Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

xbilkis posted:

Apparently Scott posted in the Earwolf forums that they're going to be producing a season 2 of Mike Detective for Howl at some point, so I now think this is the greatest idea of all time and will pay for it until I die

Welp there we go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
People who were a little late to CBB absolutely need to listen to all of Mike Detective in one sitting.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
So I just want to be sure on this, it's impossible to subscribe unless you have an apple device?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's a desktop version at howl.fm

They said android users should just use that version on their phone until they release an app for it which is kinda ridiculous

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Also the player on the website is horrendous. As far as I can tell you can't skip to a specific part and audio controls are just mute/unmute. (And you can't download anything unless you go into the source code and find the url for the mp3 because they want to be podcast netflix)

I dunno if the player in the mobile version is any better.

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Aug 18, 2015

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

So I just want to be sure on this, it's impossible to subscribe unless you have an apple device?

You can subscribe and listen from your web browser, but like Help Im Alive said the audio player on there sucks.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So are new episodes not available on iTunes anymore, or am I not understanding.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

ArtVandelay posted:

So are new episodes not available on iTunes anymore, or am I not understanding.

New episodes of everything will be available on iTunes and all the normal sources, it's just episodes that are at least 6 months old that will be under Howl.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Tavarin posted:

New episodes of everything will be available on iTunes and all the normal sources, it's just episodes that are at least 6 months old that will be under Howl.
http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/25100-questions-for-scott-re-howl/page__st__260__p__165306#entry165306
for extra verification.

Also there's some more info on that thread in general and also this Howl megathread on reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/Earwolf/comments/3hdcun/howl_megathread/

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

They said android users should just use that version on their phone until they release an app for it which is kinda ridiculous

We know from a discussion on the show that Besser has a Samsung Galaxy, so for the first time I'm really hoping for an extended rant on I4H where he's furious that he can't listen to old episodes of his own goddamn show anymore.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Seriously what's the easiest way for me to mass download every earwolf podcast on a pc without using iTunes?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The way I gotta get these eps off the browser and on to my app-less iPod makes me feel like a cool cyber criminal.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC
Seriously what's the easiest way for me to mass download every earwolf podcast on a pc without using the software specifically designed to do this that multiple people have already explained how to use?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Monopthalmus posted:

Seriously what's the easiest way for me to mass download every earwolf podcast on a pc without using the software specifically designed to do this that multiple people have already explained how to use?

yeah

edit: the hollywood handbook ad for howl premium had a nice little bit there at the end.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

You don't even have to sign up for anything with the itunes. Just download it, install, get the episodes you want, delete it forever (but move the mp3s first, not sure if they'd remove the default folders with uninstalls)

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah that is real lame, I listen to podcasts at work and that is not a viable option for me.

The money is no issue at all since I'll happily support stuff I like but dang, it feels like they rushed it out in a way that inconveniences many.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Power of Pecota posted:

I have [all of Gelmania] on itunes, if you know what's the best method of transferring them I can help out.

I am very interested in this, too! You could probably copy everything from your iTunes folder to dropbox or mediafire or a similar service. Sending you a PM.

Orb Crabmelt fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Aug 18, 2015

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
The only thing about Howl I'm not thrilled with is that I can't use my regular podcast app. Otherwise I am 100% on board.

They just tweeted that the Android version is coming soon btw.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I'm not opposed to podcasters asking for money, but this app setup doesn't work for me. I need those MP3 downloads and RSS feeds or else I'll never be able to keep track.

I won't be signing up right away. I'll probably sign up for a month at a time now and then if there are specific things I really want to hear.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Besson posted:

People who were a little late to CBB absolutely need to listen to all of Mike Detective in one sitting.

I still laugh when I'm reminded of "The weather was like It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World...overcast."

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

I still laugh when I'm reminded of "The weather was like It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World...overcast."

Actually, thanks to the original post, I downloaded all of Mike D and I have listened to 90% of it today.

"You'd think I was a carpenter, because you'd never believe what I saw."

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

a worthy uhh posted:

For the hours of entertainment I already get, I'm going to pay for Howl whether I use it or not.

