Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Kopijeger posted:

As for worst book, possibly "The Bear and the Dragon" by Tom Clancy. Aside from the infamous "Japanese sausage" euphemism, it seemed ridiculous how easily Russia allied with the US, how absurdly effective the high-tech cluster bombs were, how Ryan put himself at risk on the cruiser rather than allow himself to be evacuated and how the Chinese government was toppled in a bloodless coup just because they put a camera feed from drones on the internet.

Don't forget the repeated characterization of Chinese people as "Klingons" who "don't value life the way we do".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Don't forget the repeated characterization of Chinese people as "Klingons" who "don't value life the way we do".

If the china.jpg thread has taught me anything its that is kinda/sorta/possibly true but not in the way Clancy probably intends.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

loquacius posted:

Also I just wrote a post in another PYF thread about Ready Player One yesterday so I'll just paste that post here

I recently reread RPO before reading Armada and this is what I posted in the Book Barn:

Vanderdeath posted:

I posted in this thread that I didn't mind Ready Player One after I immediately finished it but as the weeks went on, I kept thinking about the book and getting annoyed about it. I recently went back and re-read it, along with Armada and god-loving-drat.

Armada doubles the gently caress down on the nostalgia wank and the 1980s as viewed through a Middle Class White Man's Lens. The main character is an rear end in a top hat whose dad dies and leaves behind a bunch of dumb 80s poo poo that no kid in the middle 21st century should care about. Of course his mother is totally okay with the idea of her son trying to recreate his father's life by living an unhealthy simulacrum of it. Oh, and turns out, being good at video games - specifically one that was designed by every major video game developer (ranging from the likes of Gabe Newell to Shigeru Miyamoto and Hidetaka Miyazaki) will help save the world! Oh, and he gets enlisted into the world-saving army corps because he's so good at video games and is made a captain or some poo poo and there's an even more generic female stand-in that wants to make out with him immediately because he's so loving good at video games.

Then they fight the bad guy alien invasion, his dad shows up and had something to do with the video game (SURPRISE) and literally all of the cities along the Atlantic get hosed up by the aliens' weapons but because we win, the aliens give us cool technology to make up for it but ZACK loving LIGHTMAN, hero of the video game wars, doesn't trust 'em...perhaps they did this for nefarious purposes??? THE ? END. Also the afterword mentions that this poo poo is getting made into a loving movie so gently caress everything.

Basically, gently caress Ernest Cline's books. You can watch a middle-age white man masturbate on the internet elsewhere.

Seriously, gently caress Reddit and every other "nerd" site using Cline's books as an awful tentpole for their bullshit beliefs and justification for their lovely personalities they've carefully groomed through nostalgic consumerism. I vastly prefer Super Sad True Love Story as a near-future sci-fi story about a lonely, haughty nerd-cum-intellectual who gets the girl before everything goes to absolute poo poo

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) > PYF terrible book as long as it was written by Ernest Cline

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

To indulge in my own nostalgia, teenage me read To Sail Beyond The Sunset because it was mentioned in a fan theory about the Wheel of Time from somewhere on the internet. I don't remember noticing heinlein's politics, just that it was like this endless line of wife-swapping and incest set in the 1910s. I don't think there was a plot and don't remember any scifi elements (time travel?). It was my first exposure to heinlein, too. There's probably a lot of awful poo poo in there but I doubt it's worth dredging 600+ pages to find

The Killing Jelq has a new favorite as of 01:23 on Aug 10, 2015

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I am only five pages into this thread, so this may have been mentioned. Two of my favorite books of all time are Vernor Vinge's A Fire Upon the Deep and A Deepness in the Sky. I recently found out that he wrote a sequel to A Fire Upon the Deep, so I instantly grabbed the audiobook on Audible. Complete, boring poo poo. I actually got about 1/3 of the way through it and returned it to Audible for credit. I'll do what I did when I started reading King's Wolves of the Calla. Put that poo poo down and make up my own series ending.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

The Killing Jelq posted:

To indulge in my own nostalgia, teenage me read To Sail Beyond The Sunset because it was mentioned in a fan theory about the Wheel of Time from somewhere on the internet. I don't remember noticing heinlein's politics, just that it was like this endless line of wife-swapping and incest set in the 1910s. I don't think there was a plot and don't remember any scifi elements (time travel?). It was my first exposure to heinlein, too. There's probably a lot of awful poo poo in there but I doubt it's worth dredging 600+ pages to find
Yep. It's Heinlein's second meandering novel about travelling back in time to have sex with a parent.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) > PYF terrible book as long as it was written by Ernest Cline

ignoring the tribute to the 80s (it was acceptable in the 80s; it was acceptable at the time) of Cline's novels, reading the summaries of RP1 and Armada really reminded me of the books by Stephen Gould. u may remember him as the writer of the YA novel which turned into the not-at-all successful movie, Jumper

i read Jumper and Wildside as a teen and these are some things i remember, without cheating and referring to wikipedia or some inevitable stephengould.wikia dot com

