Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
ALL HAIL OLMEC

You guys did an awesome job with making this thing look like the awesome bastard child of wizardry and technology, and the particle effects when it burns away taint feels like something is smiting the taint :allears:

Cleaning nodes feels awesome too.

I'm really excited to get a full load of 128 of all the kinds of essentia so I can let this sucker really go to town on an area.

Magres fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Aug 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massecurr
Dec 15, 2012
So I was playing around in Resonate Rise 3 and my NEI UI has completely vanished, I think it happened when I went into my crafting terminal in addition when ever I put on anything with effects, like my night vision chest plate , the inventory displays off center which fucks with seeing what stuff has what aspects in Thaumcraft what broke and how do I fix it?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

massecurr posted:

So I was playing around in Resonate Rise 3 and my NEI UI has completely vanished, I think it happened when I went into my crafting terminal in addition when ever I put on anything with effects, like my night vision chest plate , the inventory displays off center which fucks with seeing what stuff has what aspects in Thaumcraft what broke and how do I fix it?

Press O.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Magres posted:

ALL HAIL OLMEC

You guys did an awesome job with making this thing look like the awesome bastard child of wizardry and technology, and the particle effects when it burns away taint feels like something is smiting the taint :allears:

Cleaning nodes feels awesome too.

I'm really excited to get a full load of 128 of all the kinds of essentia so I can let this sucker really go to town on an area.

Thanks! We gave TheHave, the Technic artist, the existing dawn totem & silverwood graphics, and told him to make minecraft SHODAN and he came out with that brilliant thing.

massecurr
Dec 15, 2012

that did it, thank ya

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
If people don't mind horribly, I'm gonna write up my immediate thoughts on how to automate all the essentia production you need to fuel Olmec to his fullest extent:

Aer - Sugar Cane farm, you can use mana spreaders with bore lenses to break all the sugar cane. I'm hoping to find a way to fit enough Hydroangeas in to make it self-powering.
Herba - Sugar Cane farm, the reeds break down into aer, herba, and aqua
Auram - Euclidaisies, tough to automate this unless anyone knows of a way to make an arcane furnace setup that discards everything but Auram that I can feed my wispy essences into. (nm can be done with void jars and golems, it's just a pain)
Cognitio - Sugar Cane farm, autocraft paper, burn paper for Cog
Arbor - Tree farm, arbor is really easy to get en masse
Ignis - Tree farm -> Charcoal
Mechanus - Levers, use some Igneous Extruders to feed cobble into a cyclic assembler, feed it sticks, have it spit out sticks
Ordo - Tree farm -> Charcoal -> Centrifuge -> Ordo
Sano - MFR Rancher, milk, alchemical boiler
Vacuos - Tree farm -> Chests? Otherwise it's Igneous Extruder -> Cobble -> Pulverizer -> Sand -> Furnace -> Glass -> Cyclic Assembly -> Glass Bottle to burn

I don't know that I'm going to obsessively automate everything, but I'd like to automate sugar cane (it's fun with botania), a tree farm, and milk production. If I get Blood Magic up and running with a Well of Suffering, I think I can plop the fire crystal things into my alchemical boilers and furnaces to keep them juiced up permanently, then have golems empty the alembics.

Hrm, if you wanted to really go nuts on things you could automate cobblestone breakdown into terra and perditio, discard the perditio, and use the terra, along with aqua from the sugar cane farm, to duplicate clay indefinitely, making phials a renewable resource, and making most of the systems here into closed loops that just generate material and essentia. Good stuff!

Magres fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Aug 19, 2015

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i genuinely don't want to sound like i'm nitpicking a lot, believe me. i personally lowered it in my solo game since it's a lot to keep track of on top of everything else, but on a group server i'd be fine with whatever. mostly i just wanna be able to sell the adventure pack to other people better, and it's hard to do that when people immediately start asking why they need to get into cooking like 50 different things when they're already dealing with taint and whatever else.

I like the idea, it takes your mind off the taint as you concentrate on getting food, so taint becomes second nature

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Seatox posted:

Placed cheesecakes don't appear to suffer diminishing hunger returns when you eat slices from them, at least in singleplayer. They just seem to give you hunger+saitety. Eating them from your hand does, though.

does that also work with vanilla cakes?

