Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

chumbler posted:

Berg Katze is a boob.

Two, if you want to get technical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
It wasn't the breathing in the park that made Jou question his actions, it was literally all of Gelsadra's actions to dismantle central government, etc. I understand not liking a character but you could at least pay attention to the character arcs as they go on since they'll probably play off one another.

And I'm not annoyed with Tsubasa's turn to her current nature. Sure I find her annoying as she is now, but I realize that's the point of the character and the double down she's doing on her ideals makes 100% sense in character, especially given her not understanding anything her Grandfather's tried to teach her (It's actually a really good set up and turn, he's teaching her simple things in a difficult manner and she doesn't understand in rebellion she wants to handle difficult things in a simple manner).

But even with that she's kind of the least compelling character that isn't Paiman. She represents a very naive world very that is very caring and well-natured but is very dangerous. Everything about Tsubasa is fireworks. Her transformation, her anger, her aspirations and thoughts for the future. They're all fancy and pretty and seem like good things but they fade/will fade very quickly. At least for now. I feel like she will become a much better and whole person/character as the show goes on, but I don't need to see much from her in any episode until that ball really gets rolling. Besides the conflict between her And Joe/Rui her whole contribution in the past few episodes have equated to basically just be holding Gel's hand and hammering in the change in zeitgeist we see with the general populous.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Aug 19, 2015

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It wasn't the breathing in the park that made Jou question his actions, it was literally all of Gelsadra's actions to dismantle central government, etc. I understand not liking a character but you could at least pay attention to the character arcs as they go on since they'll probably play off one another.

Yeah, I get that, I'm just saying, execution-wise, Jou suddenly throwing up his hands without even any kind of negative outcome of the change in government to juxtapose it with felt weak. It sucks, cause you'd think it'd be pretty easy to write. Wouldn't all those high-payed, likely highly corrupt politicians, Diet members, lobbyists, etc have some words of their own about this radical sea change? Maybe them and their lawyers? But nope, nothin. What about the segment of the population that didn't drink the Gel-aid? Wouldn't their interests be pretty hosed under this new Geltatorship? Who will speak for them? But again, they just don't go there, and I think it would've gone a long way to giving that moment and others some pathos or stakes. Maybe they still will, who knows, but we seem to be going with French nightmare gremlins for now.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't think the show needs to explicitly tell us why Jou might be having second thoughts.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

chumbler posted:

I don't think the show needs to explicitly tell us why Jou might be having second thoughts.

It's the same with how it doesn't need to show exactly what Tsubasa or Hajime are thinking at this moment. We'll probably get to it soon.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Jou is just a cynical realist that would like to see a world something like Rui wants to make, but doesn't think it can happen now/ever. It grates on him that he has to play a "trick" on the general populace to get things done to move that direction, and especially behind someone like Gel, but he sees doing nothing or directly opposing Gel up to this point as insufficient means to have a chance of reaching the ends. Seems relatively straightforward to me.

Also, I don't get the feeling Jou has thrown up his hands in relation to Gel, at least not yet. He has, however, thrown up his hands in relation to all the "6" people under the 2-6-2 rule, which is why he is helping Gel in the first place.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 19, 2015

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Davincie posted:

rui's a technocrat, no?

rui is a disruptive silicon valley innovator

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Rui is my wife

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

As long as Rui can be my husband, I think we'll get along ok.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I will be friends with Rui.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

a kitten posted:

I love this dude's stuff.

He should do one with the battle dress as well.
and the bunny ears.

All of them.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I will be friends with Rui.

Kylra posted:

As long as Rui can be my husband, I think we'll get along ok.

Cake Attack posted:

Rui is my wife

Same.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kylra posted:

Jou is just a cynical realist that would like to see a world something like Rui wants to make, but doesn't think it can happen now/ever. It grates on him that he has to play a "trick" on the general populace to get things done to move that direction, and especially behind someone like Gel, but he sees doing nothing or directly opposing Gel up to this point as insufficient means to have a chance of reaching the ends. Seems relatively straightforward to me.

Also, I don't get the feeling Jou has thrown up his hands in relation to Gel, at least not yet. He has, however, thrown up his hands in relation to all the "6" people under the 2-6-2 rule, which is why he is helping Gel in the first place.

