Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Kaubocks posted:

Kid Icarus Uprising is literally the best game on the 3DS

Sticker Star is a lot better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kid icarus seems aight but styles aiming sucks. they should patch it for the new 3ds and the second analog pad but they never did for the circle pad pro so. weak

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Kaubocks posted:

If it had twin stick controls, though, I'd probably never stop playing it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

epitasis posted:

kid icarus seems aight but styles aiming sucks. they should patch it for the new 3ds and the second analog pad but they never did for the circle pad pro so. weak

It would be like impossible to play like that, the stylus thing is really the only way it can work I think

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
I played it for a bit but didn't feel it was anything super special. It was just a good rail shooter like Starfox.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

PantsBandit posted:

I'm sure this has been discussed to death in this thread but I just got the 3DS version of Isaac and hot drat this thing is a steaming piece of poo poo. Tons of lag anytime there's a decent amount of stuff on screen (cricket's body gets you down to single frames) and frequent crashing.

Not exactly the best game to show off the power of the New 3DS.

Did you patch it? It plays fine after the patch.

Are you guys that are having issues with it using Homebrew/modified systems or something?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Anora posted:

Are you guys that are having issues with it using Homebrew/modified systems or something?

When was the most recent patch? Because I literally played like 2 hours ago and was still getting a ton of slowdown. No full on crashes today though, so that's an improvement I guess.

And no, no modifications to my system. I bought the thing less than a week ago.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Help Im Alive posted:

I think it's probably Monster Hunter fans that really get the most out of the N3DS since you can easily put hundreds of hours into that game (I guess that applies to BoI too but there are like 5 better platforms to play it on)

it's funny because i see a lot of mh people saying they gave up on the nub and went back to the digital dpad. the biggest thing is really just better textures.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Awesome! posted:

it's funny because i see a lot of mh people saying they gave up on the nub and went back to the digital dpad. the biggest thing is really just better textures.

I put like 200h into mh4 and I liked the nub just fine.

I mean, they could've just put a small dpad there and it would've been perfect since there's no loving way you'll use that plastic piece of poo poo for analog movement.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

epitasis posted:

I prefer the touchscreen cause that makes controlling the camera and aiming into two separate actions, whereas controlling both with the nub sounds like it would be pretty horrible and slow.

I think that's probably one of the things tripping people up, they're used to mice/control sticks doing both at once, which works well in an FPS or a sword game with lock on, but this is a third person shooter and probably one of the best controlling ones out there because somebody realized that precision aiming and precision camera control can work together rather than have to be toggled ala every other third person shooter out there.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Kaubocks posted:

it's true

Gandalf21 posted:

Wario Land 3 is actually the best one.

it's not true

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Awesome! posted:

Thats a vocal minority for you. Nub is a godsend.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Lots of releases for the Japanese Wii U VC today: Kirby 64, Magical Vacation (GBA), Super Gussun Oyoyo (SFC) and Magical Tree (MSX), plus Trauma Team and Muramasa as Wii DL games.

Next week's JP Wii U VC releases: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA), Tomato Adventure (GBA), Super EDF (SFC).

In non-Japanese news, the first part of the 3D Gunstar Heroes interview with Sega/M2 is up : http://blogs.sega.com/2015/08/18/segas-newest-title-in-their-3d-remaster-project-3d-gunstar-heroes-interview-part-1/ Choice quote: "To use a rather mundane example, I would say that 3D Shinobi III and 3D Streets of Rage were Kaio-ken, this project is M2 finally going Super Saiyan."

Also, Freedom Planet got delayed again and no longer has an ETA; they keep finding bugs on retail hardware that don't appear on the devkit, so they're postponing the release until they're confident they've fixed everything.

Oh, and the Hatsune Miku DX demo is up in both regions.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Lots of releases for the Japanese Wii U VC today: Kirby 64, Magical Vacation (GBA), Super Gussun Oyoyo (SFC) and Magical Tree (MSX), plus Trauma Team and Muramasa as Wii DL games.

Next week's JP Wii U VC releases: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA), Tomato Adventure (GBA), Super EDF (SFC).

In non-Japanese news, the first part of the 3D Gunstar Heroes interview with Sega/M2 is up : http://blogs.sega.com/2015/08/18/segas-newest-title-in-their-3d-remaster-project-3d-gunstar-heroes-interview-part-1/ Choice quote: "To use a rather mundane example, I would say that 3D Shinobi III and 3D Streets of Rage were Kaio-ken, this project is M2 finally going Super Saiyan."