This is exactly what I want from all the media I enjoy, I don't want ads (even if sometimes they're funny) and I'd love a way to support them that isn't t-shirts and hot sauces. I think they should've done a patreon model though, let people pay per episode if they want, give bonus poo poo for contributing.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I mean maybe archives being gated is ok but I'm not downloading a podcast app other than the one I have, which currently can play every single podcast in the entire world. As far as I'm aware the Howl app lacks that critical functionality.

I use beyondpod with feedly, it's really convenient and I can keep track of what I've listened to regardless of how often I switch phones or flash a new rom. The deal breaker for me will probably be the fact that I can't just get a private/keyed RSS feed or something (even if they had an android app). Maybe they'll add that functionality at some point?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

ElCondemn posted:

This is exactly what I want from all the media I enjoy, I don't want ads (even if sometimes they're funny) and I'd love a way to support them that isn't t-shirts and hot sauces. I think they should've done a patreon model though, let people pay per episode if they want, give bonus poo poo for contributing.
Isn't that the donation model they had in place? You could donate to a show, or to the studio, one time or recurring. Bonus was random, getting a shout out or something personal from the show.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

ManoliIsFat posted:

Isn't that the donation model they had in place? You could donate to a show, or to the studio, one time or recurring. Bonus was random, getting a shout out or something personal from the show.

I never donated because I don't want a shout out or anything they provided, the bonus poo poo wasn't guaranteed and there was no incentive other than good feels. Instead I just have like 6 earwolf shirts and hot sauce and I paid for a couple of the live shows. Patreon is different because it has milestones and stuff to guarantee you're getting something for your money.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

That's a good point, a clearly defined reward system is better than "hope Sean says my name, 'PigPoopBalls'"

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Which HH episode has the script read with Hayes' daughter? The one with "SHE DOES IT."

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Which HH episode has the script read with Hayes' daughter? The one with "SHE DOES IT."

That's from the comedy bang bang episode they're on. I think.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
You know a drum sound, right? It only sound one way and that's "fakud".

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Kart Barfunkel posted:

The Hayley Huntley one is the only one with Hayes' daughter I think.

el_caballo
Feb 26, 2001
Howl app on iOS is terrible. Downloads don't stay downloaded. There's no such thing as subscribing to anything. If they don't bring out passworded RSS feeds, it's going to be a real bummer to pay for this poo poo.

Butttttt "The Complete Woman" is a pretty dope new podcast though. Amanda "Fun-buns" Lund (aka Matt Gourley's girlfriend) plus Mark McConville and everyone else. It's very SuperEgo but with a woman-creature's strange vaginal melancholy.

I may keep a premium account but delete the app and just find some way to pirate the new shows.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

The following episod was recorded before Garry Moores untimely death and contains references to him, we apologize if it comes off as insensitive.

"it feels good to breathe that sweet sweet air. That same air that Thin Lizzy guitarist Gary Moore breathes every morning of every day. Yes just like Gary Moore would probably say this very second, it's great to be alive!"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

The "CBB: The Movie" episode of CBB

el_caballo posted:

Howl app on iOS is terrible. Downloads don't stay downloaded. There's no such thing as subscribing to anything. If they don't bring out passworded RSS feeds, it's going to be a real bummer to pay for this poo poo.

I tried looking at the Howl.fm website on an iPad Monday and it wouldn't load. Great launch, team.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I checked out the earwolf reddit to see what the reaction was there and some guy that works at Earwolf said they're working on premium RSS feeds, so that's something

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

I tried looking at the Howl.fm website on an iPad Monday and it wouldn't load. Great launch, team.
Even crazier, apparently they wanted to launch Howl months ago but wanted to wait so they had time to fix bugs and add content. If they think the current status is launch-ready with already months of added bug-fixing, I can't imagine that previous version.

Paying customers beta testing a finished product :thumbsup:

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Yeah there are issues viewing on mobile. Text isn't formatted right and breaks tables constantly. Good job.

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

Holy god that new Superego "Wuthering Heights" ep available on Howl is prettay, prettay good.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

what up what up

cams
Mar 28, 2003

huh i never knew there was a something awful mention on an episode of hh (hdubs)

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

cams posted:

huh i never knew there was a something awful mention on an episode of hh (hdubs)

which ep is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's 62 in the Eh Wrong segment they did after the (painful) Pauly Shore episode

Hayes says my username