Jumper

a nerdy kid, i.e. u the audience stand-in, discovers he can teleport. i don't recall how he discovered it, probably some "hmm, imma think about this sick place" and boom. he calls this "jumping" because teleporting sounds less cool and involves more than one syllable. i think at one point it's described like he just vanishes like a tv movie with zero production values (caveat i have not watched the movie or its trailer and i assume there are special effects. pls don't correct me)

the kid develops a weird objectivist set of values in that "ok, the bank stores money... and if the bank loses money, the banks have to pay them back out of their pockets, and the customers aren't affected... so i should steal from banks!"

he spends the first part of the book just jumping into bank vaults and stealing money like a video game protagonist running into people's houses to break vases. he is also super clever in avoiding cctvs and stuff and blah blah, because being an idiot dipshit child who uses his powers for selfish purposes requires intelligence, and cunning

anyway after lots of talent-squandering-for-self-important-purposes, he watches tv and oh my, terrorism exists!

so he says ok i will be selfless now, i will capture terrorists!

this book was written in the 90s and tbf, the public consciousness is not well-educated with this idea of a grey area between freedom fighters and terrorism. but anway it was a p dumb plot which i don't think was used in the movie

he catches these terrorists through his teleporting means, then he teleports them to a cliff and drops them. they scream like an idiot being dropped off a tall cliff for a long while before he teleports mid-fall and then BANG! send them to the clifftop again. then he keeps throwing them until they pee and poo poo themselves dry and will not do the naughty terrorist things again and then he sends them to the cia/fbi/government agency

i forgot the resolution to that, or the whole book even

i do remember one thing though: there was a hot supermodel. this super hot supermodel was on tv and he's like "imma go and teleport to where she is, kidnap her and then when she's stuck alone with me with nowhere out, i'll seduce her with my charms and make her LOVE ME" which is of loving course exactly what he did.

anyway that was how jumper had a story involving a young man who threatened a beautiful lady with his powers and made her a sexual victim

Wildside

i cannot quite recall this book. i remember it had a kickass yellow cover of a puma jumping out at you. i was also very in my young teens when i read it and thought black t-shirts with dragons were appropriate attire. my friend borrowed the book and lost it. i think i may forgive him one day because the book was not very good

so Wildside is, once again, a story about a young nerd i.e. audience you getting a miracle handed to him on a silver platter with nary any effort put into on his part

i think the young nerd goes to the basement of his dad's house or something, and discovers a portal. THe portal goes to some alternate universe (it wasn't fully explaiend), but it was basically Jurassic World The Real Thing, Without The Park. it's dangerous as poo poo but our nerd has SURVIVAL SKILLS so he metal gear solided his way out of the place back into the mundane real world

I think Jurassic Park was released at the time of this book? Maybe that's why i picked it up. dinosaurs are rad

i dont' recall dinosaurs were in the book

yeah maybe that's why the book isn't rad

anyway

he's like, how can this portal enrich me in any way?

i know, i'll start learning how to use firearms, buy a bunch of guns, and hunt innocent jurassic era animals (like the sabre tooth tiger) and sell their stuff for profit

ok, i'll get some of my friends to go with me, including the Hot Girl Who Will Fall In Love With Me If We Get Stuck And There Is No Way To Get Out Without My Assistance

then one of the friends who was mad at him for idiot young people friendship reasons inevitably leaked the news and the military/fbi/cia come to spoil the fun. and the protag is like, haha, guess who has the experience of playing this world too many times and have enough knowledge to write the GameFAQS wiki for it.

so yeah the more well-trained people with less experience about Jurassic World gets eaten up. Then he fucks the Hot Girl. the end

and thats the story of Wildwide, involving a guy who once again uses his powers to threaten a young woman into having sex with him. i think that's a pattern with S.Gould books.

thats all

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

John Big Booty posted:

Yep. It's Heinlein's second meandering novel about travelling back in time to have sex with a parent.

Ah, Heinlein. The only book of his I ever attempted was Stranger In A Strange Land. The setup was interesting and I actually hung with it until. Until.

