Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Some crazy poo poo on this page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Somebody post some crazy poo poo

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Some crazy poo poo last page

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Phoon posted:

Somebody post some crazy poo poo

This is how much BattleZones I have on hand right now

Cause I am a crazy person

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
similar to the amount I have actually

I love that kit

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Im never gonna catch up with all the painting

E: picking up a dreadball extreme wave 2 and my kings of war books today

Phoon fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 18, 2015

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Miniature Market is having their summer sale and have a bunch of Dreadball stuff on sale. 50% off

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I thought it was just the books but I now have a ronaldo and a large golem

bencreateddisco
Dec 7, 2011

I BLEW $74K IN KICKSTARTER MONEY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS UGLY AVATAR

moths posted:

The full theme and fluff of the army is done, it's like if you walked into a Dark Sun beta and said "No, Arthas this should be in an underwater Atlantis setting."

You could have a slew of great, valid reasons - but nobody is going to push a release back to make big changes because a guy on the internet took issue.

The most anyone can reasonably expect is to get some of the most janky names fixed. Because that's a find & replace operation, not a rewrite.

I think that's all he seems to be asking for, which I totally agree would be the only reasonable response.

:shrug:

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?

quote:

I'm also not too thrilled with the idea of another Norse themed army when we're supposed to be getting the frozen kindred army which should contain, amongst other things, norse themed humans. It's probably too late, but I'd like to see the army changed from Viking themed to Visigoth or Sumerian themed, with appropriate language changes.

Visigoth would be an interesting point of difference compared to the Basileans and other succesor states, while Sumerian would fit the idea that this is a human civilisation worshipping an evil god much older than the wicked ones. I'm not sure where on the map the Varangur are supposed to be, but they can't be both old and viking and live anywhere on the "post-Winter" shoreline, either.

The person mostly quoted above also suggested making it a Greek theme rather than a Viking theme, keeping the Varang name and coastal pirate background but switching the unit names out for more greek flavour, like derivatives of Myrmidon and such.

That's not asking for a few names changed, that's asking for a full fluff rewrite

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

drat there's no hardback book in this package but I have two ronnies!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Daedleh posted:

That's not asking for a few names changed, that's asking for a full fluff rewrite

its pretty ridiculous to go into any company's forum and expect them to do something like this

sorry dude

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Guess I'm just disappointed in the theme. Not the army for me anyway.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Rulebook Heavily posted:

True, but the lists were sold as conversion lists to let you field your cool things. They didn't expect major changes.

And to clarify, I'd be okay with just name changes.

The lizardmen have always been Aztecy so giving them the option for fire stuff to represent Quetzalcoatl's sun aspect and letting them take a feathered serpent doesn't seem off base.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

Guess I'm just disappointed in the theme. Not the army for me anyway.

me too

I am turning my chaos warriors into a kings of war army and Im still gonna run them as Orcs cause that list doesnt really do anything for me

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Tyrant king blaine is fantastic

e: I need to find a really big glue bottle so I have a use for these obsidian golem arms

Phoon fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 18, 2015

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

Moola posted:

me too

I am turning my chaos warriors into a kings of war army and Im still gonna run them as Orcs cause that list doesnt really do anything for me

Mine're going 3 to a movement tray as wights for my undead - 4 regiments or 2 hordes that way.

Also, yeah, Tyrant King Blaine is amazing and the resin quality is a massive improvement on the Deadzone resin stuff which I already thought was pretty great. Still waiting on my hardcover/counters package, though - the rest arrived Monday.

enrious
Jan 22, 2015
So I was looking at North Star Figures and thinking about placing an order until I saw their shipping prices to the US.

They really don't want US customers, do they? (and no, Brigade Games doesn't carry the line)

25% of your order.

Place a 60 pound order and pay 15 pounds for shipping. Or, place a $90 order and spend $22 for shipping...insane.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
Can Warpath Enforcers be women?

Seriouspost, I'm a little curious about Warpath. Is that currently in the making of a new edition or what? I'm uncertain about its status as a game. The model range seems a little limited.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The Enforcer armor is unisex.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

demota posted:

Seriouspost, I'm a little curious about Warpath. Is that currently in the making of a new edition or what? I'm uncertain about its status as a game. The model range seems a little limited.