Also, Freedom Planet got delayed again and no longer has an ETA; they keep finding bugs on retail hardware that don't appear on the devkit, so they're postponing the release until they're confident they've fixed everything.

Oh, and the Hatsune Miku DX demo is up in both regions.

Oh poo poo, son! :ssj: Come on Thursday!

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Question: Is Mario's Picross 2 available on the JP VC and if so is it possible to buy/download it with a US 3ds?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yes, no.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Crap, emulation it is then. Thanks!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

yes

epitasis posted:

no, twin stick aiming actually blows it's just your crazy reptile brain is too used to it

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

AllisonByProxy posted:

Question: Is Mario's Picross 2 available on the JP VC and if so is it possible to buy/download it with a US 3ds?

Is it possible to do so if you don't have an NNID linked? I thought you could change your 3DS region and access a different store, but that registering an NNID locked it to a single region.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

Is it possible to do so if you don't have an NNID linked? I thought you could change your 3DS region and access a different store, but that registering an NNID locked it to a single region.

Pretty sure your hardware already locks you to a single general region (e.g. Americas, Japan or Europe/Aus). But there are separate, differently priced eShops within each of those regions and that's what the NNID-registration decides.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

irlZaphod posted:

That trick lets you change countries but not regions - you can from US to Canada, for example, but not US to UK or Japan or whatever.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Trauma Team and Muramasa as Wii DL games.

holy loving poo poo I would kill to have these. I love Muramasa but being able to play it on the gamepad would own. Screw Xenoblade, this needs to come stateside first

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"To use a rather mundane example, I would say that 3D Shinobi III and 3D Streets of Rage were Kaio-ken, this project is M2 finally going Super Saiyan." is a loving cool quote.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

MinibarMatchman posted:

holy loving poo poo I would kill to have these. I love Muramasa but being able to play it on the gamepad would own. Screw Xenoblade, this needs to come stateside first

In my opinion, the Vita version is superior than the Wii version... They assigned jump to a button!

Also the DLCs are fun to play.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

Anora posted:

Ive patched it and I get hard crashes maybe one in 10 runs. I still keep playing though because I'm hooked, but it's definitely an ongoing issue.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

citizenlowell posted:

Ive patched it and I get hard crashes maybe one in 10 runs. I still keep playing though because I'm hooked, but it's definitely an ongoing issue.

Yeah.

I mean, it's Binding of Isaac. And it's portable. So I'm gonna play it, but I've owned it for 4 days now and have gotten at least one hard-lock for every day I've owned it. It's just in a state right now that is frankly pretty embarrassing for Edmund and Nicalis.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I'd even be more or less ok with the amount of slowdown. I mean, it's the 3DS and it's the whole game. Nothing was cut out. But the amount of crashing is crazy.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Senran Kagura Burst is on sale in NA for $20 until 9/15, get your titty ninja on

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Can someone walk me through the combat of Senren Kagura? I love me beat em up action games but I am scared of buying a gross game with lovely combat. If the combat is cool and fun then I might bite the bullet.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Bust Rodd posted:

Can someone walk me through the combat of Senren Kagura? I love me beat em up action games but I am scared of buying a gross game with lovely combat. If the combat is cool and fun then I might bite the bullet.

Hit Y and X a bunch at 10-15fps at best on a 2.5D plane and wonder why you didn't buy Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 instead.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

I want to start drinking just to use these.

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.
You can use them with, like, water you know. You don't need to be an alcoholic to use a cup coaster. Just house trained.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

I want to start drinking just to use these.

You should drink some water.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Just buy a Dynasty Warriors game.

If you insist on buying Titty Ninja then you mash X and occasionally Y until everything is dead.

In Training posted:

You should drink some water.

Isn't that the stuff fish gently caress in?!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Caerulius posted:

You can use them with, like, water you know. You don't need to be an alcoholic to use a cup coaster. Just house trained.

I don't spill :colbert:

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Coasters aren't meant to reduce spills. They're meant to keep your table from getting wet by absorbing condensation from your cup.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

Coasters aren't meant to reduce spills. They're meant to keep your table from getting wet by absorbing condensation from your cup.

Thanks Martha Stewart

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

You're welcome.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
So tomorrow we're getting the following:
Advance Wars 2
Genghis Khan 2

Friendly reminder that Japan got both Advance Wars 1 and 2 on the VC in one package:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Willo567 posted:

Friendly reminder that Japan got both Advance Wars 1 and 2 on the VC in one package:argh:

Because that's how they got the game on the GBA.