Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Khako posted:

https://twitter.com/GodsofSkyforge

Their new update is 8:30 pst.

I clicked on that link and now it says that it's back.

Immediately logged in, in queue 203...

e: Russiagame lives

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Aug 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I'm in as Literally Yourdad.

Seems interesting so far and I dig the outfits.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
On as Elysia Solis. Tried to message someone in-game, but I think they were offline or away. I tried this game during the alpha and liked it, but been busy with FFXIV since. Like to try and place this a bit now that things have cooled down a little.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Ive been busy this weekend so I havent had much time to log in and collect people.

Irate Drinkfist (SA Drinkfist)
Lewtt Gingrich (SA Lewtt)
Erich Zann (SA Liberatore)
Korben Dallas
Anat Hadad (SA Lawlicaust)

This is the list of people that can invite. You can catch us on mumble usually.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Drinkfist posted:

Ive been busy this weekend so I havent had much time to log in and collect people.

Irate Drinkfist (SA Drinkfist)
Lewtt Gingrich (SA Lewtt)
Erich Zann (SA Liberatore)
Korben Dallas
Calm Lawlicaust (SA Lawlicaust)

This is the list of people that can invite. You can catch us on mumble usually.

Corrected.

And the chat system has issues so mumble really is your best bet. Don't be some weirdo that is afraid to get a voice chat with Internet people because 1) Drinkfist sounds goofier than any of you Motherfuckers could hope to sound and 2) your imaginary girl friend already thinks you're a loser, mumble won't make it worse.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Aug 18, 2015

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Lawlicaust posted:

Corrected.

And the chat system has issues so mumble really is your best bet. Don't be some weirdo that is afraid to get a voice chat with Internet people because 1) Drinkfist sounds goofier than any of you Motherfuckers could hope to sound and 2) your imaginary girl friend already thinks you're a loser, mumble won't make it worse.

On the contrary, Mumble makes everything worse.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
The only voice chat I've ever been on that hasn't been terrible and full of sexist/racist assholes is the GOKU mumble.

boho posted:

On the contrary, Mumble makes everything worse.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Drinkfist I'm not sure if you saw my message but I'm away for the next 10 days on vacation so I won't be on. Don't kick me!

Also, I seem to clear the solo adventures as Archer in pretty much the exactly predicted time. I'm 5.4k prestige with no Symbols or anything from other classes. Am I bad or is this normal? Kiting bosses is what takes me the longest usually.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I don't plan on doing any inactivity kicks this week. It looks like we are going to need to do another guild expansion so we need to fleece the goon population of it's money again soon. poo poo is expensive now but on the bright side the Russians got a big update to how their pantheons work so I am looking forward to that.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Slaan posted:

The only voice chat I've ever been on that hasn't been terrible and full of sexist/racist assholes is the GOKU mumble.

The mumble server we use is incredibly racist. It forces poor innocent goons to choose between Russia game, China game or America game.

Mr Drinkfist - Tear down this wall!

Edit - googled for goku mumble to find out how we can be more accommodating to all forms of goon and came up with this

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11410661/6/Animal-Instincts

quote:

"No.." I heard Goku mumble "Not him... He's supposed to be dead". Bulma looked at Goku with pity

he was having a nightmare but she couldn't wake him, not when he was so tired as it is. "No...No!...NO!" Goku started thrashing about knocking the

sleeping Vegeta off the couch, luckily Vegeta didn't wake up.

While we haven't tried reciting DBZ fanfiction to be a more welcoming community I am almost positive I can persuade grithok and gerblederp to re enact this scene as goku and vegeta.

Anal Papist fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 18, 2015

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Drinkfist I'm not sure if you saw my message but I'm away for the next 10 days on vacation so I won't be on. Don't kick me!

Also, I seem to clear the solo adventures as Archer in pretty much the exactly predicted time. I'm 5.4k prestige with no Symbols or anything from other classes. Am I bad or is this normal? Kiting bosses is what takes me the longest usually.

For your prestige, symbols, chapels, etc that is normal. Once you have 2x Ultimate Strength/Mobilization, 2x Maximum Recoil, the Archer symbol, 6/7 blue chapels and (if you don't already) optimized rings, you will see your boss killing speed increase dramatically.

Your play style and build may also be a factor, but I don't know enough about Archer to comment on that.

