Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
liam complaining about militant internet hate when he told a random person on GAF fo kill himself like two months ago over saying a true thing about cellphone games

again, zero self-awareness

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I look forward to punching multiple zubaz's in the face

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Nah, put Rage in instead. I mean, his name is in the title!

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
PUSH (Judgment of) RAGE

rip in piece alex riley

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
really enjoying pat's ongoing rustlemania narrative of ronda rousey murdering wrestlers

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Was talking with a friend about the LiS playthrough and discussed the barn. I bet it would take a half hour to figure out so I'm glad I was close.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I hope we can continue get weekly Gate updates thanks Wools and Liam

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

liam complaining about militant internet hate when he told a random person on GAF fo kill himself like two months ago over saying a true thing about cellphone games

again, zero self-awareness

one post?? two months ago????

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
"The ouya did literally nothing wrong."

I'm dying, I'm actually becoming a ghost.

Rodyle posted:

I hope we can continue get weekly Gate updates thanks Wools and Liam

It'll never end, Rodyle. Just accept your fate.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Baal posted:

I'm dying, I'm actually becoming a ghost.

Wow, beef waifu talking getting demodded pretty badly I see

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
All I'll say about this poo poo is that I'll take argumentative over passive-agressive any day of the week.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Baal posted:

It'll never end, Rodyle. Just accept your fate.

I will take an entire podcast of EVO or kickstarter whining or whatever over even 5 seconds of Chewie and Babyface talking about anime.

Exception: Liam cqc slamming Pat when the latter impugned Holo's honor

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 19, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't disagree even a little bit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
hating fighting games is basically hating sbf

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Rodyle posted:

I will take an entire podcast of EVO or kickstarter whining or whatever over even 5 seconds of Chewie and Babyface talking about anime.

Exception: Liam cqc slamming Pat when the latter impugned Holo's honor

It'll die down after summer. Probably.
There's the Jojo dub and One Punch Man in the next few months, so enjoy. :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh boy, hearing the three stooges bitch about English dubs while Matt doesn't say a loving thing, my favorite.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There's not really any discussion to have about One Punch Man, and I like that series so much I read the ONE version.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Oh boy, hearing the three stooges bitch about English dubs while Matt doesn't say a loving thing, my favorite.

Last time they talked about dubs it was quite positive so i don't get you???

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Baal posted:

I don't remember anything negative about dubs unless you're not listening to the latest cast?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Woolie was the only one who talked positively about one and even then the most complimentary statement he made was that the voice match with the JP ones instead of saying the voice acting was actually good.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Woolie was the only one who talked positively about one and even then the most complimentary statement he made was that the voice match with the JP ones instead of saying the voice acting was actually good.

The whole KLK thing was "oh, the dub is good, it goes more for tone than anything but it works for KLK" and the other guys agreed.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is not even ignoring the fact that when Woolie about the GTO dub he referred to it as if it was some monster, or them opening the Guilty Gear video on whining about how the English VAs are terrible, and back when the KLK dub trailer came out they bitched for 10 minutes about how the voices sucked then tried to make some middle man argument that they don't know Japanese so they can't really make a statement against those voices which was weird.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

The whole KLK thing was "oh, the dub is good, it goes more for tone than anything but it works for KLK" and the other guys agreed.

Pat and Liam didn't even watch it. Like Pat continues the conversation by saying "oh so it's good?" and Liam at no point says he's seen it either.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It is very important that Modern Masterpiece and Saviour of Anime Kill La Kill have a flawless English performance.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Dubs are bad

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Liam also said he wouldn't recommend the Witcher 3 which is probably the biggest mark against him as a person who I judge by their taste in video games.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

This is not even ignoring the fact that when Woolie about the GTO dub he referred to it as if it was some monster, or them opening the Guilty Gear video on whining about how the English VAs are terrible, and back when the KLK dub trailer came out they bitched for 10 minutes about how the voices sucked then tried to make some middle man argument that they don't know Japanese so they can't really make a statement against those voices which was weird.

Man, it's almost like it's an opinion voiced by people known to be very vocal about their opinions.

FauxGateau posted:

Liam also said he wouldn't recommend the Witcher 3 which is probably the biggest mark against him as a person who I judge by their taste in video games.

The Witcher series is stupidly overrated and he gets his cheap sex scenes from VNs, so I understand his side.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

Man, it's almost like it's an opinion voiced by people known to be very vocal about their opinions

What?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dias posted:

Man, it's almost like it's an opinion voiced by people known to be very vocal about their opinions.

Opinions which in this case involve them not knowing much about the subject in general, which can make them annoying to listen to.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like I'm actually confused what you're responding to because my implication is they don't know what the gently caress they're talking about when they talk about voice acting which is why I made the statement and now you're just saying something else.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

You don't need to watch the kill la kill dub to know that it's bad, actually

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

Opinions which in this case involve them not knowing much about the subject in general, which can make them annoying to listen to.

I dunno. I grew up with dubs in another language. I like our dubs even today. I've heard North American dubs. I can completely understand any bias, and sometimes it even proves true. Plus, the last stated opinion about dubs in the podcast (unless they did something this episode). I just didn't get the dude's reaction.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lets hang out posted:

You don't need to watch the kill la kill dub to know that it's bad, actually

It's hard for a dub to be good when the source material itself is terrible.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hearing gaijin english voices will only tell them the truth that it's actually all dumb and stupid

giga drill breaker

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dias posted:

I dunno. I grew up with dubs in another language. I like our dubs even today. I've heard North American dubs. I can completely understand any bias, and sometimes it even proves true. Plus, the last stated opinion about dubs in the podcast (unless they did something this episode). I just didn't get the dude's reaction.

Oh I meant SBF anime chat about in general.

For the Bombcast equivalent, see Dan attempting to understand politics or history.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Pat posted:

anime

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

This was good.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

gently caress you, don't act like you don't see me in every other thread, use my name.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Actors can have good performances thanks to good voice direction even when the script or story they're delivering isn't that great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Like I'm actually confused what you're responding to because my implication is they don't know what the gently caress they're talking about when they talk about voice acting which is why I made the statement and now you're just saying something else.

I don't wanna drag this, but every point you went for there is an opinion, and SBFP is all about stating opinions as loudly as possible. Sometimes they're even poo poo, like defending KI. The first KLK argument I think was something akin to "it's hard to tell if the original poo poo was good anyway, because we don't speak Japanese", and that would be sorta fair. I played SoTN when I had a basic grasp of English and I didn't get why people thought the opening dialogue was so funny. Five years later...oh. Oooh.

Rodyle posted:

Oh I meant SBF anime chat about in general.

For the Bombcast equivalent, see Dan attempting to understand politics or history.

Eh, if people completely understanding what they're talking about was an issue, we wouldn't have any entertainment, would we? You just notice the things you're more involved with, hehe.

gently caress anime

ninja edit

Baal posted:

gently caress you, don't act like you don't see me in every other thread, use my name.

Baal? Actually, someone mentioned beef waifu, and that name I remember. Did you name change? This poo poo always confuses me.