Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Wendell posted:

Okay, if you want to be pedantic then the game doesn't have monks. Geez.

Yes it does. Tap the character you want to replace with a Monk, and there's your Monk.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Aug 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Oh, okay. It was just scrolling through the four pre-created characters when I hit the arrows, not all the available classes. Thank you!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Wendell posted:

Oh, okay. It was just scrolling through the four pre-created characters when I hit the arrows, not all the available classes. Thank you!

You're welcome. Now go make an All-Monk team, and punch everything to death! :black101:

(I'm sure I'm bad/wrong/etc. for playing it this way, but my team is always Fighter/Monk/White Mage/Black Mage)

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Wendell posted:

Okay, if you want to be pedantic then the game doesn't have monks. Geez.

But... It does? Click the character and it lets you choose.

It's worth nothing that it won't be free forever, and apparently, if you delete it on Android, you may have to pay for it if you want it back and they are charging for it.

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...
Aaaaand, I've just found my new obsession: The Guides. It's a puzzle game consisting of harder and harder word puzzles, logic problems and codes you decipher to reveal the story. It's quite challenging, but not impossible. Definitely a great game if you like word games, code-breaking, etc. Plus, it's only a buck. There's a companion guide that's also a buck, and it purports to be a graphic novel that fleshes out the story and gives hints, but so far I've been able to do without it. Might pick it up though, just for the aesthetic value.

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011

tonytheshoes posted:

Aaaaand, I've just found my new obsession: The Guides. It's a puzzle game consisting of harder and harder word puzzles, logic problems and codes you decipher to reveal the story. It's quite challenging, but not impossible. Definitely a great game if you like word games, code-breaking, etc. Plus, it's only a buck. There's a companion guide that's also a buck, and it purports to be a graphic novel that fleshes out the story and gives hints, but so far I've been able to do without it. Might pick it up though, just for the aesthetic value.

Got this game. It is pretty sweet though, really does make you think outside the box. Some of it is straight forward. In my opinion it is worth the buck.

Do you have a link to the companion guide?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So I start yet another vault, and my first two lunchboxes give me Sarah Lyons and Eulogy Jones. Okay then.

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...

Zander13 posted:

Got this game. It is pretty sweet though, really does make you think outside the box. Some of it is straight forward. In my opinion it is worth the buck.

Do you have a link to the companion guide?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kevinbradford.games.theguidescompendium

I haven't really had a chance to do much with it yet, though, so I don't know how useful or spoilery it is--I hope it doesn't give away too much, though.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

FadedReality posted:

Yeah I mean it's a fun little tiny Tower type thing but when you "hack" it to give you hundreds of the gameplay shortcuts it literally removes all of the gameplay. Other than the main loop of attracting dwellers and sending them out there's what, waiting for raiders? With the 400 lunchboxes containing every resource, dwellers, weapons, and caps, it kind of replaced the actual gameplay which feels kinda gross because it's not "pay to win" it's "pay to replace playing at all".
I dunno, why would anybody hack a tiny towers clone and then bitch about how not-fun it is to sit and watch resource bars fill up and never know what actual adversity might have occurred if they'd actually played the game? I'd love to know the reasoning. :allears:

New Leaf posted:

So according to goons, the best thing they could have done for Fallout Shelter is not have made it in the first place?

I'm still having fun with it. It isn't my primary game, it is an idle/background thing. I don't see how it's really functionally any different than any other side-view structure building simulator.
I've found that once you get a balance going, it's actually more challenging and engrossing to play the game for long periods of time, because you have way more raiders and stuff, as well as your resource levels fluctuating all the time.. So I guess if your entire goal is to "win" and by "win" you mean "have my vault be self-sustaining and then never have to play again," just make a 2-wide room of each type available at the beginning, upgrade them once and fill them with 4 people each, and then just hit the Home button and you've won.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 20, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm not having any trouble with it whatsoever. I'm not playing it a ton, but I've got 30 dwellers, everything seems pretty self-sustaining. I can fight off any raider or radroach attacks. I don't see how everyone is having such an issue

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

New Leaf posted:

I'm not having any trouble with it whatsoever. I'm not playing it a ton, but I've got 30 dwellers, everything seems pretty self-sustaining. I can fight off any raider or radroach attacks. I don't see how everyone is having such an issue

Yeah, this is me, too. That being said, I'm pretty much done with the game.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
I thought Fallout Shelter was good at first but I was just starting. It's actually boring in a way that makes me angry that it's so boring.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

What makes it awful is plain and simple.
It requires too much babysitting to be an idle game.. and it's too boring to be an active game. Maybe if rushing had a mini game, or if there was more activity or the timers were longer so you could idle it.