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

President Ark posted:

Press M. It's on the east edge of the map.

There is also the flying lab on the north west corner of the map

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Autocrafting will wind up being a multiblock structure. I never really optimized that with AE2; I only started getting into the crazies with it at the beginning of the year and my cohort lost interest. So I know the gist of crafting CPUs and the like but I'd have to look at it again before I told anybody how to do it with AE2.

BTW where is that secret in the swamp? Given how easy it was to find the secret behind the lake waterfall, I figured the swamp would be nothing. I've been running around all over near swamp delta and getting nothing.

before you had to make a huge multiblock structure to hold the patterns and copros, now its different
crafting setup needs at least 1 storage module and possibly a copro - and it needs to be square in shape so a 2 x 2 x 1 will do - 1 storage 3 copros
these are the actual crafting computers so you may only need one to start.

then you have an assembler surrounded by interfaces (and vice versa) I usually try to do a flat setup as follows

AIAIAIA
IAIAIAI
AIAIAIA

Then you use the interface terminal and pattern terminal to make the patterns and then put them in the interfaces.
You can accelerate the Assemblers.

For smelting etc you put an interface on the top usually with patterns in (via the pattern terminal/interface terminal) and that will allow you to pulverise/smelt stuff needed

Thats it for the crafting setup
(you can just start with assembler and interface on it (remember the small interface does not pass power so you may need to power from a cable seperate if you don't use the block interfaces)

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Autocrafting -used- to be handled by just a big multiblock in AE1, but it's made into seperate machines now. I can write a post about how to AE2 autocrafting works in general, but I don't know how to make it apply to Blightfall specifically. Since I'm in love with this part of AE2 I guess I'll do it anyway. Note this doesn't include some of the fancier tricks, it's more of a basic guide. This also assumes basic knowledge of dealing with cables and channels and such. Because, I mean, Rocko Bonaparte's post.

So, AE2 Autocrafting!

In AE2 there are three primary components that are involved in autocrafting: Molecular Assemblers, ME Interfaces, and Crafting CPUs. The CPUs -are- multiblocks, but it's not the big monolith from AE1. Also necessary for the process is the ME Pattern Terminal, and incredibly useful to the process is the ME Interface Terminal.

The Crafting CPU

A Crafting CPU is what is going to be handling organizing the crafting jobs (and their subjobs). These take a single channel regardless of size, but the minimum they can be is 2x2x1, and it -must- be a rectangular prism (or cube). The size you make it determines its capabilities. First of all, there must be at least one Crafting Storage block as part of it, these are made by combining a Crafting Unit with a ME Storage Component of any size. The rest of the multiblock can be made with any combination of Crafting Storage, Crafting Unit, Crafting Co-Processing Unit, and Crafting Monitor.

The most crucial part to its capabilities is the Crafting Storage. When you ask your ME system to craft for you, the crafting CPU takes those items from your storage and stores them to be processed. Thus, the Storage Component(s) you provide the CPU determine how many 'ingredients' your crafting jobs may entail. A 1k Crafting Storage block is fine for making a simple machine, but it will start to become inadequate if you start crafting things enmasse.

The other factor to your crafting capabilities is the Co-Processing Unit. But its role involves the Interfaces I'm going to be speaking of. To put it simply, the more Co-Processing Units your CPU has, the more tasks it can potentially do in parallel.

Finally, an important note: Each CPU can only be assigned one crafting job at a time regardless of its size, and will become unavailable until the job has finished (or you have canceled it. You can do that by right-clicking on the CPU itself.) Especially early game, it's better to have a couple of small CPUs than one big one.

The Molecular Assembler

These are actually dead simple, really. You put things into a Molecular Assembler, they automatically combine just like doing it on a crafting bench, then import the created item into the network. Bam. That's it. Seriously.

Their true power comes from combining them with ME Interfaces. They are the fun part.

Note that Molecular Assemblers require power and a channel each. I would also recommend looking into Acceleration Cards if you have the diamonds to spare. These can be slotted into AE2 devices such as the Assemblers to greatly speed up their workings.

The ME Interface

..is actually pretty simple too, really. Interfaces contain 9 slots for Encoded Patterns which are, essentially, "(item list) = (completed item)". When the Crafting CPU calls for an item to be made, the interface will see (completed item) is required, and push the relevant (item list) into whatever it is attached to. For example, a Molecular Assembler.