Enforcers in Warpath/Deadzone are canon a mixed-gender force, in heavy armour that makes it very hard to tell. The game's pretty alpha at the moment, a proper kickstarter to expand it to a proper game (and replace certain kits, mostly the orcs) has been planned for a while and was originally going to be this year sometime - it's looking like more like early 2016 now since they've committed to sorting out their current Kickstarters before starting another, as they rather overextended on stuff leading up to 2015.

bencreateddisco
Dec 7, 2011

still working on building up my army, kind of worried that I might be building a weak list, but there is no easy way to gauge what other people will be putting out there.

anyone care to share their list?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

demota posted:

These are male and female enforcers in heavy armour

These are male and female enforcers in medium armour

These are male and female enforcers in light armour

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

bencreateddisco posted:

still working on building up my army, kind of worried that I might be building a weak list, but there is no easy way to gauge what other people will be putting out there.

anyone care to share their list?

I'm waiting for the tournament I'm gonna play in to release its rule pack before I make any lists. As it stands, I have 2 hordes of Ogre Warriors, 1 horde of Shooters, 2 Regiments of Boomers, 2 Giants and a standard bearer, which is 1380 points without artifacts.

Not having actually played a game (I should really test this), my idea is to use the boomers as standoff charge/flank protection for the warriors that can take a reasonable hit while breathing things, with the ASB providing inspiring, and the shooters up the back punching out some serious 36" support fire with a solid amount of nerve protecting against counterbattery, and I'm not sure how to use the giants yet. It's probably too slow as a force, but iunno how many points the event is going for yet. 2500 and I can put some cavalry in for sure.

e: That was supposed to be edit, not quote :doh:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Aug 19, 2015

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

adhuin posted:

Your "local Lizard-player" is a gigantic man-baby.
The list has most of the contents of the GW:s Lizardmen Army with 2 Fire Elemental entries added to mix and Carnosaurs having breath weapon and option for wings.

Turning every instance of lizardmen into yet another group of draconians is pretty drat frustrating for those who liked fantasy pre-dragonlance, but it probably shouldn't be a deal breaker for anyone.

Phoon posted:

No they're to allow you to use them, I don't understand what the problem is with them adding options

For me, the inclusion of archers in the chaos proxy list tells me that the army is balanced around a different, more combined arms, playstyle than chaos was, and I won't be able to effectively run the minis I have.

Is this a knee-jerk, probably wrong reaction? Probably!

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 19, 2015

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Yeah but you can use the salamander rules and not the fluff. You can theme your army however you want to

Evilmonstar
Nov 18, 2012

Had my 2nd game the other day and we had a few rules questions pop that we were too stupid/drunk to figure out ourselves:

1) Say I have 2 units attacking a single enemy unit and I am able to rout it after my second unit finishes its attacks. The first unit has already bounced back as they've completed their attacks. Do both the first and second unit get to make the D6 forward move or pivot after the enemy unit is routed, or just the unit that "finished" it?

2) Can you cast spells while engaged in melee? For example, can my Liche King who charged an enemy unit cast surge on another unengaged unit (so long as its in LOS and range)?

3) Along those same lines, if I charge a unit into an enemy, can I target my engaged unit with a heal spell?

Thanks!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Phoon posted:

Yeah but you can use the salamander rules and not the fluff. You can theme your army however you want to

this exactly

im pretty much doing this for all my armies

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

Evilmonstar posted:

Had my 2nd game the other day and we had a few rules questions pop that we were too stupid/drunk to figure out ourselves:

1) Say I have 2 units attacking a single enemy unit and I am able to rout it after my second unit finishes its attacks. The first unit has already bounced back as they've completed their attacks. Do both the first and second unit get to make the D6 forward move or pivot after the enemy unit is routed, or just the unit that "finished" it?

2) Can you cast spells while engaged in melee? For example, can my Liche King who charged an enemy unit cast surge on another unengaged unit (so long as its in LOS and range)?

