Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'm never having kids, so my dog bore the brunt of my not taking names seriously. He's Dread Pirate Roberts. I think it runs in the family because my sisters dog is Professor Sockington. If I got another dog I would call it The Six Fingered Man.

I named cat Anna-of-the-Shadows, because I have played Planescape Torment so many times... maybe I should run a planescape mafia...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Amoeba102 posted:

Skill at watching TV. :what:

It's a self-deprecating joke, but yeah. That's how my generation dates. At least, currently.

I'm sure it's just a college thing but it's really really lovely in the meantime.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Our cat is Marnie. Marnie was our go-to name when just talking about whomever. I don't think we have an equivalent in English to the delightful spanish term fulanito(a) when talking about just anybody. The French use the less fun Untel but anyway my partner and I would use the name Marnie to be a placeholder. When we got our cat, who was named Alundra for some reason, we decided that Marnie was the best way to call her. She is now also called the Marne, Marn-Barn, and Marnster. I'm happy to have a cat. It's the first pet I've ever had.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Mithross posted:

I named cat Anna-of-the-Shadows, because I have played Planescape Torment so many times... maybe I should run a planescape mafia...

Do it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

BottleKnight posted:

It's a self-deprecating joke, but yeah. That's how my generation dates. At least, currently.

I'm sure it's just a college thing but it's really really lovely in the meantime.

Dating is a lot easier once you're out of school man.

A lot easier.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm a Level 7 Browncoat/Level 3 Cumberbitch

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

CCKeane posted:

Dating is a lot easier once you're out of school man.

A lot easier.

For a while. Then everyone gets older and has kids and ex-spouses and it's just so much effort.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Cumberbitch

Why???? His face is just weird.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
As a straight man, I think Benedict Cumberbatch is quite handsome.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

For a while. Then everyone gets older and has kids and ex-spouses and it's just so much effort.

I once told the mid/late 40s lady that I was dating for a while that everyone has baggage once you get to our age and it's just a matter of how you carry it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Gael García Bernal for me. But really my ultimate man crush is David Bowie. That man was gorgeous. He's still pretty drat good looking in his older years.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

As a straight man, I think Benedict Cumberbatch is quite handsome.

As a straight man, I disagree.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
As a straight man, my list of attractive men:

The Capitalist pig

end

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

I'm going to PAX next weekend, but after that I probably will. Now that the idea is in my head I'm really interested

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

As a straight man, my list of attractive men:

The Capitalist pig

end

You're a liar if you say that you wouldn't let Harry Connick, Jr. do anything he wanted to you if he was gay.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

You're a liar if you say that you wouldn't let Harry Connick, Jr. do anything he wanted to you if he was gay.

meh, he's just some dude.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Why???? His face is just weird.

As a gay girl, I was joking

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

meh, he's just some dude.

How about Jon Hamm? He's got Ham in his name, that must count for something.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax posted:

How about Jon Hamm? He's got Ham in his name, that must count for something.

I mean, I can see why people find him attractive, but i wouldn't let him do sexual things with me because I'm not interested in penises.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Giorgio moroders version of metropolis is interesting.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Mafia thread, today I took the bus to the rear end end of grand rapids to see a movie, only to find out that it's not showing once per night but once per week, on Thursdays.

So I walked over to Aldi and got a bucket of random crap to kill time until the next bus, spent the last of my money, and now it appears that inbound buses don't stop here??

So I'm thirsty and tired and possibly stranded and really annoyed at the movie theatre because I've decided it's all the theatre's fault.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Also Benedict Cumberbatch looks like a lizard person

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
There are only two handsome men on the planet, Phil Waugh, erstwhile Wallabies flanker and Benedict Cumberbatch.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I hope Murmur Twin is okay. :ohdear:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

Hmm? Why do you think she isn't?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

I think she's fine. She was posting on facebook earlier today.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I went to pick up a package today and I thought it would be my multivitamins that I ordered online, but they're still not in. I really, really need them to get here now. I shouldn't be going without them for this long.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
...then what was in the package

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hmm? Why do you think she isn't?

She completely abandoned a game and hasn't posted on the forums since. I just checked though and it's only been 4 days. I thought it had been longer!

Asiina posted:

I think she's fine. She was posting on facebook earlier today.

Good.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

...then what was in the package

A reminder by registered mail to pay my rental insurance.

Assholes.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Gael García Bernal for me. But really my ultimate man crush is David Bowie. That man was gorgeous. He's still pretty drat good looking in his older years.

The correct answer is Paul Rudd.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Gael García Bernal for me. But really my ultimate man crush is David Bowie. That man was gorgeous. He's still pretty drat good looking in his golden years.

ftfy

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like the name Eleanor too BottleKnight

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Mm wop wop.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736397

Since there are no game accepting sign ups at the moment. Go for it.

Still a chance to sign up for my game. I'm closing sign ups in 2 days and finalising everything, it will start next week. Mate.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

US Primaries aren't for another 6 months? I guess that explains voter fatigue when the election finally rolls around.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Look Under The Rock posted:

Mafia thread, today I took the bus to the rear end end of grand rapids to see a movie, only to find out that it's not showing once per night but once per week, on Thursdays.

So I walked over to Aldi and got a bucket of random crap to kill time until the next bus, spent the last of my money, and now it appears that inbound buses don't stop here??

So I'm thirsty and tired and possibly stranded and really annoyed at the movie theatre because I've decided it's all the theatre's fault.

Aldi is pretty great at least. There used to be a vacuum store here that had 3 vacuums in front of it in the parking that I never saw anyone in that my sister decided was the American Ministry of Magic which along with a laundromat is now an aldi and it's much better. Also I feel like I've driven through Grand Rapids once but I can't remember when.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Amoeba102 posted:

US Primaries aren't for another 6 months? I guess that explains voter fatigue when the election finally rolls around.

It's loving miserable.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Amoeba102 posted:

Sometimes I get really upset that our elections are so long compared to other countries.

But for centuries the political party establishment just chose who was gonna be president. It's better to have this process, as prolonged as it is. Just so we can be hugely disappointed in whoever comes into office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

Sometimes I get really upset that our elections are so long compared to other countries.

But for centuries the political party establishment just chose who was gonna be president. It's better to have this process, as prolonged as it is. Just so we can be hugely disappointed in whoever comes into office.

I am not that sure we really have all that much control now either, but it is nice that we have to at least vet them through elections I suppose. Ones like the 2010 state legislature elections were probably more important to presidential elections than any other, and it only takes a small amount of money to influence those greatly because nobody is really that invested in them. The only thing less effective than voting is not voting so I'll probably keep doing it, but the continuous, intense focus on the least important election makes it hard for me to care much.