Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shevmo
Jan 19, 2015
Trying to signal boost for a friend here a bit. He's rocking Urd, Verdandi, Parv, and Shiva right now. Still low end stuff but he'll be looking for another BFF when the reset happens. He eventually wants to get Awoken Shiva and Parv going. Main leads for him are Urd and Verdandi for now. He won't be playing 24/7 but he does get on every day and has been doing a pretty steady slow grind. Obviously preferring to snag him a friend who works well with his Norns and can transition to his Awoken Indian 1.0 goodness later. Hypermax is a preference, but he's not exactly picky. Dude BFFed me even though I told him he ought to find someone with stronger poo poo.

Drop me a line if you're interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
FYI, Paypal is having a 20% discount for iTunes gift cards, just in time to roll a bunch of silver eggs in the summer REM: https://www.paypal-gifts.com/us/itunes-apple-bts.html

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Wednesday Mythical needs to stop giving me green masks, I already evo'd Dino Rider and I have the one I need for Marine Rider. Just give me some blue masks so I can evo Andromeda and get the Lakshmi train rolling through Mythical descends.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Shevmo posted:

Trying to signal boost for a friend here a bit. He's rocking Urd, Verdandi, Parv, and Shiva right now. Still low end stuff but he'll be looking for another BFF when the reset happens. He eventually wants to get Awoken Shiva and Parv going. Main leads for him are Urd and Verdandi for now. He won't be playing 24/7 but he does get on every day and has been doing a pretty steady slow grind. Obviously preferring to snag him a friend who works well with his Norns and can transition to his Awoken Indian 1.0 goodness later. Hypermax is a preference, but he's not exactly picky. Dude BFFed me even though I told him he ought to find someone with stronger poo poo.

Drop me a line if you're interested.

I posted a few days ago I was looking for a post-reset BFF triangle, and The Jumpoff chimed in as a possibility, he said he usually runs Urd and A. Lakshmi, while I'm usually some mix of Verdandi/Andromeda/Beelzebub/Urd. None of mine are fully plussed (I'm totally going to get those drat plus eggs for Andy one day, I just can't bring myself to farm them), and there obviously aren't exact matches, but some solid synergy, so if this works for your friend we might be able to set up at triangle.

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
Since the triangle i was going to join sorta fell apart (unless Lurkzilla wants to find someone else) I should probably just use my bff soon. Is there anyone with Class Monitor athena who can put/has her in the bff slot?

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Given the number of people still looking for BFFs, remember it's costing you up to 200 pal points a day leaving your BFF unused. That means you've lost out on like 75 free pal rolls!

When we get another round of BFFs, it pays to put it to use asap instead of sitting on it.

:backtowork:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I simply used mine, found someone on the sheet that seemed good. Who seems to have stopped putting Ronia up, but that's okay, I have plenty of ronia friends.

I have Ronia/Awoken Horus/LKali up most of the time, probably working most on a Goemon team.

I think a hypermax Horus is top of my list of wants. Would love to get in a post-reset triangle.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Seriously, gently caress you, PAD Island. I hate you. Why is this dungeon so stupid hard? I'm running LuBu+Ronia/Haku/Hanzo/Vamp+HyperRonia, Lu/Ronia are max level, rest are 60ish, everything is max awoken and Vamp is max skilled. I'm getting routinely crushed by the 40 stam version, and the two versions lower than that never drop anything (I just want chester skill-ups, and wouldn't mind a few Hera-Is skill-ups but I don't have awoken yet so it's not like a huge priority or anything). I'm working on replacing Vamp with Persephone, but that's still a ways off (especially since she's unskilled). I don't have any good mono green or blue teams. Horus seems like a terrible idea and my Horus subs are considerably less developed than my Ronia subs. Why is skilling up a chester so much to ask?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

FrickenMoron posted:

RGBL Valks - Add Attacker and +100 ATK

GZL is pleased with this. :black101:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheQuietWilds posted:

Seriously, gently caress you, PAD Island. I hate you. Why is this dungeon so stupid hard? I'm running LuBu+Ronia/Haku/Hanzo/Vamp+HyperRonia, Lu/Ronia are max level, rest are 60ish, everything is max awoken and Vamp is max skilled. I'm getting routinely crushed by the 40 stam version

Welcome to a current JP dungeon that you're running with outdated US teams!

bengy81
May 8, 2010
So I decided L. Kali is my 3rd hyper max target, since she is a great sub and leader, and mostly because I have Ra and an Isis, but I still have a ways to go before I can make A. Ra and be good enough to use him, but 4 for 5x leaders don't seem too bad.

