Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I wish they would take all of the ideas from Heroes and put it into Xenoverse 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I wish they would take all of the ideas from Heroes and put it into Xenoverse 2.

They probably will.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

facebook jihad posted:

This is not true in any way shape or form, unless you're really into annoying goof ball comedy characters.

Trunks has actually changed a bit. He and Goten started off almost indistinguishable and like a bad retelling of Krillen and Goku, but now they are a GOOD retelling of Krillen and Goku, especially since the Krillen half of the equation is just an exact mix of Bulma and Vegeta in personality.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Xenoverse 2 just needs to be MORE. More everything. Crazy conflicts, better costumes, more character building options.. I hate that you were railroaded into the same outfits by the end of the game. Let me change the colors of everything and I'd be happy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Xenoverse just needs guaranteed drops

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ImpAtom posted:

They probably will.

yeah this seems like an easy set-up for what towa will be doing in Xenoverse 2

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Honestly I'd love some what-if scenarios for the original Dragon Ball. Let me train under Master Roshi with Goku and Krillen dammit!

Tae posted:

Xenoverse just needs guaranteed drops

This.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
If Heroes is supposed to be kind of canon, I'm looking forward to them explaining all the saiyans running around in Super.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
a monkey man turns blonde when his bald friend explodes this over simplification is so fun let's do this forever

also Oolong ate a sausage in the new ep

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
All I really have left to do with my Dragon Ball Parallels game is organise and clarify the GM side of things, after which it'll be ready to playtest. I'm tentatively thinking some time next week at around 7pm UTC, but it'd depend on who'd be able to make that time.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

SirKibbles posted:

If Heroes is supposed to be kind of canon, I'm looking forward to them explaining all the saiyans running around in Super.

Heroes laughs at the concept of "canon."

It's literally a cardgame for arcades. Everything about it is going nuts with ideas that didn't come up in other games or any variant of the anime or manga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dca1_4EP1zk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aCQgTruNLw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4hg91rGDhw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH8BxHvhll4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m21qL33D0g

"Episode of Bardock" was literally just a tie-in to the games, first given a manga, then OVA adaptation of that manga. Really.

StrifeHira fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 19, 2015

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Squallege posted:

Dragon Ball Heroes seems like such a cluster gently caress but I want that craziness to come to the West.

Heroes sounds like every kid's made up arc all coexisting at the same time. I wish it was more interesting then a card game.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
In a way, Heroes is a better Xenoverse than Xenoverse, in concept only.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Gotenks :syoon:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

DB Heroes has the market cornered on fanwank self-insert bullshit like your OC saiyan teaming up with SSJ3 Bardock and adult Gotenks to fight SSJ4 Broly, but Xenoverse is better because it's an actual game with engaging gameplay and a story and stuff.

I bet Xenoverse 2 will start pulling from DBH though. It'll just try to give it some larger story context.

If DBO/DBH/DBX stuff starts showing up in Super though I'd be really surprised, it all is just "heres the guys you know from movies with new forms punching eachother across space and time" and that has no appeal to casual viewers, its just a hardcore DB nerd jerkoff thing.

(i want to see teen/adult gotenks though)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Xenoverse really needs to just copy Heroes on story structure for the next game. It had a really good premise but never really used it to its full extent (Bardock vs Broly was by far the greatest moment of time fuckery and even that barely compares to the most normal of the insane poo poo in Heroes). It also needs to fix the terrible drop system, make Ultimate Finishes not RNG-based, and in fact remove RNG entirely from the game because it manages to hurt what otherwise would be a far better game.

Also more haircuts, please. And have them change while going Super Saiyan.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Do note that Xenoverse already HAS taken elements from Heroes: the entirety of the Freeza clan folks showed up in Heroes first, and a number of the outfits for that race are based on the DBH avatars.

Which just means that Xenoverse2 needs Bio-androids and Kais and it'll be caught up on the races.

Also note that Time Patrol Trunks in Heroes is classified as "Trunks: Xeno."

So Super Saiyan 3 might be a thing for him come next game.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Blaze Dragon posted:

Xenoverse really needs to just copy Heroes on story structure for the next game. It had a really good premise but never really used it to its full extent (Bardock vs Broly was by far the greatest moment of time fuckery and even that barely compares to the most normal of the insane poo poo in Heroes). It also needs to fix the terrible drop system, make Ultimate Finishes not RNG-based, and in fact remove RNG entirely from the game because it manages to hurt what otherwise would be a far better game.

