Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
didn't they change the way kids progress through 17-19 now? also regens don't even exist in 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the oilers will take Ryan Spooner, a natural center who has played (and struggled) at wing but I'll be putting him there anyway. i think his playmaking ability will go very nicely with teemu pulkkinen's on the other wing, they're both very creative with the puck and good at turning that creativity into chances for others

Alex Steen - Ryan Strome - Mats Zuccarello
David Pastrnak - Mathieu Perreault - P.A. Parenteau
Ryan Spooner - Riley Nash - Teemu Pulkkinen

Drew Doughty - Jake Muzzin
Jake Gardiner - Zbynek Michalek
Brendan Smith - x

Petr Mrazek

i like my forwards a lot now, i came in wanting to get a strong middle six and i think both of those lines are full of smart hockey dudes who have good vision in the offensive zone, and Pastrnak/Spooner/Pulkkinen are all capable of driving the offense

e: stab is up

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Verviticus posted:

didn't they change the way kids progress through 17-19 now? also regens don't even exist in 2015

There is something in the newest roster update about prospects. I'll test it tonight and see.

Apparently the older rosters were using prospect ratings based on EHM 07 progression rates which are much quicker.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
stab takes steve the shithead downie

Menamino is up

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I swear stab and RC are competing to see who can build the most hateable team.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Aye Doc posted:

the oilers will take Ryan Spooner, a natural center who has played (and struggled) at wing but I'll be putting him there anyway. i think his playmaking ability will go very nicely with teemu pulkkinen's on the other wing, they're both very creative with the puck and good at turning that creativity into chances for others

Brendan Smith - x

Petr Mrazek

i like my forwards a lot now, i came in wanting to get a strong middle six and i think both of those lines are full of smart hockey dudes who have good vision in the offensive zone, and Pastrnak/Spooner/Pulkkinen are all capable of driving the offense

i like your team almost as much as i like mine. your third line though is kind of made of dudes that might be 4th liners

for instance: what is a riley nash

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Aye Doc posted:

Brendan Smith - x

Petr Mrazek

I like Spooner. I almost did Namestnikov and Spooner, but I figure with Crosby and Kadri taking up my top 2 lines for the forseable future a pure goal scoring winger was better. I think Namestnikov is a little better than Spooner so I went that way.

That 3rd is interesting though. Nash is acutally a pretty decent third liner but probably not much else. Spooner and Pulkkinen definite potential top 6 players in the future, but I don't know about throwing them together on a third line right now.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
RC Cola takes uhhh Brandon Bollig because he's a punchman and we need more grit

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Aye Doc posted:

Brendan Smith - x

Petr Mrazek

Your defense is sick and I think Mrazek is ready to be a starter but every one of your forwards are secondary scorers at best. Steen is probably the best producer there and he's the last guy you think of when you think of guys that create their own offense.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Furnaceface posted:

I swear stab and RC are competing to see who can build the most hateable team.

shithead on a great contract. i"ll take 14 goals for a million bucks all day long.

plus I know he is an rear end in a top hat. so every line on my team has somebody who can rough it up or stir the poo poo (foligno, kane and downie)

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I'll take Ryan Pulock because while he might not be the highest rated defensive prospect out there, he's the one I know the most about, and there's also a good shot he plays in the nhl this year. Also has a 105mph slapshot and as we all know that's everything that matters and makes him cool.

Rick Nash - Johnathan Toews - Mark Stone
Anders Lee - Derick Brassard - Mikhail Grabovski
Sam Bennett - Frans Nielsen - Mitch Marner

Mark Giordano - Johnny Boychuk
Robert Bortuzzo - Cody Franson
- Ryan Pulock

MAF

Furnaceface is up

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

ryan pulocks name has "poo" in it

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Verviticus posted:

i like your team almost as much as i like mine. your third line though is kind of made of dudes that might be 4th liners

for instance: what is a riley nash

the guy you pick when your shortlist gets emptied. he's been a positive possession player on a Bad Team and he plays with some putrid linemates defensively, but he improves the CA60 and GA60 of anyone he plays with and none of the other centers i looked at when i was making my last pick looked even half as capable as The Big Ginge, Riley Nash

Paulocaust posted:

Your defense is sick and I think Mrazek is ready to be a starter but every one of your forwards are secondary scorers at best. Steen is probably the best producer there and he's the last guy you think of when you think of guys that create their own offense.

la kings style baby. 2-1 my way to the cup

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

Menamino posted:

I'll take Ryan Pulock because while he might not be the highest rated defensive prospect out there, he's the one I know the most about, and there's also a good shot he plays in the nhl this year. Also has a 105mph slapshot and as we all know that's everything that matters and makes him cool.

- Ryan Pulock

MAF

Furnaceface is up

I am definitely not crazy about that 2nd pairing at all, and I think your third can sink you unless Marner is an NHLer right away, but overall that's a pretty badass team.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

Aye Doc posted:

the guy you pick when your shortlist gets emptied. he's been a positive possession player on a Bad Team and he plays with some putrid linemates defensively, but he improves the CA60 and GA60 of anyone he plays with and none of the other centers i looked at when i was making my last pick looked even half as capable as The Big Ginge, Riley Nash

exactly. I constantly have to remind myself that despite looking like Rick Nash's shittier, ginger brother, he's actually a halfway decent 3rd liner.

e: whoops didn't mean to double post sorry.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

stab posted:

shithead on a great contract. i"ll take 14 goals for a million bucks all day long.

plus I know he is an rear end in a top hat. so every line on my team has somebody who can rough it up or stir the poo poo (foligno, kane and downie)

Downie can't rough it up. He can sure cheap shot people and try to make rookies stand naked in a shower only to get his rear end kicked by them, but rough it up, idk

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Paulocaust posted:

try to make rookies stand naked in a shower only to get his rear end kicked by them, but rough it up, idk

Lol who dis

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Menamino posted:

- Ryan Pulock

MAF

Furnaceface is up

Yep go gently caress yourself

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFMDWuepG7Y

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Akim Aliu. Downie tried to stuff him and the other rookies into a bus bathroom naked for one of their trips as hazing, and Aliu said no. So Downie cheap shot cross checked him into the mouth in practice knocking out his chicklets, but still got his rear end kicked by a 16 year old.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Paulocaust posted:

Downie can't rough it up. He can sure cheap shot people and try to make rookies stand naked in a shower only to get his rear end kicked by them, but rough it up, idk

stab posted:

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

stab posted:

stab posted:

touche sir

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Paulocaust posted:

Akim Aliu. Downie tried to stuff him and the other rookies into a bus bathroom naked for one of their trips as hazing, and Aliu said no. So Downie cheap shot cross checked him into the mouth in practice knocking out his chicklets, but still got his rear end kicked by a 16 year old.

I was always unhappy with how Aliu got the reputation as a poo poo disturber after that incident.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jordan7hm posted:

I was always unhappy with how Aliu got the reputation as a poo poo disturber after that incident.

I had literally never heard this. gently caress anyone that thinks he was in the wrong. gently caress Moe Mantha too while we're at it.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

My name, is Robin Lehner, 24, G, $2.25m to 2017...

After five years stranded on a poorly managed bubble hockey team, I have come to Buffalo with only one goal - to save this city.

But to do that, I can't be the goalie I once was...

<because I break my head>

To honor this team's tank job, I must be someone else...

I must be...something else...

e: Okay so Lehner had a season-ending cerebral commotion, no biggie. He'll be fine, right? He's pretty good, though he hasn't had that many pucks thrown at him. I think he'll benefit from a change in scenery and playing for a team that is interested in winning and has incentive to do so. Hopefully his head doesn't come apart, but I guess we'll see. He's also young, so if he works out, he works out long term, which is nice. Team-wise, I think that puts me at:

Semin - Giroux - Callahan
Toffoli - Couture - Moulson
Teravainen - Plekanec - Nieto

Barrie - Zadorov
Niskanen - Del Zotto
Wisniewski - x

Lehner

Habibi fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Aug 20, 2015

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Paulocaust posted:

I had literally never heard this. gently caress anyone that thinks he was in the wrong. gently caress Moe Mantha too while we're at it.

Maybe I was misinterpreting it, but every time that incident was brought up, it was in the context of how he just didn't get along with teammates and had character issues.

He wasn't skilled enough to play, but I always thought the kid got a pretty raw deal in junior. Pretty sure he had an issue around when someone called him the n-word too.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Its ok guys Im back Im here lets move this poo poo along Im taking Malcolm Subban because that gives me all the Subbans and I dont care if he isnt even the best prospect in the Bs goalie pool.

mentholmoose is up next

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Alright, I was agonizing over what to do with this pick, because there were a lot of different players - and a couple coaches - that I'm interested in. But I think I'm going to go for the player that I think has the most upside of anybody left, Robby Fabbri. His playmaking skills and hockey IQ are all off the charts, and he's got a fair bit of two way upside to him as well. Yeah, he's small, but he can still grow and I think he'll be a star. I really wish the actual Flyers had taken him in the 2014 Entry Draft.