3) Along those same lines, if I charge a unit into an enemy, can I target my engaged unit with a heal spell?

Thanks!

1: You EITHER regroup or pull back, and combat is resolved one unit at a time, so the unit that already pulled back stays where it is.

2: Spells are treated as shooting, and as such can't be used in melee except if they explicitly say otherwise.

3: See above, except that Heal explicitly says you CAN use it on units engaged in combat in its rules text, so in that specific example you can.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I need to find good models for a dwarf stonepriest and standard bearer so I have more hero options covered

I really want to surge a greater earth elemental at my enemies

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

Phoon posted:

I need to find good models for a dwarf stonepriest and standard bearer so I have more hero options covered

Surge and Shambling being in more than the Undead is a really interesting change to 2e, as is the existence of Wind Blast. Lot of increased tactical potential with magic there.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

And the stone priest surge is 8 which is -I think- really good

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

demota posted:

To add to what was already said, the kickstarter exclusive model for the latest campaign was a not-samus aran.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

Phoon posted:

And the stone priest surge is 8 which is -I think- really good

Averages about 4" of extra movement - spell hits are always a 4+.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Phoon posted:

Reaper probably has you covered.

bencreateddisco
Dec 7, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

I'm waiting for the tournament I'm gonna play in to release its rule pack before I make any lists. As it stands, I have 2 hordes of Ogre Warriors, 1 horde of Shooters, 2 Regiments of Boomers, 2 Giants and a standard bearer, which is 1380 points without artifacts.

Not having actually played a game (I should really test this), my idea is to use the boomers as standoff charge/flank protection for the warriors that can take a reasonable hit while breathing things, with the ASB providing inspiring, and the shooters up the back punching out some serious 36" support fire with a solid amount of nerve protecting against counterbattery, and I'm not sure how to use the giants yet. It's probably too slow as a force, but iunno how many points the event is going for yet. 2500 and I can put some cavalry in for sure.

e: That was supposed to be edit, not quote :doh:

word, i might simulate some combats against your list or something. my goal is to build up something like this:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Phoon posted:

Pretty much this.

I have pretty large Lizardman Army, that works perfectly with KoW.
I can't use it's Slann Mage priests any more, so they'll have to work as unit fillers.
For new stuff, I have a bunch of elementals from Dungeons and Dragons miniature game. No Fire Elementals, but I have bunch of Large Ice Elementals and a Huge Stone and an Air Elemental.
(And Zillion Dragons from Bones-kickstarters, but everyone has those, right?)
I'm also planning to convert 1 or 2 troops of the Pirate-lizards, as soon as I find suitable hats and pistols for them. :yarr:

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?
This is the 2.5k Ogre list I'm building towards for the Clash of Kings tournament:
1 x Hunters Horde
2 x Warrior Regiment
2 x Warrior Horde (5 point item each)
2 x Boomer Regiment
2 x Chariot Regiment
1 x Red Goblin Scouts Regiment
2 x Red Goblin Scouts Troop
2 x Army Standard Bearer
1 x Captain on Chariot
1 x Grogagamok
1 x Red Goblin Biggit on Fleabag

The army splits into two - infantry and cavalry. The Red Goblins screen the chariots from fast enemy units before peeling off and attacking war engines/lone characters.

The Infantry advance up the board. Thump anything which gets in their way. The Boomers attack anything which lands on the flanks.

Evilmonstar posted:

Thanks!

1) You resolve all attacks against an enemy unit before ending the combat and testing the nerve, not a nerve test after each unit attacking. After the nerve test has been resolved then you bounce back or regroup.

2 & 3 were already answered by muskets

bencreateddisco
Dec 7, 2011

ogres seem to be a pretty popular choice right now

i worry that my flanks aren't super secure, and it's hard to say if a pike phalanx is total garbage or not- they seem like they should hold up against most stuff

could we post everything formatted out from this site? it makes it a lot easier to understand the units if you're not familiar with every army list.

http://kow2.easyarmy.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

bencreateddisco posted:

ogres seem to be a pretty popular choice right now

They're a lot quicker to paint than any other army :v: