Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
halwain
May 31, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Old man fear, keepin his poo poo together.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Most mature thing that has been said about this stupid stuff.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Please, cancerous isn't even an insult in NA dota. We're the saltiest region in the world.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Khorne posted:

Every good support says to watch ppd and it's not a joke. You can focus on when he screws up or what he doesn't do all day, but what ppd does do is what you should be 100% doing and most people aren't doing it. It's extremely hard to play some of the heroes he plays without gold (think earthshaker), and if you want to learn how to play a support in a losing or even game then watch pp fuckin d when he plays heroes that are traditionally cores or more money oriented.

With that said, his mechanics aren't the best in the world but it turns out that isn't what matters on your broke rear end 5.

Doing position 7 things with the 4 he has in front of him is something a lot of loving players can do. If you ever stopped playing trash NA dota you might see how much of that is out there. It's the 4 in front of him doing good things and abusing the meta properly. No he doesn't play a 5 they've played a greedy top 4 for a long time that Aui basically invented himself on c9 and brought to EG and the recent patch supported the style. ppd is more like a 7 compared to the way nearly every other team plays it. Pick the hero with counter initiation and just buy wards/hug whatever core is in the vulnerable position and cast saving spell on him so he can not feed while Fear doesn't gently caress up, Sumail abuses the meta, Aui turns the position 4 into way too valuable of a position that nobody except fy can beat, and Universe wins them the game when he finally gets his items that makes up for the lack of a factor ppd is in the 7 role.

Most of EGs losses you can attribute to ppd's play or amazing picks alone if you just watch them closely. I can't even recall a game ever being thrown by their other players and I look out for those things. Just because you're a bitch support doesn't give you a pass for missing your poo poo teamfight after teamfight or getting caught in AOEs of poo poo you should know better to be inside of.

But whatever, it's not like I don't have a winning record against him or anything. Let me know when he's in your games. Yeah he made a million bucks playing dota, but so did the Newbee and Alliance players and look at them now.

This all just makes EG easier to root against. go sport

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Tournament results and the opinion of almost every pro player who has spoken on the subject or the opinion of forums poster Jolly Pub Jerk hrm....

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Turns out ppd owns and aui is cancer, surprising nobody but the dumb half of this thread.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

JollyPubJerk posted:

But whatever, it's not like I don't have a winning record against him or anything. Let me know when he's in your games. Yeah he made a million bucks playing dota, but so did the Newbee and Alliance players and look at them now.

Dang you are salty.

Tell us more about how Valve is holding you back from winning TI.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

huh for once JPJ is right.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
I have a winning record vs Universe in pubs, i guess hes garbage

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i have a winning record vs. envy in pubs i guess hes- oh wait this one doesnt work

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Radical posted:

i have a winning record vs. envy in pubs i guess hes- oh wait this one doesnt work

:bravo:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

JollyPubJerk posted:

Doing position 7 things with the 4 he has in front of him is something a lot of loving players can do. If you ever stopped playing trash NA dota you might see how much of that is out there. It's the 4 in front of him doing good things and abusing the meta properly. No he doesn't play a 5 they've played a greedy top 4 for a long time that Aui basically invented himself on c9 and brought to EG and the recent patch supported the style. ppd is more like a 7 compared to the way nearly every other team plays it. Pick the hero with counter initiation and just buy wards/hug whatever core is in the vulnerable position and cast saving spell on him so he can not feed while Fear doesn't gently caress up, Sumail abuses the meta, Aui turns the position 4 into way too valuable of a position that nobody except fy can beat, and Universe wins them the game when he finally gets his items that makes up for the lack of a factor ppd is in the 7 role.

Most of EGs losses you can attribute to ppd's play or amazing picks alone if you just watch them closely. I can't even recall a game ever being thrown by their other players and I look out for those things. Just because you're a bitch support doesn't give you a pass for missing your poo poo teamfight after teamfight or getting caught in AOEs of poo poo you should know better to be inside of.

This all just makes EG easier to root against. go sport

Lol now I want to root for ppd again.

Tape Leg
May 8, 2003

We were all delighted, we all realized we were leaving confusion and nonsense behind and performing our one noble function of the time, move.
JPJ sounds like one of those guys that plays this game professionally while making no money, entering no tournaments, joining no teams. All the salt and bruised ego but none of the results or even attempts to do something meaningful with this wasted energy. At least we're here so his ego is validated from his elevated status when placed next to a common unwashed 2k goon. Carry on JPJ, show us the error in our ways for not being on a pro level. See you at ti6.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
I like the part where young and dumb dota fans talk about young a dumb dota players

edit just read this:

botany posted:

i love zai but he doesn't really write well at all.

edit: i mean he's better than EE, but so are most random number generators.

zai writes super loving well, take an english class

edit 2: Literally Zai writes so well that I think his talent is wasted playing DOTA and he should do something meaningful at school, but I can't talk because I like video games too

texasmed fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 19, 2015

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Ojetor posted:

Just listened to the bits I found interesting.

All of the following are paraphrasing Aui quotes:
"EG now has the best players in 4 positions (RTZ, Sumail, Universe, PPD) and while Fear isn't the best 4 in the world right now, he definitely has the potential to be."
"I was kicked because RTZ wanted back into EG but also wanted to play with Fear."
"An EG with RTZ, Sumail and myself would not work because they are both very emotional players. I'm working on becoming more calm, but I'm not there yet. Fear is an extremely calm player and he also helps keep the other players in the team calm, so he's definitely a better fit than me in an EG with both Sumail and RTZ."
"Management did not know about the planned kick."

