Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

soy posted:

buy anything that doesn't look like poo poo?

Should be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
theyre good for your butt. We should be thankful that more women are hip thrusting imo

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

soy posted:

Not a bad idea but it would probably cost as much as some cl junk.

True, but think of the gains you'll get from handling the logs.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

notZaar posted:

Well it's 1% choco and I usually have 2% milk.

Try it witht he same milk you used to drink, I guess

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Tweaked my back again on squats...think I'm gonna have to dial it back a few kilo's and work my form more as I've got to be going wrong somewhere.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Gaz2k21 posted:

Tweaked my back again on squats...think I'm gonna have to dial it back a few kilo's and work my form more as I've got to be going wrong somewhere.

Set up next to a mirrored wall that is perpendicular to the bar & record yourself doing reps near your normal weight in the sideways mirror. Then you can find problem.
Alternatively: clench butt.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Hatebag posted:

Set up next to a mirrored wall that is perpendicular to the bar & record yourself doing reps near your normal weight in the sideways mirror. Then you can find problem.
Alternatively: clench butt.

Couldn't you just set the camera to one of your sides? Does the mirror focus your chi or something?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Dum Cumpster posted:

Couldn't you just set the camera to one of your sides? Does the mirror focus your chi or something?

I guess you could but then your phone would have to be like 15 ft from you on the middle of the floor begging to get stomped on.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Hatebag posted:

I guess you could but then your phone would have to be like 15 ft from you on the middle of the floor begging to get stomped on.

Lean it up against something. Do people at your gym frequently stomp around the edges of the equipment?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Just ask a beautiful woman to film you while you squat. Ask her to really focus on your glutes

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Dum Cumpster posted:

Lean it up against something. Do people at your gym frequently stomp around the edges of the equipment?

I sure as poo poo do.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Gaz2k21 posted:

Maybe your back is just too weak? Increase your deadlift.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

notZaar posted:

Maybe your back is just too weak? Increase your deadlift.

My squat and my deadlift were getting pretty close to be fair.

155kg squat
170kg deadlift

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I really like hip thrusts.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Well I'm no expert but a DL should be fairly heavier than your squat unless you have trex arm proportion.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Gaz2k21 posted:

My squat and my deadlift were getting pretty close to be fair.

155kg squat
170kg deadlift

Those seem like pretty reasonable numbers, I do almost the exact same thing.

345lb squats and 405lb deadlift.

ExRx says a 185kg deadlift is roughly comparable to a 155kg squat.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Aug 18, 2015

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/spo/5177771411.html

seems like a good deal?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Definitely. Get it if you can

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

notZaar posted:

Well I'm no expert but a DL should be fairly heavier than your squat unless you have trex arm proportion.

Ehhh my grip sucks so I DL 420ish while squatting 445

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Do you just do double overhand grip with no chalk or something?

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

bamhand posted:

Do you just do double overhand grip with no chalk or something?

Mixed grip, liquid chalk because my gym doesn't allow real chalk. Just have lovely grip and if I use straps I have huge issues keeping my core and back tight for some reason

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Trip report from swapping to this workout: bench presses are hard (or I have the worst form/worlds wimpiest chest) :(. Leg day has been pretty nice though, rear end is sore as hell which is prolly a good sign.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Got food poisoning so barely able to eat anything, apart from bread. Goodbye existing gains, My muscles shrink as we speak.

genderfluid and beautiful
Feb 1, 2005

Gaz2k21 posted:

How is ur core? And I assume you're locking up abs and swimsuit area muscles before beginning the movement?

Alt answer - form check thread?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Pesmerga posted:

Got food poisoning so barely able to eat anything, apart from bread. Goodbye existing gains, My muscles shrink as we speak.

the 5 second rule fails again

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
My hammies and thighs are sore but I'm gonna leg it at the gym today anyway.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Started lifting regularly again after taking a month or two where I was doing it really sporadically, this time I'm being really good about drinking at least one protein shake every day which I wasn't doing before

Maybe I will actually get the gains this time

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Wow a whole protein shake! Don't get too bulky, you just want to get ottermode right?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I don't know what that means, i'm just saying last time I didn't get any extra protein at all so I'm hoping the extra 30g or whatever a day helps

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I miss jebany

come back

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I'd be willing to bet you get enough protein in your daily diet

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I'd be willing to bet you get enough protein in your daily diet

That's kinda what I thought given that I am doing laughable baby amounts of weight but I stopped gaining regularly at what I thought was a pretty low weight so maybe not

stump collector
May 28, 2007
:bigtran:

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

That's kinda what I thought given that I am doing laughable baby amounts of weight but I stopped gaining regularly at what I thought was a pretty low weight so maybe not

Just eat more you big baby, jesus

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I had no idea this thread was so anti protein shake

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Once you start doing protein, you are one step away from illegal steroids

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Can I just start taking illegal steroids or what

Then I will get muscles instantly

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
while we're laying down the hard truths idk what peoples deals are with treadmills. pop some rollerskates on and boom, infinite workout

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Stefan Prodan posted:

I had no idea this thread was so anti protein shake

It's fine but it's only like 300 calories with milk. I mean if you're bulking then yeah have it with dinner but you're not going to put on mass just by having one after a workout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm eating more also I just meant compared to last time I was lifting and I'm getting 30g more protein a day than I was so maybe that will help

• Locked thread