Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Like Takeo and Yamato wouldn't totally try and set up Suna on dates and stuff all the time just so they can double date and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Amazing.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

:drat:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I feel like that Suna face on the side being added to couple photos could totally catch on as a meme.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The second one really needs one of Suna's trademark head-captions going 'It's hot.'

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

BEST EPISODE EVER! :3:

we both died laughing when Yamato found out Takeo wanted to wait three years.
Well a year and 3/4, heh. Third year is just two years off, and they've been dating for six months.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Patware posted:

The second one really needs one of Suna's trademark head-captions going 'It's hot.'

Absolutely sure you don't mean the fourth one?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:pusheen:

Xelkelvos posted:

Like Takeo and Yamato wouldn't totally try and set up Suna on dates and stuff all the time just so they can double date and stuff

Agreed completely.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Help help, please run out and buy more BDs, this show is selling so poorly it makes even Space Dandy look like a box office hit.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That sucks but the chance of me buying overpriced Japanese blurays in language I can't understand and can't even actually play is pretty slim.

I'll buy the hell out of them if they actually get released here though.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

At least the manga's doing quite well for itself. Could always pull a Chihayafuru.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Srice posted:

At least the manga's doing quite well for itself. Could always pull a Chihayafuru.

Chihayafuru BDs outsold Oremonogatari BDs by about 500%...

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its also the 8th most watched anime on tv which doesn't happen a lot for the non mainstream family or shonen shows

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

darkgray posted:

I mean in the sense that it served its purpose, as an ad for the manga.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

its also the 8th most watched anime on tv which doesn't happen a lot for the non mainstream family or shonen shows

Also this, yeah.

Even if the BDs do poorly there's always merch and manga sales.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The latest episode hit me really bad. My mom was hospitalized years ago, when I was about Takeo's age, and my reaction was pretty much the same "holy poo poo what do I do what do I do" that Takeo had. I remember being utterly terrified that my mom could die, since it happened unexpectedly and she'd always been super strong before that :smith:

(No worries, my mom's fine now.)

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

darkgray posted:

Darkgray, between this and Rokka you're becoming a real bummer. Please stop exposing me to the harsh business realities of the anime industry.

I mean, you're still ahead of the game based on the rad insights you've given in the Overlord thread, but just give me some good news! What's selling like hotcakes from this summer anime season, by the way? I'll just become a fan of that and everything will be solved.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

NowonSA posted:

Darkgray, between this and Rokka you're becoming a real bummer. Please stop exposing me to the harsh business realities of the anime industry.

I mean, you're still ahead of the game based on the rad insights you've given in the Overlord thread, but just give me some good news! What's selling like hotcakes from this summer anime season, by the way? I'll just become a fan of that and everything will be solved.

Just guessing, but I hope you like Monster Musume and other fanservice-fests.

I too wish this would sell better than it is. It's such a good series that it deserves it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Volfogg posted:

Just guessing, but I hope you like Monster Musume and other fanservice-fests.

I too wish this would sell better than it is. It's such a good series that it deserves it.

The anime might not be selling all that well but the manga is doing quite well for itself.

Most recent sales data I can find is that the most recent volume has managed to sell over 350k.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

NowonSA posted:

Darkgrey isn't exposing you to anything, they're just playing armchair producer when actually they actually don't know poo poo.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Great episode. Takeo's mom is awesome, giving birth in one minute. :allears:

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
What's up with the dad's eyes?? They are creepin me out

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

The Devil Tesla posted:

Darkgrey isn't exposing you to anything, they're just playing armchair producer when actually they actually don't know poo poo.

bitch, he's watched shirobako

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Darth Windu posted:

What's up with the dad's eyes?? They are creepin me out

He's very handsome.

Macdoo
Jul 24, 2012

Bad Tabletop Opinions Haver
holy poo poo HOLY poo poo WHAT AN EPISODE

Also Suna's finally possibly leaving the third wheel zone. Thank goodness for qt glasses girl

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
"It's a box. Oh, it's Yamato."

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Episode was great but if that ending was an indication of the final arc for the anime that's gonna be pretty cool, maybe.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
This episode was fantastic and despite the whole show being upbeat it still ended up being something of an emotional roller coaster.

I actually started to doubt whether Yamato was going to give Takeo any special chocolates even thought it's Yamato and she obviously was going to and the show had spent scenes showing her thinking about what chocolate to make for him

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I am jealous of Yamato if she has never messed up tempering chocolate

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
My baking skills are closer to Nanako's :(

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Help I cannot stop taking screenshots of this episode

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

That baby's got one maddog glare

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

alcharagia posted:

Help I cannot stop taking screenshots of this episode

That whole scene killed me, especially Suna with Takeo's bag.

Also this omg

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

This episode was the best but the highlight for me had to have been Saijou showing up again. That was just the cap for me, I was so happy.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Hocus Pocus posted:

That baby's got one maddog glare

That baby will grow up to be powerful. Maybe even more powerful than Renge.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I love how My Love Story! will always end up at the most predictably sappy things, but before it gets there it will perform a completely unconvincing but 100% committed misdirection.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Woah, glasses girl is hardcore. Same Valentine's note every year since kindergarten it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
I just looked up who her voice is, and now I just want to hug her and tell her everything is going to be okay.

Kayano Ai always plays the doomed ones, doesn't she?

• Locked thread