That last one might explain the lack of an official statement. He also has absolutely nothing but good things to say about PPD, who in the meantime is calling him "cancerous" elsewhere on the internet. Granted, this interview was apparently recorded before PPD's blog went live.
A couple other random things so people don't have to suffer through it:
-Aui didn't say much directly about getting kicked from EG besides the above but didn't seem to disagree with their reasoning at all. EG handled it almost as well as they could have but the timing being right after TI was a shock.
-It is hard to overstate how highly he spoke of the EG players through the whole thing.
-Getting kicked from C9 was pretty much the worst possible way to kick someone. Management didn't know about that one either.
-Aui has a new team with a player that hasn't played pro before and wants that player to be captain and drafter.
-Thorin can't say the word hero and is still a pain to listen to. It seemed like he wanted to create more drama but Aui just didn't have any.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
http://gfycat.com/ExhaustedPoisedHomalocephale

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Falsum posted:

Either way Kunkka isn't a pirate

In 2011 or so there was a set of Pirate themed gear for Kunkka (and Tide) called the "But I'm not a pirate!" pack.

Toes
Dec 6, 2011

Clods to the left of me,
Bookahs to the right.

That's amazing.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Kainser posted:

Moogles will ruin the competitive scene, gg

I really hope PL gets a Khimari set.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Nanomashoes posted:

one for each jungle, it makes sense.

I seem to remember someone doing that in TI3(?).

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

I enjoy the Fear rape joke in this too.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

steakmancer posted:

HONESTLY SHOUT OUT TO MASON

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

Groovelord Neato posted:

this except never ever

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
lmao none of y'all have the patience to play position 7 anyways as soon as one person dies in your games you start muting your entire team and going on tilt. Shoutouts to ppd or die idiots

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I like pro players from non-english speaking countries because I never see or hear any drama about them and I can pretend they aren't horrid manchildren

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Groovelord Neato posted:

Disgusting, you will defend your wrong opinions while acting like a douche until you die. I never thought you'd sink so low as to say something this stupid.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I just hope Universe and Aui make a video confirming that they're still engaged :ohdear:

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

FlyinPingu posted:

I like pro players from non-english speaking countries because I never see or hear any drama about them and I can pretend they aren't horrid manchildren

Chinese players can be racist as hell and be horrible people as well. Iceiceice got flak for being Malaysian Chinese and tainting the purity of the Chinese teams. I forgot the name of the team, but there was some moratorium on scrims involving iceiceice

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

caberham posted:

Chinese players can be racist as hell and be horrible people as well. Iceiceice got flak for being Malaysian Chinese and tainting the purity of the Chinese teams. I forgot the name of the team, but there was some moratorium on scrims involving iceiceice

I think you're referring to the Newbee drama from last year, from when iceiceice was on DK? I don't remember how that panned out, but last I heard it might've just been overblown? I dunno, I don't follow the Chinese scene that much.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
What happened to Newbee anyways?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also, iceiceice isn't from Malaysia.

Lieutenant Hoffman
Mar 4, 2009

hell yeah!!!

Ragnar Homsar posted:

I think you're referring to the Newbee drama from last year, from when iceiceice was on DK? I don't remember how that panned out, but last I heard it might've just been overblown? I dunno, I don't follow the Chinese scene that much.

Well it's kind of hard to know the truth of what happened. Xeio8 was interviewed about it and pretty much said it didn't happen although with the language gap it's hard to be sure.

Edit: I think it was discussed in some of Hotbids interviews with Chinese players at TI4

Lieutenant Hoffman fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Aug 19, 2015

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

iceiceice is my fav player so as long as he's not the one being a dick it's okay

basically I just like all the players from TI4 DK

edit: I thought the thing with DK was that they were running weird strats that the other chinese teams thought were jokes so no one wanted to scrim against them, like jungle juggernaut

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

caberham posted:

No one wanted to scrim with DK because they were seen as the team to beat and people didn't want to give them what they saw could've been a further advantage. Also DK played really clowny poo poo in the scrims that they did play (like jungle Jugg - which was actually legit) but otherwise the teams weren't convinced of the value playing with DK.

As for the actual racism (actually more like nationalism), there was a bit of it during one of the Chinese LANs (ECL?). ECL is one of those Chinese tournaments where the teams sit across from each other and they basically shout at the opposition and try and put each other off (unlike Western LANs where it's all soundproof booths and noise cancelling headphones) by being noisy as poo poo. Hao was shouting some stuff about kill (as in kill in game) Icex3 and Mushi but leave our countrymen which is lovely but I don't think it's reflective of Chinese players being racist in general.

Anatharon posted:

What happened to Newbee anyways?

They got paid tons of cash to play Warcraft 3 custom maps on stream.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

Also, iceiceice isn't from Malaysia.

Right Singaporean. But you know..... Singapore was part of the Malaysian Federation :downsrim:

Here's the old post:

http://www.gosugamers.net/dota2/news/27837-update-dk-without-scrim-partners-a-huge-misunderstanding

quote:

Previously, Hao had tweeted that teams should play with a .CN tag to highlight their Chinese origins, which was met with severe backlash in the online Chinese community, prompting him to retract his words and issue an apology.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

texasmed posted:

edit 2: Literally Zai writes so well that I think his talent is wasted playing DOTA and he should do something meaningful at school, but I can't talk because I like video games too

uh, no

and tahts coming from zai's #1 fan...

(but tahts okay because its a 2nd language lol...)

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

gangnam reference posted:

(but tahts okay because its a 2nd language lol...)

And your excuse is?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

And your excuse is?

you can't break the rules unless you know them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

texasmed posted:

I like the part where young and dumb dota fans talk about young a dumb dota players

edit just read this:

Lmao. Zai writes like most scandinavians who are at good at english at his age. They pretty much write like in school essays. 90% filler 10% substance.

Reading reddit threads regarding the kky-rtz drama or the Aui dtama actually makes my head hurt. Why do so many people think they know everything

• Locked thread