Basically it's poo poo because it's not good at anything.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Forget the mega lunchbox save file... One Mr. Handy working my resource floor completely broke the game for me. I essentially paid a dollar to not play the game.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
The Guides is great. Anyone have any thoughts on 01.16? I tried the shift cypher from the previous puzzle, even tried shifting multiple times, but no dice. I also don't understand the hint that's given to you at the bottom.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I was enjoying Fallout Shelter until I had three deathclaw attacks in the span of an hour, eliminating all the caps I had in reserve and leaving me with 33 corpaes by the time the third attack finished. It's utter horseshit. I'm too worried about sending anyone out now or broadcasting in case another attack comes and, again, wipes out my entire base. What a loving stupid idea.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

New Leaf posted:

Like I literally just said - the more you leave it hands-off, the easier (and more boring) it is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

coyo7e posted:

Like I literally just said - the more you leave it hands-off, the easier (and more boring) it is.

Yea, the other nights I've been leaving it on while I play something else, and tapping when stuff pops up, but today, just leaving it for periods of time. Mostly because I got Eugley Jones who's been on an 8 hour wasteland run and has like 10 weapons and outfits.

Are there any building games on android? I was always hard pressed to find something that was like civilization style that didn't have a multiplayer content. Stupid DomiNations. Weirdly, when i switched to Android, I was able to recover my save in Forge of Empires, but that game is slow as hell.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 21, 2015

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Montalvo posted:

The Guides is great. Anyone have any thoughts on 01.16? I tried the shift cypher from the previous puzzle, even tried shifting multiple times, but no dice. I also don't understand the hint that's given to you at the bottom.

You're on the right track, you just have to count something to shift with :)

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Morpheus posted:

I was enjoying Fallout Shelter until I had three deathclaw attacks in the span of an hour, eliminating all the caps I had in reserve and leaving me with 33 corpaes by the time the third attack finished. It's utter horseshit. I'm too worried about sending anyone out now or broadcasting in case another attack comes and, again, wipes out my entire base. What a loving stupid idea.

The moment I read deathclaw attacks happen once you build a broadcasting room I've studiously avoided building it until I have everything else and my scavengers have gotten me a warehouse full of plasma rifles.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, the other nights I've been leaving it on while I play something else, and tapping when stuff pops up, but today, just leaving it for periods of time. Mostly because I got Eugley Jones who's been on an 8 hour wasteland run and has like 10 weapons and outfits.

Are there any building games on android? I was always hard pressed to find something that was like civilization style that didn't have a multiplayer content. Stupid DomiNations. Weirdly, when i switched to Android, I was able to recover my save in Forge of Empires, but that game is slow as hell.
Sorry, my post was way more :spergin: :black101: than I intended. My bad.

I've found though that this game really does put back what you give in - if you log in every 12 hours with a decent base, it's a pretty cut and dried tiny towers clone. If you play it for 2 or 3 hours straight though while trying to shuffle around rooms to optimize layouts and make invasions from raiders, deathclaws and radroaches less nasty though, it gets rather engrossing - especially if you zoom into rooms now an then and watch the dialogues. It's really shockingly "Fallout" to a high level of quality and skill and faithfulness to the franchise, which I also really dig and respect (as the guy who rocked the Fallout 3 thread for the two or three years leading up to and after it was released, and an uber-hardcore fallout NMA-style :spergin: lord )

And yeah, geting one guy with a like really nice P and L score and sending them out heavily-armed and rigged for half a day can be really stressful when you've only got maybe 4 guns total in your shelter, for 20+ survivors, and he just picked up a rusty .44 but you know he will probably find more if you let him explore for another 3 hours and then hit recall and wait 3 hours for him to get back..! :downsgun:

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Aug 21, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Antti posted:

The moment I read deathclaw attacks happen once you build a broadcasting room I've studiously avoided building it until I have everything else and my scavengers have gotten me a warehouse full of plasma rifles.

Conversely, I made my broadcast room my first line of defense since generally that is the one room I'd leave fully staffed at all times. I have an army of women in lingerie with sawed off shotguns defending my base from raiders.

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011

tonytheshoes posted:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kevinbradford.games.theguidescompendium

I haven't really had a chance to do much with it yet, though, so I don't know how useful or spoilery it is--I hope it doesn't give away too much, though.