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

Always be yourself, unless you can be Batman.
hey lib, what symbols should i be going for on my kinetic? also is temper any good? been stacking the gently caress out of that

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Temper is good if you're doing a valor build which was mentioned to be good at some vague point but for starters people usually go for strength/luck crushing blow/crit/accuracy because it simply works with everything. So if you have to ask no, temper is probably terrible for you.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 18, 2015

Bushwhacked
Oct 4, 2008

Ah-cha-ch-ch-cha-cha...

I'm probably just dumb, but how did the guy above me win with 4-2? And yes, this was a ridiculous all tank battle.

Eerkik
Feb 13, 2010
Played with a friend last night (first time playing the game anything but solo) and it was a ton of fun. Once I hit 2 or 3k prestige gonna try and join the goon pantheon, just takes awhile because I work too drat much. I wish there was some sort of melee dps starter with out founders pack, because both of us were paladins so everything took awhile. Said friend doesn't really like tanking, he just wants to be melee. I had threat a good amount of the time (probably should have had it all the time because I have blame and he doesn't, not sure why some bosses would switch to him when we both have p much the same build minus him having blame, I'm still 1.1k prestige and he has 800 or so). The ascension atlas is loving awesome even if a little daunting. I'm trying to beeline to berserker but I can't decide if I wanna take a detour to slayer just to unlock it or come back to it later to try it. Paladin is fun as gently caress and after I unlock berserker I might just say gently caress it and stay tanking. But I also want to try knight tanking because the op makes that sound super fun. Thinking about it, every single class sounds like a ton of fun (besides lightbringer and I could be wrong about that). This is going to suck up all my free time. Hell I just bought a evga GTX 750ti card because of this game, and premium

This game is way too fun and addicting. Hopefully this isn't just the honeymoon period. Can't wait to try actual group dungeons and pvp. I still need to get the hang of shielding / bubble timing against fights, hopefully that will get easier once I have a card that can keep me at a steady framerate. As it is I've optimized so I'm at 20fps for most times, sometimes dropping or in hub 10-15. I could fix it by tinkering with the 3d imaging but it makes the game so ugly

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I see that the order system has a web portal, like Neverwinter has for professions. Has anyone bothered writing a script for botting it like Neverwinter did, or is it just not worth it?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

AmiEsiM posted:

hey lib, what symbols should i be going for on my kinetic? also is temper any good? been stacking the gently caress out of that

Get the Archer, alchemist, paladin, max recoil, ultimate strength, and lacerating wounds symbols.

You want to go strength/luck with crushing blow, accuracy and crit. All your supports are going strength luck and they give 20% of their stats to others in a radius.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Liberatore posted:

For your prestige, symbols, chapels, etc that is normal. Once you have 2x Ultimate Strength/Mobilization, 2x Maximum Recoil, the Archer symbol, 6/7 blue chapels and (if you don't already) optimized rings, you will see your boss killing speed increase dramatically.

Your play style and build may also be a factor, but I don't know enough about Archer to comment on that.

Pretty sure I'm playing the class 100% correctly from the guides I've read but yeah there's also a few skills I've yet to unlock. Anyway, thanks for the help! Really appreciate the insight you always have to provide.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Bushwhacked posted:

I'm probably just dumb, but how did the guy above me win with 4-2? And yes, this was a ridiculous all tank battle.

Look at some of the zero kill people. They are getting points, probably for assists/percent of damage done. The other guy has more points than you and no one got to 10 kills so the win goes to highest points.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Bushwhacked posted:

if you chill in the middle of lugran you can win by just getting enough stacks of whatever buff is there instead of fighting

don't say russia forced you to be a war god

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

AmiEsiM posted:

If you're going Valor/Luck then Crit. Chance > Temper for your stats (chapels, rings) and you want Mobilization and Maximum Recoil. The priority class symbols (besides Kinetic, of course) are Paladin and Alchemist. Archer, Berserker (solo only), Slayer (group only) are also good. Most other class symbols are decent and there's no immediate reason to not use them if you finish that particular class.

There are numerous other good symbols, like Element of Surprise and Rapid Attack, so just go for anything that looks good.

With that said, most people prefer Strength/Luck. Theoretically Strength is a bit better than Valor due to Crushing Blow but because you can get Crit. Chance on those chapels the difference isn't large enough, and is more of a personal preference. If you can cap Crit. Chance and get 50%+ Accuracy Strength/Luck will pull ahead pretty quickly, and for some classes the upcoming Crushing Blow symbol will be a lot better than the Valor one, for others it'll be the opposite.

If you plan on ever playing Gunner, one of their buffs benefits from Strength.

