Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Arrr Im a Pirate posted:

Over exposed glamor shot of Napoleon

Napolean is a stunning young man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbagpipes
Apr 17, 2010
My wife and I rescued a wee black kitten about 2 months back. He was found by one of my wife's co-workers abandoned in a dumpster. A trip to the vet later, we had a 4 week old kitten.

Here is Pitou on the first evening at the house.

He quickly bonded with my dog and the two have become inseparable.

Even as a kitten, he is capable of showing catlike disdain.

The dog however keeps the cat grumbling to a minimum.

He is quite taken with the outdoors, we have been letting him wander the back yard on a leash or sit in his kennel in the evenings when we have a fire pit in the back yard.

He also seems quite accepting of water, here he is after jumping into my wife's bath. There is a kids wading pool in the backyard that he is incredibly curious about, but has yet to jump in. The dog is constantly in and out of the pool, so I imagine that it is just a matter of time

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

mcbagpipes posted:

My wife and I rescued a wee black kitten about 2 months back.

He also seems quite accepting of water, here he is after jumping into my wife's bath. There is a kids wading pool in the backyard that he is incredibly curious about, but has yet to jump in. The dog is constantly in and out of the pool, so I imagine that it is just a matter of time

I love this cat and this adorable inter species relationship

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

This is Lily and I got her back in April and could not be more happy with her. When I went to the shelter to adopt a cat, she stood out partly because she's the only cat that reached out of the cage to me and partly because she was the only black cat there. Knowing how black cats have the lowest adoption rate, I wanted to save her since she's kinda saving me too by helping with my stress :3

mcbagpipes
Apr 17, 2010

pizzadog posted:

I love this cat and this adorable inter species relationship

Our cat sitter fell thru at the last second and we ended up taking Pitou with us to Wells Gray Provincial Park and a remote recreational site while on vacation. Cat and Dog both had a lot of fun. I was incredibly skeptical about taking a 4 month old kitten on a camping trip, but it actually worked out quite well.

Here they are at Helmcken Falls.

Often times in the evenings we have been taking Pitou with us while I walk the dog in the evenings around our house. My wife has been carrying him in a small shoulder bag. Much to our surprise, once we got out on the trail and hiking he wanted down and marched along after the dog. Over the next 4 days of hiking he averaged about 6-7km per day.

After a long day of hiking both dog and cat needed a nap.

The evenings got cool in the high mountains, but Pitou was up for the challenge and managed to find warm places to sleep.

More adventures awaited on the following days, here is Pitou after a 3.5km hike into Moul Falls and a scramble hike down into the river valley.

In the late afternoon sun, he managed to find the warmest place to stay.

We spent the last two days around Deer Lake and he was quite curious about the water.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
August 17th is black cat appreciation day. Of course, since this black cat hijacked my computer, she might just be posting this to get more attention. Some black cats live hard lives because they're shunned by potential rescuers. This one slobs around all day and complains loudly when she doesn't get what she wants.

She definitely does not appreciate this.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress the black cat haters. Black cats are pretty much the loving best.

I appreciate the hell out of this black cat despite his ridiculous fur that no amount of brushing seems to be able to manage.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Snowflake's first vet trip.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What a great cat and a great holiday!

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Pixelante posted:

Snowflake's first vet trip.

So much anger. :kimchi:

Such a tiny package :swoon:

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
He's gotten a little bigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbf8uVEibVo

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
here is a pic of my black catte being cool. his name is felix and im sure there are a million other felixs itt.

beepee
Apr 29, 2010
My black cat Jonesy says hi, she is 2

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Even bigger, even weirder. Sometimes he just sits in the sink, confused by the water running off to the side while it deflects off his ear. He's so glossy it just slides off him. He's about 5 months old, I think. He's an rear end in a top hat but I deserve it for naming him Snowflake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ls6xjszM30

Fuzz Feets
Apr 11, 2009

A lot of them seem to have the one white tuft on their chests, see Exhibit A

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

beepee posted:

My black cat Jonesy says two, she is high

Those are "why are the walls melting?" eyes.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Thought you would like this. I bought this fantastic print off of Etsy. It finally made it here all the way from Poland. I love it so much.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Oh jeez that is really cute. They totally got that wide-eyed suspicious-interested-surprised kitten look.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

She really captures cat personalities so well. This one reminded me of Eben.

The shop.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ColorWatercolor/search?search_query=cat&order=date_desc&view_type=gallery&ref=shop_search

mcbagpipes
Apr 17, 2010
We found a second hand cat tree tonight on the local Kijiji. After bringing it home and cleaning it up, Pitou has a new favorite spot.

He immediately began to Cat.

Dog and Cat continue to get along really well and sleep together almost every night.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
i have a black cat

no you cant see it

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Two years ago today I got these little kittens, then known as Leia and Chewy…

Edith (Leia) was a shy one

But even by the end of the first day, she and her sister Maude (Chewy) were exploring new things

On the first night they formed a rudimentary version of catblob

Even at the beginning, the loved formin’ catblob. This is literally the morning after I got them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vH5y-qIggU

They liked my parent’s place, too!

Maude looking over my dad

Best buds

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I love eatit and mood

Also that picture with your dad is cute :3: Good kitty

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

This is from a couple months ago. He's a lot bigger now, with 100% less ringworm, but his tail is still rather long compared to the rest of him. He's also an idiot and I had to take him back to the vet after he got the handle end of a toy all the way down his oesophagus. So that brings the count to: respiratory virus, conjunctivitis, ringworm, poisoning and kidney failure, and irritated oesophagus--and bouncing back every time. I'm still struggling with his aggression, though. The ringworm kept him separate from my senior cat long enough for him to catch up to her in size, and he flying tackles her to the ground every chance he gets. He's about five months old now. May need an exorcist more than a vet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilMB5eh2pXw

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill
Those photos are awesome, Robert Denny.

freypies
Jan 6, 2014
I was reading this thread and when I went to take a walk there was a black cat that let me pet it. Coincidence? Perhaps this thread is magic?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I took the best/worst picture of Stanley-Anne today. (burst mode on my phone is hilarious)

She usually looks more like this:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Loving all these black cats. Thanks for posting them.

Those two are adorable together.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Wasn't able to make the bed today. One does not disturb a sleeping beast with such terrible fangs :3:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I had two cats pass away so now I've still got Binx, but I also have a new black fella, Salem.

Here's Binx in his infinite fatness, though:

Here's Binx as a baby because tiny black cats are best cats:

Dek
Dec 19, 2010

It Just Works™
From PYF cat pictures

Dek posted:

This is Mostro, just posing for the camera.

Nothing scapes from this look

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Protocol7 posted:

Here's Binx in his infinite fatness, though:

I too have a fat black baby named binx.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
This is Pretinha:

She is a bit of a dwarf, not much bigger than a regular kitten. But she is not only an adult cat, but also the mother of 11.

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Nov 9, 2015

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
Francis is too fat to be a true warrior.. :(

Edit:

He also likes to bother me while I'm pooping.

Prescription Combs fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Nov 13, 2015

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned
http://imgur.com/kI69tql

I'm phone posting so I don't forget since I won't be home like at all over the next week days. I wanted to share the story of my first cat, because I love that crotchety old lady a lot.

Puff was born in the spring of 1989, making her older than a good portion of goons. I wasn't even 2 years old yet, but my parents were separating. We lived with my step-uncle for a couple months, then we found our own apartment.

My earliest memory isn't any of that. It's when my mom decided I should have a pet to spend time with and took me to meet a litter of kittens. All of them were black, and we took home the one that walked up to me first.

Well it turns out that a 3 year old isn't a good mix with kittens, and she started to hate the way I carried her around with me, and tried to put her in baby clothes, and hated the sound of my crying so much she'd start slapping me in a "I'll give you something to cry about!" way.

Fortunately we found a toddler's dream cat in the alley the following Valentines Day and he became my playmate instead. Damage done with the black one, though.

I named her Puff. Sorta. My mom asked what we should name her, and I kept dancing around the kitchen saying, "Puff, puff, puff~" over and over.

Eventually we moved to another apartment and something scary happened! Puff went missing during the move, and my mom was trying her hardest to not panic. She decided that she would just tell me that she found Puff a new home since I didn't like her. Apparently I flipped out at her and demanded she bring Puff back immediately.

So my mom panicked more because she can't exactly magic up a lost cat, and she now has a pissed off toddler.

Turns out Puff hid in the wall because moving men are scary, and she came out of hiding while my mom was doing her last walk through to make sure she didn't miss anything.

For the next 8 years we existed together but tried to ignore the other was there (aside from if I was crying, which she still hated).

When I was 12 I went away for a week to have fun at space camp, and when I came home, as I was sitting on the floor unpacking, Puff walked up to me and planted herself firmly in my lap. I whimpered because I was scared of her acting different, and she shot me the meanest "shut up" look while making herself more comfortable.

We were attached at the hip for the next 6 years. She was my cuddle buddy, and my creeping out people during sleepovers buddy. She liked to sit next to new people while they slept to make sure they didn't try anything. Her hearing was starting to go too, so she was extra careful to keep an eye on me.

When she was about 16 or 17 she got into a fight with one of the other cats and got a scratch on her eye that wasn't healing. I was freaking out because another of our cats had passed suddenly only a few months before. The vet said her eye had to come out. :( My mom was just starting her tour in Iraq, so this was my first time really dealing with major vet stuff on my own.

The procedure went totally fine despite her age, and she healed up no problem while using her cone to hog the bed. She played it up to the best of her little old lady abilities, and when she healed up she proved that not only did she not need claws (mom had her declawed in the front back when I was 3), NOT ONLY did she not need all her hearing, she also didn't need to use that perfect vision bullshit, and she continued to leave mice that wandered into the wrong neighborhood under my pillow for me. We had a mouse infestation once when we found a pile of mouse bodies with teeth marks on them floating in a bowl in the sink. Never had a mouse problem since.

Shortly after my mom got back from Iraq, Puff's health started to deteriorate. Both of us were devastated. Even though we both knew that she was 18 and more than old enough to develop issues, it just felt so sudden. She went from bitching about everything (she hated waking up alone in a dark room) to being so frail we left her in the corner she chose for herself with a litter box, food, and water so she wouldn't strain herself walking too much. Shortly after she turned 19, my mom finally accepted the inevitable, and took Puff to the vet so she wouldn't have to suffer anymore. Dying with her dignity intact was the least that she deserved after living for almost 20 years.

I've written about Puff before on SA, but it's been YEARS. I don't think I've even posted here much since she died. I have and had other cats, but she was my first, and outlived the 2 we got after her, as well as our dog. She was just kinda always there in my life, so it was a hell of a shock when she just wasn't anymore.

tl;dr I love black cats, and I want another one. <3

moonsour fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Nov 24, 2015

elphiemcdork
Jan 13, 2008

This is Bilbo (or Billy) my half-Persian-short-hair half-??? male cat. He's 9 years old and is the sulkiest and soppiest cat ever.

He will poke you in bed until you get up so he can lead you into the dining room so you can watch him scratch his scratch post so he can get a treat. Because he's figured out that there's no point in doing it if no-one's there to give him a treat.

He will give you attention on his terms only. Otherwise he is not interested in you.

But he is the chirpiest boy and he will give you lots of snuggles if he deems you worthy :)

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Thank you for sharing this. Old black cats are great. I was looking to adopt this really sweet old black cat at a nearby shelter (she'd been there for a while) but just a day ago somebody finally scooped her up. Can't get too mad about it, since she deserved to be adopted as soon as possible.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgOpzhUnJyI

No longer the size of a Clif Bar. This was his last hurrah before getting neutered the next day. I put a sticky on his carrier that said, "I'm a jerk who bites really hard!" to warn the vet staff, since he's broken the skin on a vet in the past. He was one of five neuters that day, and the staff said he was the most cuddly, lovely, gentle sweetheart of the lot, and the only one that didn't bite. Of course, as soon as I let him out the carrier, he was high as a kite and tried to murder my foot. Sorry 'bout the portrait view. I forgot to turn the phone.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Spot the Cat difficulty level: Medium Hard

Spot the Cat difficulty level (with camera flash): Very Easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Couple pics of my kitties: