Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

meatpimp posted:

TT of '13 was not a good poster. You're something better than that.

Why thank you :D

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Quoting for probation (low effort).

On a lighter note, I wonder if others have used subtle automotive detailing around your homes. How do you stop getting too greasemonkeyish while maintaining a consistent design?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I am also angry about some words on a screen I can just scroll right past.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Slow is Fast posted:

Gonna need more info on these cattes.

They pass emissions and inspection okay? Any mods. Beautiful cattes.

Big grey fella is Taco. He's some kind of maine coon mix and weighs 27 Lbs. He's the poo poo and is totally my boy. Floof belly is Chex, former stray. Short haired marshmallow belly is Biscuit, former feral barn kitten. Downstairs on the tile is Banana, shelter cat, and on the red thing is Coco, shelter cat. They all run sick nasty mods like royal canin mixed with blue buffalo for mad tyte drifts through the house. All cattes have a broken meow of some type.

E: the wheel clock came from a modern furniture store, but it's got a sick offset.

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 19, 2015

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

El Jebus posted:

Have you checked out the motorcycle camping thread in CA yet? Pretty cool info and lots of pics and stories.

Holy poo poo I forgot that was a thing. Yay reading material!

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

BloodBag posted:

Big grey fella is Taco. He's some kind of maine coon mix and weighs 27 Lbs. He's the poo poo and is totally my boy. Floof belly is Chex, former stray. Short haired marshmallow belly is Biscuit, former feral barn kitten. Downstairs on the tile is Banana, shelter cat, and on the red thing is Coco, shelter cat. They all run sick nasty mods like royal canin mixed with blue buffalo for mad tyte drifts through the house. All cattes have a broken meow of some type.

E: the wheel clock came from a modern furniture store, but it's got a sick offset.

I don't suppose the store has a website? Love playful touches like this around the home. Especially if I can get them past wifey!

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I just had two fantastic vacations back to back, one out of state and one in state. Out of state visited my family, did some hiking, dipped my toes in the ocean, ate great food, and took my daughter to The Enchanted Forest in Oregon. I'd gone there every year growing up, but she's 13 and had never been. It was everything I remembered, just silly fun. Basically what Walt Disney would have done if he didn't have money.

Then some friends visited me at home. I finally went up Pike's Peak even though I've lived in CO 16 years now. Paid for dinner for my friends at The Buckhorn Exchange (one of CO's oldest restaurants) and even tried alligator tail. It's not bad. Also went to a fantastic concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater, man they really have the audio dialed in there. It was super loud with zero distortion.

It's fairly depressing to come back to work after all that, but at the same time it really recharged me and got me out of my funk. We'll see if I slip back in. It was 50 degrees and raining this morning, smelled like a very early Autumn.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I have successfully and organically goatsed 3 seperate virgins this week

This reminds me, we changed a button function on a windows 10 login page to hello.jpg last week. It was perfect, perfect in every way!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

LloydDobler posted:

Then some friends visited me at home. I finally went up Pike's Peak even though I've lived in CO 16 years now. Paid for dinner for my friends at The Buckhorn Exchange (one of CO's oldest restaurants) and even tried alligator tail. It's not bad. Also went to a fantastic concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater, man they really have the audio dialed in there. It was super loud with zero distortion.

I did a cross-country trip a long time ago and Pike's Peak was the standout. We hit the Grand Canyon the next day and it looked like a pile of puke in comparison. Here's the shitbox that I used to drive to the top, passing a whole lot of other cars that were overheating on the way up:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

CommieGIR posted:

the new job is....quite the drive. At least I fixed the AC in the Audi before being stuck in Atlanta hell traffic for two hours.

Aw, cheer up, dude. Eventually your soul falls out somewhere around Jimmy Carter on 85NB around 5:45 and you flip over to 955 and Erick Erick:unsmigghh:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Breath Ray posted:

I don't suppose the store has a website? Love playful touches like this around the home. Especially if I can get them past wifey!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Umbra-Compass-Cast-Metal-Clock/dp/B000BHKF5M

BAM! Umbra compass wall clock :smuggo: cast metal

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!
I see i missed some top quality posts in here last night or earlier today..

Fun at work, call the office, told to head back local. Drive from central London to Harlow, 31 miles apart. poo poo loads of traffic, takes ages. 3 miles from the office and the phone rings..