Anal Papist posted:

Look at some of the zero kill people. They are getting points, probably for assists/percent of damage done. The other guy has more points than you and no one got to 10 kills so the win goes to highest points.

You don't get points from assists or damage done, only kills. Those points are coming from standing in the middle of the zone.

Autarkeia
May 24, 2005
He's whittlin' on a piece of wood. I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin'... Somethin's gonna happen.
There is nothing more rewarding than failing your construction mission twice in a row with 92% success chance....

Being the part time casual player I've been skipping over PvP and focusing on just advancing my godhood but maxed out Pally the other day so thought I'd give it a try, 3v3 mind you. Made sure to change my talents over so I was maxing out stuns and shields. Went in and wrecked face. Witch, Archer, Slayer... whatever. Made sure to keep my Lightbinder in sight and just knocked down or disrupted anyone focusing our dps guy. Kinda fun being a tank and having a drastic effect on the outcome of the match. Only point I lost was when I let myself get separated from whatever group I was with, they get killed then comes the long slow slog to whittle me down. Being so hard to kill had to be the high point. I know i'm gonna die but it's going to take your team over a minute to kill me.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Liberatore posted:

You don't get points from assists or damage done, only kills. Those points are coming from standing in the middle of the zone.

Anytime I get a Ring/Tablet in Lugran this is all I do as a Paladin, and then I run around the middle pillar if someone tries to attack me

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Is there a decent "oh God I just started this game what the hell are all these new systems and things?" resource? I are a paladin dudeguy that I plan on turning into a bigsword fightyguy.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Saxophone posted:

Is there a decent "oh God I just started this game what the hell are all these new systems and things?" resource? I are a paladin dudeguy that I plan on turning into a bigsword fightyguy.

I'm essentially doing the same thing so if you don't hear from someone more knowledgable than me, feel free to PM me in game (Ristoph Amirus) later on.

Dazh
Jul 9, 2008
Things that I didn't realize until a few days of playing that I don't think were explicitly mentioned by the game/people seem to overlook from what I've been seeing spammed in chat:
  • The lightning bolt above your dash charges is your Impulse Charges. When you've got a charge, and you use an ability that utilizes it, it boosts the damage of that attack by a fuckton. For paladin this mostly means the right click part of your combos(L>R, L>L>R, L>L>L>R) and your zappy beam(4)

• You can see the whole list of regions/squads missions/etc. by going to the bottom right corner of the globe screen and clicking the magnifying glass over the grid. This is particularly useful for:

• When you click on a squad mission sometimes it'll say CLASS NAMEx2 on the info screen that pops up right above where it says your rewards. If you solo the mission by pressing launch you can choose to use the class listed with a preset build equipped and you get bonus rewards. It's a pretty cool way to try out classes other than the first three in a real scenario instead of the crappy training thing you go through eventually. This was mentioned a few pages ago I think but it's worth mentioning again I M O.

• Don't bother doing Saiban Archipelago with a group. Most pubbies can't wrap their heads around the third boss and just gently caress it up over and over again. Just solo it if you want to do it, it's easy.

• I think it's pretty safe to just use those purple pills with the spark multipliers in them as soon as you get them so go wild.

• There's a weekly cap on most of your progression currency. It took me all week to hit it for most of my things with the three days of premium I got in the story quests, but I imagine it gets easier to hit cap as you get stronger and do harder things. I'm pretty sure the rate I'm getting currencies now is a lot faster than the first few days I played.
That's all I can think of right now.

edit: Oh and Paladin is pretty cool and good. I originally started out as Cryomancer and I'm enjoying this way more. Lightning bolts and being basically unkillable has a very godlike feel to it.

edit2: vvv I was not aware. Good to know.

Dazh fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 18, 2015

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Dazh posted:

[*] I think it's pretty safe to just use those purple pills with the spark multipliers in them as soon as you get them so go wild.

some people prefer to sell them

you get argents from that, that's pretty useful

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Free argents are a lot more useful than a couple hundred sparks.

Asilack
Apr 23, 2008

So I'm going to poopsock my way to Gunner tomorrow when the limits are reset. Anyone know any guides or have tips for the Gunner, like which stats I should prioritize for it if I'm gonna have it as my main forever.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Asilack posted:

So I'm going to poopsock my way to Gunner tomorrow when the limits are reset. Anyone know any guides or have tips for the Gunner, like which stats I should prioritize for it if I'm gonna have it as my main forever.

You need the skill that turns your lock on missiles into scatter missiles because it deals it's scatter damage to the main target as well making it effectively double damage. Also I think concussion rounds are the best because they deal guaranteed knockdown which is ridiculous.

