Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

pathetic little tramp posted:

Bitcoin didn't add any wealth to the world, just spread it around from the dumb to the lucky, but it did create one incredible thing of value (well 2):

http://bitcalc.beepboopbitcoin.com/
Bitcoin Mining Profit Calculator: Gaiden

You might lose a few hours of your life playing it.

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Bitcoin didn't add any wealth to the world, just spread it around from the dumb to the lucky, but it did create one incredible thing of value (well 2):

I was pissed that there was no option early on to get bitcoin tips by saying I'm a girl on the internet, and my husband reminded me that there are no female bitcoin miners.

I love the fact that I can't buy a loving miner but I can compare all the specs. I didn't realize what the "club" really was until I went into the dungeon. Someone went to some effort with this thing and it is hilarious.

E: still mining bits. I think I am as bad as a "real" bitcoiner?

BonerGhost fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Aug 20, 2015

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

A star control reference inside the monkey island reference - this guy really knows how to pander to my nostalgia.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
All I did at work today was play the game. gently caress

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Another.

"Young kid? Just wants to learn!" posted:

I know my regulard credit score is not very good. My auto enhanced score should be pretty decent though. I applied at DCU and was denied. Roadloans approved me. I believe I received 3 different offers with avg rate at 17.5! How do I know what my "auto enhanced" score is ahead of time and who can I try to apply with that approves on that only?

Ok, fair enough, not everyone has great credit and he needs to buy and wants lowest interest possible. Sounds fine.

Uh oh posted:

I'm not sure what my score was when DCU pulled. Roadloans approved at 17.5 apr with a 551 score. Of course I don't think that is auto enhanced. I found a 2007 Nissan Armada with 65k miles on it. Asking price is $17,900 but thinking I can negotiate lower. I'll have a trade with about a $7,000 negative equity. Hoping to get decent financing for it....

Would anyone like to do the math on 17.5% on 25K?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

hanales posted:

Another.

Ok, fair enough, not everyone has great credit and he needs to buy and wants lowest interest possible. Sounds fine.

Would anyone like to do the math on 17.5% on 25K?

What's the term of the loan?

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What's the term of the loan?

You know it's going to be 7+ years.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Rudager posted:

You know it's going to be 7+ years.

C'mon surely he can make the monthly payments for a 3 year loan.

3 years @ 17.5% monthly payments $897.55

Hmm, well maybe 5 years $628.05

Nope 7 years if that will ever get approved $518.14 Yeah that looks like a typical BWM monthly car payment.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

hanales posted:

I'm on the first page and I"m horrified.

I read the entire thing. All 24 pages of it. Took a while, but I'd say it's much, much more entertaining (and horrifying) than both slomo's and zaurg's threads.

I really doubt anything posted here can top it, really.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

If only this forum wasn't so good with money Blue Story would have received a custom title by now. Oh well.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
As someone on the first page says, I'm pretty sure "Star Wars" is a cheeky name for heroin.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

I can now buy a mining rig. This just keeps getting better and better. What a masterpiece.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Does it count as BWM if someone gets (cock)blocked from horse equity?

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/3grcw7/cckblocking_trustees_of_special_needs_trust_wa/ posted:

When my dad died, I didn't have enough money in my SN Trust that he had set up for me, for the bank to take it. I was forced to make a hasty decision on choosing a new trustee. I am regretting this decision greatly. I've studied the trust, and studied online how it's supposed to work, and have never asked for anything that would cause legal problems within the trust to break it, or to harm my SSI. However, according to SSI and according to the trust, I am allowed to own a home (they just can't pay mortgage/utilites/rent), and the trust is also allowed to help me out with housing if I am facing hardship. This money would come out of my SSI, in increments, and I get that. The trustees, however, put me off for a year, charging me outrageous fees, and never gave me an answer or excuse as to why they wouldn't do it. They refuse conversation. Finally, they told me to find a new trustee, and this is now their excuse for blocking me on other things - things which are covered under "recreation" and things which have a precedent that they have paid before. I was told by one trustee I had seen that "Yes, you're allowed to spend all the money down if you want, it's your money" which I don't, but just sayin'. I cannot afford legal action against them, without burning out the entire trust - though I really would love to! Aside from my attempts at trying to find a new trustee, which I am already doing, does anyone have any advice on how to handle this? I'm just burned out and enraged at this point.

tldr; Trustees will pay for me to live in a van down by the river, but not get me an rv or mobile home to live in - though it'd be a one-time payment, and I'd be paying rent and utilities. Trustees will pay for horse leasing/rental and lessons (recreation), as well as YMCA membership (recreation), and as well as dog veterinary bills, but cockblock on buying an actual horse (recreation). Reason: "Your new trustees can deal with this poo poo. Bugger off. Gimme ur money."

