Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Why does nintendo mandate a demo usage thing anyways. There's no reason for it at all.

When I was a kid I would play those dumb PS1 demo discs over and over even though the demos usually sucked and only let you play for like 2 minutes

Maybe kids still do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
yeah the number of usage is up to the developers according to nintendo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Help Im Alive posted:

When I was a kid I would play those dumb PS1 demo discs over and over even though the demos usually sucked and only let you play for like 2 minutes

The 30 limit most demos have has to really only affect cases like this.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sega was smart to limit it to 1 play, due to the high demand for moe in the United States.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

homeless snail posted:

Sega was smart to limit it to 1 play, due to the high demand for moe in the United States.

Well the 1 play limit is apparently only affecting the european demo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Volt Catfish posted:

Well the 1 play limit is apparently only affecting the european demo
Uh yeah exactly, the demand is so high they had to redirect european moe supply to satisfy us.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Awesome! posted:

probably scared of making a demo people want to play forever like that battlefield 1942 demo
Or the Bravely Default demo which is better than buying the actual game

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Picross 3D 2, motherfuckers! HAL-developed, and there's an Amiibo logo on the website... Out in Japan on October 1: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bbpj/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNunPyEhQv8

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Aug 19, 2015

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Picross 3d 2, motherfuckers! HAL-developed, and there's an Amiibo logo on the website... Out in Japan on October 1: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bbpj/index.html

AHHHHHHHHHH

Picross 3D is the best picross game nintendo's ever made, this is going to be amazing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Oh my god.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Quest For Glory II posted:

Or the Bravely Default demo which is better than buying the actual game

Bravely Default and EO4 are the only demo's I've played more than once in the last 15 years or so. It's stupid to have a demo play limit, but at the same time it's rarely ever a big deal.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Picross amiibo. Lmao.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Picross 3D 2, motherfuckers! HAL-developed, and there's an Amiibo logo on the website... Out in Japan on October 1: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bbpj/index.html

hell yes

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It's getting a retail release in Japan for ~$25-30, but I wonder how it will release in NA. I guess I could see it getting a retail release too since Crosswords Plus got one.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Holy poo poo yes. I always hoped this day would come.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

homeless snail posted:

Picross amiibo. Lmao.

It probably uses other Amiibo to generate levels, like Mario Amiibo generating a level of his head or something.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Oh poo poo this better come out in Europe this time. Been waiting forever for more Picross and not tiny eshop stuff.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

gently caress yeah. Picross 3D never leaves my 3DS.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Picross 3D is pretty much my favourite puzzle game I've ever played. I will buy the sequel with the greatest haste.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The NFC Amiibo scanner pedestal for those who can't/won't upgrade to an n3DS has a release date (at least in Australia) - October 3rd.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
that's my birthday buy me gifts

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Hell yeah Picross 3D owns. I still need to pick up the regular picross games on the eshop, but at this point i'm hoping they might release them all in one larger collection? Probably not happening....

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Crossposting from the SK thread since is relevant

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

A lot of news for the lucky eurogoons

First, an unboxing of the Shinobi and Happy Boobs Editions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxCxuiE2QWA

Second and most importantly, an schedule of all DLC:

quote:

Allow us to talk about post-launch support! In total we have three “Additional Chapter” Add-On Content planned as well as one “Character” Add-On Content.

The first to be launched, on the 27th August, will be the Character Add-On Content featuring the devilishly handsome Murasame! If you played SENRAN KAGURA BURST and you have save-data present on your Nintendo 3DS, you will be able to import your save and unlock this Add-On Content for FREE. However, if you didn’t have the chance to play SENRAN KAGURA BURST, you can pick this character Add-On Content up for £4.49/€4.99.

The Additional Chapter Add-On Content come in three entirely different flavours, titled ‘Waist Deep’, ‘Hipster’ and ‘Busticated’ – each containing five missions, as well as a plethora of weapons, illustrations, backgrounds, clothes, hairstyles and more! ‘Waist Deep’ follows the hijinks of Mirai as she afflicts the SK girls with a certain “ailment” in her quest for a bigger bust – ‘Hipster’ looks to an alternate reality as Hanzo battle a world dominating HEBIJO in a bullet hell-like setting with a SENRAN KAGURA twist. Finally ‘Busticated’ follows Asuka and Mirai’s quest to achieve their most dream bust sizes, completion of this jovial story arc will reward you with a certain “modifier” in the Dressing Room!

Release Schedule:
Each Add-On Content pack is priced at £4.49/€4.99 or similar in your local Nintendo eShop Currency:

27/08/2015 – Murasame Character Add-On Content

03/09/2015 – ‘Waist Deep’ Additional Chapter & Items

17/09/2015 – ‘Hipster’ Additional Chapter & Items

01/10/2015 – ‘Busticated’ Additional Chapter & Items

Also the different ways the game will available post-launch

quote:

Perhaps now that you’re a little sated after seeing the unboxing video, (and we hope to see your own unboxing come launch!) SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson will be launching on the 27th August, 2015 for £24.99/€29.99 on the Nintendo eShop – alternatively we have the physical version available on our own Marvelous Store, and the Standard Edition also available on Amazon at launch (although without the lovely art-cards!)

