Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rarity posted:

Update: I tried this. She called her "stunning"

Verdict: Annoyingly inconclusive :argh:

Show her a picture of Tegan and Sara and ask her if she knows which is which.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
islands are sub-continental so get out of here with your navelgazing!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Opopanax posted:

There are bears on islands, too.

*grabs knife*

Not ones I live on.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Who's recruiting, I want a game for people to yell at me in~

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The absolute PANIC that would overcome Manhattan in case of a bear finding itself somehow there, would be hilarious.

That said I'm pretty sure there are some sad polar bears at the Central Park zoo.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Quidnose posted:

Who's recruiting, I want a game for people to yell at me in~

Meeeeeeeeeeeee.

Phoneposting, but the link is in the OP.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Allen Wren posted:

Meeeeeeeeeeeee.

Phoneposting, but the link is in the OP.

I signed up for Amoeba's game because I want to play with yuming! Sorry Allen!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Opopanax posted:

And yet you still wound up with Abbott

That's entirely my point. If The Libs had primaries he wouldn't be Leader. Same with Shorten and the Labour Party. If you don't know who Shorten is, that's fine, neither do the Australian Public.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Mags, you can probably move to Australia as a felon. But you can't do it directly, you have to get to England first, which is the tricky part.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Opopanax posted:

Play Truth or Dare with her

Truth = "Would you like to ladybang?"

Dare = "I dare you to let me ladybang you."

And now ladybang is in my phone's autocorrect.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

Mags, you can probably move to Australia as a felon. But you can't do it directly, you have to get to England first, which is the tricky part.

Haha I'll stow aboard a freighter to London and disappear to the land down under.

I'll change my name from Michael to Mickey and no one will ever find me out.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Go with Micko. You'll never be found out.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry for my emotional outburst earlier regarding finding housing haha, but I've never been discriminated before (that I recognized as discrimination) and it is very distressing.

Oh well life goes on, can't change the past blah blah blah.

Hope everyone is having a good day

Feel better soon keane!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Amoeba102 posted:

Preferential voting is pretty great, you can support someone without worrying about throwing your vote away.

And Primaries are good in so far as you kind of get to choose the leader. The choice of Party leaders here is all up to the Party.

Theoretically, yeah, primaries are cool.

In reality, you often end up with a severely damaged candidate whose party has ceded control over coalition-building to the media at large, which tends to lead to very cynical voters during the general election. That's not to say the media is bad, it's just that American primaries ascribe a role to the media that contradicts its other interests.

The current system emerged out of a very bad time in American history and the people who spearheaded reform probably went a little too far in changing the process.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

CCKeane posted:

I'm sick today mafia thread. You should all give me lots of sympathy as I whine like a baby.

Nobody gave me sympathy. Sorry for passing on my cold. Did we internet hold hands or something?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Nobody gave me sympathy. Sorry for passing on my cold. Did we internet hold hands or something?

I hold you fully responsible for this.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Instead of being sick, have you considered not being?

I find that works for me.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Also I worked a 23 hour day yesterday it was pretty rad

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

CCKeane posted:

I hold you fully responsible for this.

Seems appropriate

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 27, 2020

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

I am on a boat again coming back from an afternoon on a place whose second word in its name is island. as soon as I got off I saw people wearing boat shoes and brightly-colored shorts and I knew I was with my people.

You're a yuppie? I thought they were just a North-Eastern phenomenon.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Southern gentry is slightly different from the cape cod types but we ape their style a lot.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm sure there's something to be said about that.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

FEEL BETTER!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Outlaw New England and the South IMO.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

Southern gentry is slightly different from the cape cod types but we ape their style a lot.

I hate rich people, but you have a special plate in my heart ecco. :)

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

The South is the best.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

A special plate? Eat the Rich?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CCKeane posted:

Even Fairfield and New Haven Counties which make up part of the vaunted Tri-State area? Because I'm pretty pleased I came from that extended NYC metropolitan area.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Even Fairfield and New Haven Counties which make up part of the vaunted Tri-State area? Because I'm pretty pleased I came from that extended NYC metropolitan area.

ESPECIALLY Fairfield and New Haven Counties.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Cosigned

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Magnus Gallant posted:

I hate rich people, but you have a special plate in my heart ecco. :)

I'd say don't eat the rich but peasants are revolting so I understand.

on phone so I can't om easily but MITHRISS you still up for replacing? (100yrs you too).

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

I'd say don't eat the rich but peasants are revolting so I understand.

on phone so I can't om easily but MITHRISS you still up for replacing? (100yrs you too).

When it comes to me all you have to do is ask. Only thing is if it doesn't finish before the 31st of August I'll have to drop out, since I'm traveling back home finally and I won't be really devoting much time to playing mafia.

CCKeane posted:

ESPECIALLY Fairfield and New Haven Counties.

Typical New Yorker.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 27, 2020

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Thanks it's bound to be nice. It's been almost 3 years since I've crossed the Atlantic and seen everyone I left behind. Also oddly enough it's the first time my partner and I travel together to the States despite having been together now for 7 years. We realized tonight that it'll be our anniversary while on the plane. We're not sure if we're going to buy champagne or not.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

A special plate? Eat the Rich?

That's not the terminology?

Geez louise

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm sick too. Sore throat and a hey and tired and fevery. About to take my forehead temp

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Thanks it's bound to be nice. It's been almost 3 years since I've crossed the Atlantic and seen everyone I left behind. Also oddly enough it's the first time my partner and I travel together to the States despite having been together now for 7 years. We realized tonight that it'll be our anniversary while on the plane. We're not sure if we're going to buy champagne or not.

Make other people buy you champagne. Or try to get it for free.

Just make some kind of comment about it being your anniversary in ear shot of a flight attendant or loud enough for a seat neighbor to overhear. Almost guaranteed to get you a free drink.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Make other people buy you champagne. Or try to get it for free.

Just make some kind of comment about it being your anniversary in ear shot of a flight attendant or loud enough for a seat neighbor to overhear. Almost guaranteed to get you a free drink.

Personally I would tell the flight attendant that you have a rare condition called anniversitis which is a medical condition in which you're lacking boobles minori which the only place you can get are from champagne and its a medical emergency that you have some immediately and it be free.

Tell them you'll sue and then fake a heart attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Say you met at a certain time of day and want to commemorate it with champagne, ask if the attendant can bring it to you at X:XX because it's a surprise to your partner