Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Jessica Jones episode titles

1x01 - AKA Ladies Night (52m)
1x02 - AKA Crush Syndrome (52m)
1x03 - AKA It's Called Whiskey (54m)
1x04 - AKA 99 Friends
1x05 - AKA The Sandwich Saved Me (50m)
1x06 - AKA You're a Winner (54m)
1x07 - AKA Top Shelf Perverts
1x08 - AKA WWJD?
1x09 - AKA Sin Bin
1x10 - AKA The Kumbaya Circle Jerk
1x11 - AKA I've Got the Blues
1x12 - AKA Jewel and the Power Man
1x13 - AKA Smile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

1x12, hell yeah.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MikeJF posted:

The extreme levels of shading to add depth look a little too on-the-nose to me.

I like how they panel-lined it like a Gundam model.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Blockhouse posted:

Jessica Jones episode titles

1x01 - AKA Ladies Night (52m)
1x02 - AKA Crush Syndrome (52m)
1x03 - AKA It's Called Whiskey (54m)
1x04 - AKA 99 Friends
1x05 - AKA The Sandwich Saved Me (50m)
1x06 - AKA You're a Winner (54m)
1x07 - AKA Top Shelf Perverts
1x08 - AKA WWJD?
1x09 - AKA Sin Bin
1x10 - AKA The Kumbaya Circle Jerk
1x11 - AKA I've Got the Blues
1x12 - AKA Jewel and the Power Man
1x13 - AKA Smile

I'm not quite sure why I'm so excited about episode titles, but I am.

Some of those are just great.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

1x12, hell yeah.

:hfive:

I was kinda worried they'd drop the Jewel name, considering Bendis seems ashamed of it

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Dacap posted:

The new Flash costume for season 2 looks way better than the season 1 suit. This is movie quality.

Looks weird in this shot. Would like to see it in more neutral lighting. With the lighting and image compression, it almost looks like the 90's TV suit to me.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
He found his dad's suit via time shenanigans.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think I'd enjoy it if they found some pretext for them to have John Wesley Shipp in a Flash suit.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think I'd enjoy it if they found some pretext for them to have John Wesley Shipp in a Flash suit.

Pull a Flashpoint, but instead of Bat-dad, it's Flash dad. They already confirmed alternate universes, so the door is open. Hire me Warner Bros.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Dacap posted:

The new Flash costume for season 2 looks way better than the season 1 suit. This is movie quality.

Um...I think this might be a fan edit.

None of the usual news sites have posted this image. And I think that's the Reverse-Flash's suit design, merely colored red.

Most importantly, look at the emblem. It looks super edited.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Just caught up with shield. I have to say the second season was pretty great. I really do like the show and can't wait for the new season, especially with the way the last one ended.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

BrianWilly posted:

Um...I think this might be a fan edit.

None of the usual news sites have posted this image. And I think that's the Reverse-Flash's suit design, merely colored red.

Most importantly, look at the emblem. It looks super edited.

I think you're right. I saw it on twitter here (http://www.latino-review.com/news/watch-this-new-promo-for-the-flash-season-2) and didn't notice that it was same as the Reverse costume looking at it on my phone.

Dacap fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 20, 2015

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

The only difference between Season 1 and Season 2's Flash costumes is that now Barry has a white emblem, that's it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Goddamn, I watched the Tricksters episode... it was amazing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

Goddamn, I watched the Tricksters episode... it was amazing.

That's not sanitary!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I guess that Ben McKenzie is saying that Gotham is going more serialized next season?

quote:

I think we made a mistake relatively early on in trying to introduce a villain and take care of that villain in one episode: catch them, send them to Arkham, do whatever. That was just a mistake. We should’ve never done it.

We were ordered for 16 [episodes]. We were going to have one break and come back and finish the rest of them in terms of the airing, and then we added six more, so we had to break again and then we had to come back again. And it’s hard for the audience to follow that many changes in a series in terms of when it’s airing and when it’s not. […]

The audience really wants to understand who these people are and live with them, sit with them and enjoy them. Whether they’re evil or good, they are entertaining. So that’s what we’re doing in season 2. [It’s] really kick rear end. I think it’s exactly what the fans want to see.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Oh boy, Gotham can be more boring! Guess I can keep not watching safely knowing I won't be missing anything.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Well, the got rid of Fish, which is going to be a huge improvement. If they have also gotten rid of Barbara that would also go a long way. More Bullock, more adventures of young master Bruce and way less Mob stuff. Yes i know the Penguin is great, but he's the only good thing about otherwise boring as poo poo stories. Though I admit, mob stuff really bores me these days. It's overplayed to the level of zombies, why I have zero interest in True Detective Season 2.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

twistedmentat posted:

Well, the got rid of Fish, which is going to be a huge improvement. If they have also gotten rid of Barbara that would also go a long way.

