Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Ass_Burgerer posted:

DGB isn't afraid to let bugs stew in their games for forever. They're all about quality games after all.

I still love that the launcher spent around half a year with "FLAWED" plastered across it. :allears:

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Aug 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

2015 Roadmap finally published:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/2015-update.231548/

TL;DR - Ants, player placed constructions.

Talk of Continent Capture, leadership and inplant changes.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Xae posted:

I don't see them getting these done in 3 and a half years months

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Xae posted:

There was a link about Ants in that article and I hit it, thinking it might have more information or concept art or the like. But, no; it was an image macro. :soe:

It was Archer, so not a total loss, but still.

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap
Ants are going to build player made structures? Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I really hope one of the structures is a bouncy pad.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
i cannot wait to build dumb bases and mine for resources in this shooty man game lol

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
how about instead of tools for player-made bases, they just make their own bases suck less

Zila
Jun 21, 2013

Xae posted:

Ants are used to gather resources to make structures that probably won't be able to be deployed near bases and will otherwise be pointless.

Such a bad idea that won't really do much to address the overall aspect of the game. Yay more structures in a place that will be ignored and then lost once a random alert pops.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Holy gently caress so the recover your PW feature? its IP unique so i can't even recover the PW of my loving throwaway account until the 24 hours expire. How the gently caress do you have such a horrible loving system?

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
The getting the framework for building structures in game is a awesome idea. There are a lot of cool ideas for player built structures that could change up the way the battle flows and make combat a little more dynamic. Deployable cover, deployable garages, deployable tank traps, AA shield bubbles, jump ramps, siege towers, bouncy pads, etc, etc. Imagine if you could put a few siege towers up around the Octagoon to create your own entrances instead of being force funneled through the three default entrances. Or if you could dump a bouncy pad outside a tower to catapult people up to the 2nd floor. Deployable sundy garages alone would help so much with sieging bases that don't have any to begin with.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I can't wait to stick a sundy hut in the middle of a bridge.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Turns out there are restrictions to squad spawn vehicles:

Squad spawn on vehicles is now limited to 600 meters if the vehicle is within either an enemy region or friendly region that is being contested (capped).
Squad spawn on vehicles within friendly uncontested regions has no range limit.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-7-23.230253/

I'd guess that's been implemented to avoid having a galaxy hover at 800m, invisible to basically everyone.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

It was actually implemented to combat "redeployside."

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted
Is anyone playing this on PS4? I'm a VS guy and my psn is Docbonestron so we can play I guess.

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
Edit: Errr, wrong thread.

Nookovian-Red fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 20, 2015

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
And in a move that should surprise no one, the LMG changes have been archived and won't be happening. You may now stop pretending that 0.75 ADS doesn't matter.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fans posted:

And in a move that should surprise no one, the LMG changes have been archived and won't be happening. You may now stop pretending that 0.75 ADS doesn't matter.

Lol called it, not that it was a result in question or anything

If you're tired of HAside, you're tired of PS2. Maybe once I get my rig back up and running I'll MAX main and Harass some

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Something Goons may be able to answer. I've been told that if you're not the driver of a vehicle, firing a weapon does not cause your icon blink on the minimap. So Harasser Gunners will not put you on the Minimap, or Sunderer Gunners, or Lib Belly Guns or the top Gun on MBT's. Does anyone know for sure if this is this true or not?

Also I tried to do Harasser yesterday without Vechicle Stealth and it was miserable. Never again.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Fans posted:

Something Goons may be able to answer. I've been told that if you're not the driver of a vehicle, firing a weapon does not cause your icon blink on the minimap. So Harasser Gunners will not put you on the Minimap, or Sunderer Gunners, or Lib Belly Guns or the top Gun on MBT's. Does anyone know for sure if this is this true or not?

Also I tried to do Harasser yesterday without Vechicle Stealth and it was miserable. Never again.

It's wrong. In fact, vehicles have an auto-detect range.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

sitchelin posted:

It's wrong. In fact, vehicles have an auto-detect range.

Not if you use Stealth they don't.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Well DUH

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

Lol called it, not that it was a result in question or anything

If you're tired of HAside, you're tired of PS2. Maybe once I get my rig back up and running I'll MAX main and Harass some

Very typical for SoE.

They ignore a major balance problem until the entire metagame is built around it. Most people who dislike the metagame quit in the years SoE ignores it. Since only the people who like it are left, SoE gets poo poo feedback. Eventually they realize they are hemorraging players and nerf it. But by that point everyone who left is gone for good and they end up pissing off everyone who stayed.

I can't think of an SoE game where this didn't happen.

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002

Fans posted:

So Harasser Gunners will not put you on the Minimap, or Sunderer Gunners, or Lib Belly Guns or the top Gun on MBT's. Does anyone know for sure if this is this true or not?

Unless they broke it recently this shouldn't be true. The difference between stealth 3 and stealth 4 has always felt like a night and day difference because of auto painting when firing.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

it was me

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Nookovian-Red posted:

Unless they broke it recently this shouldn't be true. The difference between stealth 3 and stealth 4 has always felt like a night and day difference because of auto painting when firing.

I really need to grab someone and just test it, this is like Sensor Shield 4 in that it might be broken and nobody even really noticed for ages.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

So
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1o4JTRunSg
uhm.

:confused:

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
Published on Mar 27, 2013

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Frabba posted:

Published on Mar 27, 2013
I know, right? I'm just sad I missed out on amazing bug. :mad:

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

Is there some history about Goons and turrets that I'm not familiar with?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Fans posted:

Is there a link to this at all?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Fina posted:

Goons are the worst people. Therefore, everything bad is the fault of goons. QED.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Fina posted:

People irrationally hate SA goons because whenever we play a game we usually do the things they hate. Like winning, or doing zany poo poo because funhaving is forbidden.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

A Winner is Jew posted:

Is there a link to this at all?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?forums/archived-features.62/

Where ideas go to die.

Keeshhound posted:

Goons are the worst people. Therefore, everything bad is the fault of goons. QED.

But this change is ....

Well I wouldn't say good. Placing turrets seems pointless when you can just bring a Sunderer for far less hassle, but the start of something good?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

I thought that was just archived because they were done getting feedback?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Fans posted:

But this change is ....

Well I wouldn't say good. Placing turrets seems pointless when you can just bring a Sunderer for far less hassle, but the start of something good?

I guarantee you a large portion of the community is not going to be happy about more spear turrets.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Are they AA turrets? Now we're talking. Imagine the warpgate camps now!

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

A Winner is Jew posted:

I thought that was just archived because they were done getting feedback?

I really doubt that. Maybe though!

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Fina posted:

Well there was the good ol' Lasher/Lancer camps, which could probably be made even more hilarious with added AA/AV turrets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I imagine there will be some SOE-as-hell issues when they launch, like them using the same values as MANA turrets and getting one-shot by Phoenix rockets or something.

• Locked thread