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Regular Picross is better than Picross 3D but im stil lexcited.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Help Im Alive posted:

Back in those days the free shareware episode of most games was better than the rest of the episodes you'd get for paying for the thing, too.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

hell yeah fuckin' dope I never did beat all of Picross 3D but that game owns a lot and I'll definitely pay for another one

I think I prefer 2D picross overall but picross is picross and I can never have enough. I still need to buy the picross e games, too. I have 1 and 2 which I've beaten and I am replaying 1 because I need something on the bus, but I still should get the ones from 3 onwards. Also mario's picross is good too I beat that.

picross is good

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

So I'm a decent bit into Xenoblade Chronicles (just cleared the mine), and it just kind of dawned on me...I don't really like it that much. I'm pretty disappointed. I like the setting, but the combat isn't really grabbing me, and having to go clear back to the starting zone to make gems is annoying.

Maybe I'll go back to it later, but I'm surprised. I thought I was really going to like it. Maybe not the best thread for this, but the 3ds Xenoblade thread is dead. Did any of you feel the same way about it?

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

raditts posted:

Back in those days the free shareware episode of most games was better than the rest of the episodes you'd get for paying for the thing, too.

Knee-Deep in the Dead... *sighs wistfully*

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I actually just started playing Xenoblade a little over a week ago and I'm almost done because I like it a lot. I don't even really care for RPGs but I've been hooked pretty hard. Setting is sick, music is sick, combat is sick if you find a character you gel with.

You know you can fast travel, right? You can literally fast travel right to the gem man's stall to make gems. Also later in the game you can complete some sidequests to get a portable gem furnace. Also gems aren't even really that important as I have made less than ten gems in my lifetime and I'm coasting entirely on the gems I've picked up either through sidequests or by filling out the collectopaedia.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Emron posted:

So I'm a decent bit into Xenoblade Chronicles (just cleared the mine), and it just kind of dawned on me...I don't really like it that much. I'm pretty disappointed. I like the setting, but the combat isn't really grabbing me, and having to go clear back to the starting zone to make gems is annoying.

Maybe I'll go back to it later, but I'm surprised. I thought I was really going to like it. Maybe not the best thread for this, but the 3ds Xenoblade thread is dead. Did any of you feel the same way about it?

I liked it, but it's pretty overhyped as far as being "the best JRPG ever" goes. The combat system is pretty hit-or-miss with its MMO-like nature. Though for the record at some point in the game you'll get notified by the game about a quest to get a portable gem maker, after which you'll no longer have to warp back to Colony 9 to forge gems.

Also the Xenoblade Chronicles X thread works fine for questions about Xenoblade Chronicles. Most people in that thread don't care about the game it's titled after anyways.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Kaubocks posted:

I actually just started playing Xenoblade a little over a week ago and I'm almost done because I like it a lot. I don't even really care for RPGs but I've been hooked pretty hard. Setting is sick, music is sick, combat is sick if you find a character you gel with.

You know you can fast travel, right? You can literally fast travel right to the gem man's stall to make gems. Also later in the game you can complete some sidequests to get a portable gem furnace. Also gems aren't even really that important as I have made less than ten gems in my lifetime and I'm coasting entirely on the gems I've picked up either through sidequests or by filling out the collectopaedia.

I'll probably give it another try later on. Is it possible to fast travel across zones? I'd been warping to entrances, zoning, warping, etc which was pretty annoying.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Emron posted:

I'll probably give it another try later on. Is it possible to fast travel across zones? I'd been warping to entrances, zoning, warping, etc which was pretty annoying.

If you open up the menu, then select "maps", you'll have a selection of every area you've been in to quick travel to.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Emron posted:

You can fast travel to any landmark you come across. For example, in Colony 9, you can travel to the entrance, but if you want to be closer to the commercial district, fhen travel to Gem Man's Stall or if you have quests to do over at the Military District, you can fast travel to there. I highly advise playing with a map of the various areas open so you don't miss out on landmarks.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Also they eventually give you a gem crafter that you can use on the go and the gameplay is better with a full party you can try different team combinations with.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Also they eventually give you a gem crafter that you can use on the go and the gameplay is better with a full party you can try different team combinations with.

Don't keep using Shulk. Seriously. After the fourth character joins swap around a bit.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

mabels big day posted:

One of Xenoblade's biggest flaws imo is how long it takes until you can actually play around with party composition. It takes until you get to Makna Forest, really. Until you get there the game hands you these options:
-Just Shulk and Reyn until partway into Gaur Plains
-Shulk, Reyn, and a healer in a game a healer isn't that useful and who has no Chain Attack synergy with the first two
-Shulk, Reyn and Dunban, who have much better synergy than the previous party and is fun to play, but this is doubling up on tanks

And even then it can feel limiting in some ways once you realize that the AI straight-up can't use a few of the characters properly.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I never really thought about it until you mentioned it, but it is pretty much true that the two members with the most diversity/utility to their potential roles and slots in the battle team are the last two you get. Still, even though Dunban is a great dodge tank, you can still kit him out so that the AI uses him as a passable damage dealer instead, making that Shulk/Dunban/Reyn early game configuration less painful to use than you make it out to be.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I never really thought about it until you mentioned it, but it is pretty much true that the two members with the most diversity/utility to their potential roles and slots in the battle team are the last two you get. Still, even though Dunban is a great dodge tank, you can still kit him out so that the AI uses him as a passable damage dealer instead, making that Shulk/Dunban/Reyn early game configuration less painful to use than you make it out to be.

I'm not saying Shulk/Reyn/Dunban isn't fun to use, because it is, I just think how they roll out party members is a bit odd looking back. I guess it'd make more sense if Sharla was a less boring party member.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Can I really not change the button prompt colors to match the Playstation ones in Project Mirai demo? I'm 100% lost with these Nintendo colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Zat posted:

Can I really not change the button prompt colors to match the Playstation ones in Project Mirai demo? I'm 100% lost with these Nintendo colors.

What a strange thing to complain about.