Now they just need to get rid of everyone else.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Looks like that Mockingbird SHIELD spinoff is back on again, titled "Marvel's Most Wanted

If we have a show of Mockingbird and Lance globetrotting around the world hunting down B-Level Marvel villians I am so in...

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

GLOSS posted:

Looks like that Mockingbird SHIELD spinoff is back on again, titled "Marvel's Most Wanted

If we have a show of Mockingbird and Lance globetrotting around the world hunting down B-Level Marvel villians I am so in...

This seems like a bad idea and I find it hard to imagine a scenario that doesn't result in the creative dilution of Agents of SHIELD. Two espionage-themed Marvel shows is plenty, thanks.

I will watch it anyway.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I think SHIELD is a great show and I like those characters, but I wouldn't actually want a whole spin-off about them, everything about this always seemed wholly unnecessary

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Agents of SHIELD has not come any where near close to the content density needed to be able to spin off a show about one of its team members. Going forward with this show is a move that can actually end up hurting SHIELD since 99% of those story lines could just be used by AoS instead.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Unless season 3 intends to add a larger cast that they can have Bobbi and Hunter go off and do something else. They have said straight up this season is the Secret Warriors season. Though I'd think that Mockingbird & Hunter Adventures would make a good 10 week summer replacement show than an actual series.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Barry Convex posted:

This seems like a bad idea and I find it hard to imagine a scenario that doesn't result in the creative dilution of Agents of SHIELD. Two espionage-themed Marvel shows is plenty, thanks.

I will watch it anyway.

I was pretty skeptical too, but now that Barry Convex has thrown in his reverse-Cassandra style prophecy I find myself feeling much more optimistic!

But yeah, I feel like it's gonna have to be very different from SHIELD for it to be worthwhile. I don't want this to be like CSI or Law and Order where there's just six different barely distinguishable versions of each. Carter and SHIELD work because the setting is really different and that allows for a different tone, but I'm not sure about this show. Maybe as a mid-season replacement or summer show or something.

I mean, in the article they claim it's "not a spinoff" and it's an "entirely new project" but that sounds like buzzwords. If they could actually come up with a way to make this show its own thing, I'd be up for it. I guess they could do a much more casual "Hawkeye & Mockingbird" style approach, just with Mockingbird taking over as the lead and Lance replacing Hawkeye.

...actually that could really work quite well.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hunter better start wearing a lot of purple and carrying a bow then.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Reallythe biggest thing Gotham suffered from was being extended.

I dont mean that I dont want season 2 but it really showed the problems with the 22 episode season. Too much padding and stupidity.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

twistedmentat posted:

Hunter better start wearing a lot of purple and carrying a bow then.

Get a dog

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Unless season 3 intends to add a larger cast that they can have Bobbi and Hunter go off and do something else. They have said straight up this season is the Secret Warriors season. Though I'd think that Mockingbird & Hunter Adventures would make a good 10 week summer replacement show than an actual series.

Expanding the cast isn't the issue. The show is already heavily hamstrung about what it can and cannot do within the realms of the movies (and now the Netflix series) and spinning off another show that will literally be using characters from AoS is the last thing AoS needs right now. They should keep interesting characters on board and concentrate on making the best show possible instead of spinning off two of the more interesting characters ever on the show one season after they debuted, imo.

That being said, a summer show would be cool. I just don't want it to be at the expense of AoS.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
There's also the risk that if they split but keep the same behind the scenes team on both it'll cause the show that gets less attention to go to poo poo, like what happened with Arrow and Flash.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

Expanding the cast isn't the issue. The show is already heavily hamstrung about what it can and cannot do within the realms of the movies (and now the Netflix series) and spinning off another show that will literally be using characters from AoS is the last thing AoS needs right now. They should keep interesting characters on board and concentrate on making the best show possible instead of spinning off two of the more interesting characters ever on the show one season after they debuted, imo.

That being said, a summer show would be cool. I just don't want it to be at the expense of AoS.

I mean, aren't they only hamstrung in that sense to the extent that Marvel is intentionally hamstringing them? Which is dependent on whether Marvel (Disney) feels it's worthwhile to use up those characters on an Agents of SHIELD appearance instead of using them in a movie?

