Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Miko posted:

Got a keeper q, 2QB league with 0.5ppr, 3wr, 2rb and a flex.

My first keeper will be A.Rodgers, because he is good enough to give up a 8th overall in a 2QB league, even w 5pt pass TDs.

Second keeper: K.Benjamin for a 9th? Or D.Hopkins for a 12th?

Hopkins for a 12th is a steal. Him and Benjamin will probably have similar 1k yard 5-8ish TD seasons. I think Benjamin long term is better because he's an athletic freak that is held back by his hands, and he's on a much, much better team, but this year a 12th for Hopkins is just the better value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Assuming no Fred Jacksons, who would you pick up in Buffalo if Shady is out any length of time? Bryce? Boobie?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Azhais posted:

Assuming no Fred Jacksons, who would you pick up in Buffalo if Shady is out any length of time? Bryce? Boobie?

Avoid like the plague

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
The new staff seems highest on rookie Karlos Williams. They might not rely on him for week 1 if McCoy missed it but over the long haul, he's the non-Fred Jackson guy to remember, I believe. Of course Fred Jackson is still the guy to pick up if McCoy misses any time.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Azhais posted:

Look inside yourself and review the feelings you had about Houston a week and a half ago. Copy and paste those onto Buffalo.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ty1990 posted:

At this point it's safe to drop Percy Harvin even if it's for a guy like Kenny Britt right?

Britt could actually be a solid WR3 if foles is average / new offensive coordinator knows what he is doing

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

2QB league is doing two keepers now, coming off a year where my team got hosed with a Stafford/Cutler qb duo. I have Dez, Megatron, and Kelvin Benjamin as the best players to keep. Providing someone doesn't keep a good RB, would it make sense to keep only Dez and take a first pick at any RB not kept? Pretty much had no RB power last year.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Sounds like McCoy should be good to go for Week 1, but the Bills are talking internally about adding Ray Rice (aka, testing the waters of what the PR fallout would be).

I thought Ray Rice would end up somewhere this year, but the Bills is far from an ideal destination.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How do people feel about Brees this year. Last years production scared me and now his best bud Graham is gone. What round does he have to fall to in order to feel comfortable drafting him?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Kelvin Benjamin just carted off of the field with a knee injury. No good.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

How do people feel about Brees this year. Last years production scared me and now his best bud Graham is gone. What round does he have to fall to in order to feel comfortable drafting him?

I consider him in the same tier as Manning, which basically means that by the time I would draft him he's already gone.

Also Ehud is apparently at Dolphin's training camp and they're practicing with the Panthers...

Ehud posted:

Kelvin Benjamin just tore something

I'm not kidding he's down on the field

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Tiptoes posted:

The new staff seems highest on rookie Karlos Williams. They might not rely on him for week 1 if McCoy missed it but over the long haul, he's the non-Fred Jackson guy to remember, I believe. Of course Fred Jackson is still the guy to pick up if McCoy misses any time.

Williams just had surgery and will be out at least a month.
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/three-point-stance/2015/08/18/bills-rb-karlos-williams-could-miss--month/31910967/

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Sounds like the latest rumor of the Ray Rice experience is that he could be a Bill.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sounds like the latest rumor of the Ray Rice experience is that he could be a Bill.

But I liked the Bills :(

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Kelvin Benjamin carted off with a knee injury.

I'm so loving happy we don't draft for another 2 weeks.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cervixalot posted:

Kelvin Benjamin just carted off of the field with a knee injury. No good.

gently caress, Funchess was my sneaky late round add.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

It's currently the Ricky "53 career carries in five years at Stanford" Seale show up in Buffalo. Has not played football since the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl in January, where he had two carries for 7 yards. He has a psych degree and up until about a week ago was working with Autistic kids in San Diego, so it should be an easy transition into working with the Bills organization. Known for inscribing "Aunt Jackie" on his eye black

Bronson Hill is also competing for the starting job present and excited to get his shot, saying "The offense is pretty complex. I’m still far behind", and that the experience of being the next man up is "like college or high school, when you cram for an exam you didn’t study for." He seems particularly enthusiastic about being a part of this Bills organization in particular, saying "When I first came here, it was just Boobie out. But then, everybody else started to get hurt. I’ve never been a part of this with so many injuries all at once."

Sounds like a recipe for success and I for one will definitely be picking up shares.

(quote source)

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

there's a video on NFL.com of Kelvin's injury (don't bother looking it's just your usual stupid non-contact torn ACL :negative:)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doltos posted:

gently caress, Funchess was my sneaky late round add.

Picked him up in both of my dynasty leagues. :getin:

That loving sucks for Benjamin. I hope he's okay and it's a minor tweak. Training camp injuries are bullshit.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

LmaoTheKid posted:

Kelvin Benjamin carted off with a knee injury.

I'm so loving happy we don't draft for another 2 weeks.

Guy literally just selected him as a keeper for this season for a 4th round pick this past Saturday. Man, that must hurt.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thwomp posted:

Guy literally just selected him as a keeper for this season for a 4th round pick this past Saturday. Man, that must hurt.