So I guess my question is, what is the ideal L. Kali team?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

bengy81 posted:

So I decided L. Kali is my 3rd hyper max target, since she is a great sub and leader, and mostly because I have Ra and an Isis, but I still have a ways to go before I can make A. Ra and be good enough to use him, but 4 for 5x leaders don't seem too bad.

So I guess my question is, what is the ideal L. Kali team?

L. Kali/L.Kali/SQ/D. Kali/???/L. Kali

??? Can be a defensive sub or another kali or whatever.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

trucutru posted:

Welcome to a current JP dungeon that you're running with outdated US teams!

Pretty much. You really need a good solid combo team to beat all of PAD Island.

Ult Light Kali, Awoken Ra, Bastet, Lakshmi, Parvati, etc.

Lemonpieman
Jan 18, 2010
What the gently caress? I just got 3 shynpys and finished off skilling up my Awoken Ra. In two days. With no stones. This is my first time doing the alt dungeons, but there is no way this is normal, right?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Finally, after ~270 days of playing this dumb game, I ult-evo'd my very first REM roll.

He's gonna be a nice fit on my A.Bastet Attacker team until I get a second Awoken MeiMei.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Lemonpieman posted:

What the gently caress? I just got 3 shynpys and finished off skilling up my Awoken Ra. In two days. With no stones. This is my first time doing the alt dungeons, but there is no way this is normal, right?

This is how you get burnt at the stake.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Kalas posted:

This is how you get burnt at the stake.

Someone get the pitchforks ready.

Lemonpieman
Jan 18, 2010
hahaha I was finishing off my stamina and had a 4th shynpy appear. It didn't drop though! I looked up how rare these guys actually are and I'm seeing like 1000-3000 stamina per drop? On top of that I can only hold 137 stamina because my rank sucks. That adds up to some ridiculous luck, wow. I kind of wish I didn't use them to skill up right away so I would have gloat.jpg. Maybe next time.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

I did it with Verdandi/Verdandi/GZL/Susano/Cao CaoKushi/Verdandi

Lemonpieman posted:

Maybe next time.

lol

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 19, 2015

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Elephant Ambush posted:

All it takes is any high multiplier blue team tbh. Meta gives you the full board, the frost demon gives you the drop rate boost, really you only have to us an active on the first and last floors.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

Given the number of people still looking for BFFs, remember it's costing you up to 200 pal points a day leaving your BFF unused. That means you've lost out on like 75 free pal rolls!

When we get another round of BFFs, it pays to put it to use asap instead of sitting on it.

:backtowork:

I have more unopened pal point mails than I can be bothered to count. Until they start making special pal machines more often and implement monster points, I'm not crying over missing some pal machine rolls.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

The Hebug posted:

I have more unopened pal point mails than I can be bothered to count. Until they start making special pal machines more often and implement monster points, I'm not crying over missing some pal machine rolls.

For older players I can see this, but for new players they provide critical chances for rare evo mats that would be otherwise unobtainable. Also someone still leveling their own lead rarely gets many pal points from others.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Or Verdandi, I zip right through it with Verd/Liu Bei/Liu Bei/Perseus/GZL/Verd. Of course everyone is skill maxed, and 4/6 are +297, but still...

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

two_step posted:

Or Verdandi, I zip right through it with Verd/Liu Bei/Liu Bei/Perseus/GZL/Verd. Of course everyone is skill maxed, and 4/6 are +297, but still...

Yeah, mono-Green's easily the best way to go for that dungeon. I did it with Awoken Parvati, who was particularly nice because of the healing bonus and immunity to Bikini Meta's double leader bind.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
I suck at PAD, I can't do Cauchemar.

E: Tried it with LKali - Was almost able to blow round 2 away without issues. Going to try again later until I am able to complete it. Need that drat thing for AParvati.

Ironsolid fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 19, 2015

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
I haven't been able to awaken my main's Bastet yet, and my only green subs are row based(2x GGY, 2x Perseus) so mono green is a bit poo poo for me. I have Horus, XQ, Goemon and Ronia max leveled, so I might try a dual XQ team later with echidna for a tight spot. I doubt that will be much better but it's worth a shot. I've got XQ+Ech/SQ/DKali/Valk.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Ironsolid posted:

It was weird, I needed several tries to even beat legendary. Weird dungeon.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

silvergoose posted:

It was weird, I needed several tries to even beat legendary. Weird dungeon.

I subbed in Echnida on my devil team and got poo poo stomped.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Can anyone put up a max skill Sarasvati? I want to do the tricolor yamato challenge.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

The Hebug posted:

This is only going to be true for a very small minority of people given that top tier evo mats/jewels come at 50+ stamina a pop, and skill up a bunch of really good poo poo which are often good dupes.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

two_step posted:

That's my team but none of my guys are 297 or max skilled and I still had no problem with it.

