Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
liz had no good choices on that show. I'd ship the balding guy to get a divorce and date liz before anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EccoRaven posted:

none of you know my brand get off my label goshhhhh

Ecco is from farmers, not ranchers PMom.

Pretty insensitive IMO.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

when you think about it all male sexuality is a reinforcement of patriarchy

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry Ecco you don't have a brand until I can find you on the first page of google

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

just like in seinfeld, nobody in 30 rock deserves happiness

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

just like in seinfeld, nobody in 30 rock deserves happiness

you don't think anyone deserves happiness

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

liz had no good choices on that show. I'd ship the balding guy to get a divorce and date liz before anyone else.

I ranked liz's boyfriends once for a listicle and I concluded it was Carol (Damon) followed by Drew (Hamm who is very dreamy).

Kriss is whatever.

Every time I see Dennis's actor in a thing I always think of him going "sorry I ruined you for other men with my sexual charisma." It was probably the most distracting thing about John Wick.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

true but as in most things I use certain benchmarks for practicality

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

Every time I see Dennis's actor in a thing I always think of him going "sorry I ruined you for other men with my sexual charisma." It was probably the most distracting thing about John Wick.

He's a direct continuation of his character in Oz

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

I think he's an incredibly funny actor. He's great in Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
He's a great actor. Like taste mentioned he was a main character in oz and played a similar character in that HBO show

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I never watched Oz but I also think he's funny it's just distracting since I can't not hear him as dennis, that's all.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

EccoRaven posted:

there is an episode of the simpsons on right now and I was like "what season was this from, 13?" and then I pressed "info" and it was.

this has been a cool story from ecco, you read it you cannot unread it.

also here is a Simpsons opinion (Simpsinion):
we all agree season 9 or 10 is when it started going really bad (I am in the 10 crowd, others say 9, a few say 8 but they are probably crazy). but really it didn't get bad, just, a consistently A-quality show became a consistently B-quality, and that's a big drop. By like, I dunno maybe season 14 or 15 it was a consistently C-quality, and it's been pretty much there since then. there was a brief resurgence in quality shortly after the movie but it's back to C-stuff and probably will be even lower in the future.

it'll be weird when it's not on the air though since I have been watching it every sunday at 8 on Fox for pretty much my entire life. random episodes punctuate my memory and bring back thoughts and feelings like songs or smells for normal people.

I stopped watching after season 7. I honestly can't believe it's even still going. Simpsons started when I was in high school.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The one where Bart, Milhouse and Martin pitch in to buy radioactive man 1 was on last night. The show has changed so much.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
If you ever get a chance, get the DVDs and listen to the commentary for The Simpsons. They are fantastic. I have seasons 1-12 on DVD.

Also in unrelated news I made a fun Left4Dead setup that I'm going to run when things slow down a little bit.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Asssssna If your setup doesn't include losing 4/5 of the game intentionally, then on the last map loading in first and switching teams and kicking their slow loads then your game setup is wrong.

L4d was the best griefing game

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Once upon a time my friends and I were really good at L4D. Like, REALLY good. We could have been competitive if we wanted. We'd regularly do expert campaigns in about 20-25 minutes.

Instead of taking it seriously though we just trolled pubbies and each other.

Every game for versus was Race 4 Dead. If you fell behind, you were left behind. We'd have to give them a false sense of hope or the pubbies would all leave, so we'd let them win almost the entire round and then murder them all right outside the saferoom.

My favourite finale was No Mercy where you would do Laps 4 Dead and everyone would run around the perimeter of the building. Nobody was allowed on the helicopter until everyone else was dead.

Campaigns were fun too. Every new round the first person to spawn in would brutally murder everyone else, steal all the health packs, and make a run for it. You shoot every alarm car as you run by if you are in first place in the race to slow everyone down, and then of course while they're fighting off the horde you use all the health packs in the safe room. Anyone who dared to pick up the grenade laucnher aka the friendly fire launcher was immediately gunned down as punishment. Also of course repeatedly opening and closing the safe room door when someone is getting chased by a horde and a bunch of special infected is completely necessary.

We had a whole lot of fun with those games.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Video Games are poo poo

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I loved L4D but yeah I never played above normal because our friends would just troll each other constantly.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh also sometimes if we could manage it we'd play versus on my friend's private server and the game would be going normally and then suddenly in the elevator of No Mercy you're playing DODGE THE MINIGUN! My friend would spawn a whole bunch of miniguns in the elevator shaft, and if you touched one you would fall through the floor and die, so you'd all have to look through that tiny access hatch and try to dodge a labyrinth of miniguns as they came flying at you. We basically turned it into a first person bullet hell.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

I loved L4D but yeah I never played above normal because our friends would just troll each other constantly.

When you take it seriously, expert is actually a lot of fun in a non-trolling way. It requires a huge amount of teamwork and game knowledge, but it's not impossible by any stretch.

Common infected do 20 damage per hit and there are no health packs ever outside of safe rooms, so you can't afford to get hit even once. Witches 1-shot you and even doing the full autoshotgun with one gun may not kill her in time. Tanks 1-shot you as well. If you stop for too long you will get pinned down and completely overwhelmed but if you move too fast you'll spawn too many zombies at once and get overwhelmed as well. You need to keep a good pace while knowing when to hunker down in a corner together to ride out a horde. Knowing the safest places to hide in each area is key. Also having a variety of weapons and how to make a good formation for maximum safety.