Interfaces come in two flavours: a block, or a panel. Blocks can have multiple Assemblers attached (and use them all at once if possible), while you can have up to five panel Interfaces attached to a single Assembler allowing for 5x9 Pattern slots on a single block taking up much less space. Of course, each interface will require its own cable/channel.

As I mentioned earlier, Crafting Co-Processors allow for more Interfaces to be engaged at the same time. When you start having your patterns spread across multiple Assemblers and machines, it can help speed things up.

The ME Pattern Terminal

This is.. what you're going to be staring at a LOT of the time if you get into autocrafting. The Pattern Terminal takes recipes you input onto a grid and encodes them on Blank Patterns.

(Protip: make Blank Patterns your first autocrafting recipe, always.)

The default state works just like a crafting table: you put in the recipe, and if it's a valid recipe it will show the completed item on the right. Then you click on the Encode Pattern downwards arrow button and you'll get an Encoded Pattern that shows "Crafts: ... with: ...". These then are placed into the slot of a relevant Interface, and, beep boop beep! You will be able to autocraft it.

Now, if you click on the little button on the right that looks like a crafting bench, you'll go from Crafting Pattern mode to Processing Pattern mode, and the Completed Item area changes. This is how you do more advanced autocrafting. As the name suggests, processing. For an example: place an Iron Ore in the grid on the left, and an Iron Ingot in one of the slots on the right, then encode the pattern. If you then place an interface on a Furnace and stick the pattern into it, it will automatically put iron ore into the furnace when called upon, with the expectation that it's going to get an iron ingot out the other end.

On that note...

Other Helpful Parts

For the previous example to work, it actually requires another part: an ME Import Bus. By default these just take anything from the 'inventory' of a thing they are attached to, indiscriminately. They can do more, but that's not really within the purview of this post. Suffice it to say that an Import Bus will whisk created items from the machine back into the network, closing the processing loop.

As I mentioned up at the start, there is another Terminal that you should add to your list: the Interface Terminal. As the name suggests, this uh.. interfaces with your Interfaces. It will list every Interface on the network, sorted into categories by what kind of thing they are attached to: Molecular Assemblers, Pulverizers, Furnaces and so on. Which is nifty. But its true power is that you can insert the patterns into the Interfaces from where you are making them. Each row is an Interface.

Now what?

Once you've followed these steps, anything you have a recipe for but have 0 of will have a 'Craft' line in place of an amount. Best thing is? Autocrafting something that requires something else that you also have a pattern for will craft that as well, as a subjob that is part of the main job.

So, new autocrafteers, go forth and make patterns of absolutely everything you could possibly want to have! It's fun and your life will be infinitely easier with just a bit of simple work.

Edit: Inscribers can be automated too! The way I did it was having 5(+) Inscribers. One for each of the presses, and then one more for creating the finished processors.

For each of the press inscribers, simply have an interface on the back of them with a pattern for item -> circuit, with an import bus on its left side (your right when facing it from the front).

The processor inscriber should have two export busses, one on the back, one on the bottom. The back one exporting Redstone, the bottom exporting the Silicon bases. Then an interface on top with all of the processor patterns, and finally an import bus on the left hand side again.

There might be easier ways of doing this? I don't know them though.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Aug 19, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

you can do an automated sugar cane farm a lot easier with pistons and the timer whatsit from Automagy

also wooden bowls are a perfect source of vacuous with no other essences

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

also with ae2 autocrafting i found it extremely helpful to name the ME Interfaces in an anvil (or right click with a quartz knife in hand and feed it an iron ingot to make a nameplate, then use it in the inscriber to name stuff) for oddball crafting stuff

the custom name shows up in the me interface terminal

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Magres posted:

If people don't mind horribly, I'm gonna write up my immediate thoughts on how to automate all the essentia production you need to fuel Olmec to his fullest extent:

