Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Holy hell, in an ESPN auction draft at the moment, and LeSean McCoy is listed at $48 still, Kelvin Benjamin is at $30, Arian Foster is at $3. Woe be to those who do not know about injuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Doltos posted:

Pick 2 out of the 3: Calvin Johnson, A.J. Green, Jordie Nelson

I'm leaning towards Megatron and Green but I feel like Nelson and Green.
Nelson easy, then coinflip between Green and Megatron.

Nelson has by far the best team/QB, didn't hurt for looks last year, is dependable, and has both a high floor and high ceiling.

Out of the other two, I think Megatron by a little bit, but I can see arguments for either honestly.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Guys, I want to get this in now, so no panicking. My league just went keeper, 3 keepers, TD passes are worth 6 pts. Draft order is Yahoo and we know 15 minutes in advance. Gun to my head, how early is TOO early for Luck. Considering him 1.1 if you don't advise different, him or Bell, no PPR, BUT, we do start basically if you can do it right 4 rbs and 3 wrs in a 12 team league. Bell's suspension is minute in context of a keeper league, so him or Luck basically, right?!

e; 2 wr/rb flex 1 wr/te flex

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 20, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Michael Corleone posted:

Guys, I want to get this in now, so no panicking. My league just went keeper, 3 keepers, TD passes are worth 6 pts. Draft order is Yahoo and we know 15 minutes in advance. Gun to my head, how early is TOO early for Luck. Considering him 1.1 if you don't advise different, him or Bell, no PPR, BUT, we do start basically if you can do it right 4 rbs and 3 wrs in a 12 team league. Bell's suspension is minute in context of a keeper league, so him or Luck basically, right?!

No complaints here.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Michael Corleone posted:

You start too many RBs and WRs to use the 1.01 on Luck, IMO, but it is super close so I wouldn't fault you much. However, Rodgers should be before Luck. He's only 31 so has plenty of years left, and he has an approximately 0% chance of not being a top 2 QB compared to Luck's possible range of finishes from like QB#1 to QB#5 maybe. Rodgers is safer, no lower upside, and basically as much longevity as Luck (unless you're super sure this league will be going for 5+ years and you won't have a better keeper to keep than your QB sometime in the next 5 years). I'd still strongly consider Bell, but he doesn't offer the same long term safe upside as either QB, though he's got a big advantage in the short run. If full PPR, Brown should be an option too.

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Doing an auction draft for the first time on Saturday. Any suggested resources? Should I research the top x players in every position and try to establish some sort of value to them and go in with that?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Thwomp posted:

Guy literally just selected him as a keeper for this season for a 4th round pick this past Saturday. Man, that must hurt.

I can't even....

Commish decided to let the owner out of his pick. This despite some other moronic owner in our league spending a 2nd round pick on keeping Pierre Thomas (:wtf: in its own right). gently caress me.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

madkapitolist posted:

Doing an auction draft for the first time on Saturday. Any suggested resources? Should I research the top x players in every position and try to establish some sort of value to them and go in with that?

Use the beersheet to see what price each player should be going around. That will be a start at least. Don't use it as a concrete guide, you can pay a few bucks over if you really want someone, as well as pass on a player you don't particularly like even if he's going a few bucks below his market value.

Advice needed

I'm doing a $50 MFL draft only (best ball) draft at the moment. My first 3 picks were Lacy, Cobb, & Ingram. I'm at a loss at who to pick next.

Here are my options:

Wilson
Gurley
Edelman
Tate
Watkins
Manning
Spiller
A. Johnson
Yeldon
Reothlisberger
Olsen
Bryant
Brees
Newton
Stewart
Robinson
Maclin
Marshall
Ryan
Bernard
D. Jackson
Bennett

I also pick again 5 picks after this. What do I do? I'm leaning Tate or Edelman even though I want a RB. Advice?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

This Kelvin thing is really bumming me out as a Cam Newton owner.

I have Funchess but also Greg Olsen. Let's say Funchess somehow is able to step up big time and produce like Kelvin did last year: Do I have to move him or Olsen? That would be three Panthers in my lineup and I feel Olsen/Funchess would steal points from each other...or is this just a myth?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ty1990 posted:

This Kelvin thing is really bumming me out as a Cam Newton owner.

I have Funchess but also Greg Olsen. Let's say Funchess somehow is able to step up big time and produce like Kelvin did last year: Do I have to move him or Olsen? That would be three Panthers in my lineup and I feel Olsen/Funchess would steal points from each other...or is this just a myth?

You play BPA and give no fucks otherwise.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You play BPA and give no fucks otherwise.

Fair enough.

shitbutt cockfag
Dec 19, 2004
Is this internet, or am I only dreaming?
Available for pickup:

LaFell
Sankey
Knile Davis
Quick
Royal

I'm looking at dropping Colston from my bench, who has the most potential out of these? I'm thinking LaFell personally, even though I don't need any more WRs. 10 team 0ppr

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I have a draft this weekend with 25 yard return yards=1 pt. Any players who are good returners as well as serviceable draft picks?

e: from what i can see: antonio brown, jarvis landry, golden tate... anyone else i should think about?

poly and open-minded fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Aug 20, 2015

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm just going into this draft not knowing what the gently caress I'm gonna do. Greg Olsen just got more valuable, right?

Got some wings for my draft party at my hizzie. What other finger food should I cook up?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Anyone know a site for good 2 qb or superflex mocks? Been using AI drafts like fantasy pros but the computer is taking way too many non qbs for my liking

Edit: forgot ff calculator nevermind

edit: 30 min wait in between 2 qb drafts??? The gently caress?