Asiina fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Aug 20, 2015

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Magnus Gallant posted:

Is it possible to get a spider stuck in another spiders nest?

I think so. At the same time spider's are pretty independent so this most likely wouldn't happen. Though when they mate they have to join up somehow so maybe not. On the other hand the females will eat the tiny males so possibly? It really depends on it is this spin their webs and know themselves where to step. I saw a tiny spider the other day who caught a large wasp. I was pretty impressed. As long as the web didn't get destroyed by weather or whatever, I'm sure the little spider would never run out of food until it died. Then again I don't know what a spider's life-span is.

Asiina posted:

If you ever get a chance, get the DVDs and listen to the commentary for The Simpsons. They are fantastic. I have seasons 1-12 on DVD.

Agreed. You learn so much about the show, animation, and comedy it's great. I like the Zombie Simpsons theory with the show ending at the Behind the Music episode.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Also, to any of you that listen to podcasts what's a good app for smartphones? I've begun listening to one on the History of the English language that is pretty amazing. I'd love to find one on history of music any genre but mainly hip-hop since I've finally begun to listen to more hip-hop and I have on idea where to begin (I've done the Kanye discography, Fugees's and solo material, and now I'm listening to Outkast and they're AMAZING). That or something on nature/animals would be pretty cool.

It's raining HARD today. So I guess I don't have to water the plants.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

I miss capps :(

Good point, where is capps?

And Hurt.

And 8bux.

And Poque.

:(

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
its okay they'll all come back for Civ 3.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I got home today and my dog had dug a hole under the fence and escaped. It's like my worst nightmare, coming home to no dog.

Luckily he was found trying to play on the main road (!!!!) near my house so I was able to go pick him up from his rescuer.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Glad you found him and more importantly that he was safe.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Also, to any of you that listen to podcasts what's a good app for smartphones? I've begun listening to one on the History of the English language that is pretty amazing. I'd love to find one on history of music any genre but mainly hip-hop since I've finally begun to listen to more hip-hop and I have on idea where to begin (I've done the Kanye discography, Fugees's and solo material, and now I'm listening to Outkast and they're AMAZING). That or something on nature/animals would be pretty cool.

It's raining HARD today. So I guess I don't have to water the plants.

I use Pocket Casts. It costs money but is fantastic on both iPhone and Android.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hello mafia thread, if you want to casually talk about football, I am your man. Unlike tremendous taste, I don't think football is pain (he is a Bills fan so pardon his affliction)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The proest podcast app is Overcast. Free for the basic features, 5$ to unlock smart speed and voice boost (which are both fantastic).

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Y'all, after getting the emotional poo poo kicked out of me over the couple months following my leaving the theatre I used to work with, the biggest audition of my life just fell into my lap. I have six hours before meeting the director and I'm flipping out a little.

It's a cold read, kind of, but they sent me the script in advance, so I can check out the basic tone. I also need to write up my theatre resume, which is something I've never done before (because I've pretty much always auditioned for people who have done a dozen plays with me already).

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Hello mafia thread, if you want to casually talk about football, I am your man. Unlike tremendous taste, I don't think football is pain (he is a Bills fan so pardon his affliction)

My favorite football is anime, and my favorite team is family guy.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Arigato, Kawaii potato.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Kelvin Benjamin's acl was torn. Panthers are dead

@LUTR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjVmeKWOsEU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Keane you should get a family guy avatar because you love family guy so much.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Look Under The Rock posted:

Y'all, after getting the emotional poo poo kicked out of me over the couple months following my leaving the theatre I used to work with, the biggest audition of my life just fell into my lap. I have six hours before meeting the director and I'm flipping out a little.

It's a cold read, kind of, but they sent me the script in advance, so I can check out the basic tone. I also need to write up my theatre resume, which is something I've never done before (because I've pretty much always auditioned for people who have done a dozen plays with me already).

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

You'll be fine! That's really exciting and I'm sure it'll go down well. It's great when things fall into laps. I like chance like that. That's pretty much how most of my life has gone down.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

Keane you should get a family guy avatar because you love family guy so much.

Homer, Bart, or Elisa?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Magnus Gallant posted:

Kelvin Benjamin's acl was torn. Panthers are dead

It's not that they're dead, it's that Ted Ginn Jr is going to be your #1 receiving threat until Funchess gets healthy. Of course, there's always the possibility they try to make a trade for a wideout. Percy Harvin on the Bills comes to mind but there are guys like Wes Welker, Reggie Wayne, Donnie Avery and Brandon Lloyd out there. If any of them are up to playing another year, that could help tremendously. The problem is you guys need a deep threat rather than a receiver so to speak. That's what you need Funchess for. Until then, it's probably going to be a running and short passing team which WILL limit you guys especially with your main RB being loving Jon Stewart.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oh I have a football question! If I'm from southwestern Connecticut which franchise should I support: Patriots, Giants, Jets, or even Bills because I guess they're a state over? I need an answer when asked over here in football-land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It's a shame, too, because I really like the Panthers as a good team going forward. You guys are just neglecting Cam something fierce and its going to hold you back.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Oh I have a football question! If I'm from southwestern Connecticut which franchise should I support: Patriots, Giants, Jets, or even Bills because I guess they're a state over? I need an answer when asked over here in football-land.

Okay, NO to the Bills and Jets. I do this for your health. If you weren't previously a football fan, I'd say the Giants because they're significantly less evil. You will hear a lot about the Patriots, though.