Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I really wish there was a chance you could loot weapons from the Raider attacks.

There's a lot of stuff like this that just makes me crazy. Why can't I make a guard room so my buff dudes can respond to attacks rather than whoever is in there? Some poo poo goes down on the 2nd floor and everyone else is going about their business. I drag someone with a great weapon over to fight raiders, but when the raiders run out of the room, my dude just sits there.

Clearly we need to all team up and make Zybourne Shelter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
You can post people at the Vault Door room and they'll guard that area, it's a good way to stop incoming raiders in their tracks.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Dodoman posted:

You can post people at the Vault Door room and they'll guard that area, it's a good way to stop incoming raiders in their tracks.

Don't get me started here upgrade the door.. which only makes them able to attack more you can't attack them till they break through I guess it gives you more time to mobilize.

Also it's fuckin awful trying to move guys around to follow the raiders.. why they don't follow is beyond me.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Everything other than the fallout theme is pretty awful.
It's a cool idea, but the game is simply not fun or engaging.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

Pac-Man 256, the endless Pac-Man game inspired by and co-developed by the Crossy Road people is out now on the Play Store.

Where the hell is the IAP? I could have sworn there's supposed to be a 'buy infinite credits' option.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe

Xtanstic posted:

Where the hell is the IAP? I could have sworn there's supposed to be a 'buy infinite credits' option.
Burn through all of your credits first, then try to use one. You'll be prompted to purchase the "infinite credits" IAP (for $7 and change lol)

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's also a coin doubler you can get through the power up menu.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

gromdul posted:

Somehow Fallout Shelter is even less interesting with the hacked 420 save.

The lunchboxes take literally all of the gameplay out of the game. They are cool in small doses, but it's pointless when you have 400.

In other news FF7 released on iOS today, maybe we will get it on android in a few months!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

There's a lot of stuff like this that just makes me crazy. Why can't I make a guard room so my buff dudes can respond to attacks rather than whoever is in there? Some poo poo goes down on the 2nd floor and everyone else is going about their business. I drag someone with a great weapon over to fight raiders, but when the raiders run out of the room, my dude just sits there.

Clearly we need to all team up and make Zybourne Shelter.

Yea, I mean a big part of fallout is killing people and taking their poo poo.

WHAT THE gently caress? Radroaches just slaughtered everyone in my vault in like 3 seconds.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I mean a big part of fallout is killing people and taking their poo poo.

WHAT THE gently caress? Radroaches just slaughtered everyone in my vault in like 3 seconds.

There's apparently an immortal radroach bug.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

gromdul posted:

Somehow Fallout Shelter is even less interesting with the hacked 420 save.

Skinner boxes are very boring if you have everything already.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

gently caress this game I'm out.
E: have a crappily drawn memento of what I did.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 20, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Shwqa posted:

I can't wait to see the disappointment in this thread when fallout shelters comes out :allears:

It was hilarious to see in the IOS thread how quickly opinions turned against the game. It is a bad game.

Yes it is happening :allears:

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Game blows. Deleted

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
Does Final Fantasy Tactics lag really bad and/or crash for a lot of you? I've got a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and the poor thing gets hot enough to fry bacon unless I completely purge all of the RAM and run it in Clean Master game boost mode. And then it still lags! I tried putting it in Bluestacks but like most games it just completely shits a brick.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Shwqa posted:

Yes it is happening :allears:

:smugdog: Say what you want, I'm not wasting any of my hard-earned money on this game. Just hours and hours of time that I would otherwise be doing something constructive with. :smugdog:

:negative:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Beef Hardcheese posted:

:smugdog: Say what you want, I'm not wasting any of my hard-earned money on this game. Just hours and hours of time that I would otherwise be doing something constructive with. :smugdog:

:negative:

Oh believe me, I waste my time on lovely little skinner boxes as well. Just that fallout is a swallow even for skinner boxes. They slapped a big name on it and made a poo poo load of cash.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Fallout Shelter question: Do the parents of the baby at all affect the magnitude of its stats? I don't think I've ever seen a baby with a stat higher than 3.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Meatwave posted:

Fallout Shelter question: Do the parents of the baby at all affect the magnitude of its stats? I don't think I've ever seen a baby with a stat higher than 3.

