Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

freelop posted:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/coventry/cv1-3/month/326967?monyr=6/01/2015

End of June/July was real warm and there wasn't much rain so I count that as Summer.

I am originally from the North though which would have been a lot worse so maybe my view is skewed on what good weather is.

Pff. It was a handful of degrees above average apart from a few odd days. Blazing sunshine please. Scorch the loving earth or don't bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

rndmnmbr posted:

A lot of people down on antidepressants ITT, but that's cool. Not everything works for everybody.

Week four of Lexapro, and I feel better, flirting with a cute girl, and I haven't had the urge to commit suicide for a week now. It's amazing how good it feels to not have that particular monkey on my back.

Lexapro is the bomb. This year is the first year where I finally feel like I have my life under control. I used to suffer from really bad social anxiety and agoraphobia, but now I can finally function like a normal human being and I am much happier for it. I'm finally able to devote my energy to the things I love and want to do.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

88h88 posted:

Well we haven't had summer yet so this year all bets are off. It's usually cool and wet though. Where are you thinking of hitting up?

Not sure and don't even know where the site is located at the moment. All I know is they may need a hand beginning of October and my name came up from several people. I'll be in a loud and cold computer room most of the trip but if weather isn't poo poo and it's in a decent area I'll take a couple extra days at the end to see the area.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Something's up with the pickup... feels like sometimes when I'm cruising along, it'll sorta lose power for a little bit before coming back. Also tends to be sorta jerky/low power when I've just upshifted, especially if I've short shifted it. Clutch might be going out?

Also the pisshead turn signal decided to stop working, but the hazards are still ok; I think there's only one flasher module so I'm guessing it may be the contacts inside the turn signal switch? Luckily the local pick & pull has 3 old Mazda trucks, hopefully one has a switch still on it.

The joys of a cheap pickup, I guess. Got me to work ok, at least. I'll probably want to finish off this tank of seafoamed gas before I smog it for registration.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Clutch going out would feel the opposite of what I'm getting from your post - the engine would be able to make the clutch slip, so you'd be able to floor it in fourth or fifth gear and have the revs jump without any actual change in speed.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Yeah, seems like a miss or bogging down at certain loads. Fuel or ignition problem (or air leak).
As far as indicator, check earths/negs.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Pham Nuwen posted:

Something's up with the pickup... feels like sometimes when I'm cruising along, it'll sorta lose power for a little bit before coming back. Also tends to be sorta jerky/low power when I've just upshifted, especially if I've short shifted it. Clutch might be going out?

Is it carb or EFI? If it's EFI it may be something dumb like the ECU coolant temperature sensor. That part caused me fairly similar loss of power problems on my Miata and googling it, it looks like it would use the same part.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Well, gently caress. My sister's fiancee finally succumbed to cancer last night.
Nuts. He was an all-around kinda guy. Had a degree in Industrial Engineering, and ran a one-man machine shop, while refitting older CNC machines to modern controls (a PC and interface board, new steppers, etc.) to sell. Knew a silly amount of stuff about machines, firearms, engines, and a bunch of other stuff. My sister picked a good one. Really liked the guy. They never even had a chance to get married. To top it off, I'm 1500 miles away in California until early next week.
We knew it was coming, but it still sucks. It's always too soon.

e: holy poo poo that avatar 14-inch.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

RillAkBea posted:

Is it carb or EFI? If it's EFI it may be something dumb like the ECU coolant temperature sensor. That part caused me fairly similar loss of power problems on my Miata and googling it, it looks like it would use the same part.

It's carburetted. I'm gonna bug Parts Kit to see if the Haynes manual is worth a drat, because I haven't been able to find any carb tuning details online.

I'll also see if I can find any more vacuum leaks and take a look at the distributor cap+rotor. I pulled two plugs and they looked ok, but I should probably check them all and gap them.

Thanks for the advice, everyone! I like this little fucker even though it's been a bit of a dickhead.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
loving christ. I must be being punished for something. We put down our family dog yesterday and today I managed to step on what feels like 100 needles. I have no idea what weed/plant I stepped on in the garden, but it left dozens of clear, microscopic slivers in my big toe. Extracting them took twenty minutes and it felt like someone was pulling glass fragments out. I walk 15 blocks to work and of course found the one we missed. And it's only Tuesday.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
Sorry to hear about your dog, the spyder. Sounds like you stepped in stinging nettle, which are no fun at all!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

In more positive news, I was passed by a pair of Mclaren 12Cs (I think) on 405 the other night. Good sound. And saw like 3 more Maserati Gran Turismos, one a convertible. They really like those here. Oh! and an Alpina B7 this morning. Lots of Beemers here. I've seen more M3s in a week than I see in months in DFW (depends on area, of course.)

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Darchangel posted:

Well, gently caress. My sister's fiancee finally succumbed to cancer last night.
Nuts. He was an all-around kinda guy. Had a degree in Industrial Engineering, and ran a one-man machine shop, while refitting older CNC machines to modern controls (a PC and interface board, new steppers, etc.) to sell. Knew a silly amount of stuff about machines, firearms, engines, and a bunch of other stuff. My sister picked a good one. Really liked the guy. They never even had a chance to get married. To top it off, I'm 1500 miles away in California until early next week.
We knew it was coming, but it still sucks. It's always too soon.

e: holy poo poo that avatar 14-inch.

gently caress cancer :(

Sorry man. Losing people in their prime sucks all kinds of rear end.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

corn in the fridge posted:

are there any depressed ppl itt who aren't in debt?