There's a scene where he's having sex with... whoever, and in the throes of passion she cries out, "Thou art God!"

Aaaaannnd that's where I gave up in disgust. According to a friend of mine who read the whole thing, I picked a good place to stop.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Well, they weren't great, but they weren't what you portray either. There are bad things about them as books, but you feel the need to make poo poo up whole cloth. I mean it's like you're mixing up the books with a combination of drug damaged memory mixed with bad 90's direct to VHS movies with a dash of wish-fulfillment thrown in.

For example:

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i do remember one thing though: there was a hot supermodel. this super hot supermodel was on tv and he's like "imma go and teleport to where she is, kidnap her and then when she's stuck alone with me with nowhere out, i'll seduce her with my charms and make her LOVE ME" which is of loving course exactly what he did.

anyway that was how jumper had a story involving a young man who threatened a beautiful lady with his powers and made her a sexual victim

Literally did not happen at all in the book. Not once.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

cool please correct me

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Ah, Heinlein. The only book of his I ever attempted was Stranger In A Strange Land. The setup was interesting and I actually hung with it until. Until.

There's a scene where he's having sex with... whoever, and in the throes of passion she cries out, "Thou art God!"

Aaaaannnd that's where I gave up in disgust. According to a friend of mine who read the whole thing, I picked a good place to stop.

And that might be one of his better ones. I think it's The Moon is a Harsh Mistress in which the protagonist concludes that having sex with your teenage cousin is totally fine and it's just cultural hangups about incest and paedophilia that made him think it was bad.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

It did, however, give us just about the most accurate indicator of who to give a wedgie: "grok".

I want to give a wedgie to myself just for having written it.

Tiggum posted:

And that might be one of his better ones. I think it's The Moon is a Harsh Mistress in which the protagonist concludes that having sex with your teenage cousin is totally fine and it's just cultural hangups about incest and paedophilia that made him think it was bad.
That's where he started to let his libertarianism shine, if I recall correctly. Between that and his being a sci-fi writer, it was inevitable that he ended up being a gross pervert.

Ellie Crabcakes has a new favorite as of 04:37 on Aug 10, 2015

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

The Killing Jelq posted:

Yeah, first Heinlein I ever read was Number Of The Beast. I was thirteen. I ... wasn't quite sure what to make of it. "Perhaps this is actually good. This guy's supposed to be good, right?" Next was I Will Fear No Evil. I did get into his non-seniles after that.

I do like the fan theory that Number Of The Beast is literally a worked example in how to write a lovely novel, because every time something loving dumb happens it's an author standin doing it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I read it in high school. I was really enjoying all the future sci-fi political stuff up until the guy makes a bunch of space cops disappear and it goes off into crazy religious sex orgy bullshit. I stuck through to the end because, seriously, this is just padding, right? He's going to get back to the real plot soon, right?

Nope. I was actually kinda disappointed when the Martians decided not to blow up the Earth, I recall.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

The Saddest Rhino posted:

ignoring the tribute to the 80s (it was acceptable in the 80s; it was acceptable at the time) of Cline's novels, reading the summaries of RP1 and Armada really reminded me of the books by Stephen Gould.
thats all

For a second I was worried you were talking about the other Stephen Gould and we were going to get a lecture on the merits of the Bell Curve.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

--All You Zombies-- is the only thing by Heinlein I've ever read and I honestly enjoyed it but am 100% okay with never touching anything else he ever wrote

Especially if the weird hosed-up time-travel incest stuff is a general theme of his writing rather than just some weird concepts that story was designed to explore

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I never read it, but I want to like it for 2 reasons. 1) It's Space Jesus vs. Scientology-Christianity. 2) Senile Libertarian Heinlein hated it.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

pentyne posted:

I only read the first third of the book, but the MC's wife/gf is part of a social of elite liberal arts/sociology/"enlightened" group and the figurehead, some free thinking professor gets smug and starts talking about how the US governemnt is going to destroy ghettos and bulldoze parks to build the "information superhighway" and the MC just starts yelling at him.

The funny thing is this is basically what is literally figuratively happening right now.

lambeth
Aug 31, 2009

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

You sure did. I gave up shortly after the main female character said that most of the time, women did something to deserve getting raped. The plot of human raised on Mars was interesting, but the rest of the story is absolute horseshit.