Thanks. I downloaded it. It basically gives a giant backstory. Has a few puzzles in it as well. So far it didn't help in guiding in chapter one.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Daztek posted:

You're on the right track, you just have to count something to shift with :)

Got it, thanks! Now I need to figure out 01.23...

e: nvm i'm an idiot

Montalvo fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 21, 2015

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011

Montalvo posted:

Got it, thanks! Now I need to figure out 01.23...

e: nvm i'm an idiot

Chapter 2 gets fun. You don't get that hint at the bottom.

Edit: it comes back later...

Zander13 fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 21, 2015

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Beta is over and we have published the game. We tried to implement most of the suggestions and fix all the bugs. A hearty thank you to everyone who participated in the beta and sent us feedback!

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

So I'm new to android devices, and i'm not sure if the problem is related to the app I'm using or something I've changed on the device, but heres whats up, I'm using that Final Fantasy portal app for the triple triad, and after creating a square enix account, my avatar is a picture of myself. It seems to have pulled the picture from my personal google account, rather than the one I use for gaming and such, but I'm not seeing anywhere I can tell the app to use the other account. Help?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Hob_Gadling posted:

Beta is over and we have published the game. We tried to implement most of the suggestions and fix all the bugs. A hearty thank you to everyone who participated in the beta and sent us feedback!

Interesting.. what's the game kind sir/lady?

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

tater_salad posted:

Interesting.. what's the game kind sir/lady?

Chess Hack, a mix of chess and roguelikes (or stealth, as someone mentioned).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kakku.chesshack&ah=3frrADlxurkG_8d0CkDIs5FOkHY

pappawurm
Feb 9, 2014
Just started playing Hay Day and noticed they have "neighborhoods". Seems like its the same thing as a Clans from Clash of Clans. Anyone playing Hay Day or do we have any "neighborhoods" created?

Kid
Jun 18, 2004

Gotcha
So I got Bloons Tower Defense 5 when Amazon had it for free a few days ago. I signed into Amazon's Whispersync feature, but my saved game is not transferring between my phone/tablet. Anyone know how to get this to sync through Amazon? or does the Play store version sync correctly?

I don't want to put much time in the game if I am going to have to start over to get it working.

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

Does Final Fantasy Tactics lag really bad and/or crash for a lot of you? I've got a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and the poor thing gets hot enough to fry bacon unless I completely purge all of the RAM and run it in Clean Master game boost mode. And then it still lags! I tried putting it in Bluestacks but like most games it just completely shits a brick.

somebody want to field this one? :ohdear:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Are there any OK empire builders out there? Dead walk, game of war, type build up your base, attack other players, manage resources, that sort of thing.

Doesn't need to be brilliant.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Frogmanv2 posted:

Are there any OK empire builders out there? Dead walk, game of war, type build up your base, attack other players, manage resources, that sort of thing.

Literally check the top grossing list on the Play Store and you will see a lot.

I personally like Siegefall, it's a bit crashy but pretty good.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

coyo7e posted:

I dunno, why would anybody hack a tiny towers clone and then bitch about how not-fun it is to sit and watch resource bars fill up and never know what actual adversity might have occurred if they'd actually played the game? I'd love to know the reasoning. :allears:

I played it almost exclusively any time I had free from the moment it hit Android until two days later when I made that post. My main takeaway after ~7 hours sunk into my vault was how obnoxious it is that it notifies you literally as you close it that you should come back and collect this water and that power. It's watching timers tick down so you can fill a bar for a quest that gives you a lunchbox which might have a thing that helps with the timers and the bars.

I grabbed the save after this as I wanted to see how it felt to have $400 worth of IAP and turns out it removes the waiting, which is all there is. Like others have said, too much babysitting to be a good TT clone, not enough to do to be a clicker. Just feels bland and IAP taking even the thing that makes you an active participant? Not for me.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Can someone tell me if I'm wasting my time in The Guides 2.11 by looking in 2.8 for the solution. The important hint with an arrow pointing back is what led me there but I'm still coming up empty handed. I have an idea of the xs and os referring to word length but I'm not finding a sequence of words that fit in 2.8 or 2.11.

I'm getting the feeling I might really be over thinking this.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Atomicated posted:

Can someone tell me if I'm wasting my time in The Guides 2.11 by looking in 2.8 for the solution. The important hint with an arrow pointing back is what led me there but I'm still coming up empty handed. I have an idea of the xs and os referring to word length but I'm not finding a sequence of words that fit in 2.8 or 2.11.

I'm getting the feeling I might really be over thinking this.

When you do 2.10 it shows you letters when you do the sequence.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Well I couldn't have been further off the mark. Thanks.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Frogmanv2 posted:

Clash of Clans is probably still the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

And Star Wars Commander is real good too.