I have clinical depression and no debt that I couldn't pay off with cash in the bank. And I make a silly amount of money. It's not really that correlated.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Seems like it's turning out to be a gently caress 2015 kind of year for a lot of us AI goonies :smith:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Please no

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

BloodBag posted:

Seems like it's turning out to be a gently caress 2015 kind of year for a lot of us AI goonies :smith:

It's too early to start that poo poo again, at least let's try and get to October before we start posting "fuck2015" on every page.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Any megasquirt people in here? My buddy's car, an 87 Scirocco, has been in storage for awhile. When he pulled this ecu off to check it, it's getting no power. This one wire is loose, but he and I have no idea where it goes. Long shot I know, but eh.

Its MS2 v3.0

http://i.imgur.com/9CdUZ3n.jpg

Edit: wire is coming off the bottom of the resistor in the bottom row of the Proto box

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 18, 2015

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!
I just found out a friend of mine has died. She was diagnosed with brain cancer about 3 years ago. She died two weeks ago.

I sat on my bed and cried when i heard.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

are there any depressed ppl itt who aren't in debt?

I have a little non-critical debt (Owe my dad £4,900.) but am largely out of it.

Some people are wired up different, i am terminally miserable.

BloodBag posted:

Yep. Like every year to be honest. And just as i get on top of things, get poo poo paid off, get out of overdraft, get some money in..

Van blows its head gasket. FML.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
gently caress that you can make this year what you want

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Geirskogul posted:

Counterpoint: Somewhere in the past three days I seem to have picked up some nerve damage in my dominant arm.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I have successfully and organically goatsed 3 seperate virgins this week

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

BloodBag posted:

My 2015 is shaping up better than 2014. I got accepted into an awesome program that will get me out of this shithole job, finally started talking to a professional about what turned out to be like a mild trauma (I forget the term he used), did my UK tour for the family so now I don't have to see them for another 2-4 years, managed to get my drinking under control, and started a solid gym and diet plan.

Take care of yourselves goons. Anything you want to do is possible with a bit of effort and believing you can do it.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Geirskogul posted:

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Doing the lord's work

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

14 INCH SLIT posted:

God bless. Albeit how the gently caress are there still any goatse virgins in TYOOL 2015.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Siochain posted:

God bless. Albeit how the gently caress are there still any goatse virgins in TYOOL 2015.

There are people entering the workforce whose ages were in the single digits when goatse was "popular".

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Siochain posted:

All those fresh young minds that have never heard a modem screeching out its siren song, that can't remember an internet without youtube or bookface. They don't know.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 18, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Terrible Robot posted:

All those fresh young minds that have never heard a modem screeching out it's siren song, that can't remember an internet without youtube or bookface. They don't know.

One of them was my manager, I was showing him my pictures from the drag race and he just kept scrolling and I was like I wouldn't so that if I were you there's some poo poo on there, and he said whatever he didn't care. And I knew when he flipped far enough because he said AW DUDE WHAT THE FUUUUCK in the same way that everyone says it, then turned around and waved the phone at the guys up front.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

This girl at work is refusing to pull fiber cable because she doesn't have long sleeves on. I don't think she gets how it works...

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Comrade Flynn posted:

I have clinical depression and no debt that I couldn't pay off with cash in the bank. And I make a silly amount of money. It's not really that correlated.

haha yeah i was just joking with you guys too i am also clinically depressed

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

MustardFacial posted:

My 2015 is shaping up better than 2014. I got accepted into an awesome program that will get me out of this shithole job, finally started talking to a professional about what turned out to be like a mild trauma (I forget the term he used), did my UK tour for the family so now I don't have to see them for another 2-4 years, managed to get my drinking under control, and started a solid gym and diet plan.

Take care of yourselves goons. Anything you want to do is possible with a bit of effort and believing you can do it.

But but bourbon and self loathing! :cry:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

haha yeah i was just joking with you guys too i am also clinically depressed

I'm clinically aroused

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Adiabatic posted:

CAT INTERCEPTOR why are you making me agree with corn in the fridge. Bro.

For what it's worth I'm sorry you see the world like that, as rigidly as you do. It's gotta be hell to live in.

Having no illusions is actually very liberating. It also allows me to know that I a) have lived longer than 80% of every human that has lived and am expected to live nearly twice that again and b) extremely fortunate I live in a place where I can cycle in peace c) even if I now know I am going to have very painful knees for the rest of my life (and some days are VERY unplesant, not looking forward to how poo poo they will be in 20 years time), I'm fine with that given how comparably good I have it otherwise. So no, it's not hell to think the way I do.

Plus the great thing about the dodgy knees is that I am officially under doctor / physio orders to ride bikes.

Or maybe soon even have a good excuse to blaze if weed's pain relief is true. Is it worth looking at MMJ to help with arthritic knees?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Its what you make of it folks. Be sad and depressed or do something.

gently caress hit the pick and pulls, its only a buck to get in. Go in, find a car, and take some poo poo off of it. You don't have to buy it, just take poo poo apart - though find a car that not a sole would touch. A nice late 90's Caddy would be a good target. Find out how many head gaskets its eaten.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Plus the great thing about the dodgy knees is that I am officially under doctor / physio orders to ride bikes.

I hate knees.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The bus lives!

But there's puffs of smoke in the tailpipe :(

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Yeah 420 smoke weed for knee pain eryday.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Yeah 420 smoke weed for knee pain eryday.

I meant oil smoke and tailpipe is not an analogy for your lungs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Yeah 420 smoke weed eryday.

FTFY

2015 is fine. Record low cash, but 3rd e30 and 3rd cat.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Its what you make of it folks. Be sad and depressed or do something.

I think it's a little more complicated than this re: sadness / depression, but sometimes you do have to start somewhere.

• Locked thread