I don't believe so, in fact I think there might be a cap of 12 on the sum total of a new baby's stats.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Geektox posted:

I don't believe so, in fact I think there might be a cap of 12 on the sum total of a new baby's stats.

The gently caress? So all my efforts at training Dwellers' stats up to have them breed a race of all-10 SPECIAL uberkinder is all for nothing?

TheSlapOfGod
Aug 28, 2008

Light Gun Man posted:

In under you. My code is wx5MMYmH

Got in using your code. Mine is fXwQkYky

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The biggest problem I'm finding now is raiders eventually get tougher, and its pretty stark when it happens. 6 people all armed with basic weapons kills maybe one of them, then the other 2 or 3 run amuck as I try to switch weapons around desperately.

So going slow doesn't work, but going fast is a bad idea because you can outstrip your population's needs so quickly. Its annoying because a bunch of my friends have huge ant hill level vaults that they haven't experienced a single problem I've had, but the big difference is they seem to get way better lunchboxes and way more. 90% of the time I've got quests I can't complete. Equip a dweller with an assault rifle, train 5 dwellers strength, kill 40 animals in the wasteland are my 3 current quests. I have 17 people in my vault.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I've been enjoying the Dragonball Z - Dokkan Battle game. I wish there was a lite bit more puzzle to it, and the character pool is pretty goddamn limited, but it isn't a horrible way to kill a few minutes.
Same for One Piece - Treasure Cruise. It's Brave Frontier, but with characters from a show I like. Kinda funny though, my free Rare pull got me a guy who is literally too powerful for me to use, and that's even with a couple levelups under my belt.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Beef Hardcheese posted:

The gently caress? So all my efforts at training Dwellers' stats up to have them breed a race of all-10 SPECIAL uberkinder is all for nothing?

I guess if there was a reliable way to produce 10-in-everything babies it would basically trivialize the content in the same way 400 lunchboxes would.

twistedmentat posted:

The biggest problem I'm finding now is raiders eventually get tougher, and its pretty stark when it happens. 6 people all armed with basic weapons kills maybe one of them, then the other 2 or 3 run amuck as I try to switch weapons around desperately.

So going slow doesn't work, but going fast is a bad idea because you can outstrip your population's needs so quickly. Its annoying because a bunch of my friends have huge ant hill level vaults that they haven't experienced a single problem I've had, but the big difference is they seem to get way better lunchboxes and way more. 90% of the time I've got quests I can't complete. Equip a dweller with an assault rifle, train 5 dwellers strength, kill 40 animals in the wasteland are my 3 current quests. I have 17 people in my vault.

Huh, I've never had the problems you've had so it might just be bad luck? I send all my new dwellers out on a wasteland run, and one of them brought bàck a 14dmg Railway Rifle and a 7 dmg laser pistol and with two extremely average dwellers posted at the door I kill 2/3 of raiders right then and there, and my next occupied room with 4 dwellers all armed with scoped .34 kills the next very quickly.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What's the benefit to having a dweller assigned to the storage room? No rats?
Storage rooms are almost entirely useless until you have such a vault running that you've got people bringing in more weapons and armor than ANYBODY can use.