Well in a sense he hasn't thrown up his hands in relation to Gel yet because they both go around trying to change the world in the same matter of fashion. That is, change the environment to better suit people, the problem is that you cant change the environment to suit everyone and the environment created is a reflection of those that created it (In this case Gels). Its ultimately the wrong way of going about it. You have to change the individual and the world will naturally follow, on a personal level. Which is what Rui is trying to do.

The show is very buddhist in nature when it comes to conflict resolution. I've been joking about Hajime being Twitter Buddha but it really is the best way to describe her. All her advise revolve around changing how people think, and then they liberate themselves from the fetters that bind them. That way, even if the world looks like its going up in flames, people can pull through. And boy does Gel have a lot of fetters.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Well in a sense he hasn't thrown up his hands in relation to Gel yet because they both go around trying to change the world in the same matter of fashion. That is, change the environment to better suit people, the problem is that you cant change the environment to suit everyone and the environment created is a reflection of those that created it (In this case Gels). Its ultimately the wrong way of going about it. You have to change the individual and the world will naturally follow, on a personal level. Which is what Rui is trying to do.
That's where Jou's cynism and realism comes in. Rui is much more idealistic.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Bad Seafood posted:

He'd better not skip Paiman.

Yeah for reals

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

a kitten posted:

Yeah for reals

WickedHate needs this, but it's too cool for her.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

a kitten posted:

Yeah for reals

This makes me wonder whether we'll get long-haired Katze or short-haired Katze.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Bad Seafood posted:

This makes me wonder whether we'll get long-haired Katze or short-haired Katze.

It'll just be Hajime again but zoomed in real close.

il-landier
Jan 28, 2008

I hope there will be an episode that's solely focused on Berg-Katze, one that's barely animated closeups of Hajime's tits while Berg-Katze rants on and on.

It'd be the best episode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just hope the show is completed and we don't have another directors cut problem like last season.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

il-landier posted:

I hope there will be an episode that's solely focused on Berg-Katze, one that's barely animated closeups of Hajime's tits while Berg-Katze rants on and on.

It'd be the best episode.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:eyepop:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

he also posted the whole bunch slightly smaller (not sure if they're within avatar limits or not) with a few tweeks here and there and Hajime completely redone

Conspicuously missing: Paiman. This is an outrage!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In Training posted:

I just hope the show is completed and we don't have another directors cut problem like last season.

It feels like these Tatsunoko reboots have been cursed to completely fall apart in the finale, but I hope that this one bucks the trend.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Senerio posted:

Thanks so much! I had the perfect text in mind, so I just needed a decent picture.
"Am I a boy? Am I a girl? Who knows!! But everyone finds me hot and that makes everyone gay"

Is that your 'perfect text', omg

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

a kitten posted:

he also posted the whole bunch slightly smaller (not sure if they're within avatar limits or not) with a few tweeks here and there and Hajime completely redone

Conspicuously missing: Paiman. This is an outrage!

They are the right size, though I still prefer my version, since it has less dead space. Still nice of the artist to make avatar sized!

e: The dead space is especially notable on the smaller characters like Utsutsu and Gelsadra. On a tall person like OD its much less noticeable.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
If he ends up doing JJ that box better end up oblong.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Capcom circa 20 years ago should make a sprite based Gatchaman fighter for Dreamcast.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Crowds, specifically.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Hey, they can't make Marvel VS Capcom anymore, might as well make Tatsunoko VS Capcom 2.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Yoinked one for myself

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Nine of Eight posted:

Yoinked one for myself

I like it.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Can't go wrong with more Rui imo.

Can you imagine? A couple weeks ago no one had Rui avs.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rui Rui Rui aaahaaahaah

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Now that song is stuck in my head, thanks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

This is a dangerously powerful situation that has developed here...

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Seeing all three of those in a row makes me wonder if the "streak" of gold blonde in the middle of the pinkish blonde is a genuine thing going on with the hair or just a stylistic/color choice on the studio's part.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's the hosed up shading used on everybody's hair

i do like it, but it's also strange

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

It's stylistic. Everyone's hair does the double color stripe thing. Check your own av even!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I take it back. Paiman doesn't get the style.

• Locked thread