Aer - Sugar Cane farm, you can use mana spreaders with bore lenses to break all the sugar cane. I'm hoping to find a way to fit enough Hydroangeas in to make it self-powering.
Herba - Sugar Cane farm, the reeds break down into aer, herba, and aqua
Auram - Euclidaisies, tough to automate this unless anyone knows of a way to make an arcane furnace setup that discards everything but Auram that I can feed my wispy essences into. (nm can be done with void jars and golems, it's just a pain)
Cognitio - Sugar Cane farm, autocraft paper, burn paper for Cog
Arbor - Tree farm, arbor is really easy to get en masse
Ignis - Tree farm -> Charcoal
Mechanus - Levers, use some Igneous Extruders to feed cobble into a cyclic assembler, feed it sticks, have it spit out sticks
Ordo - Tree farm -> Charcoal -> Centrifuge -> Ordo
Sano - MFR Rancher, milk, alchemical boiler
Vacuos - Tree farm -> Chests? Otherwise it's Igneous Extruder -> Cobble -> Pulverizer -> Sand -> Furnace -> Glass -> Cyclic Assembly -> Glass Bottle to burn

I don't know that I'm going to obsessively automate everything, but I'd like to automate sugar cane (it's fun with botania), a tree farm, and milk production. If I get Blood Magic up and running with a Well of Suffering, I think I can plop the fire crystal things into my alchemical boilers and furnaces to keep them juiced up permanently, then have golems empty the alembics.

Hrm, if you wanted to really go nuts on things you could automate cobblestone breakdown into terra and perditio, discard the perditio, and use the terra, along with aqua from the sugar cane farm, to duplicate clay indefinitely, making phials a renewable resource, and making most of the systems here into closed loops that just generate material and essentia. Good stuff!

You can double up on your sugarcane farm with a greedy chest. You can set it to take 50% of the sugar cane deposited into an adjacent chest and then assign that to your paper mill. I need to work on my setups but I won't have time until the weekend to start setting up a bunch of cool poo poo :(

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Glory of Arioch posted:

also with ae2 autocrafting i found it extremely helpful to name the ME Interfaces in an anvil (or right click with a quartz knife in hand and feed it an iron ingot to make a nameplate, then use it in the inscriber to name stuff) for oddball crafting stuff

the custom name shows up in the me interface terminal

That is pretty cool.

ducttape
Mar 1, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Also, goddamn lamps of growth eat herba like crazy. Feels like I have to burn up half the wheat I harvest as seeds just to keep that thing supplied, eesh.

Try using the veggies from harvestcraft. They grow in 3 stages, so they are relatively quick without a lamp of growth, and they craft into their own seed which all are 1 herba.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Oh hey, random blightfall (potential) bug report: pam's harvestcraft has its own bees that make honey and wax and stuff, but there is a problem with the bees after they are finished

you're supposed to be able to craft a bee with no durability left (damage value 18) by itself to get royal jelly, which lets you keep using the bees, but the crafting recipe either doesn't work or is disabled

if it was disabled on purpose that is fine but if not then could we get it enabled?

Seatox
Mar 13, 2012

TheresaJayne posted:

does that also work with vanilla cakes?

No. Vanilla cake shows up in the food diary when you eat it.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
To add to the AE stuff, you don't necessarily have to use an ME Import Bus to dump things into your AE network. That's there to pull things directly from an adjacent inventory. If you use an ME Interface and push items into it with something like itemducts, the Interface will accept any number of items with no bandwidth cap. This is the cheaper option.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Magres posted:

I wonder if it's possible to make the worldmap lie, most of the secrets are easy to see on it once you know what to look for. I definitely found some stuff just combing over the map

Ahh okay I found it. It does not show up on my map. How are you picking them out?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sage Grimm posted:

To add to the AE stuff, you don't necessarily have to use an ME Import Bus to dump things into your AE network. That's there to pull things directly from an adjacent inventory. If you use an ME Interface and push items into it with something like itemducts, the Interface will accept any number of items with no bandwidth cap. This is the cheaper option.

Ah, I was not aware of this. Can you itemduct things into a panel-type interface too? I mean, on a panel-type that is attached to the side of the machine you are pulling from.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah, so long as the machine pushes their outputs to that side.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Ahh okay I found it. It does not show up on my map. How are you picking them out?

Oh actually that one I can see because I lit it :doh:

Most of them though, you can tell just because they're not blighted. If there's a spot on the map that is randomly not blighted, it's probably worth checking out.