Further context:

quote:

Special Needs Trusts (SNT) are allowed to pay for certain non-essential things, but can't cover housing or food. The idea is that the person needs to have almost zero income and assets to qualify for govt programs like SSI and medicaid. Therefore any money they have must be "owned" by the SNT and strictly doled out only for approved expenses.

OP says her SNT is fairly small in monetary terms, and it's allowed to give her money for "recreation". She wants the Trustees to buy her a horse for "recreation", but they warned her that too many expenses will drain her SNT. She also wanted them to buy her an RV to live in, but that will create paperwork nightmares since they'd have to get her SSI reduced to compensate for the "housing" payout.

Horses are expensive, of course, and you can't decide not to feed the horse for a few months in a market downturn. I don't blame her Trustees for saying no to such a huge obligation as an animal that may live 25 years and have enormous vet and stable bills. The housing/RV issue is also probably more than they want to take on for managing such a small Trust.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

As someone on the first page says, I'm pretty sure "Star Wars" is a cheeky name for heroin.

Nah. She mentions movies and conventions. It's way too elaborate to be a euphemism.

Really, she hasn't yet realized that she has married a literal manchild who:

a) is in his 40s
b) maintains - and continues to spend obscene amounts of money on - growing a massive collection of star wars media and merchandise
c) has convinced her (and possibly himself) that he has "oral allergies" that prevents him from eating any fresh produce so that he can justify his eating out every meal
d) literally doesn't respond when faced with criticism, which is what actual children do when reprimanded
e) receives "birthday checks", probably from parents

Note that the woman is also a nutcase, and has insane issues such as feeling like she has to buy literally every piece of merchandise at concerts, and hanging onto empty food containers for weeks before she can bring herself to throw them out. So they really deserve each other.

I just feel really, really bad for their unborn child. He or she is going to be the weird kid that everyone makes fun of school.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Haifisch posted:

Does it count as BWM if someone gets (cock)blocked from horse equity?

Further context:

After reading the furry confession thread in A/T, I feel like cockblock is probably the wrong term to describe denying a horse purchase.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

This is the best and funniest computer thing I have seen in a long drat time

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

enraged_camel posted:

Nah. She mentions movies and conventions. It's way too elaborate to be a euphemism.

Really, she hasn't yet realized that she has married a literal manchild who:

a) is in his 40s
b) maintains - and continues to spend obscene amounts of money on - growing a massive collection of star wars media and merchandise
c) has convinced her (and possibly himself) that he has "oral allergies" that prevents him from eating any fresh produce so that he can justify his eating out every meal
d) literally doesn't respond when faced with criticism, which is what actual children do when reprimanded
e) receives "birthday checks", probably from parents

Note that the woman is also a nutcase, and has insane issues such as feeling like she has to buy literally every piece of merchandise at concerts, and hanging onto empty food containers for weeks before she can bring herself to throw them out. So they really deserve each other.

I just feel really, really bad for their unborn child. He or she is going to be the weird kid that everyone makes fun of school.

If the thread is not a troll (and I'm not convinced it isn't) then she and her husband need serious therapy, not financial advice.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

If the thread is not a troll (and I'm not convinced it isn't) then she and her husband need serious therapy, not financial advice.

The thread has absolutely made my week. I think the fake picture shows that one of them is a troll. Either Blue Story is a troll (in which case, I am just impressed) or the other poster posted that picture as a troll instead of whatever actual picture she sent him.

Also, if real, who threatens a lawsuit on someone posting a picture of star wars figurines?

Edit: of course she posts 5 minutes after i post this.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 21, 2015

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

I don't know why that stupid woman makes me so irrationally angry, but she does.

I imagine she talks in a baby voice and twirls her hair a lot and I just want to punch her in her face.

1. Have they had a big whiny fight yet? 2. Did these two broken morons manage to conceive?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
And the thread just moved to EN. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Tigntink posted:

And the thread just moved to EN. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

The E/N phase of the work has started already. With the direction it's taking it's not a BFC thread anymore. detective monkey is is sad so hopefully they can help her.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Welp, she finally posted a picture and it appears she's for real.

