Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I kind of love how if someone was going to make a dick mod for enemy drops, double dick mod to increase the drop rate, and shoot dicks out of junk gun to kill someone and harvest dicks from them? There's like a 50/50 chance it'll be the most amazing looking mod out there that works perfectly with other mods because the guy behind it is constantly updating. Like there is a class of fetishist that channels the entirety of their potential behind making really high quality mods for games. It's weirdly inspiring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Honestly, almost no digital dicks or breasts are "built" in the classical sense of the word any more. You're not going to see somebody beholding Jack Fallout's nude form and asking himself, How can I shape him? What program should I use to build his penis? Nobody asks those questions.

The reality is that, at this point, we've got the "answers" to questions that haven't even been asked yet. An entire cottage industry has been churning out dicks and tits and twats for over a decade--a majority of which don't even end up being used on a character model. You've got a guy, he's been building dicks for years now. Big dicks, small dicks, blue dicks, dog dicks, alien dicks...but his website is just a single "booth" in a crowded market. He lays his dicks out like crates of cucumbers and, with a wave of his hand, seems to say, "Here are my humble wares. Take your time."

Nowadays, somebody with less than ten minutes of experience in NifScope or Blender can pick a dick off of the shelf and bolt it on their Liara or Master Chief. You don't even need to plan ahead anymore. The whole thing is loveless and joyless like buying a Honda Civic when people still seem to think the question is "what shape should my car be?"

The dick Winds

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

may storms from the dickvide skin him alive.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
somewhere in the world, a modder has sighed. thanks to cowardly bethesda prudishly refusing to put full nudity and hardcore loving in their game, the responsibility once more falls onto them

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Bob NewSCART posted:

The dick Winds

I didn't realize it was shitposting time already. Silly me.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

JackBadass posted:

I didn't realize it was shitposting time already. Silly me.

you've been posting in this thread for quite a while actually

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

DeusExMachinima posted:

you've been posting in this thread for quite a while actually

Boom headshot :drat:

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC
Interview I haven't seen here:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dont-expect-more-fallout-4-story-details-before-la/1100-6429807/

Explains the Perk/SPECIAL relationship better for slow people (me).

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

frajaq posted:

Doesn't stuff like that requires Creation Kit tho?

Changing simple textures like like going into your house and swapping out a painting. The house doesn't notice or care that your picture of Aunt Edna is now that of a dog licking its rear end in a top hat.

Changing a mesh is like painting a house. Now you need a few tools to do it, but it's not too complicated. You may make your house look pretty ugly, but it's still a house.

Anything that changes what the game's engine does, adds new properties or equipment, modifies the UI, etc. is like working on your house's electrical system. Do so without the right tools & skills and you can burn your house down* real easy.

*With combustible lemons.:flame:

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
The phone game is actually really good and has me totally hooked. Usually phone games don't hold my attention for longer than 10 minutes, but this is really well made. I had one special guy show up with good stats and used him to stud all the women in my vault to make super babies. That created a massive baby boom which almost crippled my community since all the fuckers do is take up resources.

I feel a bit bad, I sent some guy out into the wasteland to find stuff with no weapons because I don't like his face and need to hold back defence for raiders.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I sent one guy out with just a pistol because I didn't like him. This is a good game to check on during breaks.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

I sent one guy out with just a pistol because I didn't like him. This is a good game to check on during breaks.

"We need you to find a Water Chip!"

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I've just noticed that one of my children is balding, with a combover. I think the radiation is having an effect.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Davoren posted:

I've just noticed that one of my children is balding, with a combover. I think the radiation is having an effect.

I think if the dad is bald, the kid has a chance of being bald when it is generated.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
The first kid produced in my Vault has a receding hairline with a ponytail and I kind of wanted to throw him to the deathclaws

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I did laugh a couple of times in the game. Times were hard and some people were really sad and had massive sad frowns. One man, I sent out into the wastelands. Seeing him trudge off, utterly miserable into the hostile world with nothing but an enhanced bbgun and one stimpack was hilarious for some reason.

This other couple were equally miserable, so I hooked them up in a bedroom. They got chatting and went off to get her pregnant. When they came out, they both looked completely depressed despite her new pregnancy and just kind of moped back to making water or whatever.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

I let a woman in and then sent her out to die in the Wasteland because I didn't like her hair.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
All my people are starving. Is sending them out to the wasteland an appropriate plan?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I let a woman in and then sent her out to die in the Wasteland because I didn't like her hair.

Kaiju's vault is a eugenics experiment. Pretty tame as far as vault experiments go.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Meridian posted:

Kaiju's vault is a eugenics experiment. Pretty tame as far as vault experiments go.

Holy poo poo I didn't even realize there's potential for a meta-game about being a vault experiment. gently caress might have to redownload this.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I should make an all-gay vault.

Fabulous parties abound and no icky women to ruin it all. :colbert:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

In half an hour I got some rare guy called Joshua Morgan, who is immediately made worthless because Butch, King of Vault 015 graced us with his presence. I sent Morgan out with a lovely assault rifle to go do whatever, but not before they both knock someone up (who I then immediately put back to work). Fallout Shelter's fun.

quote:

I did laugh a couple of times in the game. Times were hard and some people were really sad and had massive sad frowns. One man, I sent out into the wastelands. Seeing him trudge off, utterly miserable into the hostile world with nothing but an enhanced bbgun and one stimpack was hilarious for some reason.