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Aug 20, 2015

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

RVProfootballer posted:

You start too many RBs and WRs to use the 1.01 on Luck, IMO, but it is super close so I wouldn't fault you much. However, Rodgers should be before Luck. He's only 31 so has plenty of years left, and he has an approximately 0% chance of not being a top 2 QB compared to Luck's possible range of finishes from like QB#1 to QB#5 maybe. Rodgers is safer, no lower upside, and basically as much longevity as Luck (unless you're super sure this league will be going for 5+ years and you won't have a better keeper to keep than your QB sometime in the next 5 years). I'd still strongly consider Bell, but he doesn't offer the same long term safe upside as either QB, though he's got a big advantage in the short run. If full PPR, Brown should be an option too.

Thanks. I was actually thinking taking Luck would put the squeeze on for Rodgers to get taken in the 1st and me to come around to a falling RB in the 2nd. But ya, Rodgers is a nice pick too, it really is just going to depend on what pick I get and who goes before me.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Michael Corleone posted:

Thanks. I was actually thinking taking Luck would put the squeeze on for Rodgers to get taken in the 1st and me to come around to a falling RB in the 2nd. But ya, Rodgers is a nice pick too, it really is just going to depend on what pick I get and who goes before me.

Luck and the colts have been overachievers for years with soft schedules. taking a loik at their sched this year and I would much rather have Rodgers

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

89 posted:

I'm just going into this draft not knowing what the gently caress I'm gonna do. Greg Olsen just got more valuable, right?

Got some wings for my draft party at my hizzie. What other finger food should I cook up?

You're in Philly or near it right? so you should be able to get a reasonably good 6 foot Italian sub with dipping sauce (no American sub. That shits boring and gross). I know you asked what to cook but everyone loves a 6 foot Italian sub.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TommyGun85 posted:

Luck and the colts have been overachievers for years with soft schedules. taking a loik at their sched this year and I would much rather have Rodgers

The afc south plays the nfc south that's 10 games of easy for the Colts

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

89 posted:

Cheese sticks w/ sauce, and some poo poo wrapped in bacon. Bagel dogs are good too.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

89 posted:

Couple pizzas. Not finger food, but they're cheap and you can put wings on em.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Why would you put a hot wing on your pizza? It seems inconvenient to try to eat around the bone.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

shitbutt cockfag posted:

Available for pickup:

LaFell
Sankey
Knile Davis
Quick
Royal

I'm looking at dropping Colston from my bench, who has the most potential out of these? I'm thinking LaFell personally, even though I don't need any more WRs. 10 team 0ppr

Definitely take Sankey until he proves himself ineffective again.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
I too am confused about the concept of wings on pizza...seems like you would be ruining both

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Zypher posted:

Definitely take Sankey until the line fucks him over again

Ftfy

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

RisqueBarber posted:

Why would you put a hot wing on your pizza? It seems inconvenient to try to eat around the bone.

TommyGun85 posted:

I too am confused about the concept of wings on pizza...seems like you would be ruining both

are you guys kidding me right now? do you live in a strange land where no place offers buffalo wing pizzas?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Varg posted:

are you guys kidding me right now? do you live in a strange land where no place offers buffalo wing pizzas?

That's not pizza, it's an abomination.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Varg posted:

Is that just a pizza with buffalo chicken on it, or actual wings? I'm down for buffalo chicken pizza but please no buffalo wing pizza.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Jesus, this thread can spiral into food talk at the drop of a hat.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

lol there's no bones in the wings, just the chicken and buffalo sauce on the pizza

You know you're all going to want to find one for dinner tonight now.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

That does sound pretty freaking good.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah that's not buffalo wing pizza its a pizza with some chicken on it.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
If someone served me pizza with actual chicken wings as a topping I would definitely stare at them uncomfortably.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
shut up just eat the pizza

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Jesus, this thread can spiral into food talk at the drop of a hat.

The pre-draft pre-season madness is always a wonderful time.

Fun question for everyone:

Imagine you're in a league where you have to declare keepers three weeks before the draft. Imagine a keeper like, say, Kelvin Benjamin, were to tear an ACL in practice (I know, totally unthinkable, but bear with me here) after he was declared a keeper but before the draft. Should the owner of that player be allowed to drop that keeper? They don't get to declare a new keeper, just get the pick back for a guy that will most likely be in a wheelchair for the next eight months.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Doltos posted:

shut up just eat the pizza

Tell us the strip club wings story again! :allears:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Gearman posted:

Imagine you're in a league where you have to declare keepers three weeks before the draft. Imagine a keeper like, say, Kelvin Benjamin, were to tear an ACL in practice (I know, totally unthinkable, but bear with me here) after he was declared a keeper but before the draft. Should the owner of that player be allowed to drop that keeper? They don't get to declare a new keeper, just get the pick back for a guy that will most likely be in a wheelchair for the next eight months.

Will he bring Buffalo Wing Pizza to the draft?

I say no since the league rules are that keepers are declared. Price you pay for declaring keepers that far ahead.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Gearman posted:

Seems you should be able to drop any player at any time, imo. If the rules say otherwise then no. Though that seems pretty harsh considering season ending injuries happen daily.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Gearman posted:

They should be able to drop that player and keep someone else IMO

There is enough dumb random bullshit to ruin someone's fantasy season that it shouldnt be over before it starts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

:siren:2 Goons Needed:siren:

Come on goons. I need two more for a MFL25 Draft Only (Best Ball) League. Someone has got to be interested. It's full of first timers, so if you know what you're doing you'll have a huge advantage. If you're new, you'll be on a level playing field.

I just want to get the league started... Please help me!

Post here or PM me if you want to join, or if you want info on Draft Only / Best Ball leagues.

• Locked thread