Point being, if the show is getting a lot better and, more importantly, becoming more successful, then perhaps Marvel will be more willing to let C and even B tier Marvel properties show up on the show, because they won't feel like it's a waste. We certainly saw an increase in the use of comic properties in Season 2, with the Inhumans and Hyde and Skye=Daisy and Mockingbird and everything.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

XboxPants posted:

I mean, aren't they only hamstrung in that sense to the extent that Marvel is intentionally hamstringing them? Which is dependent on whether Marvel (Disney) feels it's worthwhile to use up those characters on an Agents of SHIELD appearance instead of using them in a movie?

Point being, if the show is getting a lot better and, more importantly, becoming more successful, then perhaps Marvel will be more willing to let C and even B tier Marvel properties show up on the show, because they won't feel like it's a waste. We certainly saw an increase in the use of comic properties in Season 2, with the Inhumans and Hyde and Skye=Daisy and Mockingbird and everything.

That is the dream, but as recent as a few months ago, no one involved with knowing about such things who have commented on AoS have said anything indicating that Disney was intending on moving in that direction. If they were, I would imagine they would have spent some coin marketing AoS being more "integrated" into things for the coming season (or at least building hype about a "bigger" season or something.) I mean Arrow and Flash have been trying to hype up their next seasons for weeks now and there are constant news stories about characters making cameos on those shows (and even Supergirl.) I haven't seen jackshit for SHIELD that mattered outside of that mystery casting a couple of weeks ago. Even Agent Carter started trying, and that show is months further away than AoS! This leaves me to believe that they aren't trying to break any boundaries this season, which is fine since last season was an improvement, but a spin off would probably undercut them quite a bit.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

That is the dream, but as recent as a few months ago, no one involved with knowing about such things who have commented on AoS have said anything indicating that Disney was intending on moving in that direction. If they were, I would imagine they would have spent some coin marketing AoS being more "integrated" into things for the coming season (or at least building hype about a "bigger" season or something.) I mean Arrow and Flash have been trying to hype up their next seasons for weeks now and there are constant news stories about characters making cameos on those shows (and even Supergirl.) I haven't seen jackshit for SHIELD that mattered outside of that mystery casting a couple of weeks ago. Even Agent Carter started trying, and that show is months further away than AoS! This leaves me to believe that they aren't trying to break any boundaries this season, which is fine since last season was an improvement, but a spin off would probably undercut them quite a bit.

Yeah that sounds about right. I'm still going to be baselessly optimistic, though. Maybe AoS Season 2 on netflix + word of mouth will somehow miraculously increase ratings. I'm hoping for it... but I'm not expecting it.

On a vaguely related note, I've been going back and watching some recommended episodes of the old Hulk TV series 'cause I'd always heard decent things and I'm pretty impressed with not only the quality, but just the direction they took it in. How much not a superhero action show it is. I'd love for them to just do that again, and I feel like it could be successful, if only somehow it was plausible to get Mark Ruffalo to star on your TV show.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 21, 2015

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

twistedmentat posted:

Well, the got rid of Fish, which is going to be a huge improvement. If they have also gotten rid of Barbara that would also go a long way.

A while ago when they announced that Fish wasn't going to be in season 2, the article had the headline of "Guess who's not coming back to Gotham season 2" or something like that and I was so excited hoping it was Barbara. This should not be a reaction to a character. Seriously, I was ok with everything else in that show, but Goooooood drat is Barbara terrible. I'm going to need to catch back up, the mid-season break killed the momentum and I didn't get past the one where Gordon is reinstated at the GCPD. I was excited to see that Jeffery Combs was in one of them, so at least I have that to look forward to, but man, Barbara makes it very difficult to get too excited.

I need to watch more AoS, I only watched the first episode of season 2.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Apparently the EP of Flash agreed that Iris was kind of bad last season. They hope to get her sorted this year and have her be a proper member of the gang now that she knows the truth. Even the writers felt relief in finally getting her on the same page as everyone else.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

Apparently the EP of Flash agreed that Iris was kind of bad last season. They hope to get her sorted this year and have her be a proper member of the gang now that she knows the truth. Even the writers felt relief in finally getting her on the same page as everyone else.

One thing I feel like I've learned over the years from shows with secrets and secret identities is that 'keeping my secret from x' never works well. They always improve once all the main characters know.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

MikeJF posted:

One thing I feel like I've learned over the years from shows with secrets and secret identities is that 'keeping my secret from x' never works well. They always improve once all the main characters know.

This is why Smallville was so bad. Clark never found out he's Superman.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Whizbang posted:

Well played. God drat.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Idunno man, The Flash was pretty entertaining while Iris didn't know about Barry.

Also it was pretty funny to see Captain Lance either being so stupid to now know Oliver was the Arrow or if he was just playing stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Whizbang posted:

:drat: