Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

toanoradian posted:

:aaa:

King Lou of "Lou Reads" can be grossed out?

Well everyone has their limits I suppose. If one of my friends casually mentioned how funny he thought it was to jerk it at the gym where other people are going to shower I would give them endless poo poo about it. If they told me they were drinking piss ok'd be like "well that is gross but whatever."

I just remember wishing Jay would be like "WTF are you serious?" But instead he was like "ha ha yeah. Okay bro"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

The Beatrix Potter Dead Author's podcast was okay, the Camus one was great.

Half of Dana Gould's new podcast could be considered "The annoying laugh" hour. It's got Gilbert Gottfried and Eddie Pepitone on the same one. If it had Ryan Sickler as the third guest I may not have been able to listen to it. So far it's pretty funny though, although he's starting to use a lot of the same jokes now.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I really like Dana Gould's podcast, but I think he told the same story twice in the first three episodes, punchline and all.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

wafflesnsegways posted:

I really like Dana Gould's podcast, but I think he told the same story twice in the first three episodes, punchline and all.

He definitely is prone to repeating stuff.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I'd give almost anything to hear Bobcat on The Todd Glass Show.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

King Lou posted:

I actually stopped listening when that one comic talked about jerking off at the gym shower and he didn't chastise him. It was a long time ago in the podcast but i was super grossed out. That and him always talking about his "super hot wife" his super cool young priest and so on.

Look at this guy who doesn't listen to I Love Green Guide Letters .

Recently semi-regular guest made it known that he and a friend used to jerk off in solariums. :gonk:.

Has anyone been listening to Jesse vs Cancer?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Jesse vs Cancer is very good. Everyone should listen to it.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
I'm gonna be on Bunker Buddies tomorrow. Anyone here who listens to that show got any advice or tips?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Has anyone actually listened to this Art of Charm podcast? Man oh man the ads couldn't sound more lame

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Go Bayside is back! Hot snacks for everyone!

I'm not even halfway through and I love it. I've missed this show.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Anyone got money on Dave having not invested enough in bandwidth to stream podfest, and taking 0 blame?

Edit: nm already blaming Go Daddy

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The LA Podfest website is down. SHOULD HAVE USED SQUARESPACE! 24/7 TECH SUPPORT!

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Should've used Howl...

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Haha LAPodfest is begging go daddy for help on Twitter. Good job guys.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This morning I was thinking 'maybe I should just bite it and get the ticket, I may not be super jazzed about most of the lineup but there's some solid stuff and who knows I may find more podcasts I'd like'

Glad the part of me that'd rather get a hamburger and gently caress around with video games won that fight.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

This loving tweet

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Haha what the gently caress

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Is Dave still arranging this thing? I thought he had left it to someone else.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Sandweed posted:

Is Dave still arranging this thing? I thought he had left it to someone else.

Yeah, Dave isn't the one making any of the arrangements.

Apparently according to a facebook post:

Dave Anthony posted:

f you can't see the live stream, here's what happened. We paid Godaddy to handle one million streams. They capped it much lower and aren't fixing it. We are archiving the shows. You can watch on periscope @lapodfest. Feel free to ask @godaddy why they have screwed up

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

hahaha yeah definitely glad that I never pay in advance for anything Dave Anthony is involved with, whether he's running podfest or not it seems like from a technical standpoint, anything he's remotely close to is a giant fuckup

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Wow. That's amazing. They should have gone with an actual streaming service like Twitch, YouTube or Livestream. I wouldn't trust GoDaddy to do anything above registering a domain.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I'm also confused how the streaming got over capacity so the entire website crashed? What a lovely site setup.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
GoDaddy doesn't even provide streaming technology. What the gently caress is Dave talking about

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

abraham linksys posted:

GoDaddy doesn't even provide streaming technology. What the gently caress is Dave talking about

I think it might be literally getting to the website that provides the stream (and logins etc). Their setup was kind of weird last year too, but as far as I know it worked. (I think I only watched archives)

Edit: http://www.lapodfest.com/live/ seems to work for me now even if the main site doesn't

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 19, 2015

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I cannot even log in let alone see a stream, at a time when only one show is going. This is extremely good

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Reformed Pissboy posted:

I cannot even log in let alone see a stream, at a time when only one show is going. This is extremely good

Try Http instead of https

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I am using http (you can't use https, it refuses the connection lol), and the page loads, but the login request goes nowhere. The post to lapodfest.com/wp-login.php times out after a couple of minutes.

edit: Of course, ten seconds after I post this and on what must have been my 20th try, it suddenly goes through with no problem

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
They better just issue blanket refunds for those who paid for streaming.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

soggybagel posted:

They better just issue blanket refunds for those who paid for streaming.

Part of the streaming ticket is the shows get archived for a while so you can go back later. There's not any streaming audience chat or something.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Well part of what was promised was the ability to watch live streams. And that has not really happened.

Also if it's buckling now no way in hell does it handle the load tonight when you have Giant Bomb and WTF.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 19, 2015

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I'm at the PodFest AMA

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I'm at the PodFest AMA

how bad are the washrooms

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

how many men with ponytail/beard combos are within your line of sight

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

how did you manage the smell of the room during the Dollop? (just assuming)

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The Berzerker posted:

how bad are the washrooms

Pretty bad. It's held at this beautiful 5 star hotel in Beverly Hills but after a few hours each day, it smelled like Lysol piss.

The Berzerker posted:

how many men with ponytail/beard combos are within your line of sight

This is Los Angeles we have man buns not ponytails.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

soggybagel posted:

Well part of what was promised was the ability to watch live streams. And that has not really happened.

Also if it's buckling now no way in hell does it handle the load tonight when you have Giant Bomb and WTF.

Being fair for all my bitching they handled WTF and everything Saturday without a problem (for me).

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I'm at the PodFest AMA

Are the gates locked

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS
Do the archives go up after everything is done?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

ChickenArise posted:

Do the archives go up after everything is done?

Yup they apparently go up early next week. I'm guessing around the time all the episodes people paid to watch live go up for free on their respective podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Before all this happened it sounded like people were purposely delaying when the episodes came out so they wouldn't cut the feed and archive money off at the knees. At least, that's what I've guessed based on what happened last year and what some of the podcasters said this year. No clue what they'll do now given the situation but as long as the archive still shows up on time it'll probably beat most audio versions to the punch.

Now, if that works as planned is a different matter.

• Locked thread