Same, but yesterday :lol:

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Thwomp posted:

We are drafting tonight for my work league and I just know someone picks him early because ESPN ADP.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Prophecy120 posted:

We are drafting tonight for my work league and I just know someone picks him early because ESPN ADP.

If you can capitalize on that with a Funchess pick without anyone knowing then loving do it. I wonder how early that would be worth doing. 7th? 8th? I'd say before Boldin for sure.

Beer's Totally Unsubstantiated Thoughts On WTF This Does
Cam Newton becomes an interesting thought. Even fewer weapons. Does he run the ball more to compensate?

Greg Olsen and Jonathan Stewart become pretty major beneficiaries.

Devin Funchess is now worth drafting. Likely I would do so around Larry Fitzgerald's tier.

Cameron Artis-Payne also becomes an even more interesting late round flyer if the increased running game makes it more likely that Stewart gets hurt.

LOL NFC South.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I have Funchess in my Dynasty and Re-Draft league. :getin:

If Kelvin misses any regular season games Cam's completion percentage should rise.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RCarr posted:

I have him at the top of the tier 2 QBs and happily grabbed him in the 6th. He specializes in frequent, high-probability throws and the Saints coaching staff does a good job of strategizing around the strengths of available players. I forsee a lot of pop-off passes to the RBs, heavy involvement with Brandin Cooks. Colston will struggle to stay healthy and will get limited reps, so they will lean on guys like Toon and the Morgans.

Although Graham was underwhelming last year, Brees still finished 6th overall.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I drafted Funchess late but now I also have Greg Olsen and Cam Newton that's a lot of loving Panthers for a lovely offense.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Drop LaFell for Funchies? (i like spelling it like that)

oh god it has begun

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Does any D/ST start off with an easier schedule than the Colts? Jets, Titans, Jags & Texans week 1-4. ESPN has them ranked 21st so they are sure to be around in the last rounds of any draft.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Suave Fedora posted:

Drop LaFell for Funchies? (i like spelling it like that)

oh god it has begun

Eh, I would say no. Lafell was actually really good last year.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Prophecy120 posted:

Does any D/ST start off with an easier schedule than the Colts? Jets, Titans, Jags & Texans week 1-4. ESPN has them ranked 21st so they are sure to be around in the last rounds of any draft.

They're my target for the last round, yes.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Prophecy120 posted:

Bills*, Jets, Titans, Jags & Texans week 1-5. Pretty nice. Dolphins are even better since the Redskins are awful and Miami D is actually good, though will actually be drafted as one of the first few DSTs, I assume: Redskins, Jags, Bills, Jets, Titan, Texans for weeks 1-6. Carolina is another decent option: Jags, Texans, Saints (eh, might disappoint with all the turnover on that roster), and Bucs. Cleveland has Jets, Titans, and Raiders. Tennessee has Bucs and Browns. There are a few decent options to start the year.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 19, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I'm eyeing the Vikings and Browns. The Vikes have first shot at SF in Week 1 and improved by adding young talent, and were ranked barely outside the top 10 of D/STs last season. The Browns face the Jets, enough said.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 19, 2015

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Funchess just tweaked his hamstring. Probably just a couple of days, but man... https://twitter.com/PanthersMax/status/634034127939969025

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
I bet that by this time next week, Sankey will be at best in a 50/50 timeshare with Cobb.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Franks Happy Place posted:

I bet that by this time next week, Sankey will be at best in a 50/50 timeshare with Cobb.

If there's one thing coaches love, it's running backs that can't pass protect. At least the Titans have an amazing offensive line so that won't be a needed skill.

BlackSwan2.0
Aug 19, 2015
I'm doing some mock draft's through Draft Dominator to account for my keepers and traded draft picks.

I seem to come into two options in the 2nd round; either Rodger's + Tate/DeSean Jackson in the 3rd, or Calvin/AJ + Big Ben in the third.

I'd be stupid to not take the latter route, right?

Also, I'm struggling to decide between Calvin vs AJ. I feel Calvin is the better WR in a vacuum, but he's getting older and has been missing more and more games each season. Is AJ the safer pick?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Bishop Spankey

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

BlackSwan2.0 posted:

I'm doing some mock draft's through Draft Dominator to account for my keepers and traded draft picks.

I seem to come into two options in the 2nd round; either Rodger's + Tate/DeSean Jackson in the 3rd, or Calvin/AJ + Big Ben in the third.

I'd be stupid to not take the latter route, right?

Also, I'm struggling to decide between Calvin vs AJ. I feel Calvin is the better WR in a vacuum, but he's getting older and has been missing more and more games each season. Is AJ the safer pick?

How many points per TD?

If it's 6, then it's a toss up. 4 and the latter should be a lock.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I agree with Thwomp. As for AJ Green vs. Calvin Johnson, its really close I feel. Calvin put up some pretty amazing numbers for having missed or been injured for 5 games. Green was out for about the same time and didn't produce as well. I would probably bet on Green staying healthy this year over Calvin but predicting injuries is impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'd take Green over Calvin this year.

• Locked thread