Glory of Arioch posted:

you can do an automated sugar cane farm a lot easier with pistons and the timer whatsit from Automagy

also wooden bowls are a perfect source of vacuous with no other essences

Doesn't it take a piston per plant? I'm doing a big ~100 plant farm, mostly because I want to have an excuse to have mana beams flying around cutting down sugar cane

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Machina you can get from Stone (or wooden, but those are slightly harder to mass-produce) Buttons. A tier 2 igneous extruder fed by an aqueous accumulator will put out more smoothstone than you could possibly burn.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Magres posted:

Doesn't it take a piston per plant? I'm doing a big ~100 plant farm, mostly because I want to have an excuse to have mana beams flying around cutting down sugar cane

yeah, it does

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Mkay. Depends on what you think is easier/cooler, I suppose. My idea takes ~20 mana spreaders and 10 of them need to have bore lenses (it's basically "fire bore burst down the row, pass it over a row with a non-bore spreader into another bore spreader, repeat") and can do ~110 plants (this is all assuming my math and my knowledge of mana spreaders are both correct, which is definitely not guaranteed). I'm hoping to power it with a bunch of hydroangeas so I don't have to mess with it and could basically just black box it with an item pipe coming out and leading into a barrel of reeds.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Would you be using a hopperhock to collect the reeds?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
That's the plan! I don't want to deal with splitting mana beams to provide power to a mana pool to boost the hopperhock range, so I'm just gonna use four of them to cover everything, with item frames to whitelist for reeds only. Feed their outputs into a quartet of chests, use itemducts to feed those chests into an output barrel, from there I've just got a big ol pile of sugar cane.

I'm not entirely sure how all of this works in detail, but unless wikis have been lying blatantly to me, it should work. Basic plan for a row is, viewed from above

code:

o = water
x = reed
m = mana spreader
b = mana spreader w/ bore lens

bm
oxxo
oxxo
oxxo
oxxo
oxxo
oxxo
oxxo
oxxo
oxxo
oxxo
oxxo
 mb
Regular spreaders point into their adjacent bores, bore spreaders point across the reeds, all of them are a block up from the ground so they don't entirely uproot the reeds.

For bigger setups you can either do a big continuous chain down the line or a bunch of smaller loops. Upside to the big chain is that having one continous mana loop should, in theory, give you a smoother and more stable setup because you're not trying to make sure a billion independent systems are all working, the downside is that you have to use several spreaders to pass mana from the end of the line back to the start, unless you're not worried about mana efficiency and just have it fire off into the ether.

You can actually do something similar with trees, though I'm not going to bother because doing it with golems looks much easier, but what you'd do is, viewed from the side:

code:
b=bore
m=plain spreader
x=open air
s=sapling
o=stone

ooooooo
bxxxxxb
bxxxxxb
bxxxxxb
bxxxxxb
bxxxxxb
bxxxxxb
bsssssb

with supporting plants (hopperhock, the placer flower whitelisted for saplings, the growth flower, probably some endoflames to make it self-sustaining) and storage nearby. I'm not positive on the dimensions, so don't quote me (either watch one of the youtube videos on it or do it the fun way, with science, and experiment) on it, but the basic idea is chop trees with bore lenses, replant trees with one of the functional flora, gather your output with hopperhocks.

Magres fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 19, 2015

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Hopefully the mana system isn't a closed loop because your setup would lose an incremental bit of mana based on the distances involved between mana spreaders. Could see it based on a timer that starts off with some endoflame receiving charcoal resulting in the bore beam collection and eventually ends up in your main mana pool system, reduced in quantity but at least not wasted.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
My plan was to tether a few hydroangeas to a spreader at each end, hopefully that'll cover losses. Bore lenses cost 24 mana per block broken, but otherwise don't have distance loss until 12 blocks out (I think, unless I miscounted blocks while testing), same as regular mana bursts. So it's more of a closed loop with constant input maintaining the cycle, cause losses are expected. It's just that hydros make the input entirely passive.

Hydroangeas, during sunshine (ie when they're weaker) generate 5 mana per second according to this, which is also where I got my loss numbers, so if I put one at each end of each loop (ie two per loop), I'll generate enough power for a reed to be broken around once every 2.5 seconds, which should be more than enough to handle 22 plants, unless reeds grow faster than once a minute, on average.