The basic idea is to always be applying fire because it adds damage to your primary attack and shooting scatter lock on missiles whenever your ammo is up. I think the plasma cannon form sucks compared to the other two forms though it doesn't do that much damage compared to either other form.

Asilack
Apr 23, 2008

randombattle posted:

You need the skill that turns your lock on missiles into scatter missiles because it deals it's scatter damage to the main target as well making it effectively double damage. Also I think concussion rounds are the best because they deal guaranteed knockdown which is ridiculous.

The basic idea is to always be applying fire because it adds damage to your primary attack and shooting scatter lock on missiles whenever your ammo is up. I think the plasma cannon form sucks compared to the other two forms though it doesn't do that much damage compared to either other form.

Well that's good to know, the promotion gunner didn't really do a good job of teaching me what to do aside from scream while holding down full auto.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Never pug adventures. If you do them with goons it's mostly okay but adventures will scale and you should be able to solo them, eventually even on impossible. Not saying that all groups are bad but you're gambling each time and groups are more often than not a detriment to you.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Asilack posted:

Well that's good to know, the promotion gunner didn't really do a good job of teaching me what to do aside from scream while holding down full auto.

There's not much more than just going full auto all the time. It's not such a complex class just that there's a long rotation as you go from gun-plasmagun-artillery-gun. What makes gun form so good is that most of your statuses and moves makes your full auto deal more damage. Since you do damage at 40m you outrange everything making pvp a complete joke, by the time anything gets near they're already missing half their health then whoops you just teleported away so they're double hosed. Even a lot of boss fights aren't even set up for that range so you can outrange a lot of aoe fields and stuff.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Morglon posted:

Never pug adventures. If you do them with goons it's mostly okay but adventures will scale and you should be able to solo them, eventually even on impossible. Not saying that all groups are bad but you're gambling each time and groups are more often than not a detriment to you.

I forgot how much of a prima donna tanks can be in MMO after playing GW2 for a while. Sheesh. Since it was during the mid day the dude kept ending back in our pug.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

RottenK posted:

some people prefer to sell them

you get argents from that, that's pretty useful

I really wish I'd known this and had sold all those stupid things I got for rewards. I'd probably have my Space Zamboni by now.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I will totally leave bad groups as a tank but group content is different from adventures. Adventures you should always solo and group content you only do for order poo poo, otherwise it's pretty pointless. You see, group dungeons only give you purple amulets and purple and blue amulets are often worse than greens for many classes since it give you a lower bonus than greens but to two things when often it's preferable to get the higher bonus to one thing greens give you and the higher stamina on blues and purples is never actually worth it. So yeah, never do group content unless it's for order stuff, never pug adventures because you can solo them. For purple weapons and offhand poo poo you have to do guild distortions anyway, purple rings you get from order missions you unlock from the god form atlas so yeah.

^Edit: Space Zamboni looks cool but is not actually worth it. You get a free mount when you buy any amount of argents for real money so throwing in the lowest possible amount is probably a good idea.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
If Guild Chat isn't working by the time I get back from vacation, I need to buy a headset and play with you schmucks because I'm 5600 prestige and still haven't cleared MSM.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

Good Will Hrunting posted:

If Guild Chat isn't working by the time I get back from vacation, I need to buy a headset and play with you schmucks because I'm 5600 prestige and still haven't cleared MSM.

I've done the first few group missions just fine, they aren't really that bad, you will probably wipe a few times, but that is what it is.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
MSM is an object lesson where tanks need to learn how to rotate shields long enough to survive the add wave, that the DPS needs to learn how to burst AOE to beat.

Every group dungeon after MSM has been fun and nowhere near as soul sucking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am

Kurieg posted:

MSM is an object lesson where tanks need to learn how to rotate shields long enough to survive the add wave, that the DPS needs to learn how to burst AOE to beat.

Every group dungeon after MSM has been fun and nowhere near as soul sucking.

I just had to bail on DF as a tank because of terrible DPS. Bad PuGs are the cause of so much of my not wanting to plain this game. I've mentioned this in Mumble--I really think this game would benefit from a TSW-style gatekeeper to make sure you at least have a baseline level of competence in a given role before you join a 5-man as that role. DPS would have a trash pack that had to be AoE'd/CC'd before they instagib you followed by a boss with multiple OHK telegraphed attacks. Oh, and adds during the boss that have to be killed or they heal him/make him invuln or something.

• Locked thread