Someone mentioned Amanda McKittrick Ros previously in the thread. This woman was almost brilliant in how badly she wrote, and of course, she was completely oblivious to how bad she was (although of course, she hated the critics, and made them evil characters in some of her books). In her biography, her biographer mentions that he one time suggested that her having a villain named Lord Rasberry was probably not a good idea, and she just stared at him uncomprehendingly.

Anyways, have some quotes. As you'll see, she really loved alliteration.

Irene Iddesleigh posted:

At the commencement of Irene’s answer of lavishing praises and flimsy apologies, her affianced moved to the opposite corner of the rustic building to scan the features of her he wholly worshipped and reluctantly doubted. Every sentence the able and beautiful girl uttered caused Sir John to shift his apparently uncomfortable person nearer and nearer, watching at the same time minutely the divine picture of innocence, until at last, when her reply was ended, he found himself, altogether unconsciously, clasping her to his bosom, whilst the ruby rims which so recently proclaimed accusations and innocence met with unearthly sweetness, chasing every fault over the hills of doubt, until hidden in the hollow of immediate hate.

The opening sentence of Delina Delaney posted:

Have you ever visited that portion of Erin's plot that offers its sympathetic soil for the minute survey and scrutinous examination of those in political power, whose decision has wisely been the means before now of converting the stern and prejudiced, and reaching the hand of slight aid to share its strength in augmenting its agricultural richness?

Visiting Westminister Abbey posted:

Holy Moses! Have a look!
Flesh decayed in every nook!
Some rare bits of brain lie here,
Mortal loads of beef and beer,
Some of whom are turned to dust,
Every one bids lost to lust;
Royal flesh so tinged with 'blue'
Undergoes the same as you.
Famous some were--yet they died;
Poets--Statesmen--Rogues beside,
Kings--Queens, all of them do rot,
What about them? Now--they're not!

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I recently was recommended rpo by someone who usually just reads David McCullough books. I told her I had heard mixed things, and she assured me that no it was awesome.

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

Visiting Westminister Abbey posted:

Holy Moses! Have a look!
Flesh decayed in every nook!
Some rare bits of brain lie here,
Mortal loads of beef and beer,
Some of whom are turned to dust,
Every one bids lost to lust;
Royal flesh so tinged with 'blue'
Undergoes the same as you.
Famous some were--yet they died;
Poets--Statesmen--Rogues beside,
Kings--Queens, all of them do rot,
What about them? Now--they're not!

Am I alone in thinking this is not exactly 'good', but is at least not bland, and achieves a flippant tone that's clearly deliberate? AFAIK nearly all McKittrick Ros' poetry is in this weird sarcastic style, but there's such a load of ruminating, Gray's Elegy style verse about the vanity of human wishes that it's a fairly fresh approach here.

Parody, But Barely Worse Than The Original posted:

When he killed the Mudjokivis,
Of the skin he made him mittens,
Made them with the fur side inside,
Made them with the skin side outside.
He, to get the warm side inside,
Put the inside skin side outside;
He, to get the cold side outside,
Put the warm side fur side inside.
That ’s why he put the fur side inside,
Why he put the skin side outside,
Why he turned them inside outside.

This floats around the net often unattributed, but my copy of 'Verse and Worse' names the perp as George A. Strong.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
It's basically children's rhymes. Not poetry for children, but poetry by children. The flippancy is the same.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ambitious Spider posted:

I recently was recommended rpo by someone who usually just reads David McCullough books. I told her I had heard mixed things, and she assured me that no it was awesome.

It's "awesome" in the since that people love tons of inside jokes on every page that only they, "real" fans, would get. Do you want to see 3 pages of teenagers from the 2040s arguing about LadyHawke? Because that's the essential core of the book.

I say this having read it, it's cringe-worthy for the level of 80s cultural obsession that author has but its still fun as hell to read, like so bad its good terrible fanfiction. You'll keep getting blown away by just how juvenile the writing is for a major NYT bestseller.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I do not know the book from which this passage resides, but it is utter magic.