"We have a collection from North London that will bring you back to Harlow.."

I was in Harlow. I had just got into Harlow, and had to turn around and head back like 5 miles from where i'd just been.

gently caress today. Currently stuffing my face with comfort food.

Soo.. How's everyone else?

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Mooseykins posted:

Soo.. How's everyone else?

Tired, but starting to get a little more excited about The Martian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej3ioOneTy8

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I just went out to lunch with my dad. Homemade fries, crunchy chicken fingers and a good excuse to drink beers at 1pm. :thumbsup:

I like AI. You guys are neat and bape is a butt.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

ssjonizuka posted:

Well that looks pretty loving awesome.

I have a whole stack of movies i've yet to watch. I keep buying DVDs. I don't have a working DVD player.

Cage posted:

I just went out to lunch with my dad. Homemade fries, crunchy chicken fingers and a good excuse to drink beers at 1pm. :thumbsup:

I like AI. You guys are neat and bape is a butt.

I don't drink, but as i understand it drinking is acceptable after midday. Midday in any country, and not neccessarily the country you're in.

Bape, Corn and Track day are all English. A definitely pattern showing.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Mooseykins posted:

Well that looks pretty loving awesome.

I have a whole stack of movies i've yet to watch. I keep buying DVDs. I don't have a working DVD player.

I don't drink, but as i understand it drinking is acceptable after midday. Midday in any country, and not neccessarily the country you're in.

The Martian in book form is pretty good. I'm wondering how direct of an adaptation it'll be.

NC state has decided to replace solid-green lights with flashing yellow arrows at many intersections in the Triangle area. Their reasoning is that too many accidents have been caused by (dumbass) drivers who don't realize (don't care) that a solid green (vs a solid green ARROW) does not signal a protected turn, and are turning into traffic that is moving the other direction. A couple of them are already up, and they're already causing issues, as the same drivers who were turning on green are now not realizing that a flashing yellow means "stop at the intersection (NOT IN IT), and then proceed when clear".

This would not be anywhere near as much of a problem if the traffic engineers here were not third-grade dropouts, leading people to try to jump traffic and run red to avoid waiting 8+ minutes at cross streets. And if they didn't allow city councils to oppose new road construction which gives people the opportunity to avoid toll roads.

EDIT: Yes, I realize that traffic engineers have no power to oppose the people they work for.

The Prong Song fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 19, 2015

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

ssjonizuka posted:

Okay so I know that in this trailer alone they revealed just about everything from beginning to end in the book, but I'm still super excited.

Last book I read in a single day like The Martian was the first Harry Potter.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Pham Nuwen posted:

So while various shitheads were posting "hello" and copy-pasting AI chat thread quotes into The Ray Parlour, my pickup was breaking down even more! Huzzah!

Can someone tell me what the green wire on this starter is for? I see the battery and motor terminals, and I see the terminal for the ignition switch, but I can't figure out where the green wire goes. It's currently hanging disconnected on my pickup, and I can't remember if it's always been like that or not--and I can't find anything obvious for it to connect to.

A ground for the case maybe?

Connect it to the ground and see what happens :buddy:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Sigma X posted:

NC state has decided to replace solid-green lights with flashing yellow arrows at many intersections in the Triangle area. Their reasoning is that too many accidents have been caused by (dumbass) drivers who don't realize (don't care) that a solid green (vs a solid green ARROW) does not signal a protected turn, and are turning into traffic that is moving the other direction. A couple of them are already up, and they're already causing issues, as the same drivers who were turning on green are now not realizing that a flashing yellow means "stop at the intersection (NOT IN IT), and then proceed when clear".

I think this might've been part of the most recently revised federal guidelines; a lot of these have been showing up around metro Phoenix in the last few years. They seem to have improved things a bit. I used to come across people who would not turn left unless they had a protected arrow, no matter what.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

ssjonizuka posted:

I feel like after watching that I don't actually need to see the film. That was pretty much the entirety of the film from start to finish in 2.5 minutes.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Mooseykins posted:

My how far you've all fallen. A hundred years ago; the greatest empire the world has ever seen. Now; shitposting on the internet from your inbred little island.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Geirskogul posted:

Okay so I know that in this trailer alone they revealed just about everything from beginning to end in the book, but I'm still super excited.