Jakub Voracek - Henrik Sedin - Patrick Kane
Dylan Strome - Bryan Little - Jarome Iginla
? - Cody Eakin - Robby Fabbri
? - Mikael Backlund - ?

Sami Vatanen - Andrei Markov
Morgan Rielly - Braydon Coburn
Justin Schultz - ?

Semyon Varlamov

Still not sure whether these are the final positions of these guys on the forward lines, but this is close to what I'm thinking.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 20, 2015

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
He's gonna play this year. I was wondering when he'd get taken.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna take Francois Beauchemin because he plays big minutes on a v good team so how bad could he be right

Gaudreau-MacKinnon-Oshie
Marleau-Backes-Ryan
Versteeg-Elias-Palmieri

Beauchemin-Phaneuf
Myers-Rundblad
Reinhart

Price

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I'm taking Domonic Moore to be my 4C. Wins faceoffs, still fast, does everything well. One of the best fourth liners in the league, some veteran presence.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Paulocaust posted:

I'm gonna take Francois Beauchemin because he plays big minutes on a v good team so how bad could he be right

Gaudreau-MacKinnon-Oshie
Marleau-Backes-Ryan
Versteeg-Elias-Palmieri

Beauchemin-Phaneuf
Myers-Rundblad
Reinhart

Price

Haha good Lord the Beauchemin Phaneuf pairing strikes again

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

mentholmoose posted:

Alright, I was agonizing over what to do with this pick, because there were a lot of different players - and a couple coaches - that I'm interested in. But I think I'm going to go for the player that I think has the most upside of anybody left, Robby Fabbri. His playmaking skills and hockey IQ are all off the charts, and he's got a fair bit of two way upside to him as well. Yeah, he's small, but he can still grow and I think he'll be a star. I really wish the actual Flyers had taken him in the 2014 Entry Draft.

Jakub Voracek - Henrik Sedin - Patrick Kane
Dylan Strome - Bryan Little - Jarome Iginla
? - Cody Eakin - Robby Fabbri
? - Mikael Backlund - ?

Sami Vatanen - Andrei Markov
Morgan Rielly - Braydon Coburn
Justin Schultz - ?

Semyon Varlamov

Still not sure whether these are the final positions of these guys on the forward lines, but this is close to what I'm thinking.

That might be the best first line

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Ennis-Stepan-Pominville
Hossa-Horvat-Jenner
Cogliano-Girgensons-Jaskin
xxx--DMoore--xxx

Hedman-Tanev
McDonagh-de Haan

Vasilevsky

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
LW - Sven Baertschi, because he ripped the Griffins a new one in the playoffs last year and I think he has top six upside.

Zetterberg - Backstrom - Abdelkader
Johansson - Fisher - Hagelin
Baertschi - Matthias - xxxxxxxx

Ekmman-Larsson - Kronwall
Hjalmarsson - Savard
Ouellet

Lack

Good Soldier Svejk is up.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 21, 2015

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

VJeff posted:

LW - Sven Baertschi, because he ripped the Griffins a new one in the playoffs last year and I think he has top six upside.

Zetterberg - Backstrom - Abdelkader
Johansson - Fisher - Hagelin
Baertschi - Matthias - xxxxxxxx

Ekmman-Larsson - Kronwall
Hjalmarsson - Savard
Ouellet

Lack

this was the main dude who i was thinking of taking over spooner, but i decided that anyone who Jim Benning covets can not possibly be valuable

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Aye Doc posted:

this was the main dude who i was thinking of taking over spooner, but i decided that anyone who Jim Benning covets can not possibly be valuable

a good way to think about these things

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

VJeff posted:

We'll find out mighty quick if he has top six upside because he's the Canucks' 2nd line left wing right now. Haha my team is terrible.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ThinkTank posted:

We'll find out mighty quick if he has top six upside because he's the Canucks' 2nd line left wing right now. Haha my team is terrible.

Honestly, what do you (and other 'Nucks fans in here I guess) think of him long-term? I've been curious about him ever since he destroyed the Griffins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'll take Kyle Quincey because he seems like pretty good Larsson insurance. His fancy stats are just okay but Detroit feels good enough to play him 20 minutes a night so maybe he can pull that with Lindholm/Bouwmeester without dragging everyone down.
If not he's only got one year left on his deal.
Curious to hear what Wings fans feel about this - I think I've only seen him play a handful of times and he seemed.. mostly okay?

• Locked thread