Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

i got 40 bucks in apple dividends this week

A+ would invest again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

born on a buy you posted:

don't quote stymie you fake Luddite human being

fake-luddite human being or fake luddite-human being

Luigi Thirty posted:

A+ would invest again

nice man you can get a thunderbolt cable now

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i dropped a bunch of tools on my iphone 5s and smashed it. got shiny new one same day works great thanks tim

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

you should put a case on it this time

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Triglav posted:

nice man you can get a thunderbolt cable now

well it was supposed to automatically reinvest the dividend (so i get $40 in a partial share with no commission) but i switched accounts so it just dumped it in my investment account

i'll just move it to my checking account and buy METAL GEAR SOLID THE PHANTOM PAIN with it on timb's dime

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Apple is still cheap and u should definitely reinvest dividends

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

bobbilljim posted:

the iphone button is bad and teh android buttons are bad. having a back button is really good... except that android devs cant be trusted with it so the UX gets kind of hosed anyway

iOS has a software back button now and it's exactly where it should be, in the upper left hand corner. and it only shows up when it's supposed to.

Luigi Thirty posted:

A+ would invest again

hello 76 share haver

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

cremnob posted:

i know and i'm going to, i forgot to turn it back on :v:

it dumped $15 in the last month or so because some morons are afraid of china

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

hello 76 share haver

ACQUIRED 03/15/05
70@6.01 (+1830.60%)

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

:stare:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Luigi Thirty posted:

ACQUIRED 03/15/05
70@6.01 (+1830.60%)

vary naice!

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

cremnob posted:

where's applecoin on coinbase

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Triglav posted:

where's applecoin on coinbase

automatically reinvesting tiny dividends like this is usually a good idea because you are able to purchase a partial share with no commission charged

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

i swapped most my holdings for indexes

now i own everything :mmmhmm:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i life that the microsoft thread derails into gif chat and the apple thread derails into investment chat

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Triglav posted:

i swapped most my holdings for indexes

now i own everything :mmmhmm:

same :grin:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I swapped my holdings for cash. I'm rich, biotch (c) 2004 Dave Chapelle

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

PleasureKevin posted:

i life that the microsoft thread derails into gif chat and the apple thread derails into investment chat

Microsoft derails into video game chat because it's for kids. android derails into bad life decisions.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

the only good life decision on this site is logging out

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

The Management posted:

Microsoft derails into video game chat because it's for kids. android derails into bad life decisions.

"derails"

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
Idg the problem with iphone back swipes b/c there are some apps that are bad and lovely and don't work proper with it, but there are also a million apps for everything so just don't use lovely apps. swipe to go back erryday

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I plug a USB yrackball into my phone and use opera gestures to navigate.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

ZShakespeare posted:

Idg the problem with iphone back swipes b/c there are some apps that are bad and lovely and don't work proper with it, but there are also a million apps for everything so just don't use lovely apps. swipe to go back erryday

yeah this, meanwhile android back button is always there even when not needed or appropriate so you better hope the developer of the buggy app you just got dumped into implemented it properly

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
is the apple watch good yet

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

no

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

oh also android back button isn't a button but a touch target millimeters away from the edge of the phone so be careful not to put your finger on it by accident

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

ZShakespeare posted:

so just don't use lovely apps.

oh my god is it this bad, is this what things have come to? blaming the individual apps and users when the whole advantage was supposed to be a detail-oriented and well-tailored ecosystem?

but honestly swipe to go back works for me except in a few apps that use it to reveal a drawer, and in many of those cases there is no use for a back button, such as a chat app that has a single column of messages.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

PleasureKevin posted:

but honestly swipe to go back works for me except in a few apps that use it to reveal a drawer

so basically lovely google apps and i think fitocracy?

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

PleasureKevin posted:

oh my god is it this bad, is this what things have come to? blaming the individual apps and users when the whole advantage was supposed to be a detail-oriented and well-tailored ecosystem?

but honestly swipe to go back works for me except in a few apps that use it to reveal a drawer, and in many of those cases there is no use for a back button, such as a chat app that has a single column of messages.

lol even the lovely iOS apps are brilliant fragrant turds compared to the toxic dumpster fire hellstew of andorid

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

the solution is to start dragging from off the side of the screen but sometimes i dont because im an idiot and instead mark an email as unread

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Triglav posted:

the solution is to start dragging from off the side of the screen but sometimes i dont because im an idiot and instead mark an email as unread

oh i didn't realize anyone had this problem. maybe use the official apple case and yeah start dragging from basically touch the case and drag from there.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Kirk posted:

is the apple watch good yet

lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/bellis1000/status/634125587867660289/video/1

:captainpop:

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
I'm the two clocks with different times

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

lets not forget the clock.app's icon

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Triglav posted:

lets not forget the clock.app's icon

i don't think it was dynamic in iOS 4

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Millstone posted:

I'm the two clocks with different times

so i'm guessing its an app that makes it look like ios 4

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

my guess is it's an animation and he's just miming the actions, that's why the first time he taps the screen it does nothing

it just conveniently looks like lag in the UI

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
apple music categorizes seventh son of a seventh son by iron maiden as "pop" for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
also for some reason apple music suggested it for me even though all i've listened to with apple music so far is indie poo poo like spoon

• Locked thread