Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

88h88 posted:

It does because I've never been to Liverpool. :raise:

So then how can you possibly refute my comments that its poo poo.

I can recommend places to go in Birmingham or Manchester or various other cities if you'd like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The Big Taff Man posted:

So then how can you possibly refute my comments that its poo poo.

I can recommend places to go in Birmingham or Manchester or various other cities if you'd like.

I just find it funny that in a large modern city you can't entertain yourself for a few hours to the point where you'd go back to the train station, go home, sit around your house for an hour and then go back on the train again.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I don't know much about English cities but I do know Leeds is far worse than Liverpool.

Are you pro brewer Fluo, who do you brew for?

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014
The only modern thing in Liverpool is Liverpool ONE.

It's like if Manchester only had the Trafford Centre, OK if you want shopping and some chain restaurants, pretty dull otherwise.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Aramoro posted:

Are you pro brewer Fluo, who do you brew for?

Handful of breweries (New Bristol Brewery etc) but now I'm launching my own brewery, been working on it past 6 months or so etc. So much paperwork :negative:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Manchester is flat and grey and a bit shite

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

XMNN posted:

Manchester is flat and grey and a bit shite

agreed, that side of the penines is just shite all round mostly

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

88h88 posted:

I just find it funny that in a large modern city you can't entertain yourself for a few hours to the point where you'd go back to the train station, go home, sit around your house for an hour and then go back on the train again.

Tbh the train ride out of Liverpool is one of the most enjoyable parts. It was my own fault for going so early, so it made more sense to go home, grab my ipod and the book I was reading and then read on the train back to Liverpool than hang round there for 5 hours.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

The Big Taff Man posted:

Tbh the train ride out of Liverpool is one of the most enjoyable parts. It was my own fault for going so early, so it made more sense to go home, grab my ipod and the book I was reading and then read on the train back to Liverpool than hang round there for 5 hours.

post your city rankings taff

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

It's raining

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

Party Boat posted:

When bozza has a sesh he really goes for it

pssh, 3PM to midnight is after work drinks not a session

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

post your city rankings taff

Going off where Ive been

Manchester
Cardiff
Newcastle
London
Exeter
Bath
Swansea
Newport (shithole but its near home so good memories)
Birmingham
Chester
St Davids
Southampton
York
Portsmouth
Sheffield
Coventry
Salfrod
Nottingham
Bristol
Bradford
Sunderland
Leeds
Liverpool

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Taff having terrible opinions

what's new

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

When are they going to have the trams back on through the centre of Manchester again? Getting around is a right faff atm

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Get a car peasant. Or offer me a substansial amount of money to become your own personal driver, and I'll tell you some of my stories that are too explicit for SA, but please, dont tell your wife.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Someones just emailed me to ask if we do penis shaped stress balls, of course we do, what kind of company wouldnt.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I'm only in Manchester with work and we are officially pro train, I only drive when I'm going to Blackpool

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Party Boat posted:

I'm only in Manchester with work and we are officially pro train, I only drive when I'm going to Blackpool

How long are you here for, we can check fractions availability and run you a special manchester goonmeet.

Edit: bad news shes available on whatever date you say. Goonmeet cancelled

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I was gonna be in Manchester on Saturday but I don't think I can be hosed. Fancy a lie in.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

mfcrocker posted:

I was gonna be in Manchester on Saturday but I don't think I can be hosed. Fancy a lie in.

why are you coming to manchester

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

The Big Taff Man posted:

why are you coming to manchester

Magic the Gathering

(nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd)

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Party Boat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5sjScGm3xc

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

newcastle is a lovely city as long as you don't wander off

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

mfcrocker posted:

Magic the Gathering

(nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd)

I wish you hadnt told me now

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

The Big Taff Man posted:

I wish you hadnt told me now

:shrug:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I'm not there right now and am going to do my best to avoid it until you've sorted the trams

Goonmeet indefinitely postponed

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Party Boat posted:

I'm not there right now and am going to do my best to avoid it until you've sorted the trams

Goonmeet indefinitely postponed

Our trams are working, they just don't go anywhere useful.

quote:

Handful of breweries (New Bristol Brewery etc) but now I'm launching my own brewery, been working on it past 6 months or so etc. So much paperwork

That's really cool, my gf is working with craft beer a lot just now (brewing, marketing etc) so we're having to drink a poo poo load of beer for research purposes. It's nice to have a reason.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

mfcrocker posted:

Magic the Gathering

(nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd)

whoa people still play this??

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

corn in the fridge posted:

not cool people like you and me corn man

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i prefer munchkin at least its funny

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Munchkin is a bad game for bad people, people who play fluxx not to win also fit in this category.

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014

The Big Taff Man posted:

In the day or in the night?

In the day Ive been to Leeds town centre loads with friends or on my own, as I lived in Huddersfield. Never liked it. The only good thing was I once had a nice coffee and cake in the corn exchange. Nights out Ive been to a variety of places that I cant remember

In Liverpool Ive been a couple of times in the day, the first time was on my own, I had got tickets to a comedy show in the evening so I thought I'd go early, have a look round the town centre and do some shopping and maybe then some sightseeing. The comedy gig was at 7 and I got the train to Liverpool at lunch time. Took me 2 hours to be bored shitless, and I ended up getting a train back to manchester, then going back to my flat, chilling out for an hour before going back to the station to get a train back to liverpool so I didnt have to hang round in Liverpool anymore. Its a horrible city. The second time I went I went shopping and sight seeing with the other half and that was shite too. I dont care about the Beetles so all of that stuff was of no interest to me

should have gone to specsavers

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Still raining

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ratjaculation posted:

Still raining

its sunny with a nice breeze today

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Aramoro posted:

Munchkin is a bad game for bad people, people who play fluxx not to win also fit in this category.

Crunch, The Game For Utter Bankers is good

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

corn in the fridge posted:

weirdly it's continued growing year-on-year. I've been to 4000-person tournaments :stare:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Aramoro posted:

Munchkin and Fluxx are both perfectly fun. Love Letter is good too.

I really like card games :shobon:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I've got the firefly game which is cool because there is a single player mode and who needs friends anyway?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

no because munchkin is actual fun whereas fluxx is 'gently caress up your friends who don't understand the rules' fun

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
Just got offered an overtime shift on Saturday, full shifts money for 5 hours work too :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
i had a curry for lunch a korma specifially