So basically, build 1 sq of storage, and then forget about it even existing and you'll probably never get held up by it.

edit: to be clear, storage for actual resources is dealt with by the number of rooms of that type you have active, and what upgrade level they're at - no matter how many storage rooms you make you will never see your food limit go up by even a single point.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Just in time for the release of a certain port that's out on another mobile platform, there's a Final Fantasy Portal companion app out. Since companion apps are typically pretty boring Square Enix has added a few in-app games including a version of Final Fantasy 8's Triple Triad and a free copy of Final Fantasy I.

edit: in other Square Enix news, Hitman: Sniper is on sale for the first time.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Aug 20, 2015

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

Just in time for the release of a certain port that's out on another mobile platform, there's a Final Fantasy Portal companion app out. Since companion apps are typically pretty boring Square Enix has added a few in-app games including a version of Final Fantasy 8's Triple Triad and a free copy of Final Fantasy I.

From the description I thought this would be the 8-bit style classic FF, but it looks to be one of the phone remakes/ports.

Not that I'm complaining, mind.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Triple triad is awesome, it has the right music and everything. Hopefully it doesnt end up with all the stupid rules it could get in FFVIII.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

the_steve posted:

I've been enjoying the Dragonball Z - Dokkan Battle game. I wish there was a lite bit more puzzle to it, and the character pool is pretty goddamn limited, but it isn't a horrible way to kill a few minutes.
Same for One Piece - Treasure Cruise. It's Brave Frontier, but with characters from a show I like. Kinda funny though, my free Rare pull got me a guy who is literally too powerful for me to use, and that's even with a couple levelups under my belt.

We have a pretty active little community here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3732619&pagenumber=1

It was made for all gacha games but transformed into a Dokkan Battle thread pretty quickly. Personally, I'm loving the gently caress out of Dokkan Battle, but between Battle of Gods, Revival of F, Xenoverse, Super, and Kai blurays going on sale, I'm at peak DBZ nostalgia levels right now.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

App is kinda light on content though. You can spend points (which you earn very slowly, five daily logins to get enough for a single wallpaper) on half a dozen wallpapers, triple triad cards, and... that's it, really. They don't even have all of the wallpapers that were featured on the store page.

The 'item code' section makes me wonder if you can get FF14 or FFRK stuff from the companion app in the future, though.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Fallout Shelter is kind of annoying. Not the game itself, but the fact that in nearly every aspect, it's almost great. The variety of objectives, the control scheme, the flavor text, the UI and management screens, the upgrade progression, the ability to choose whether to babysit it vs. ignore it, the resource management; if even a couple of these things were more developed, it would be a great game. But it's just kind of mediocre, and since it's a side project for Bethesda I'm not sure how much they're going to improve it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So according to goons, the best thing they could have done for Fallout Shelter is not have made it in the first place?

I'm still having fun with it. It isn't my primary game, it is an idle/background thing. I don't see how it's really functionally any different than any other side-view structure building simulator.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Every time I send someone out to the wasteland, I just want to be controlling that person, on my own while someone else manages the vault.

And believe me, if I was actually moment-to-moment fighting those raiders, they wouldn't make it past the first room :clint:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Every time I send someone out to the wasteland, I just want to be controlling that person

I have good news for you...

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Every time I send someone out to the wasteland, I just want to be controlling that person, on my own while someone else manages the vault.

You can do this in This War Of Mine, which is a game I feel definitely shares some similarities with Fallout Shelter.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Aug 20, 2015

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

New Leaf posted:

So according to goons, the best thing they could have done for Fallout Shelter is not have made it in the first place?

I'm still having fun with it. It isn't my primary game, it is an idle/background thing. I don't see how it's really functionally any different than any other side-view structure building simulator.

I enjoyed it for the moment but it got dry pretty quick.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Malek posted:

I enjoyed it for the moment but it got dry pretty quick.

Just like your mum. :v:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

wall monitor posted:

From the description I thought this would be the 8-bit style classic FF, but it looks to be one of the phone remakes/ports.

Not that I'm complaining, mind.

In making my party I discovered that this game doesn't have blackbelts. Okay.....

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Wendell posted:

In making my party I discovered that this game doesn't have blackbelts. Okay.....

That's the upgraded version of the Monk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Okay, if you want to be pedantic then the game doesn't have monks. Geez.