Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I tried to gimmick invade as micolash in mergos but I couldn't connect to anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I tried to gimmick invade as micolash in mergos but I couldn't connect to anyone

the only place youll have a shot at invading people is the nightmare pvp place, everywhere else its p much neutered

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can't get any help outside t1r. I can find people to co-op for though

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
I haven't done any coop stuff, how does it work, do I need to actually like be at the boss' gate to link up with you?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

frank.club posted:

can't get any help outside t1r. I can find people to co-op for though

I'm retarded and I started a new game cycle but I'll be there by tomorrow think if you still need help

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I love bloodborne but this NG+ is really disappointing,

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

I love bloodborne but this NG+ is really disappointing,

it's exactly the same but everything has higher stats. it's pretty lovely when dark souls 2's ng+ had nasty surprises everywhere

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benny D posted:

I'm retarded and I started a new game cycle but I'll be there by tomorrow think if you still need help

Pretty likely. I did just plus my whip to 8 and Ludwigs to 7. I'll give it a try.

Found the bath teleport so the run is way easier

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did it!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

grats. Did you count how many times you tried?

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

Congrats! And gently caress that guy, he was a dick, and I'm glad he's dead

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Friendly Tumour posted:

grats. Did you count how many times you tried?

Not sure but less than ten. The path I was taking killed me way, way more

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

frank.club posted:

Not sure but less than ten. The path I was taking killed me way, way more

Huh. Bloodborne sounds badass. I hardly ever die to mobs in DS unless im really drunk and not paying attention.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the cursed dungeons cut your HP in half which means everything can 2-shot you, doing random cursed depth 5 dungeons is where the real bloodborne begins

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So Bloodborne has procedurally generated dungeons? Is the map always the same for a particular type of dungeon or are they constructed from blocks? Sounds incredibly cool regardless.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
It's block rooms with random enemy, treasure, and trap placement. Tilesets differing between major chalice types

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So like Warframe?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Friendly Tumour posted:

So Bloodborne has procedurally generated dungeons? Is the map always the same for a particular type of dungeon or are they constructed from blocks? Sounds incredibly cool regardless.

Each chalice has a tile set, room set. And each room has a set of possible conditions (enemies, traps, etc). Is not uncommon in the deeper chalices to get bosses as regular enemies. You can also add conditions with special ingredients like cursed (half HP) or rotted where there's tons of poison pools & enemies

Dec 26, 2012

Benny D posted:

Each chalice has a tile set, room set. And each room has a set of possible conditions (enemies, traps, etc). Is not uncommon in the deeper chalices to get bosses as regular enemies. You can also add conditions with special ingredients like cursed (half HP) or rotted where there's tons of poison pools & enemies

even in lower chalices you occasionally have an undead giant hanging out somewhere nasty

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everything in memsis can two hit me.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

frank.club posted:

Everything in memsis can two hit me.

Sprint past everything.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Benny D posted:

Sprint past everything.

:rolleye:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

01011001 posted:

even in lower chalices you occasionally have an undead giant hanging out somewhere nasty

Personal favorite is keeper of the old lords patrolling with two of those nasty werewolves

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Wouldn't want to spend any time in the 1st or 2nd coolest zone in the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I sprint past everything as well, but only after I've fully explored every nook and cranny in my first two playthroughs

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

I sprint past everything as well, but only after I've fully explored every nook and cranny in my first two playthroughs

same. i can beat the whole game in maybe 4 or 5 hours now

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I had 99 insight when I got there and didn't know about the connection between frenzy & insight to be fair so my options felt limited

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I know the schedule was really tight for this game but NG+ being exactly the same is a little lame. I fully expected the forbidden woods bosses would spawn the giant snakes right away but alas

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

I had 99 insight when I got there and didn't know about the connection between frenzy & insight to be fair so my options felt limited

Lol same. I had like 80 and thought getting instantly frenzied was the intent and I got pretty frustrated during that area.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I had 99 insight but I was also in my Eileen the Crow fashion phase so it balanced out except for that spot with like 5 winter lanterns

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I sprinted in Mensis till I destroyed mother brain then I went back and took it all in. I did not want to deal with frenzy.

Also, my pick for creepiest thing in the game is the winter lantern song

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

I sprinted in Mensis till I destroyed mother brain then I went back and took it all in. I did not want to deal with frenzy.

Also, my pick for creepiest thing in the game is the winter lantern song

the winter lanterns are creepy as gently caress. what is frenzy? why do they cause it? why does insight make you more susceptible to it? is it your mind being torn apart by insanity?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
it's like how people sperg out about judder and screen tearing after they learn about it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bobnumerotres posted:

the winter lanterns are creepy as gently caress. what is frenzy? why do they cause it? why does insight make you more susceptible to it? is it your mind being torn apart by insanity?

so many good questions and so few in-depth answers: this is why bloodborne kicks rear end and i truly want the dlc more than ive ever wanted any dlc before

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i don't want answers to the questions because that defeats the spirit of the story. sometimes a nightmare is just a nightmare

i just want more areas to run through and get spooked by

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Ive heard that at TGS they will reveal the dlc

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bobnumerotres posted:

The Winter Laterns are probably the most disturbing design, to me.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Ive heard that at TGS they will reveal the dlc

whens that. furthermore, what is it. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
*filling in the acronym in my head*

ahh, The Games Show