One guy was really depressed until I put him in a room with a lady. Then he got really happy.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Does putting dwellers in Storage Rooms do anything (beyond the obvious protection from mole rat/radroach attacks) other than "well you're new I'll stick you in the warehouse until I figure out what to do with you"?

EDIT: And I know they let you hoard more stuff.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well some raiders stole nearly all my resources because none of my guys in guns or armor decided to fight the raiders and instead ran away despite constantly being assigned to the room they were in, leaving it up to one balding guy with a paunch to drive them off. These idiots deserve to starve. You especially Butch you cowered in a diner.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Does putting dwellers in Storage Rooms do anything (beyond the obvious protection from mole rat/radroach attacks) other than "well you're new I'll stick you in the warehouse until I figure out what to do with you"?

EDIT: And I know they let you hoard more stuff.

Putting dwellers in Storage Rooms does nothing productive--in fact, I would recommend isolating all storage rooms so they are not adjacent to other rooms. That way, if any fire/attacks break out, they just putter out because they can't spread anywhere. You don't even have to send dwellers down to help out.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Gary? Gary. Gary!

All the men in the vault are Gary. All women leave.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
The best part is it's entirely possible to have a vault of all dudes make the occasional baby. The best part after that is telling people who have low luck or low charisma to go find whatever Outside. My supernaturally lucky pretty-dudes will rule the Wastes.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
It's good to know that this thread is quick to catch onto the idea of creating an atomic race of fabulously gay men or enacting any other social experiment possible once they stop thinking like an Overseer and start thinking like a Vault-Tec engineer.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The first two babies that were born were balding and gray-haired with a ponytail, respectively. After that I started studding Butch and the one vault dweller who did not run in terror from raiders (you have a gun shoot it assholes) and instead punched them out. My facilities are undermanned so I had to set up a breeding program and rotate out the studs. Competent dwellers are rewarded with more sex and bigger guns. Meanwhile, King Joshua Morgan is conquering the wasteland in my name.

It took two hours to turn me into a monster.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Crabtree posted:

It's good to know that this thread is quick to catch onto the idea of creating an atomic race of fabulously gay men or enacting any other social experiment possible once they stop thinking like an Overseer and start thinking like a Vault-Tec engineer.

It makes Fallout Shelter much, much better.

Consider this: Number a vault 420, then replace most of the rooms with Gardens when you unlock them. :snoop:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

It makes Fallout Shelter much, much better.

Consider this: Number a vault 420, then replace most of the rooms with Gardens when you unlock them. :snoop:

There aren't a lot special or easter egg numbered vaults are there? I heard 666 gets swarmed by deathclaws but don't know if that's true or not.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
I wish there was some sort of family tree or something I could look at. Right now I have to watch my VD's after I put them in the breeding pit because half the time I forget that Sally Smith is actually Matt Malone's mother. I know they would never do it, but it would be funny if there was an option to turn off the incest blocker so you had to pay attention to who you drop in there if you don't want a gaggle of deformed King Tut kids.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

RBA Starblade posted:

The first two babies that were born were balding and gray-haired with a ponytail, respectively. After that I started studding Butch and the one vault dweller who did not run in terror from raiders (you have a gun shoot it assholes) and instead punched them out. My facilities are undermanned so I had to set up a breeding program and rotate out the studs. Competent dwellers are rewarded with more sex and bigger guns. Meanwhile, King Joshua Morgan is conquering the wasteland in my name.

It took two hours to turn me into a monster.

That's about right.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Are the first lunchboxes you get from early objectives the only free ones you'll ever get?

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Cojawfee posted:

Are the first lunchboxes you get from early objectives the only free ones you'll ever get?

No, you get more from objectives later on. You can skip objectives, too, but I think there is a cooldown on how often you can do that.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
You skip one a day. You get good stuff from free lunch boxes. I got a couple sets of power armor. Also you get an evaluation at the end of every day and I think every seven days you get a lunch box as well.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

RBA Starblade posted:

There aren't a lot special or easter egg numbered vaults are there? I heard 666 gets swarmed by deathclaws but don't know if that's true or not.

It'd be great if they put in more meta game elements to hopefully push more people into a mad scientist playstyle, but it also kind of works as something you stumble into and work out your own fun after getting bored with a perfect vault run.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I really need the ability to delete rooms that are in between rooms. Just have it be an empty hallway like sim tower. I have to waste a lot of money building up before I can start making my vault the way I want it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cojawfee posted:

I really need the ability to delete rooms that are in between rooms. Just have it be an empty hallway like sim tower. I have to waste a lot of money building up before I can start making my vault the way I want it.

You can get away with only destroying like two rooms after the tutorial forces you to be sub-optimal.

If I ever bother to start a new vault I'd probably just blow all my money digging an elevator down to the core of the earth so I can put passive room deep where I never have to see them again and keep the top 10 rows for production rooms and the next block for training and just ignore the 2 wide third column entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Azhais posted:

You can get away with only destroying like two rooms after the tutorial forces you to be sub-optimal.

If I ever bother to start a new vault I'd probably just blow all my money digging an elevator down to the core of the earth so I can put passive room deep where I never have to see them again and keep the top 10 rows for production rooms and the next block for training and just ignore the 2 wide third column entirely.

Will fires and disasters not spread up elevator shafts? Only to directly adjacent rooms? If so, that would be awesome to build around.

• Locked thread