Brade
Apr 30, 2013
Yeah, I used Verdandi, Verdandi, Liu Bei, Ignis Cu Chu, A Bastet and Verdandi to blow through it. In retrospect, A Parvati would have been easier.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ironsolid posted:

E: Tried it with LKali - Was almost able to blow round 2 away without issues. Going to try again later until I am able to complete it. Need that drat thing for AParvati.

Ironsolid posted:

I subbed in Echnida on my devil team and got poo poo stomped.

If you have mono red or green teams (Verdandi or Urd come to mind), I can throw up Awoken Ceres or Awoken Minerva for you, I've found their ability to halve dark damage made the dungeon go from really challenging to average difficulty in no time flat. Both have slightly bumpy spots (Amon for red teams, the red devil for green), but neither was too bad. I'm Spam SA, 319,845,334

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Ugh, with needing to skill up Beach Urd and mini-ronia's ult, I'll need at least two dozen red fruits. Yet here I am sitting on about 10 green fruits with nothing to use them on.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, the new 8.2 version in Japan scales the damage numbers for your mons when they attack. So, when your big manly waifus do big manly damage you can actually see how much you're doing.

I tested up to the tens of millions (Anubis) and it is perfectly readable. Now we need Paprika to show us a few billion in damage.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

coaxmetal posted:

Since the triangle i was going to join sorta fell apart (unless Lurkzilla wants to find someone else) I should probably just use my bff soon. Is there anyone with Class Monitor athena who can put/has her in the bff slot?

What other leaders you use? I intend to turn one of my disipline Athenas into a class monitor next time green fairies comes around, which I can put there.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

cheezit posted:

I'm down for some BFF action before the reset...

Main - A.Horus
Secondary - Verdandi/A.Bastet/A.Shiva mostly

Also run U&Y, Blonia, R/D Shiva, Blodin, A.Ra....whatever is needed.

aquaticrabbit posted:

I'm also looking for a pre-reset BFF triangle. If it's easier to coordinate on IRC, I'm "Barnaby" on there and "Barnaby SA" in game.

Slot 1: Hypermax A.Bastet
Slot 2: Verdandi
Active: Hypermax A.Meimei
Others: A.Ra, A.Parvati, Kirin, Blonia, LMeta, LKali, Goemon, Ronia, Pandora

You two wanna do it up? Not all perfect overlaps but we're on the last day, so

I match Horus with cheezit and A.Meimei with Barnaby, plus a lot of the 'other' stuff

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Thaddius the Large posted:

If you have mono red or green teams (Verdandi or Urd come to mind), I can throw up Awoken Ceres or Awoken Minerva for you, I've found their ability to halve dark damage made the dungeon go from really challenging to average difficulty in no time flat. Both have slightly bumpy spots (Amon for red teams, the red devil for green), but neither was too bad. I'm Spam SA, 319,845,334

I DID IT WITH KALI! I officially don't suck as much as I thought I did with Kali. :D

Kali team isn't too bad I guess, Max Kali, Max Kali, Max SQ Slvl 3, 86 lmeta and 297 Beelzebub for an extra heal/stat stick (I really have nothing else dark wise that's worth using)

I'm actually currently WORKING on my green ABastet team - mostly need a few tamadras, about 40 total levels, 3 green jewels (cauchemar come to mind?) a Cauchemar (got it!), another green mask and an Extreme Metal Dragon.

This makes me actually want to start skilling these baddies up...

Ironsolid fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 19, 2015

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

Nosre posted:

You two wanna do it up? Not all perfect overlaps but we're on the last day, so

I match Horus with cheezit and A.Meimei with Barnaby, plus a lot of the 'other' stuff

Works for me. I have leaders for most occasions, mostly skilled, so happy to swap for whatever. I tend to lack +eggs because I loving hate farming them, though. :)

Who makes who the BFF? Does it matter?

Edit - Nosre, you my bestest fwiend! I think I'm the bottom of this pyramid now.

cheezit fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
Just getting back into this game right now. I maxed out Verdandi finally (although I have a second I should probably work on too), and Ult. Evoed Athena (which would be more exciting if she wasn't totally outdated :sigh:). My understanding is that my teams are a bit outdated for any new Japanese stuff; so it goes.

...having said that, what would be good subs to keep an eye out for to supplement, say, a rather lucky spin on the PAD Island Egg machine that got me a Beach Blanket Pandora? :sweatdrop:

• Locked thread