

he's making a lot of bad posts

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
unlike you guys im going to make lots of levels because i am extremely creative. in fact im going to make the #1 level in Mario maker

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

I've always heard its good but it's a 360 game only, right?

yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shame. It seems right up my alley bc I will play any metroidvania that looks remotely promising but I do not have a 360 and likely never will

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Shame. It seems right up my alley bc I will play any metroidvania that looks remotely promising but I do not have a 360 and likely never will

yyeah it sucks that it never made it to a good system or at least gfwl. good game though if you ever get the chance

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

I'm sure the bird species Cuckoo existed before GBS you drat cretin.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I wish you could design maps of levels so that you could have alternate secret exits and poo poo to unlock other ones.

you can do all of that and more in fangames http://www.supermariobrosx.org/

quote:

Super Mario Bros. X 1.3.0.1 is a massive Mario fangame that blends elements from Super Mario 1, 2, 3 and World. It has many power ups, such as the Ice Flower, Hammer Suit, Tanooki Suit, Kuribo's shoe, The Billy Gun, and Yoshi. You can also play the game with a friend in the 2 player co-op mode, where the screen seamlessly splits and combines as the players separate and rejoin.

This fangame is most notable for its extensive level editor that allows you to create almost any kind of level that you can imagine. The real time editor lets you edit the level while playing it! You can also create your own episode using either the SMB3 or SMW styled world map, or you can create a Mario 64 style hub level and have the players collect stars to advance.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

rediscover posted:

unlike you guys im going to make lots of levels because i am extremely creative. in fact im going to make the #1 level in Mario maker

i am going to dethrone you by making an even better level, and also more levels.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i hope both of you are right

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

its now playable through emulation on xbox one but that probably doesn't help you either.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

imagine someone who refused to buy a 360 already buying a xbox one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

elf help book posted:

imagine someone who refused to buy a 360 already buying a xbox one

;lol

• Locked thread