Someone earlier in the topic mentioned Ender's Shadow and I have to agree as to its terribleness. I had the exact same problems with Bean being set up as The Ultimate Guy. The thing that frustrated me the most is the very end when Ender elects to use the Dr. Device on the formic planet, Bean already knows that that's what to do and he can do it at any time but he chooses to let Ender pull the trigger and be the hero!! But he still delivers the ~secret message~ to the pilot to fire the Dr. Device into his own cockpit, because if he didn't do that the chain reaction wouldn't work and the plan would fail. So Bean was the Real Hero. It made me like Ender's Game even less than I did at the time I started reading Shadow, because while at least you could argue some subtlety in Ender's story, Bean, if not the "Hitler As Christ" figure you guys were talking about, is certainly the "unsung hero" type of which that figure is the extreme. So I felt like it made that image stick out more in Ender's Game, and made me feel like OSC had such an obnoxious narrative in his mind from the start.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

tbf my grades improved after i read it

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

How does one manage to get paid to write this sort of garbage? There are millions of these books written by people you've never heard of, all containing basically the same, mostly useless content mixed with terrible jokes. Do publishing companies just pay some random employee a nominal fee to put an updated version together every few years or what?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I guess Gary Larson just had too much self-respect, so they hired someone to rip off Gary Larson.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Tiggum posted:

How does one manage to get paid to write this sort of garbage? There are millions of these books written by people you've never heard of, all containing basically the same, mostly useless content mixed with terrible jokes. Do publishing companies just pay some random employee a nominal fee to put an updated version together every few years or what?

Authors like Brian Herbert gotta start somewhere

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Authors like Brian Herbert gotta start somewhere

Authors like Brian Herbert, Christopher Tolkein et al got started by (a) picking the right genes (b) calling Kevin J. Anderson (c) calling for MORE COKE! AND HOOKERS!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

divabot posted:

Authors like Brian Herbert, Christopher Tolkein et al got started by (a) picking the right genes (b) calling Kevin J. Anderson (c) calling for MORE COKE! AND HOOKERS!

Doesn't Christopher Tolkien just publish his father's library of old notes?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Doesn't Christopher Tolkien just publish his father's library of old notes?

He does a lot of editing, which he's gotten better at over the years. It's a better management of the legacy than Brian Herbert, that's for certain.

Some of the History of Middle-Earth books are more scholarly analysis of the evolution of the story through JRRT's life.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Someone should do one of those readthroughs of the Brian Herbert dunebooks, because they are super-dumb in ways that are kind of interesting.

BerkerkLurk
Jul 22, 2001

I could never sleep my way to the top 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up

John Big Booty posted:

That's where he started to let his libertarianism shine, if I recall correctly.
Pretty easy to be a libertarian when a nigh-omnipotent computer that runs the entire moon becomes your friend for some reason.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Someone should do one of those readthroughs of the Brian Herbert dunebooks, because they are super-dumb in ways that are kind of interesting.

I like how in the first prequel book he wrote he gave the Harkonnens no-ship technology, which wouldn't exist in universe for thousands of years. Also the Baron was fat because Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam hypnotized him to overeat.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

muscles like this? posted:

I like how in the first prequel book he wrote he gave the Harkonnens no-ship technology, which wouldn't exist in universe for thousands of years. Also the Baron was fat because Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam hypnotized him to overeat.

I know, right?

Also remember how it was mention that Paul's grandfather got gored by a bull? In the prequels, they changed it into an insect space bull, because :krad:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For some reason dear ol dad forgot to mention that it was an insect in the scene where Jessica talks about how much she hates the preserved head.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Julian May's The Many Coloured Land/Golden Torc. Someone recommended it in another thread on the premise of 'future people can travel back to post-dinosaur age to get away from everything but there's aliens already there'. Premise sounds good, starts well, and then everyone's a loving Mary Sue over-powered telepath/shape shifter vs Medieval Space Elves/mutant underdog trolls, it's complete shite.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Goldskull posted:

Julian May's The Many Coloured Land/Golden Torc. Someone recommended it in another thread on the premise of 'future people can travel back to post-dinosaur age to get away from everything but there's aliens already there'. Premise sounds good, starts well, and then everyone's a loving Mary Sue over-powered telepath/shape shifter vs Medieval Space Elves/mutant underdog trolls, it's complete shite.

God, that series was amazing. (-ly disastrous.) The first book is pretty cool for the early '80s. Next three, ehh okay finish it off fine for a sci fi adventure, but you can hear the typewriter by the fourth one. Fifth book ("Intervention") was actually really nice, I loved the viewpoint character. The second trilogy ... you can really tell that she plotted the entire epic before she started, and by the end she was typing with her forehead while swearing continuously. The last book was mumbled in by phone. I read to the end because I'd started twenty years before so I was going to loving well finish, but frankly she shoulda handed the outline to Kevin Anderson and it would have been a far less worse second trilogy. I didn't read Pliocene Companion if I did now thirty years later I might be tempted to dig out the books again and there's badly-written 100k unfinished fanfics I'd rather be getting on with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Has anybody read the Iron Druid books? Amazon kept recommending them to me for ages and they looked like hot garbage.