If it winds up not being enough I can just beef it up with an extra pair of hydros on each loop, and I know for drat sure that reeds don't grow once every 30 seconds, because in the beginning of this map I stood around and waited for those jerks to grow for an eternity when I needed paper for Thaumcraft.

Magres fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 19, 2015

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Magres posted:

code:

o = water
x = reed
m = mana spreader
b = mana spreader w/ bore lens

bm
oxxo
oxxo
oxxo
oxxo
oxxo
oxxo
oxxo
oxxo
oxxo
oxxo
oxxo
 mb
Regular spreaders point into their adjacent bores, bore spreaders point across the reeds, all of them are a block up from the ground so they don't entirely uproot the reeds.

Why have regular spreaders at all? I'm pretty sure (test this first before quoting me on it!) that bore lenses don't break mana pools, so you can replace the regular spreaders with those. You lose mana by firing mana bursts directly from spreader to spreader, but firing from spreader to mana pool is 100% efficient. That way you'll only lose mana directly from breaking blocks.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

a quick blightfall protip: make a pam's harvestcraft presser and use it to press wood logs into paper

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Mzbundifund posted:

Why have regular spreaders at all? I'm pretty sure (test this first before quoting me on it!) that bore lenses don't break mana pools, so you can replace the regular spreaders with those. You lose mana by firing mana bursts directly from spreader to spreader, but firing from spreader to mana pool is 100% efficient. That way you'll only lose mana directly from breaking blocks.

That's a good idea! Pools are easier to make, too, and having a couple dozen pools (very slowly) filling up over time gives the system multiple useful outputs.

Heck even if bores break pools, you could just add to the setup I posted so the regular spreaders pass the mana into pools before it goes to the bores. Definitely worth investing a hundred livingstone, the stuff is easy to make.

Magres fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 19, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Made a Totem of Dawn this morning but I didn't get a chance to place it and see its radius. How does it compare numbers-wise to the ethereal blooms?

Also regarding the Dawn Machine, I know one of its gimmicks is that it can be flown and teleported around, but wouldn't that just cause the taint to grow back wherever you took it from?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I just realized I haven't found any cactus in Blightfall. It doesn't seem like there was any in the desert, is there any? Are they available through a requisition?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Double the size of an ethereal bloom, so you're gaining double the area covered that the two ethereal blooms used in the infusion recipe would provide.

Taint would grow back if there were sources of fibrous taint still at the edges. Typical sources that you wouldn't be able to see are the cavern pockets. If you somehow manage to hit a point where there are no pockets intruding into your cleared space, taint would not spread. It also does not spread while the chunk is unloaded.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Reason posted:

I just realized I haven't found any cactus in Blightfall. It doesn't seem like there was any in the desert, is there any? Are they available through a requisition?

botania alchemy catalyst can convert slimeballs to cactus

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Ciaphas posted:

Also regarding the Dawn Machine, I know one of its gimmicks is that it can be flown and teleported around, but wouldn't that just cause the taint to grow back wherever you took it from?
Stuff like this is making me wonder what the end game is. I'm assuming it involves leapfrogging and taking advantage of chunks unloading.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Stuff like this is making me wonder what the end game is. I'm assuming it involves leapfrogging and taking advantage of chunks unloading.

The dawn machine is hella effective though and will completely clear out its area of effect in very short order if fed with the proper essentia. But yeah it's pretty much a leapfrogging thing where you clear vast swathes of land, probably leaving dawn totems on landmarks like the villages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I forget, does the Dawn Machine actually do anything if it's unpowered either by RF or essentia?

I left my world in a bit of a state this morning. I'm down to like 50 rep from 255 from too much dying, wasting rep on machine bags, and needing lots of lead and copper and ghast tears from requisitions. I cheated slightly and left my character flying in creative (so I don't die of hunger) above my golem wheat farm, so hopefully when I get home tonight I have enough bread to stave off disaster. I need to get my energy cell upgraded from Redstone (one of my lucky machine bag finds) to Resonant soon I think, too; my AE network is at its max eight channels and is draining an awful lot of power constantly. (I guess I could turn off the power when I'm not using it, but at this point I'm basically using it all the time--importing essentia or wheat from the farm or whatever.)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 19, 2015