Also more haircuts, please. And have them change while going Super Saiyan.

Never got that they made a Dragonball fighting game where the engine couldn't handle transformations, that's like the number 1 thing you should focus on in a DBZ game.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The setting stuff is there from Heroes, and the overall plot structure, but the actual events seem to only rarely live up to the full extent of the insane poo poo you could pull. Seeing both Vegeta and Nappa as Oozaru was cool, though it didn't matter in the fight, and fighting a dark-powered-up Mr Satan was rad, but again, these moments were in the minority.

I want more of the weird alternate timeline poo poo. Like that one dude who was dealing with a splinter timeline where there was a three way war on Earth between the Red Ribbon Army, King Piccolo and Babidi's forces.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Basically I want Cell to have access to the Big Gete Star. That's what I want. Also they find a secret chest full of Potaras for everyone and I dunno Janemba fights Bojack over the Hirudegarn music box. Just dragon ball canon mad libs. That's what I want for Xenoverse 2. Skyrim style random quests. Oh no! $CHAR1 and $CHAR2 are fighting for control of $TREASURE at $LOCATION! Defeat them both and keep it safe!"

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Oh no! GARLIC JR and EMPEROR PILAF are fighting over PUDDING at INSIDE MAJIN BUU! Defeat them both and keep it safe!

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Kelp Plankton posted:

Oh no! GARLIC JR and EMPEROR PILAF are fighting over PUDDING at INSIDE MAJIN BUU! Defeat them both and keep it safe!

How did you get the script for the next movie??

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Oh no! Majin Buu has absorbed Beerus the Destroyer and Whis! Cower in fear!

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 19, 2015

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

sharktamer posted:

a monkey man turns blonde when his bald friend explodes this over simplification is so fun let's do this forever

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Why didn't Goku just go into the hyperbolic time chamber to heal from his heart disease in time to get better and easily destroy the first two androids and stop them from activating 17 and 18?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Marky Marx posted:

Why didn't Goku just go into the hyperbolic time chamber to heal from his heart disease in time to get better and easily destroy the first two androids and stop them from activating 17 and 18?

Toriyama hadn't thought up that plot point yet.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Marky Marx posted:

Sounds like a waste of good tension bulding

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

sharktamer posted:

"I taste delicious."

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Marky Marx posted:

What, and not have a fair fight? Are you insane?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Goku doesn't want to save the earth he wants to have a good time

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm so glad the latest movie finally calls out on Goku's bullshit

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I also don't think Goku had the kind of heart disease you "get better from," though I guess he could keep horking down senzus whenever he felt the twinge.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Also staying long in the hyperbolic time chamber is bad for your health, or so they say to have an excuse not to abuse it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Nessus posted:

I also don't think Goku had the kind of heart disease you "get better from," though I guess he could keep horking down senzus whenever he felt the twinge.

Senzu beans make it worse, for some reason.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Obviously the senzu bean healed goku but didn't restore his immune system so he just got back to square 1 really fast.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Covok posted:

Senzu beans make it worse, for some reason.

It makes his heart literally stronger causeing the arrhythmia to become more intense.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Wife question: Why don't they just attack Frieza while he's standing there powering up? The only in-universe answer I could give is that if someone is charging ki would create a barrier around the them and an attack would just be wasted. Real answer is for dramatic tension I'm sure, just didn't know if there was any other in-universe explanation..

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Well here's a really dumb "scientific" explanation that might apply.

Athough another partial answer is cause Vegeta goaded him into doing it on purpose and at that point in time no one was gonna risk pissing him off?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
There have been times when they attack people while they are transforming or powering up, but the only times this seem to happen is when the heroes heavily outstrip the badguys in terms of power.

Also, the transformations look to last longer than they actually are, because all characters in DBZ see everything in slow-motion, just look at the fight between Yamcha and Saibaman. Piccolo chastises Gohan for not being able to follow the battle everyone else follows with relative ease. But at no other point is the action happening faster than we can see it, because it is being slowed down for our sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Thanks guys.

They sure seem long enough for Piccolo to grunt and say "His power is enormous" over and over.

Has anyone kept a counter of how many times Vegeta said "Super Saiyan" before anyone actually became a Super Saiyan?

• Locked thread