I can't decide whether to laugh or cry. Maybe I'll do both.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

enraged_camel posted:

Welp, she finally posted a picture and it appears she's for real.

I can't decide whether to laugh or cry. Maybe I'll do both.

I still want to see the largest Star Wars collection in Muleshoe, AK

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The picture was ripped from some article on raising children in slovenly houses from 2013, it's confirmed fake.

The OP is either a huge troll or a huge liar.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Not a Children posted:

The picture was ripped from some article on raising children in slovenly houses from 2013, it's confirmed fake.

The OP is either a huge troll or a huge liar.

Uh, you're a bit behind. I'm not talking about the picture CCCG posted. I'm talking about this one, which she posted as proof of her band merchandise insanity:

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

That's a lot of merchandise for a mid nineties Canadian sketch comedy group.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

the littlest prince posted:

I can now buy a mining rig. This just keeps getting better and better. What a masterpiece.

Wait, really? I assumed the joke was you can mine all the bitcoins you want, but never actually buy anything with them or trade them for real money.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Near the beginning of that thread she said something like, "I went to a concert in college but I was poor so I couldn't buy all the merchandise I wanted and I was really really sad, so now that I'm making some money I buy everything I can whenever I go to concerts and conventions."

Like I said, total nutcase.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

Uh, you're a bit behind. I'm not talking about the picture CCCG posted. I'm talking about this one, which she posted as proof of her band merchandise insanity:

Oh my. I'm back on the hate train, thank you.

e: Why would you get the same exact shirt in two different colors, christ

SmuglyDismissed
Nov 27, 2007
IGNORE ME!!!

Not a Children posted:

You always have to have a complete set.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
If you got them in the same color, people would think you wore the same shirt twice.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Not a Children posted:

:10bux: says she will never wear any of it, either. She's a hoarder. Just having more stuff fills some emotional hole she has.

jaymeekae
Aug 30, 2003

I sound hot when I swear my f*cking head off.

enraged_camel posted:

Near the beginning of that thread she said something like, "I went to a concert in college but I was poor so I couldn't buy all the merchandise I wanted and I was really really sad, so now that I'm making some money I buy everything I can whenever I go to concerts and conventions."

Like I said, total nutcase.

Wait, really? I just spent most of my afternoon at work reading that thread but I missed that bit. I saw the bit where she blamed all her other issues on a fire when she was a kid but I missed the "one time i couldn't buy a thing so now i am buying ALL THINGS to make up for poor little past me." post.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

jaymeekae posted:

Wait, really? I just spent most of my afternoon at work reading that thread but I missed that bit. I saw the bit where she blamed all her other issues on a fire when she was a kid but I missed the "one time i couldn't buy a thing so now i am buying ALL THINGS to make up for poor little past me." post.

It's funny how people take things so differently. My house burned down to the ground with nothing salvageable when I was 7. How I took it was that all purchased goods can be replaced and material goods aren't really very relevant to life. Also home insurance pays for some rad poo poo.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Tigntink posted:

Also home insurance pays for some rad poo poo.

Paid my parents for a full remodel of the 1st floor and meals eating out for 4 months when we found mold damage to the kitchen cabinets from a leaky dishwasher. Good home insurance kicks rear end

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I had a bunch of excess old clothes that barely fit me anymore, and that thread inspired me to finally just collect them all and donate them to good will.

Now to get my wife (a librarian) to donate old books....

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Not a Children posted:

Paid my parents for a full remodel of the 1st floor and meals eating out for 4 months when we found mold damage to the kitchen cabinets from a leaky dishwasher. Good home insurance kicks rear end

I just had a nice bit of water damage in four rooms of my house. I hope USAA comes through. My wife's been whining for some remodeling lately so I told her to be careful what she wished for.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

BloodBag posted:

I just had a nice bit of water damage in four rooms of my house. I hope USAA comes through. My wife's been whining for some remodeling lately so I told her to be careful what she wished for.

Good With Money: have insurance through USAA. Seriously, they loving rock.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Kitchen damage is the best damage. My mom got a nice grease fire on her stove that my dumbass brother threw water on. A month later she has new cabinets, new recessed lighting, fresh paint on the whole downstairs, and a couple of new appliances. Still has a fucktard for a son though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Senf posted:

Good With Money: have insurance through USAA. Seriously, they loving rock.

Not for everyone. For me it would be like 400% more.

• Locked thread