Last book I read in a single day like The Martian was the first Harry Potter.

My biggest fear was how they were going to convey the humor, and it's starting to bleed out a little more in this trailer. That is the likely the biggest hurdle. It's a compelling story, no doubt, but the humor is a key part of it, and if they don't nail it, it's going to be a garbage film, IMO.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

88h88 posted:

I feel like after watching that I don't actually need to see the film. That was pretty much the entirety of the film from start to finish in 2.5 minutes.

You didn't get to see him mixing his poop with the soil, or the final rescue attempt which has him riding outside on the top of a rocket.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I need to liquidate all my DVDs except the few I know will never be on Netflix and/or hard to find online to download. I have like 150 of them. Plus a dope rear end Brookstone electric rotating DVD case I never use.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I need to liquidate all my DVDs except the few I know will never be on Netflix and/or hard to find online to download. I have like 150 of them. Plus a dope rear end Brookstone electric rotating DVD case I never use.

Skeet-shot at NEAI?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Do it. I dumped mine on Amazon's trade-in and getting rid of all of that poo poo feels good even if they're giving you pocket change at best for each one.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

IOwnCalculus posted:

I think this might've been part of the most recently revised federal guidelines; a lot of these have been showing up around metro Phoenix in the last few years. They seem to have improved things a bit. I used to come across people who would not turn left unless they had a protected arrow, no matter what.

I like the yellow arrow, its been popping up hear as well. I like it better than the old "hold here red" on a turn lane, now if there is a decent break in traffic you can make a left turn with out waiting for the next light cycle.

As long as retards don't stare at it when there is no one coming, they work great.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Do it. I dumped mine on Amazon's trade-in and getting rid of all of that poo poo feels good even if they're giving you pocket change at best for each one.

Half Price Books buys up DVD's as well. Once I get moved in, the wife and I are planning on doing a big garage sale and what ever is left over, it goes to the local churches (I refuse to give to Goodwill).

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 19, 2015

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
They do flashing red arrows for turning left at some of the intersections around here. It actually kinda annoys me when I'm coming down a hill and can see that it is [i]very[i] clear, but I still have to stop. But it is much better than the alternative of stupid people just blowing through with out looking and causing huge accidents and traffic jams.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

IOwnCalculus posted:

How easy is this? I could get rid of all my cds and be a happier man

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Man, I ignore the chat thread for a bit and suddenly probations are everywhere and some of my favorites are in kitty jail :(

On the plus side, this past week has led to me possibly starting a fwb thing with an incredibly hot ex of mine, so... yeah, totally okay with that :v:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Someone please donate an aluminum block gen 3 or gen 4 Chevrolet small block to go into my 240. Thanks.

Edit: or an Ecoboost 2.3. I'll take one of thems too.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 19, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I will point out Kaptain Ballistik is once again driving in the WRC and is car 79 at Rally Australia. And is not last car in the WRC field.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

S5 and S6. Audis are everywhere in the rich part of town, more popular than Bimmers and Mercs now.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Do Audi drivers drive like complete cunts in the US like they do the UK?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Ugh. After two days of delivery in the rain with no ac my car smells like an unholy combination of mildew, sweat, and buffalo sauce. Any tips for getting the stank out of leather seats?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Cakefool posted:

How easy is this? I could get rid of all my cds and be a happier man

I sold a couple hundred DVD's to secondspin.com. They give a little more than Amazon and reimburse shipping. Some they only pay $.10 for, some a few bucks, I think I ended up with $200-$250 total. Oh and they wouldn't take SW Episode 1 lol.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

88h88 posted:

Do Audi drivers drive like complete cunts in the US like they do the UK?

These guys disappointed me by not racing, so yes.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Are remanufactured starter motors worth a drat? NAPA has a could options ranging $53-86

Then there's Amazon which has this "Premier Gear" new starter: http://www.amazon.com/Premier-Gear-PG-16922-Professional-Starter/dp/B00KY0HF0E/ and some remanufactured options too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Just had to cough up my $1000 deductable up front. I had to take out another credit card to do it. I'm never getting out of debt :suicide: This has to be one of the worst days of my life, and it's my 7 year anniversary :toot: At least we love each other, right? :unsmith:

• Locked thread