Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
The fist-fist weapons are okay if you're actually using them with Seismic Palm, but otherwise, the sparring weapons are a lot more fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Denzine posted:

hahahaha you forma'd an archwing weapon

SynthOrange posted:

He formad it 3 times. :negative:

Hey no Kinkshaming!

Wait... does this qualify?

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Denzine posted:

SynthOrange posted:

He formad it 3 times. :negative:

lol, I guess if I do forma anything archwing, I should just not openly admit it in forums.

P.S. which I haven't. just sayin.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Denzine posted:

SSNeoman posted:

I like Archwing.

I have forma'd my Elytron since I took these images.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

worse than space hitler

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I heard somewhere that the Sweeper is actually worth sticking a forma or two into. Is there anything to that?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The sweeper is a lovely shotgun. Do it!

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
before the shotgun buff & sweeper prime, sweeper was one of the best shotguns

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

vOv posted:

I heard somewhere that the Sweeper is actually worth sticking a forma or two into. Is there anything to that?

Sweeper prime, sure.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

SynthOrange posted:

worse than space hitler

vOv posted:

Grind out Carrier Prime from the void, then forma Carrier Prime and Sweeper Prime until you can slot maxed versions of everything.

The left numbers on sweeper is with regular point blank. It's hard to resist maxing another Primed Point Blank just for Sweeper Prime.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I loving love Archwing and I would rather take a weedwacker to my balls before formaing any of the Archwing stuff :psyduck:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

SSNeoman posted:

I have forma'd my Elytron since I took these images.

Where did you find these images of my inventory?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Gramps posted:

If only I could find a Melee that is as much fun as those two guns.
Redeemer. :hellyeah:

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I loving love Archwing and I would rather take a weedwacker to my balls before formaing any of the Archwing stuff :psyduck:

You can actually re-level them pretty quickly on Uranus survival missions. Two xp-greedy archwings, hydroid and necros can lock-down a water closet indefinitely. If the archwings are underwater, all of their shared experience will go their archwing gear. Seems way more fun than actually leveling them in AW intercepts.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Redeemer + Primed Reach :kamina:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
How does primed reach affect the redeemer?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
100k Credits, all 3 Rhino Pieces, my last Valkyr Piece and enough bits to put most of them in the oven.
Thank you for helping out a newbie newfriends :shobon:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Nalesh posted:

How does primed reach affect the redeemer?
It just affects the reach of the melee attacks. The shotgun blast isn't range limited. I don't think it tightens the spread or anything.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ugh, I wish I could punch beginner me. Yes, loving gamma colour set is a better use of your starting plat than slots! I don't suppose there's a pubby-swindling guide or something?

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
Pretty sure the Obex is Corpus-themed, so it wouldn't get a Prime. Kogake could though.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Collateral Damage posted:

It just affects the reach of the melee attacks. The shotgun blast isn't range limited. I don't think it tightens the spread or anything.

Fun fact: If you're zoomed in through another weapon/scanner when you start charging Redeemer, it will focus-fire all the pellets to the crosshair.
Shotgun blast has some severe falloff, though.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also Kestrel. Ragdoll everything.

Speaking of Kestrel, how should I mod it? Does attack speed speed up the charge for throw? I'm thinking that, range, the syndicate mod that increases speed 150% or whatever, and then damage. I enjoy doing casual stealth in solo missions, and I have gotten a few triple kills from enemies walking in a line already.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

AlphaKretin posted:

Ugh, I wish I could punch beginner me. Yes, loving gamma colour set is a better use of your starting plat than slots! I don't suppose there's a pubby-swindling guide or something?

If it makes you feel any better, I spent my starting plat on a syandana, Carrier, and the Excalibur Immortal skin :downs: looking cool is more important than utility!

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Also Kestrel. Ragdoll everything.

Speaking of Kestrel, how should I mod it? Does attack speed speed up the charge for throw? I'm thinking that, range, the syndicate mod that increases speed 150% or whatever, and then damage. I enjoy doing casual stealth in solo missions, and I have gotten a few triple kills from enemies walking in a line already.

Attack speed gets you faster charges, but that's more of a quality of life than an optimization thing. Range doesn't do anything on the throw, skip it.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Flight speed determines how far you can throw it. The faster it goes the longer it flies.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Sandweed posted:

Flight speed determines how far you can throw it. The faster it goes the longer it flies.

Oh, okay. Cool. I thought there was a flight range and also a flight speed. I was thinking attack speed so I could pop off knockdowns quicker when I need to reload and there is an ancient/heavy gunner up in my business.

How often do they do potato rewards during US prime time / evening? I remember them mostly doing them during the day.

I'm going to need two potatoes before long for my Vaykor Marelok and the twin grakatas I am going to build next.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Collateral Damage posted:

It seems the wikia is outdated in that regard then, since it says the maximum range of the charge attack is affected by reach.

Further down in the comments some guy talks about the falloff not being affected by reach mods.

I remember someone nerding out when Primed Reach first came out in regards to the Redeemer.

Llyranor
Jun 24, 2013
The game is much much better with Parkour 2.0 now. Good fun just dashing all over the place!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

My Rocket launcher Zephyr setting.

27 seconds of Turbulence with 50 energy requirement. If I remove Fleeting Expertise for Constitution that's about 42 seconds of Turbulence with about 95 energy requirement.

assemblyrequired
Jul 14, 2014

Haha ordis totally photobombed you

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

I don't have a ton of nice cards and I couldn't muster up the effort to forma my Zephyr but this seems to work just nicely for instant Tonkor blapping. 45 seconds of Turbulence for 78 power.

e: forgot to say that this was with Terminal Velocity

Ra-amun fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 19, 2015

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
No idea how Jet Stream affects Tonkor tbh. I tested with 230% power and it seems to bounce off but at 250% it explodes.

E: wikia says 236% without Terminal Velocity.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Aug 19, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey, did the shotgun buff go across the board to all shotgun like effects, like secondary shotguns and the redeemer, or only primaries?

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

SynthOrange posted:

Hey, did the shotgun buff go across the board to all shotgun like effects, like secondary shotguns and the redeemer, or only primaries?

Primaries only, also minus the Phage.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Vendictus Prime posted:

Primaries only, also minus the Phage.

That brings up a question for me. I bought the Phage way back when Shotties were still bad because I was trying to do this whole "No Physical Damage/Elemental Madness" thing with my Valkyr and her Dual Ichors. Everyone said the Phage was like super good and stuff but I never quite got how it was supposed to work.

I get that it focuses in when you Aim, but I never understood what made it such an amazing thing that it out of every other shotgun in the game at the time was "good". And now it also didn't get buffed, so am I just missing something?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's a beam weapon that uses shotgun mods. Multishot gives you more beams.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Crono S. Magnum posted:

That brings up a question for me. I bought the Phage way back when Shotties were still bad because I was trying to do this whole "No Physical Damage/Elemental Madness" thing with my Valkyr and her Dual Ichors. Everyone said the Phage was like super good and stuff but I never quite got how it was supposed to work.

I get that it focuses in when you Aim, but I never understood what made it such an amazing thing that it out of every other shotgun in the game at the time was "good". And now it also didn't get buffed, so am I just missing something?

You tickle the enemy to death. If that's not your thing then I dunno.

I made the discovery of the glory that is hammers last night. Like, I used to use the Jat Kittag for a while when it first came out but not recently. Especially right after Melee 2.0 where you couldn't bat homerun enemies with the Fragor. I don't know when they changed it but now hammers consistently smack enemies to the wall on the far end of the map. It's pure joy running into a group of enemies and go bowling with them with a slide swing. It really feels like a wonderfully powerful weapon, much like slash weapons slicing enemies in half.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Crono S. Magnum posted:

When you focus the beams and have multishot, it does stupid amounts of damage. There isn't a hidden effect that makes it crazy.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Since buildchat is going on again, I'm working on a maximum Chaos Dunk build for Oberon and would appreciate some pointers. I want to slam jam as hard as I can, as often as I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Fake Edit: ^^^I don't mean this as a jab at you, by the way
A thought occurs: rather than me and others constantly pestering the thread for goon advice, would there be any interested a communal Google Doc of advice for weapons and Warframes? Just little bits on each thing like:

Attica
+Lowish Mastery req
+Staples people to walls
+Breaks Thunderbolt :getin:
-Reload time
-Other weapons are better at it's job
Build for:
•Fire Rate
•Thunderbolt
(I have no idea if any of this is true)

It could be a good place to pool advice without cluttering the thread. What do you all think?